DARVIN HAM has been dismissed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 277, 278, 279 ... 322, 323, 324  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:33 pm    Post subject:

God awful coach. Not due to anything he did tonight (but I would have liked to have see Max in to see if he could provide the energy we were missing). He’s trash because he shot us in the legs in the first half of the season with his inexplicable favoritism to a truly awful player in Cam, and put us in a position where scheduled losses like this are devastating us right now instead of just being an unfortunate blip in the schedule.
Valdarno
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:08 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
God awful coach. Not due to anything he did tonight (but I would have liked to have see Max in to see if he could provide the energy we were missing). He’s trash because he shot us in the legs in the first half of the season with his inexplicable favoritism to a truly awful player in Cam, and put us in a position where scheduled losses like this are devastating us right now instead of just being an unfortunate blip in the schedule.

well said!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Valdarno wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

well said!

The blatant favoritism to absolute scrubs and in particular a player he had previous history with (Prince) is something I can NOT recall having witnessed in any sport in all my years.

How you gift wrap a career bench player into having top 3 minutes on a team trying to contend for a tile FOR HALF THE GD SEASON is unconscionable. The level of hubris...the sheer gall pisses me off to no end.

A coach's agenda should be to absolutely, unequivocally win games. Mf'er was sabotaging us for his "own guys". The firing that should have happened so fast, heads would spin.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:19 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

Very well said.

He deserves credit for the run we're currently on after finally doing the right thing.

But deserves criticism for the first half of the season. Because if we were the 4th seed right now (which we would have been), these losses wouldn't feel as important.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:02 am    Post subject:

If our opponents turn every game into a track meet meaning they would push the ball after every miss, then it would force AD and Bron to play less minutes lessening their impact on the game. This is a huge problem for relying on just one or two players too much. Ham should have been utilizing and maximizing our entire roster.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 am    Post subject:

More criticism of the pick and roll scheme of the Lakers.

I don't understand it..it gives open shots and 3s

I didn't know LBJ/JJ Riddick had a podcast but he mentions it a lot in the video

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Only took a few minutes of Gabe being back before unveiling the Gabe/DLo/Dinwiddie/Taurean lineup he’s been dreaming of.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:23 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Only took a few minutes of Gabe being back before unveiling the Gabe/DLo/Dinwiddie/Taurean lineup he’s been dreaming of.

I’m going to try to give him credits say he was trying to take advantage of a big lead to see if a lineup that looked like only an idiotic fool would try out was as bad in practice as it was obviously and blindly bad on paper.
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:03 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
ocho wrote:

I’m going to try to give him credits say he was trying to take advantage of a big lead to see if a lineup that looked like only an idiotic fool would try out was as bad in practice as it was obviously and blindly bad on paper.

In practicality, that's a 4 guard line up.
Or, at most, it's even smaller version of 3.5 guard line up with Dlo, AR, SD+Prince. This is beyond disgusting.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:09 am    Post subject:

Hayes not being available is something that enabled Ham to do that.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:13 am    Post subject:

God this coach is absolutely terrible….
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
record when taurean prince played fewer than 25 minutes: 23-6 (that's winning at over a .79 rate). record when tp played 25 minutes or more: 19-27 (.413)

sure, injuries have played a role this season, but lineups & minutes allocation matter

mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Trash (bleep) coach. Even with the team doing well I’m pissed at him. Lakers playing like one of the best teams in the league right now and still at high risk of not even making the playoffs because he’s a stubborn idiot.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:
record when taurean prince played fewer than 25 minutes: 23-6 (that's winning at over a .79 rate). record when tp played 25 minutes or more: 19-27 (.413)

sure, injuries have played a role this season, but lineups & minutes allocation matter

We could be a top 4 seed if ham went with the current lineup at the beginning of the season, might be better since the group gets more chemistry. This is a strong offensive group and they are getting good chemistry now (judging by the assist numbers and shot quality)
Even if vando comes back, I’d keep playing RUI his regular minutes. He can score inside and outside, cuts well, rebounds well, can cover center/PFs on switches
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:15 pm    Post subject:

His rotations is still kind of iffy... But I'll give credit that I been seeing some nice set plays the last 10 games or so.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Starting group ORTG: 119.7
Starting group DRTG: 114.3

So +5.4 overall against other starters. Not bad. Not elite but not bad. The crazy part is this group is only shooting 36% from 3:
35.7% DLO, 31.2% LeBron, 39.6% Reaves, 9% AD (lol), 42.9% Rui

I'd expect them to be closer to 38-39% -- DLO & LeBron are underperforming their averages. Which to say that ORTG might be closer to 122 or so with better shooting luck. (Opposing teams are shooting 36.8% against that lineup.)
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:42 am    Post subject:

Some other interesting facts:

LFR pod loves the Rui/LeBron/Hayes frontcourt.

I can see why. In 151 min, they have a net rating of +24.4 (132 ORTG, 107.7 DRTG), probably as they're beating up bench lineups that have no hope.

When I look at the guard combinations, I don't see a big difference in lineups.

As the 4th guy...
DLO: 139 ORTG, 108 DRTG (72 min)
Reaves: 121 ORTG, 106 DRTG (103 min)
Reddish: 125 ORTG, 106 DRTG (35 min)
Prince: 160 ORTG, 102 DRTG (28 min)
Dinwiddie: 121 ORTG, 111 DRTG (23 min)

The Prince numbers look stupid, but the 3 point shooting is 60%. If it were instead 40%, ORTG is 140. The Russell groups also have 53% 3FG%, and if it were 40, ORTG would be 125.

tl;dr is these lineups are very good without AD and it doesn't seem to necessarily require one guard over another.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers Legacy
@LakersLegacyPod
Lakers Over The Last 15 Games:

• #1 in Scoring: 120.8

• #1 in TS%: 61.9%

• #1 in FTM: 20.3

• #1 in 3pt%: 40.3%

• #1 in Pace

• #1 in Overall Possessions

That’s an Elite Offensive Team. With Defensive Reinforcements slowly returning.
https://twitter.com/LakersLegacyPod/status/1775196531454595215

The offense, now with the proper lineups in place, has been the best offense in the league. Our defense is where we've struggled. If the Lakers had a really solid defensive assistant that preached the principles against PnR penetration and staying home on defense and not overhelping, it'd be a tremendous help for us.

We can't undo the first third of the season with Ham punting it because of stupid lineups and nonsense experiments. But he does deserve credit for finally doing the right thing and then sticking with it. We've had Coaches that haven't done even that (see Luke Walton and Byron Scott). If this was last season the Lakers would be a Top 4 team in the West and we'd be singing Ham's praises to an extent for the much better season. But it's because the Top 6 teams are all in range of 50+ wins for the season that we're still at 9th. Just one of those years.

There's still tons we need to fine tune defensively, but we've been far more deliberate and a lot less accidental with our offense as of late and that's good.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:00 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Some other interesting facts:

LFR pod loves the Rui/LeBron/Hayes frontcourt.

I can see why. In 151 min, they have a net rating of +24.4 (132 ORTG, 107.7 DRTG), probably as they're beating up bench lineups that have no hope.

When I look at the guard combinations, I don't see a big difference in lineups.

As the 4th guy...
DLO: 139 ORTG, 108 DRTG (72 min)
Reaves: 121 ORTG, 106 DRTG (103 min)
Reddish: 125 ORTG, 106 DRTG (35 min)
Prince: 160 ORTG, 102 DRTG (28 min)
Dinwiddie: 121 ORTG, 111 DRTG (23 min)

The Prince numbers look stupid, but the 3 point shooting is 60%. If it were instead 40%, ORTG is 140. The Russell groups also have 53% 3FG%, and if it were 40, ORTG would be 125.

tl;dr is these lineups are very good without AD and it doesn't seem to necessarily require one guard over another.

why not try Jax/AD/Lebron?
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:

One... the numbers dont lie PERIOD.

But Two... how da flucq this vet min dude get FORTY SIX games with more than 25 min???????!!!!!!!

Makes me wanna scream HAMMMMMMMM like Capt Kirk.

#BannersOverBillboards
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:10 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:

But Two... how da flucq this vet min dude get FORTY SIX games with more than 25 min???????!!!!!!!

Prince is his dog from his alanta days just like Dennis Schroeder was last year
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:

Prince is his dog from his alanta days just like Dennis Schroeder was last year

HAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM

#BannersOverBillboards
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakers have won 8/9 games. Still the ninth seed. We are seeing that we are good enough to make some real noise on the playoffs, and we are at very real threat of not even making it because of this idiot. Didn’t do the obvious and did the moronic for half a season.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Awful game manager. Constantly letting teams get hot instead of calling a TO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Darvin Ham clearly frustrated with the way the game ended - said he planned on sitting down with a couple of their young players on Friday.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 277, 278, 279 ... 322, 323, 324  Next
Page 278 of 324
Jump to: