Cryptocurrency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Or just get out of the obvious ponzi scheme before one loses any more money.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:30 pm    Post subject:

All I know is all the people who I know were big on crypto suddenly stopped talking about it...I'm guessing they ended up with some pretty big losses and want to forget about it.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
All I know is all the people who I know were big on crypto suddenly stopped talking about it...I'm guessing they ended up with some pretty big losses and want to forget about it.

I lost tens of thousands in the crash that ended the ride, but most people who were in at the right time and for the right duration made their retirement and then some...

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:16 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I lost tens of thousands in the crash that ended the ride, but most people who were in at the right time and for the right duration made their retirement and then some...

The NFT space isn't great either. Though there is still a market, I know people who spent thinking the market was only in its infancy when in fact it's way more narrow than it was.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:31 pm    Post subject:

https://fortune.com/crypto/2023/03/23/terra-founder-do-kwon-reportedly-arrested-in-montenegro/

Guess he'll be spending some time in prison for securities fraud.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:37 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Just like any other Ponzi scheme. But I’d wager that the Venn diagram of those that say they made significant money in crypto versus those that actually did is tiny sliver.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Macferson
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:51 am    Post subject:

buduan wrote:
I lost ALOT of money staking through Gemini and Celsius. I would advise anyone reading this, DO NOT stake your crypto. Don't even keep them on the exchanges. Once you purchase it, immediately move it to a cold storage wallet or to https://ownrwallet.com/.

True! If you don't own the private keys then you actually don't own the crypto. As for staking, there are cryptos like ADA which have zero unlock period so it is reasonable to stake something like that. But not, say, Polkadot or Atom with a month of unlock period.

Last edited by Macferson on Tue May 02, 2023 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:10 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Just like any other Ponzi scheme. But I’d wager that the Venn diagram of those that say they made significant money in crypto versus those that actually did is tiny sliver.

Cashing out comes from someone's pocket. Outside of farming, it doesn't generate money, it redistributes it.

Farming converts electricity and component hardware into a virtual commodity someone pays out of pocket to obtain.
Ogrounder
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:09 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Seeking a safe voyage into the crypto world? Explore a fortress of financial security with Swaps App! This user-friendly gem is perfect for newbies, offering instant purchases and the ultimate crypto rates at your fingertips. Worried about safety? Fear not, as Swaps ensures each transaction's armor with 3-DS V2 verification, fortified by Visa and Mastercard ID check. With an anti-fraud forcefield and seamless integrations with 13 available and 18 on-demand blockchains, Swaps App isn't just a tool—it's your crypto guardian. Dive in:

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Last edited by Ogrounder on Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:22 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

You're spot on. Still, I and a few other dudes in this thread got very lucky with ETH in 2020-2021.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: