Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1429, 1430, 1431, 1432, 1433  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
Strange game for AD. Had 30 points on 14-15 shooting midway thru the 3rd q. Then got in foul trouble and did nothing rest of the game.

If Aaron Gordon can stop AD from having monster games the games in LA won’t be close

That's one way to frame it, another is - AD had 30 points on 14-15 shooting and Ham stopped running set plays and let LeBron and them freestyle the offense and both AD and DLo ( who was 6/7 from three in the first half ) hardly got any touches for the rest of the game.

Aaron Gordon didn’t stop him. Moving Gordon on him and Joker on Rui so Joker could sit in his lap, knowing our guards can’t get him the ball and Rui wouldn’t make them pay stop him. You win the game if Bron forces it to AD or if you simply put Prince in for Rui and let him attack. It’s as simple as that, Prince has actually outplayed Rui but he can’t close or get minutes based off play now. I don’t even understand but it’s clear he’s outplayed Rui, and the whole bench but can’t get time based off play.

I mean they used Joker in drop and zone after AD beat the hell out of Joker. Then when he comes up foul 4 they abused Rui

That whole 4th quarter was Bron and Reaves to a lesser extent running around over going to Dlo and AD who killed them. They froze out their two hot hands
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:03 am    Post subject:

Big props to KCP looking out for AD here…

https://x.com/tjmanotoc/status/1782631305139900831?s=46&t=2eY4h7X3tENv3uRTgQTQBA
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:19 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

https://x.com/tjmanotoc/status/1782631305139900831?s=46&t=2eY4h7X3tENv3uRTgQTQBA

Awesome guy.

One of our biggest mistakes, unforgivable really in my book letting championshop winning character guys like KCP/Caruso go. The little things they did, still unreplaced. Don't care what the offense metrics say, I'll take Caruso/KCP and a wing like Rui or Vanderbilt with AD/Bron over any other team in the West. The way AD and Bron have been healthy this year, if we were elite defensively we'd get through the West.

DLO and Reaves are great on offense, but I'd love to have them (or one of them) off the bench with a guys like Caruso/KCP battling the elite guards on defense. Now maybe Vincent and a healthy Vanderbilt would have changed my opinion but feel we didn't value these guys enough. We still ignore the importance of the roles Caruso, KCP, Dwight and Rondo played. Haven't replaced any of their roles. Howard gave you a body on Jokic/big 5s so AD can rest and play the 4s. Caruso/KCP gave you elite perimeter defense against elite guards and perimeter units. Rondo gave you that leader off the bench that took the ball and decision making out of Bron's hands. Don't get me wrong, Rondo/Dwight are way too old. But what a shame when I watch us play with a healthy AD/Bron and we just seem to have put together a team that's effective on one side of the ball. Simply don't have a good GM. Wasting a healthy Bron/AD year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:04 am    Post subject:

Jokic still had a monster game even with AD guarding him so putting AD on Jokic is also not the answer. Just let Jokic have his points. Hopefully, he'll get tired by the end of the game.

We need AD to guard the paint and have energy to score just as many points to keep up with Jokic. It would also keep him out of foul trouble as he almost fouled out today.

We don't have an answer for Jokic. The Wolves have Gobert and Spurs have Wemby. That's why the Spurs could beat the Nuggets. That's why I wanted to avoid the Nuggets. Lakers are still a dominant force against most other teams. They're just not well equipped to deal with Denver.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:01 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Awesome guy.

One of our biggest mistakes, unforgivable really in my book letting championshop winning character guys like KCP/Caruso go. The little things they did, still unreplaced. Don't care what the offense metrics say, I'll take Caruso/KCP and a wing like Rui or Vanderbilt with AD/Bron over any other team in the West. The way AD and Bron have been healthy this year, if we were elite defensively we'd get through the West.

DLO and Reaves are great on offense, but I'd love to have them (or one of them) off the bench with a guys like Caruso/KCP battling the elite guards on defense. Now maybe Vincent and a healthy Vanderbilt would have changed my opinion but feel we didn't value these guys enough. We still ignore the importance of the roles Caruso, KCP, Dwight and Rondo played. Haven't replaced any of their roles. Howard gave you a body on Jokic/big 5s so AD can rest and play the 4s. Caruso/KCP gave you elite perimeter defense against elite guards and perimeter units. Rondo gave you that leader off the bench that took the ball and decision making out of Bron's hands. Don't get me wrong, Rondo/Dwight are way too old. But what a shame when I watch us play with a healthy AD/Bron and we just seem to have put together a team that's effective on one side of the ball. Simply don't have a good GM. Wasting a healthy Bron/AD year.
In the past...id agree with you...but in this NBA...who plays defense...your best defense is a good offense!!! Murray is no stellar defender...MPJ? They put pressure on you with their offense. Our problem is that there are too many times that Lebron wants to be the alpha and omega on offense...so our other offensive assets are neutralized. KCP is a solid defender...but he didnt have to play much defense against us...especially in the 2nd half. He was clearly getting worked in the first half....then we stopped ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:07 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Jokic still had a monster game even with AD guarding him so putting AD on Jokic is also not the answer. Just let Jokic have his points. Hopefully, he'll get tired by the end of the game.

We need AD to guard the paint and have energy to score just as many points to keep up with Jokic. It would also keep him out of foul trouble as he almost fouled out today.

We don't have an answer for Jokic. The Wolves have Gobert and Spurs have Wemby. That's why the Spurs could beat the Nuggets. That's why I wanted to avoid the Nuggets. Lakers are still a dominant force against most other teams. They're just not well equipped to deal with Denver.

He doesn’t get tired. He never changes. He actually bullies guys late in games. I know it’s hard to accept but he is so much better than everyone else.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:07 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:

<snip>
In the past...id agree with you...but in this NBA...who plays defense...your best defense is a good offense!!!

It's not about individual defense, it's about team defense. Watch what Denver did in the 4th quarter of Game 2 with "mediocre defender" Murray and "slow" Jokic.
(They were elite, completely choked the Lakers). I think a contender needs both, a reliable offense (courtesy Jokic/Murray) and stellar team defense with length+quickness+smarts+coaching.
Also, Denver has a major advantage at home - the Lakers were breathing fumes at game-end - that was a factor in Denver's high percentage offense in closing.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:32 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Awesome guy.

Destroying the 2020 team is one of the worst decisions is Lakers history
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

He doesn’t get tired. He never changes. He actually bullies guys late in games. I know it’s hard to accept but he is so much better than everyone else.

Well thought out post halflife, I watched AD in the Bubble and he was heads and shoulders above all the bigs at that time, it’s amazing how much Jokic has leaped frogged Davis since that title season.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:27 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Awesome guy.

My goodness, you're hitting a very, very sore spot. It is beyond my ability to describe how I think a tandem of KCP & Caruso playing next to AD & LeBron would look. The defense would be a super joy to watch.

But here's another sore spot that would have added just what we need next to AD: Zubac. A mobile big who could at least body Joker, while AD played the weak side waiting for Joker to make his moves.

James, Davis, KCP, Caruso, Zubac, and a free, lets say Reaves to back up the backcourt.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Well thought out post halflife, I watched AD in the Bubble and he was heads and shoulders above all the bigs at that time, it’s amazing how much Jokic has leaped frogged Davis since that title season.

I don’t know how well thought out it is but jokic is better than everyone else. That’s the dilemma.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:09 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

<snip>

But here's another sore spot that would have added just what we need next to AD: Zubac. A mobile big who could at least body Joker, while AD played the weak side waiting for Joker to make his moves.

What hurts me even more is that we gave them away for peanuts, and then doubled down defending the stupidity. If Zubac (or Lopez, or Randal, or ..) had been translated into some move for the future (young player, picks) that didn't pan out later due to injury/circumstances, I would live with that. Nah, not here.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:13 am    Post subject:

LeBron and AD’s stats, especially their effeciency, are so much better than last year’s WCF. And yet we’re in the same position. Really sucks
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:36 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

<snip>

What hurts me even more is that we gave them away for peanuts, and then doubled down defending the stupidity. If Zubac (or Lopez, or Randal, or ..) had been translated into some move for the future (young player, picks) that didn't pan out later due to injury/circumstances, I would live with that. Nah, not here.

Yeah, we call it asset management. Unfortunately, Pelinka's moves have been ass(et) management.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:12 am    Post subject:

Just shows what many of us have been saying, it isn't AD's fault for the nuggets matchups. It is the other guys either not stepping up or their other guys stepping up.

I think in the most recent one we were outcoached, they adjusted and we failed to adjust to their adjustment. Hopefully we have something now so we can adapt to them more easily.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:23 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
LeBron and AD’s stats, especially their effeciency, are so much better than last year’s WCF. And yet we’re in the same position. Really sucks

Everyone except agenda pushers can see it's not LeBron or AD's faults.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

lol. His iso play late killed us in game 2. His tos killed us in game 1.

Ad went missing late in game two. Actually the 2nd half. There isn’t a big in the league who would have lower production than him in a game like that.

To your point. Everyone with an agenda looks the other way.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Awesome guy.

Destroying the 2020 team is one of the worst decisions is Lakers history

KCP, Green, McGee, and Caruso brought defensive identity to the team, so of course we got rid of them one by one.

It’ would be like your employer laying you off after you worked for them relentlessly for years without extra pay.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:55 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

lol. His iso play late killed us in game 2. His tos killed us in game 1.

Ad went missing late in game two. Actually the 2nd half. There isn’t a big in the league who would have lower production than him in a game like that.

To your point. Everyone with an agenda looks the other way.

Thanks, I'll definitely take this into account.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Lakers were reportedly ‘upset’ with Anthony Davis' comments following Game 2, per @JaredSGreenberg

"From speaking with people within the Lakers' organization, they were upset and disappointed quite frankly by AD's comments."

(Via @NBATV)

We're screwed if Lakers FO are really siding with Ham>AD.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers were reportedly ‘upset’ with Anthony Davis' comments following Game 2, per @JaredSGreenberg

"From speaking with people within the Lakers' organization, they were upset and disappointed quite frankly by AD's comments."

(Via @NBATV)

They are probably just following the lead of first take.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

(Via @NBATV)

I mean, technically the coaching staff is a source within the Lakers' organization. I highly doubt they're talking to Jeanie, Rob or Rambii on this.

The actual read on this should be about how it has been the consistent message from most of the key players all year. Sure, keep it in house is often a good approach. But when that isn't working, speaking up is what has to be done.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

(Via @NBATV)

I mean, technically the coaching staff is a source within the Lakers' organization. I highly doubt they're talking to Jeanie, Rob or Rambii on this.

The actual read on this should be about how it has been the consistent message from most of the key players all year. Sure, keep it in house is often a good approach. But when that isn't working, speaking up is what has to be done.

Their point was AD didn’t do anything the last 17 minutes.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:05 pm    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Awesome guy.

In the past...id agree with you...but in this NBA...who plays defense...your best defense is a good offense!!! Murray is no stellar defender...MPJ? They put pressure on you with their offense. Our problem is that there are too many times that Lebron wants to be the alpha and omega on offense...so our other offensive assets are neutralized. KCP is a solid defender...but he didnt have to play much defense against us...especially in the 2nd half. He was clearly getting worked in the first half....then we stopped ourselves.

I got a question for you …

Who checked Dame? KCP
Who had Harden 94 feet? KCP
Who had Murray in the wcf? KCP

Who hit the most 3 pointers in a playoff run in Laker history not named Kobe while doing that? KCP

Then again when we were up 2-1 on PHOENIX, who got hurt along with AD and had Booker shooting 39% from the field? KCP … it was Caruso who got spit roasted when KCP was out and set Booker on fire

Man was always 38-40 from three, double digit points starting, 85-90 from the line, and checked the pest perimeter guard while running through every pick. And he was Kept in the Hield deal and could have been kept in the Russ deal with moving Tucker in it as a sign and trade 🤦🏽‍♂️

Now he out here defending everyone from Dlo, to AR, to Bron. Dunking on us in fast breaks. Hitting big shots. And helping Denver defend a title he helped them get 😂😂 … would have happily got rid of Caruso, Tucker, and Kuzma if we kept him. He probably would have made the Russ years easier too
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

(Via @NBATV)

Their point was AD didn’t do anything the last 17 minutes.

Your point is sadly not a point when Gilbert Arenas and Kenyon Martin broke done … the first two plays of the third they went to AD and he scored both times. Then they spent the next 5 mins and 20 seconds and AD did not touch the ball. AR, Bron, Dlo, and Rui all took shots for 5 minutes without even throwing it his way. Then they went to him and one play he got Bron a shot, the next play he attempted a shot and missed, and then three more plays in a row Rui, AR, and Dlo all took shots. Then he picked up foul 4 and ham sat him to the fourth. Then when he came back in he went three minutes again without touching the ball. Then when he did get it again he took another shot.

So from the time AD started the third and hit back to back and Denver didn’t counter, his own teammates decided to leave him with no touches let alone shots for 5 minutes. His coach didn’t trust him to play with 4 and sat him. Then his guys gave 1 shot and 5 touches the whole fourth quarter.

AD was right that the coach and his teammates including Bron don’t know what they were doing. He was cooking and they froze him out. In the words of Kenyon Martin that (bleep) never happens with J. Kidd because he would look at a coach like did before and say f your plays every trip down Kenyon or RJ touching this b…. To the team stops him. And Gilbert pointdd out how vets and guys he know (himself, Caron, Jamison)would walk to the huddle and yell guys it would be nice to touch the mf unless if yall think yall can win this without me based off how yall playing and let that (bleep) fall in the huddle on whoever ears it needed to touch.

AD said that (bleep) in the press so it could fall on whoever head it needed to fall on. It can fall on Rui, Dlo, and Reaves for taking shots for that 5 minutes. It can fall on Bron and his iq for not getting him involved and trying to be the hero vs Murray late. It can fall of Ham and his coaching decisions and lineups

AD made some (bleep) fall on the head of Ham when he said in the press that it would be nice if the team that made the wcf got to play together, start together, and all. Then ham magically started Dlo, AR, and Rui all at once and they won at a 60% clip.

That was a message of give me the (bleep) ball like Shaq would say as a big or shut the (bleep) ip and rebound if you want to score because it’s a pecking order like Kobe would say. It needed to be said because it was bad coaching and bad iq by his starters in that third. AD scored on them back to back and you then say we not got let big fella touch it for 5 plus minutes … come on there, in the words of Hakeem when Kenny or the rockets would do something stupid i would go down and take theee second calls on both ends to make them realize

His team ruined a 50 point on the road win from AD. And his coach ruined Joker being contained because he went from below 40% when AD say up 14 to shooting over 50% and Hot after killing Rui. And Bron played hero and failed him too like he failed him last year when AD had 40-10 down by 3 and Bron ignored him then and missed and they lost game 1; AD out shot Bron for the series from 3 too lol. Same thing flashed back with KCP falls and you can attack the rim or feed AD and you failed. It was a flashpoint, they all got me (bleep) up 😂

Last edited by Kblo247! on Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1429, 1430, 1431, 1432, 1433  Next
Page 1430 of 1433
Jump to: