What are your most Controversial opinions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 144850
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
My most controversial opinion is that the space program is a waste of money. It was cool in the 1960's-1980's but why do we spend so much money on it for what exactly? We can't live on the moon or mars or jupiter, so why waste 100's of billions of dollars going into space?


Imagine they are looking for natural resources, like what if they discovered oil on mars (there was once an ocean, perhaps carbon based life forms).

Are you advocating we kill other planets like we're doing Earth?


Now that’s a controversial opinion. We will never kill Earth but eventually Earth will likely kill us.
_________________
RIP mom. 11-21-1933 to 6-14-2023.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 53243
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
My most controversial opinion is that the space program is a waste of money. It was cool in the 1960's-1980's but why do we spend so much money on it for what exactly? We can't live on the moon or mars or jupiter, so why waste 100's of billions of dollars going into space?


Imagine they are looking for natural resources, like what if they discovered oil on mars (there was once an ocean, perhaps carbon based life forms).

Are you advocating we kill other planets like we're doing Earth?


Now that’s a controversial opinion. We will never kill Earth but eventually Earth will likely kill us.


Yep. Earth was here long before us, and it will continue to be long after us. We aren't killing Earth, we are destroying the planet's ability to sustain us as one of its life forms.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 68688
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:48 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
My most controversial opinion is that the space program is a waste of money. It was cool in the 1960's-1980's but why do we spend so much money on it for what exactly? We can't live on the moon or mars or jupiter, so why waste 100's of billions of dollars going into space?


Imagine they are looking for natural resources, like what if they discovered oil on mars (there was once an ocean, perhaps carbon based life forms).

Are you advocating we kill other planets like we're doing Earth?


Now that’s a controversial opinion. We will never kill Earth but eventually Earth will likely kill us.


Yep. Earth was here long before us, and it will continue to be long after us. We aren't killing Earth, we are destroying the planet's ability to sustain us as one of its life forms.

Thank you, VLF for opening my eyes to an in-depth truth. I agree with your assessment. I hadn't thought about it that way.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 19961
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Christmas is a better American holiday than the 4th of July
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 32976
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
My most controversial opinion is that the space program is a waste of money. It was cool in the 1960's-1980's but why do we spend so much money on it for what exactly? We can't live on the moon or mars or jupiter, so why waste 100's of billions of dollars going into space?


Imagine they are looking for natural resources, like what if they discovered oil on mars (there was once an ocean, perhaps carbon based life forms).

Are you advocating we kill other planets like we're doing Earth?


Now that’s a controversial opinion. We will never kill Earth but eventually Earth will likely kill us.


Yep. Earth was here long before us, and it will continue to be long after us. We aren't killing Earth, we are destroying the planet's ability to sustain us as one of its life forms.

Thank you, VLF for opening my eyes to an in-depth truth. I agree with your assessment. I hadn't thought about it that way.


"The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles, hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages … And we think some plastic bags and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet isn’t going anywhere. WE ARE! We’re going away. Pack your sh*t, folks. We’re going away."

--George Carlin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 18032

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:31 am    Post subject:

There never was a beginning.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2012
Posts: 12306
Location: The Two One Three

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:30 am    Post subject:

Nikola Tesla was Jeffrey Epstein-ed. Both were silenced. Much like what "THEY" did to JFK.
_________________
The butter's hard and the eggs are chillin' in the dark.

Kiss my Converse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2012
Posts: 12306
Location: The Two One Three

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:37 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:
It's taken 20 years for someone to advocate for banging kids on this site. That's a win.


No way. PostnPivot must have supported child brides. It's canonical law.


He also believed in unicorns.
_________________
The butter's hard and the eggs are chillin' in the dark.

Kiss my Converse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 68688
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:31 am    Post subject:

@PostnPivot

LINK
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 25815

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:25 pm    Post subject:

IKEA 16 meatball plate is same level as CostCo trinity
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 14409

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Plain cheese pizza is the best default pizza
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 29966
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:38 am    Post subject:

There's a cover up going on in Miami!
Something shady went down at the mall on New Year's day.
Feels like an X-File.

LINK
_________________
"Every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes you better”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 40060

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:18 am    Post subject:

Didn't realize how entertaining this thread is. Must visit more often.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 8023
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:32 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
IKEA 16 meatball plate is same level as CostCo trinity


Only if you add a lingonberry spritzer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 8023
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:34 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Plain cheese pizza is the best default pizza


If you don't know the quality of the toppings, then no toppings is definitely the safe choice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 68688
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:58 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
There's a cover up going on in Miami!
Something shady went down at the mall on New Year's day.
Feels like an X-File.

LINK

There are aliens among us LINK
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 25815

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:09 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
governator wrote:
IKEA 16 meatball plate is same level as CostCo trinity


Only if you add a lingonberry spritzer.


The smoke salmon salad is banging too
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 68688
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:32 am    Post subject:

Why are people allowed to own animals and chain them outside?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Oct 2001
Posts: 6372
Location: The Titanic that is the USA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:55 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
governator wrote:
IKEA 16 meatball plate is same level as CostCo trinity


Only if you add a lingonberry spritzer.


I went today and I couldn't find it. I found an apple lingonberry drink but I don't think it's the same thing.
_________________
You are under no obligation to remain the same person you were a year ago, a month ago, or even a day ago. You are here to create yourself, continuously. - Richard Feynman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 8023
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
governator wrote:
IKEA 16 meatball plate is same level as CostCo trinity


Only if you add a lingonberry spritzer.


I went today and I couldn't find it. I found an apple lingonberry drink but I don't think it's the same thing.


In the Cafe, there should be lingonberry juice and lemon lime soda in the fountain drinks. Or, there's lingonberry concentrate in a glass bottle for sale.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 19961
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:13 pm    Post subject:

I would rather suffer 1 hour of excruciating leg cramps for an hour than to be dizzy or nauseated for a quarter of that time.
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 47793

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:20 am    Post subject:

Taylor Swift's music sucks.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 19961
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Taylor Swift's music sucks.


and how
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 6302
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:24 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
I would rather suffer 1 hour of excruciating leg cramps for an hour than to be dizzy or nauseated for a quarter of that time.


I hear that, I've struggled at times with a dizziness issue, had surgery for it, but still once a year or so, I get bad dizziness for hours at a time.
_________________
LAKERS 2019-2020: NBA World Champions!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 19961
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:46 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
C M B wrote:
I would rather suffer 1 hour of excruciating leg cramps for an hour than to be dizzy or nauseated for a quarter of that time.


I hear that, I've struggled at times with a dizziness issue, had surgery for it, but still once a year or so, I get bad dizziness for hours at a time.


That sucks. Sorry to hear it. What surgery?
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 78 of 80
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB