Official LA RAMS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 227, 228, 229, 230, 231  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Nice.
Quote:
The Rams and WR Demarcus Robinson have agreed to terms on a 1-year deal worth $5M

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:47 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Nice.
Quote:
The Rams and WR Demarcus Robinson have agreed to terms on a 1-year deal worth $5M

I guess they really love his fit as the #3 WR, and as a fill-in starter in 2-WR sets if Kupp or Puka are injured. Decent payday for him.

Down to $47MM in cap space!

I will note that Tutu Atwell is due $1.8MM against the cap but would only leave behind a $414K dead cap charge. As he is pretty clearly the #4 WR on this team now, and is in the final year of his rookie deal, I could see the team trying to flip him for a late draft pick, which would save about $1.4MM. And as deep as WR is this year, you could probably draft a decent WR prospect with that later pick that could make the team. Would someone give up a 5th rounder for a small speed WR that has shown he can make plays when given a chance? Would the Rams prefer to just hold him for insurance? I'd move him if I could get a 5th, personally. Get another draft bite at the apple, especially with our success in that round.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:58 am    Post subject:

Free agency starts in a week.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:13 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Free agency starts in a week.

Would anyone want to trade our 2nd Round pick (#52 overall) to the Chiefs for L'Jarius Sneed, and then giving Sneed a big contract? We need a true #1 CB badly. Would allow us to use #19 overall on a pass rusher (Latu, Verse, or Chop Robinson, perhaps).
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:18 pm    Post subject:

I was watching a Rams blogger who predicts the Rams big signings will be WR Calvin Ridley and DE Danielle Hunter. He also said he thinks the Rams could try to move up in the draft and take OT Joe Alt.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:33 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I was watching a Rams blogger who predicts the Rams big signings will be WR Calvin Ridley and DE Danielle Hunter. He also said he thinks the Rams could try to move up in the draft and take OT Joe Alt.

I don't see Ridley making sense. Hunter, absolutely. Moving up for Alt means getting up into the top 10.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:08 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
32 wrote:

I don't see Ridley making sense. Hunter, absolutely. Moving up for Alt means getting up into the top 10.

Ridley didn't make sense to me either. But then he made the point that Cooper Kupp is injury prone.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:16 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
32 wrote:

Ridley didn't make sense to me either. But then he made the point that Cooper Kupp is injury prone.

Even so, that money isn't going anywhere for now, so it wouldn't make sense to use significant cap space on a receiver who would be the #3 target if both Kupp and Nacua are healthy. They also paid Demarcus Robinson $5MM. They pretty clearly like their WR room, and even Tutu Atwell is still around and can certainly provide some value if needed.

I have just mocked Laiatu Latu to the Rams at #19, and I would change that if Hunter were signed, likely to a CB or OL.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:52 pm    Post subject:

$32MM guaranteed, per Schefter. Dotson was PFF's #2-rated guard in all of the NFL last season and the #1-rated run blocker, earning a grade of 85.2 overall. In his previous year with the Steelers in 2022, his grade was 65.4. Still just 27, perhaps the Rams have unlocked his best football in a way that the Steelers couldn't. Or maybe he just really fits our scheme. Whatever, this is a big keep, although pricey.

Jordan Schultz
@Schultz_Report
·
9m
BREAKING: The #Rams are re-signing star guard Kevin Dotson on a 3-year deal worth 48M, sources tell
@BleacherReport

That’s a big 16 APY for Dotson to solidify LA’s O-Line.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Dotson was great last year. Glad they got something done.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Rams receive a third-round compensation pick for Raheem Morris and three sixth-round and one seventh-round pick for loss of 2023 free agents.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:53 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Rams receive a third-round compensation pick for Raheem Morris and three sixth-round and one seventh-round pick for loss of 2023 free agents.

Yup; #98 overall is a sweet comp pick. Plus several late round dart throws, and we've been good in those spots.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Rams' 2024 NFL Draft picks.

Round 1: No. 19 overall
Round 2: No. 52 overall
Round 3: No. 83 overall
Round 3: No. 98 overall (special compensatory)
Round 5: No. 153 overall
Round 5: No. 154 overall (from Pittsburgh Steelers)
Round 6: No. 195 overall
Round 6: No. 209 overall (compensatory)
Round 6: No. 213 overall (compensatory)
Round 6: No. 217 overall (compensatory)
Round 7: No. 254 overall (compensatory)

gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Should be a lot more expectations for this team this year and looking forward to it!

Bye.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:57 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Rams and guard Jonah Jackson have agreed to a three-year deal, according to a source and as @MikeGarafolo first reported.

Quote:
This would have strong implications of Steve Avila moving to center, where he played at a high level for a time at TCU.

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1767249529487896666?t=XAqS0UwUVDSJIj729VuaKA&s=19

Quote:
The #Rams are signing TE Colby Parkinson to a three-year, $22.5 million deal that includes $15.5M guaranteed, sources tell me and @RapSheet.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1767250011262181818?t=9fSQV_6fXcV9IsBXwsjrIg&s=19
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am    Post subject:

Tight ends always seem to get too much money to me, so this Parkinson move is curious. Also, Jackson didn't have a high PFF grade last season.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:42 pm    Post subject:

The Panthers just traded franchise-tagged Brian Burns to the Giants for a 2nd and a 5th Round pick, and the Giants have signed Burns to a 5 year deal that pays him close to $88MM in guaranteed money. (The Giants have two 2nd Round picks this year.) I'm putting this in this thread because some of you may remember that the Rams offered Carolina a 2023 2nd, a 2024 1st, and a 2025 1st for him before the '22 trade deadline.

OOPS!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:37 am    Post subject:

Darious Williams is back after an outstanding season in J'ville last year and a surprising release by them...

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
4m
Former #Jaguars CB Darious Williams is finalizing a deal to play for the #Rams, sources say, the place where he won a Super Bowl. It’s expected to be a three-year.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Continued whiffs so far as Rams fail to land Danielle Hunter as he agreed to a deal with Houston.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
#Rams best EDGE options left:

Free Agents:
- Chase Young

Likely Trade Options:
- Josh Sweat
- Haason Reddick

Wishful Trade Options:
- Josh Allen

Potential Cut/Trade Options:
- Khalil Mack
- Joey Bosa

Quote:
Potential trade deadline options for the #Rams at EDGE.

- Trey Hendrickson, Bengals
- Malcolm Koonce, Raiders
- Rashad Weaver, Titans

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:58 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
#Rams best EDGE options left:

Free Agents:
- Chase Young

Likely Trade Options:
- Josh Sweat
- Haason Reddick

Wishful Trade Options:
- Josh Allen

Potential Cut/Trade Options:
- Khalil Mack
- Joey Bosa

Quote:
Potential trade deadline options for the #Rams at EDGE.

- Trey Hendrickson, Bengals
- Malcolm Koonce, Raiders
- Rashad Weaver, Titans

Good list, and there's plenty of viable options there. One of Mack or Bosa is probably going to get cut/traded, and because teams know that the Chargers can't carry both of them for cap purposes, they should be able to be had for a relative pittance in terms of draft compensation. Ditto Reddick/Sweat in Philly; the signing of Huff is the writing on the wall that one or both of those guys will be moved. Chase Young is still young enough that he could be put in a good spot if you put him next to Aaron Donald, a la Leonard Floyd here a few years ago. He had 7.5 sacks last season in about 2/3 of the snaps, and his 74.4 PFF grade was actually the worst of his 4-year career so far, yet that's still pretty good, and he may regain some strength yet after being injured a couple of years ago.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Former #Commanders safety Kamren Curl is signing with the #Rams on a two-year deal worth up to $13 million, sources tell me, @MikeGarafolo and @RapSheet. A rising star headed to L.A. and he’s still only 24.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1768485409753883112?t=Tv6KELoJbxU117LClJpJ-Q&s=19
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:01 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Former #Commanders safety Kamren Curl is signing with the #Rams on a two-year deal worth up to $13 million, sources tell me, @MikeGarafolo and @RapSheet. A rising star headed to L.A. and he’s still only 24.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1768485409753883112?t=Tv6KELoJbxU117LClJpJ-Q&s=19

This is a really, really good signing. Cancels out the Parkinson overpay.

I'm surprised the Chargers kept Bosa on the restructure, but perhaps a trade for Reddick or Sweat could be in the works. Or, of course, there's always the #19 overall pick (or a trade up, perhaps).
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:27 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The #Rams freed up about $9.2M in cap room with a restructure of Aaron Donald's contract

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1768616958700753326?t=oN5oHc2rEzuMbTw2PEU_dQ&s=19
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Earlier this week, the #Rams and OT Joe Noteboom agreed to a reworked deal to lessen his 2024 cap hit of $20M, per sources. New deal includes nearly $7M in guarantees and allows him to earn up to $14M. 

Noteboom is now healthy and is eyeing a resurgent season

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1768629133733433633?t=0rn-jt_pIBZqin0uGU6rJw&s=19
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 227, 228, 229, 230, 231  Next
Page 228 of 231
Jump to: