Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 422, 423, 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject:

If he was a cancer or vampire in the locker room, happy he's gone.
A lot of guys are gone. I am hoping the new guys bump up the spirit of the locker room.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:14 pm    Post subject:

I'm gonna look like an idiot, or perhaps more of an idiot, if MJST was right about why AD seemingly protested LeBron's big moment. Maybe it did have something to do with the Kyrie nonsense.

Quote:
Yet James sent that conspicuously-timed tweet on Friday, sharing the eyes-wide-open emoji and a champion’s crown not long after Irving asked for a trade out of Brooklyn. The following day, when James was asked if Irving would help the Lakers, he made his view more transparently known by deeming it a ‘duh’ question. After Irving was traded to Dallas on Sunday, he told ESPN’s Michael Wilbon that he was “disappointed” the Lakers didn’t land his former running mate. Within the Lakers’ walls, there was some sympathy for the position Westbrook was put in as a result of James’ messaging, and confusion as to why James chose to use his voice in that way.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:21 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
I'm gonna look like an idiot, or perhaps more of an idiot, if MJST was right about why AD seemingly protested LeBron's big moment. Maybe it did have something to do with the Kyrie nonsense.

Quote:
Yet James sent that conspicuously-timed tweet on Friday, sharing the eyes-wide-open emoji and a champion’s crown not long after Irving asked for a trade out of Brooklyn. The following day, when James was asked if Irving would help the Lakers, he made his view more transparently known by deeming it a ‘duh’ question. After Irving was traded to Dallas on Sunday, he told ESPN’s Michael Wilbon that he was “disappointed” the Lakers didn’t land his former running mate. Within the Lakers’ walls, there was some sympathy for the position Westbrook was put in as a result of James’ messaging, and confusion as to why James chose to use his voice in that way.

Highly doubt it. Sounds like it had more to do with the lashing out in the locker room.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:29 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

Quote:

Doubt its the Kyrie thing. AD/Kyrie looked happy hugging it out last Nets game.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:34 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
Russell Westbrook is the worst basketball player in Lakers history, relative to contract, status, and playing time. His impact worsens even moreso when you consider the players and draft picks that the Lakers gave up to acquire him.

The Lakers were also 58-79 during his tenure. No playoff appearance. An on-court disaster. Truly the absolute worst tenure of any Lakers star/superstar.

+ Infinity

ZERO f'ing humility out of this guy.

I don't want to hear one word out of his apologists.

His play is trash and his attitude is somehow worse.

It's incredible that anyone supports Russ as a basketball player. I get that he's a nice person off the court. Fine. But he was a horrible basketball player and a toxic presence in the locker room. He ruined 1.5 seasons of LeBron and AD. A combo that won a title in their first year together and dominated the NBA in their second season until injuries struck.

I'm so excited to move on from this era.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:36 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Quote:

I don’t think PenG is saying Ad was upset about getting kyrie.
He’s saying AD was upset with how Lebron was openly asking for Kyrie causing dysfunction in the locker room with Russ.

I don’t think that was the case but I think that’s what PenG was talking about
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:44 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
Russell Westbrook is the worst basketball player in Lakers history, relative to contract, status, and playing time. His impact worsens even moreso when you consider the players and draft picks that the Lakers gave up to acquire him.

The Lakers were also 58-79 during his tenure. No playoff appearance. An on-court disaster. Truly the absolute worst tenure of any Lakers star/superstar.

+ Infinity

It's incredible that anyone supports Russ as a basketball player. I get that he's a nice person off the court. Fine. But he was a horrible basketball player and a toxic presence in the locker room. He ruined 1.5 seasons of LeBron and AD. A combo that won a title in their first year together and dominated the NBA in their second season until injuries struck.

Russ is a former MVP. That alone guarantees a minimum amount of support overall.

For his laker career, otoh, should not garner any praises from the fanbase. The only thing reliable with westbrook was not missing time, which is both a blessing and a curse with his play.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Quote:

He’s saying AD was upset with how Lebron was openly asking for Kyrie causing dysfunction in the locker room with Russ.

Correct. I thought it was ridiculous when first suggested in the AD thread, but who knows now. Could be the Russ altercation during HT, could be a combination of both. It was just really strange considering AD and LeBron have been so tight as teammates.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:55 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Quote:

Correct. I thought it was ridiculous when first suggested in the AD thread, but who knows now. Could be the Russ altercation during HT, could be a combination of both. It was just really strange considering AD and LeBron have been so tight as teammates.

Could be the realization that he and Brown made a serious mistake of hubris.

Could be the utter disgust with Russ pulling that on Bron's night while they were getting rained on.

Could be utter exhaustion with trying to be a buffer between Bron and Russ because he lobbied harder for it than Brown did.

People like Russ wear on everyone they are around. Lack of self awareness in a grinding personality makes everyone walk on eggshells.

Kobe would do its but that was because Kobe could do it and still dominate.

Watch Beast and you'll get why people can't stand this personality type.

#BannersOverBillboards
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Russ is honestly extremely talented when it comes to different aspects of basketball but when it comes to winning basketball the guy just doesn't help a team. we should of known this after the rockets lakers series in 2020, WB literally won that series for us. he was so (bleep) bad. i can't say im excited to have dlo back because i'm scared lakers will offer him a 3yr 90 some mil deal and only hold us back while lebron wants out. Im still crossing my finger irving ends up on the lakers next season and getting dlo and saving that 1st i think might be to get irving. everything is lining up for us to still have alot of cap next season but then again does that kill our depth and is it smarter to build depth around 2 stars than it is to have 3 stars and avg role guys ?

anyways best of luck to WB and i hope he goes to the clippers just so its easier for us to beat them.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Haynes saying Westbrook will either sign with CLippers or Heat if bought out.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:02 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

+ Infinity

Russ is a former MVP. That alone guarantees a minimum amount of support overall.

For his laker career, otoh, should not garner any praises from the fanbase. The only thing reliable with westbrook was not missing time, which is both a blessing and a curse with his play.

I don't subscribe to that theory. Russ had a pretty solid season with Washington when we traded for him.

At the end of the day, a lot of the heat Russ took should have also been taken on by LBJ & AD & Pelinka.

For starters - AD & LBJ advocated FOR trading for russ. When he was struggling as a starter last year, they should have publicly came out in his defense. Instead, they both kinda took the route of it's high expectations here.

Pelinka made the decision to acquire Russ at the $47 million dollar salary point. That's on Rob & Jeanie solely. He thought they were better than Kuz & KCP and the first rounder we jettisoned.

Last year's team was a dumpster fire roster. 9/15 of the guys aren't even in the league so I'm not going to say last year was a sh*t show solely because of Russ/Vogel. Last year was 100% on Pelinka. He even had the audacity/arrogance/stupidity to say that this was the greatest roster possibly ever assembled. (that video does exist)

This year's team - he couldn't fix all his shortcomings of last year was devoid of shooters and completely undersized with defenders unable to cover for Russ's shortcomings. Russ did no favors himself by constantly fighting with the media and at this point most fans had turned on him.

However - for Lebron - to tweet eye emojis. Handy as well. It effectively torpedoed the locker room. He's passive aggressively communicating that he wants Russ gone and of course AD & other teammates are coming to Russ's side. With LBJ - you either help him achieve his goals or you're useless to him.

Not only was it passive aggressive & unprofessional but it was stupid for Handy to follow suit. Not only that - by sending that tweet - you could effectively argue that it did hurt our chances of even landing Kyrie. So in one move you tank the locker room, and you create pettiness between the Nets owners towards trading Kyrie to the Lakers.

Russ wasn't a $47million dollar player. However just like Vogel he was a scapegoat for a lot of the other bs that I saw exhibited by Jeanie, Pelinka, & LBJ. Russ had plenty of his own warts but one thing for sure LBJ definitely contributed to a toxic environment just as much as Russ did. It's never LBJ's fault - it's always Vogel, Pelinka, supporting cast, Russ etc.

I feel bad for Russ in more than one way and I'm sad it didn't work out. He also had his own faults in his play - no doubt. Overall - the failed partnership said more about how poorly the Lakers are run than anything else to me.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:07 pm    Post subject:

lock this thread and just delete it
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:09 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

+ Infinity

I don't subscribe to that theory. Russ had a pretty solid season with Washington when we traded for him.

At the end of the day, a lot of the heat Russ took should have also been taken on by LBJ & AD & Pelinka.

For starters - AD & LBJ advocated FOR trading for russ. When he was struggling as a starter last year, they should have publicly came out in his defense. Instead, they both kinda took the route of it's high expectations here.

Pelinka made the decision to acquire Russ at the $47 million dollar salary point. That's on Rob & Jeanie solely. He thought they were better than Kuz & KCP and the first rounder we jettisoned.

Last year's team was a dumpster fire roster. 9/15 of the guys aren't even in the league so I'm not going to say last year was a sh*t show solely because of Russ/Vogel. Last year was 100% on Pelinka. He even had the audacity/arrogance/stupidity to say that this was the greatest roster possibly ever assembled. (that video does exist)

This year's team - he couldn't fix all his shortcomings of last year was devoid of shooters and completely undersized with defenders unable to cover for Russ's shortcomings. Russ did no favors himself by constantly fighting with the media and at this point most fans had turned on him.

However - for Lebron - to tweet eye emojis. Handy as well. It effectively torpedoed the locker room. He's passive aggressively communicating that he wants Russ gone and of course AD & other teammates are coming to Russ's side. With LBJ - you either help him achieve his goals or you're useless to him.

Not only was it passive aggressive & unprofessional but it was stupid for Handy to follow suit. Not only that - by sending that tweet - you could effectively argue that it did hurt our chances of even landing Kyrie. So in one move you tank the locker room, and you create pettiness between the Nets owners towards trading Kyrie to the Lakers.

Russ wasn't a $47million dollar player. However just like Vogel he was a scapegoat for a lot of the other bs that I saw exhibited by Jeanie, Pelinka, & LBJ. Russ had plenty of his own warts but one thing for sure LBJ definitely contributed to a toxic environment just as much as Russ did. It's never LBJ's fault - it's always Vogel, Pelinka, supporting cast, Russ etc.

I feel bad for Russ in more than one way and I'm sad it didn't work out. He also had his own faults in his play - no doubt. Overall - the failed partnership said more about how poorly the Lakers are run than anything else to me.

You can feel bad for him and his hundreds of millions...I won't.

Bron didn't make him lead the league in TO.

AD didn't make him airball from distance or dent the rim on layups.

Rob did say that as the HIGHEST paid player in the NBA he didn't have to play defense.

And his attitude...whoof...who's that on?

The guy stunk...but sure...it's not his fault...poor victim athlete, stealing money and robbing lifetime fans of any joy.

Spare me the violin story on this turd.

#BannersOverBillboards
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:10 pm    Post subject:

I've said this before I feel sick Russ didn't work out. LA kid, UCLA. I was probably one of the last fans in denial. Just glad it's finally over.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:26 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/ovolakeshow/status/1623799449477877760?s=46&t=e5e-zWtuwNiT_0osd5hHtA

Yikes.

He may be following those before him all the way to China.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/ovolakeshow/status/1623799449477877760?s=46&t=e5e-zWtuwNiT_0osd5hHtA

Yikes.

He may be following those before him all the way to China.

Russell "LA" Westbrook

LA? Yep: Lack of Awareness
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:53 pm    Post subject:

P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Clips just traded John Wall, so maybe they are making room for RW
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Clips just traded John Wall, so maybe they are making room for RW
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Valdarno
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

ahaider wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

+ Infinity

wow, perfectly said. I agree 100%.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Valdarno wrote:
ahaider wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

+ Infinity

wow, perfectly said. I agree 100%.

Reason he should have been gone last trade deadline. Everyone knew it was a just matter of time before everyone involved gets fed up of each other. They knew it was not going to workout. Reason they tried trading him the same year we traded for him.

Let's get real... What happen in the last week was not the sole purpose Russ was traded. They been trying to trade him for a while. Everything just boiled over in the last week because everyone knew that marriage was over.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:21 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

+ Infinity

I don't feel bad for him as KG said "he's free." I do hope he lands somewhere where the team is competitive.

Now that he's gone it will be interesting to see who becomes the scapegoat. I say DLO but maybe there is a wildcard.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook

TO per game

'22-23 - 3.5per game rank 6th (min per game 28.7, rank 105)
'21-22 - 3.8per game rank 6th (min per game 34.3, rank 38)

FG%

'22-23 - 41.7% rank 121
'21-22 - 44.4% rank 71

3 pt%

'22-23 - 29.6% rank 148
'21-22 - 29.8% rank lower than 150

FT %

'22-23 - 65.5%
'21-22 - 66.7%

Salary

'22-23 - $47M
'21-22 - $44M

And then you get his attitude, can't nobody tell me nothing...

Come on...this turd is no victim...he's no one to feel sorry for...he's done, he's been done since Houston...LeBron and AD had no business lobbying for this turd...Rob had no business listening to them...it's never his fault...he's a top 20 PG of all-time, as if that's saying something.

I liked Ced Ceballos better.

Nick the Quick better.

Both quit on the team.

Russ didn't quit...great put that on a T shirt.

"Russ didn't quit, he just sucked."

#BannersOverBillboards
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:25 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Westbrook

TO per game

'22-23 - 3.5per game rank 6th (min per game 28.7, rank 105)
'21-22 - 3.8per game rank 6th (min per game 34.3, rank 38)

FG%

'22-23 - 41.7% rank 121
'21-22 - 44.4% rank 71

3 pt%

'22-23 - 29.6% rank 148
'21-22 - 29.8% rank lower than 150

FT %

'22-23 - 65.5%
'21-22 - 66.7%

Salary

'22-23 - $47M
'21-22 - $44M

And then you get his attitude, can't nobody tell me nothing...

Come on...this turd is no victim...he's no one to feel sorry for...he's done, he's been done since Houston...LeBron and AD had no business lobbying for this turd...Rob had no business listening to them...it's never his fault...he's a top 20 PG of all-time, as if that's saying something.

I liked Ced Ceballos better.

Nick the Quick better.

Both quit on the team.

Russ didn't quit...great put that on a T shirt.

"Russ didn't quit, he just sucked."

100%

To each there own but I find it insane anyone could "feel sorry" for him after watching him for 2 years.. There's a reason he's been on 5 teams in 6 years...

He's a great regular Season stat guy on a mediocre team nothing more nothing less.. It's his own fault he never did anything outside of getting some neat regular Season accolades.. While still in his prime, our gameplan against him in the Playoffs was to literally leave him as wide open as possible so he took shots instead of anyone else on his team

He will go down far and away as my most disliked Laker ever by a mile.

I REALLY hope he goes to the Clippers and single handedly helps them lose a game or two in the Playoffs with his classic low bbiq plays at horrible times.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 422, 423, 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 423 of 426
Jump to: