AUSTIN REAVES (four-year, $56 million Early Bird maximum contract)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 177, 178, 179  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:18 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Uh-oh…

Quote:
Austin Reaves says he’d like to stay with the Lakers but the NBA is a business

“Anybody that says we don’t play the game for money is lying… I want to make as much money as I can and be as successful as I can no matter where it’s at.”

(Via @pointforward)

#ThatBoyIsPoison
(Seriously tho, worth a listen in its entirety…dude’s obviously a keeper, but will we tho when that price gets steeper)

Funny he had a stinker game tonight after making this comment... I love Reaves but this is the type of comment you keep to yourself.

Eh. Pretty “no duh” comments. He wants to make the most money he can? Who would have thought?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

socalsp3 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Uh-oh…

Quote:

“Anybody that says we don’t play the game for money is lying… I want to make as much money as I can and be as successful as I can no matter where it’s at.”

(Via @pointforward)

#ThatBoyIsPoison
(Seriously tho, worth a listen in its entirety…dude’s obviously a keeper, but will we tho when that price gets steeper)

Funny he had a stinker game tonight after making this comment... I love Reaves but this is the type of comment you keep to yourself.

Meh he clawed his way up. He's not in a position to give hometown discounts. Although it's up to the Lakers to match. He doesn't really have a say.

Thats why you keep those to yourself. Just keep playing hard. Let your play dictate your market.

I do believe his last couple games are not sustainable. Specially for a guard like him. He will not be getting every calls every night. Just like tonight.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

The difference is Austin Reaves will probably have a very nice shooting game the next game you very seldom ever see him not shoot well two games in a row
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:19 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
... I love Reaves but this is the type of comment you keep to yourself.

It doesn't bother me. The guy is just being honest in a no-duh way. I prefer this over athletes BSing and giving the standard cliches, like "That's a topic for after the season."
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:21 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

It doesn't bother me. The guy is just being honest in a no-duh way. I prefer this over athletes BSing and giving the standard cliches, like "That's a topic for after the season."

lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:29 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

or "i love it here. i want to stay" and all the fanboys eat it up
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:33 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Uh-oh…

Quote:

(Via @pointforward)

#ThatBoyIsPoison

Meh he clawed his way up. He's not in a position to give hometown discounts. Although it's up to the Lakers to match. He doesn't really have a say.

Thats why you keep those to yourself. Just keep playing hard. Let your play dictate your market.

I do believe his last couple games are not sustainable. Specially for a guard like him. He will not be getting every calls every night. Just like tonight.

Not really. He isn't playing to feed your family. He is for his and himself. Lol
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Finally a human game from him. Luckily he wasn’t a liability in a bad game.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Uh-oh…

Quote:

(Via @pointforward)

#ThatBoyIsPoison

Not really. He isn't playing to feed your family. He is for his and himself. Lol

Didn't know that... There goes my next happy meal.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:39 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Uh-oh…

Quote:

(Via @pointforward)

#ThatBoyIsPoison

Didn't know that... There goes my next happy meal.

WILL SOMEBODY GET THIS KID A HAPPY MEAL?!
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Finally a human game from him. Luckily he wasn’t a liability in a bad game.

They did a good job throwing athletic and long guys at him. Not having DLO probably didn't help either
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:54 pm    Post subject:

AR had a few rough moments on both ends of the floor but still managed to play a decent game.

Stats:
11 points (3-12 FG (1-5 from three, 4-4 FT), 6 Rebs, 9 assists
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Decent game and the Lakers can match if a team wants to offer him more than the 12.5M offer we can send his way. So the Lakers only lose him if they decide to not pay him.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:15 pm    Post subject:

luke kennard > reaves. 30 pts, 10 3's
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:29 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
AR had a few rough moments on both ends of the floor but still managed to play a decent game.

Stats:

That wasn’t a decent game. He was outright bad in the second half making decisions. He made it possible for ok’d to comeback because he couldn’t make lost entry passes. Stu pointed it out, he kept missing giving it to ad in the post so ad came out to him to get it. In the 4th quarter Ham and the team went straight ball in Denis hands to make the decision because he was bad at managing the game when it got tight. AD had to come to the ball because AR could not get him the ball versus the thunder in the second half, and that can’t happen in the playoffs
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:48 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
luke kennard > reaves. 30 pts, 10 3's

Most nights AR is going to give a team more than Luke Kennard will. AR had a bad game and Kennard had his best game of the season. It happens.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:15 am    Post subject:

Reaves had a bad offensive night, against the Thunder. Even established superstars are going to have bad games. It happens to everyone. Dort is a career 33% 3pt shooter. Against the Lakers, he shot 5 of 8, from three (62%). there are going to be up/down games for all. But, when your shot is off, it's about still making a positive impact on the game. Reaves did that. He still plays good defense, as well as getting others involved with his playmaking.

I'm actually glad he had this down game. It allows him to see how teams are adjusting to him, then taking that info, and going back into the lab to improve on his game.

Last edited by sonic the laker on Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:23 am    Post subject:

Reaves still played good defense, and got 9 assists with only 3 TOs and I don't expect him to go 3-12 again.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:54 am    Post subject:

Clarkson got 50M/4 yrs from Lakers in 2016 which was a good value deal for both sides. I think AR's floor is 60M/4 yrs and could go as high as 80 M/4 yrs. AR is a better playmaker than Clarkson imo. I think some team offering poison pill max is unlikely.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:52 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Stats:

That wasn’t a decent game. He was outright bad in the second half making decisions. He made it possible for ok’d to comeback because he couldn’t make lost entry passes. Stu pointed it out, he kept missing giving it to ad in the post so ad came out to him to get it. In the 4th quarter Ham and the team went straight ball in Denis hands to make the decision because he was bad at managing the game when it got tight. AD had to come to the ball because AR could not get him the ball versus the thunder in the second half, and that can’t happen in the playoffs

OKC put one of their better defenders on him and the length/athleticism clearly bothered him. When Lebron and DLO back, he'll have a more favorable matchup. If he continues to start, he'll probably draw the fourth worst defender in the opposing teams lineup.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:56 am    Post subject:

He's a damn Hillbilly why anyone complain about comments
He probably has milk with his dinner ok

Been a lot of pressure on our boy lately.. Starting The Los Angeles Lakers
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
The difference is Austin Reaves will probably have a very nice shooting game the next game you very seldom ever see him not shoot well two games in a row

Fingers crossed; this is the proving time for Austin. He’s made a name for himself and players and teams know he’s a guy they need to pay attention to. They’ll be studying up on his tendencies and preferred moves. The real future star can produce despite the adjustments. Great sign that he was able to find ways to produce last night with some playmaking and boards even with the Thunder sitting on some of his preferred shots and the refs not giving him a friendly a whistle.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow23_ wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Stats:

OKC put one of their better defenders on him and the length/athleticism clearly bothered him. When Lebron and DLO back, he'll have a more favorable matchup. If he continues to start, he'll probably draw the fourth worst defender in the opposing teams lineup.

And Denis cooked that defender the whole 4th either by scoring or making the play. Dort doesn’t change your ability to throw in a post entry pass. It was maddening watch AD get position and then give it up to come bail him out with the ball all second half. It was maddening for Stu too which is why he complained all broadcast about them not delivering the ball. That can’t happen in the playoffs at all.

When people harp on Giannis or Embid, the fact is Harden is making that pass every time and Jrue and Middleton are as well without them having to come to the ball.

AD has a 50 point outing and lakers win by 10 if he managed the game better and didn’t screw up that whole third quarter, including the ending sequence where he blew the clock and the cushion for the lead. Denis just went super and saved him in the 4th but by no means was this a good game or he should be applauded for the 9 assists because he was a very bad playmaker that second half compared to the first when he has 6 of the 9 because of three point shooting
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Austin wasn't mentally in that game from start to finish-like the social lights hitting him too bright..
Did he say anything in the press conference
takes a lot of focus to face all the media of great games back to back contract talks starting role etc
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:13 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Or something like, "It's not about the money. It's about respect. It's about feeling wanted and appreciated."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 177, 178, 179  Next
Page 75 of 179
Jump to: