Official LA RAMS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Rams have a solid foundation. Just gotta make some good draft picks and they have something.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I can vision all the let's get Belichick or Harbaugh. I just feel them coming. Who's gonna start it? LINK

Rams aren't going to break out the bank for those coaches. You gotta realize a desperate team like the Cowboys will be in the mix now with Jerry getting on in the final years on this Earth and he needs something. He will most likely overbid for those coaches thus driving the rest of the market up.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
19m
Rams believe TE Tyler Higbee tore his ACL after absorbing a low hit from Detroit safety Kerby Joseph, per sources. There will be additional testing to confirm the initial diagnosis.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Still think we should consider trading AD/Cupp before it's too late and round up as many assets as possible for them. Now we gotta draft a TE in addition some help along the edge who can mange fundamental aspects such as tackling.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:17 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Still think we should consider trading AD/Cupp before it's too late and round up as many assets as possible for them. Now we gotta draft a TE in addition some help along the edge who can mange fundamental aspects such as tackling.

I think the team likes rookie TE Davis Allen. Kupp is more likely to eventually be a cap casualty due to his high cap #. Donald still has value, sure, but since the team is apparently good again, I think he'll be sticking around. If they were going to trade him, it would have already happened.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:06 am    Post subject:

Instead to trying to trash a good coach, I'll add a rib-bit:

Mathew Stafford is now fourth all time on the playoff Passer Rating list behind Mahones, the great Bart Starr (whose passer rating compared to others of his era is most exceptional), and fellow Ram Kurt Warner.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:27 am    Post subject:

Despite the disappointing loss last night Rams fans have to be optimistic for the future. They were expected to be a 5 or 6 win team and instead won 10 games. Had they been a less sloppy team they were a couple of plays from beating the NFL's best in the Baltimore Ravens. They couldn't score in the red zone vs the Lions but I'm sure they are going to take some lessons from that to shore up their team for next year. They are a year or two from being serious contenders once again.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:09 am    Post subject:

From Twitter/X - Surrender Index

"LAR decided to punt to DET from the DET 44 on 4th & 14 with 4:15 remaining in the 4th while losing 23 to 24.

With a Surrender Index of 29.05, this punt ranks at the 99.2nd percentile of cowardly punts of the 2023 season, and the 98th percentile of all punts since 1999."

Ouch.
Like I have said before, ZERO Killer Instinct in Mcvay. He needs to get his head out.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:26 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

"LAR decided to punt to DET from the DET 44 on 4th & 14 with 4:15 remaining in the 4th while losing 23 to 24.

With a Surrender Index of 29.05, this punt ranks at the 99.2nd percentile of cowardly punts of the 2023 season, and the 98th percentile of all punts since 1999."

Ouch.
Like I have said before, ZERO Killer Instinct in Mcvay. He needs to get his head out.

I was watching the game with my dad and I was apoplectic when they punted.

And McVay is a good coach overall, yes. As I said, his overall offensive scheme clearly works and players buy in to his "program." But there's something to the fact that Shanahan coaching tree coaches are notorious for time management errors and timeout snafus and 4th down decisions gone awry. You might think that after all these years, he would realize that you can't afford to just waste a timeout early in the 2nd half because the play clock might run out on you. It's honestly not that difficult of a concept to grasp. Take the 5-yard penalty. And don't punt in opposing territory with hardly any time left with only 1 timeout left.

McVay deserves all the criticism possible after last night. He had a bad game, and I didn't even mention the red zone playcalling. Good players and coaches are not immune to criticism.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:48 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

Ouch.

yeah that was the game right there. it wasn't like they pined the Lions deep near their end zone with the punt anyway, the net yard was only 24 after the punt. the refs missed a clear PI call a play or two prior, so the odds of Rams getting a favorable call on the 4th down play was high.

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:54 am; edited 2 times in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:42 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
19m
Rams believe TE Tyler Higbee tore his ACL after absorbing a low hit from Detroit safety Kerby Joseph, per sources. There will be additional testing to confirm the initial diagnosis.

That was a brutal hit, it was those kind of hits going down the seam of the defense that made Gronk retire as it is savage to get hit that low going full speed.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:31 pm    Post subject:

For the love of God, do not re-hire Staley as the DC.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:52 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
For the love of God, do not re-hire Staley as the DC.

I was just thinking the same thing when I heard the news about Raheem Morris.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Looks like the Rams endorsement of Raheem Morris for the head coach at Atlanta was what sealed it.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:22 pm    Post subject:

We also get a 3rd Round comp pick for Morris' departure.

JAKE ELLENBOGEN
@JKBOGEN
The #Rams are coming off a 10-7 year where they paid $75M to players not on the roster. This off-season, they have a pathway to freeing up to $70M in cap should they choose to and have a projected 11 draft picks including their first. Not to mention that they found stars in Kyren Williams, Puka Nacua and Kobie Turner this year. They are about to be a wrecking ball in 2024.

1st Round
2nd Round
3rd Round
3rd Round Comp (Raheem Morris)
5th Round
5th Round via PIT(Kevin Dotson trade)
5th Round Comp (Baker Mayfield)
6th Round
6th Round Compensatory (Matt Gay)
6th Round Compensatory (Nick Scott)
6th Round Compensatory (A’Shawn Robinson)
Last edited
3:02 PM · Jan 25, 2024
·
Views
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:35 pm    Post subject:

It looks like we're going to lose QB coach Zac Robinson as well, as Morris will probably bring him along to Atlanta as his OC.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:27 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Looks like the Rams endorsement of Raheem Morris for the head coach at Atlanta was what sealed it.

It is always hard to lose a good employee no matter what the business, but the Rams, like any good organization, did the right thing. This makes me proud to be a Ram's fan.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:33 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

It is always hard to lose a good employee no matter what the business, but the Rams, like any good organization, did the right thing. This makes me proud to be a Ram's fan.

I look at it this way, the Rams organization was able to foster an environment where good people can succeed. I look at somebody like Baker Mayfield who had one foot out of the league was able to resurrect their career because the Rams gave him an opportunity. Same for Raheem, he wasn't able to get a coaching job after being an interim at Atlanta, but being a DC at the Rams gave him an place to shine and get people around the league to notice him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:33 pm    Post subject:

As expected, Morris takes Robinson with him...

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
4m
Sources: The #Falcons are hiring #Rams pass-game coordinator Zac Robinson as their new OC under Raheem Morris.

One of the most popular interviews on the OC circuit, Robinson was Morris’ top choice.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Rams release C Brian Allen today. Leaves behind a little over $3MM in dead cap for '24 but also opens up almost $5MM in cap space.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:56 pm    Post subject:

I was watching a sports program and the the question was which team in the NFC can challenge the 49ers next year. Two of the four said the Rams. One said Lions and the other said Packers. With all this cap space and draft picks this year I am feeling optimistic about next season. Wouldn't be surprised to see a big trade as well.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:17 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I was watching a sports program and the the question was which team in the NFC can challenge the 49ers next year. Two of the four said the Rams. One said Lions and the other said Packers. With all this cap space and draft picks this year I am feeling optimistic about next season. Wouldn't be surprised to see a big trade as well.

I've seen Danielle Hunter being mentioned as a possible fit to upgrade the pass rush.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:50 am    Post subject:

They didn't waste any time starting work on that new practice facility. Hope it improves that area. Citizen app can be wild over there.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Sean McVay was added to the NFL Competition Committee. Says he's honored and humbled. Maybe some of those other coaches will get it through to him that you can't punt in opposing territory while trailing with just over 3 minutes to play.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:13 am    Post subject:

The salary cap spiking to $255.4MM is huge for all teams, and Spotrac has already accounted for this for all NFL teams. The Rams, after cutting Brian Allen, are now estimated to have $52MM in cap space. If they were to cut Noteboom and make him a post-June 1 cut (thus spreading out his dead cap hit over '24 and '25), they can get up to about $64MM in space. I don't know that they will do that, but who knows.

At least $52MM in cap space, picks in the first 3 rounds, and multiple picks in the 5th Round? The Rams have a chance to really improve their team with a good offseason.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231  Next
Page 227 of 231
Jump to: