DARVIN HAM has been dismissed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 278, 279, 280 ... 322, 323, 324  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Darvin Ham clearly frustrated with the way the game ended - said he planned on sitting down with a couple of their young players on Friday.

Don’t really blame him at the end… Those guys suppose to take care of the lead. But this will just make Ham keep our starters in now for extended minutes.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:18 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

One... the numbers dont lie PERIOD.

But Two... how da flucq this vet min dude get FORTY SIX games with more than 25 min???????!!!!!!!

Makes me wanna scream HAMMMMMMMM like Capt Kirk.

Prince is his dog from his alanta days just like Dennis Schroeder was last year

HAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM

Rui is so damn good man. He really has been a different player since he came to L.A.
I thought for sure he couldn't keep up his playoff level play from last year. But here we are. About to wrap up the season and he has 53/42/73 shooting splits.
He gives us size and shooting. You can start and close playoff games with him.
When we run into MPJ and A. Gordon. We're gonna probably need close to 40 minutes out of him.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:24 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Darvin Ham clearly frustrated with the way the game ended - said he planned on sitting down with a couple of their young players on Friday.

Don’t really blame him at the end… Those guys suppose to take care of the lead. But this will just make Ham keep our starters in now for extended minutes.

how about he blame himself? 3mins left in 4th and he was the punk who was telling his players to kill time
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

how about he blame himself? 3mins left in 4th and he was the punk who was telling his players to kill time

13pts lead with 1:20 seconds left... Wizards starter was not even on the court anymore either.

I've been hard on Ham most season... But not really blaming him for that.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:32 pm    Post subject:

3 or 4 guard combinations. smh
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:37 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

But Two... how da flucq this vet min dude get FORTY SIX games with more than 25 min???????!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM

Rui is so damn good man. He really has been a different player since he came to L.A.
I thought for sure he couldn't keep up his playoff level play from last year. But here we are. About to wrap up the season and he has 53/42/73 shooting splits.
When we run into MPJ and A. Gordon. We're gonna probably need close to 40 minutes out of him.

Facts

#BannersOverBillboards
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:00 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

13pts lead with 1:20 seconds left... Wizards starter was not even on the court anymore either.

watch tape again and hear him say...run the clock...starting with the bron/reaves TO
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:01 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

HAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMM

This MF f'ed up with:
DLO - Benched
Austin - Benched
Rui - DNP
Max - over Cam Trashdish

enough to get any clown fired...
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

watch tape again and hear him say...run the clock...starting with the bron/reaves TO

That's what your suppose to do with a double digit lead to close out the game... Last thing you want them to do is to start jacking up shots with plenty of time left on the shot clock...

3mins left 13pts lead... 1:20 left still 13pts lead... 3rd team just didn't execute man.

Last edited by miggz23 on Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Na scrubs supposed to play their game... Not run clock
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Scrubs not supposed to give up 11 in a minute to other scrubs.

#BannersOverBillboards
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:34 pm    Post subject:

He should only play Gabe Vincent during garbage time, him in the lineup means Prince at the 4 and the 3 guard lineup, not going to work
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:44 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
He should only play Gabe Vincent during garbage time, him in the lineup means Prince at the 4 and the 3 guard lineup, not going to work

That's one of my biggest gripe with him right now.. One of Lebron or Rui need to be on the court at all times until Vando gets back.

No excuse of sitting both of them out at the same time.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:22 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

Until Vando comes back.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:22 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

Until Vando comes back.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Only took Ham 1/2 a season to figure out the lineups. Most competent coaches would take the preseason.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:54 am    Post subject:

Ironic that when the season started Ham admitted that Prince was only starting due to others being injured.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:57 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Howard says he’ll likely be at a men’s game next season to support his former players. His son Jace could still be on the team. He’ll be at graduation in the spring. As far as work goes, Howard has no immediate plans. “I’m going to focus on my health,” he says. “I’m still in (rehabilitative) therapy. That’s my main priority. I’m not where I want to be health-wise, but I’m getting there.” He will, in time, return to coaching, most likely in the NBA. “This is not the end, and it will not be the end-all, be-all of my coaching career,” he says. – via The Athletic

Just a reminder, this is who the Lakers really wanted before hiring Darvin. Was a college teammate of Rob's, and favored NBA teammate of LeBron's.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:56 am    Post subject:

Ok, how many people were furious with the fourth quarter last night vs Wiz?
Stu said it obviously that they were just going through the motions at best, this all falls on Ham & his lack of leadership, know how, mental discipline, common sense, motivation, playing guys too many minutes in a row, his dumb challenges (10 min to go on out of bounds call, saving & not using all T.O.’s when game is over when you can use them to rest LBJ & starters, etc. etc.

We shoulda blew them out by 20+ & in no way should starters had to play 35 minutes or whatever! I don’t care if it was last game of trip, we are way better than Wiz. The whole idea of resting LBJ, AD & starters is to keep the ball moving! As soon as D-lo doesn’t run the offensive & LBJ’s ego takes over & they give him the ball to bring up court is the moment I know we’re in trouble! EVERYONE STANDS AROUND! KNOCK IT OFF ALREADY & this falls on HAM HEAD! I can’t wait until he’s GONE. This team needs a vet coach & they failed miserably letting Vogel go… 🤯

Our bench should be way better, seems like everyone who comes in except T.P. is gun shy when playing with LBJ & mostly watch. S.D. needs to continue to be aggressive, but that last sequence at end of game before the starters embarrassingly had to come back in was atrocious these guys have the lackadaisical effort or play is a weakness of this team & again this falls on HAM… Yeah, if we woulda lost a game like this HAMBONE head would still have his job & the dumb answers in locker room would be the norm for this guy. I don’t know what it’s going to take to rid ourselves of this guy but I don’t wanna go through any part of next year with him running this team. 😡
HC: Riley
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:00 am    Post subject:

Whatever criticisms Ham rightfully gets for his rotations, I am forever grateful we get to watch a pretty 5 out offense instead of whatever toilet bowl offense Vogel used to run. Sure his obsession with Cam & Prince probably hurt our chance at a 6 seed and may in fact be fatal to our title hopes... but at least the product is actually nice to watch now.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:50 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Until Vando comes back.

even that, i'd have Vando and Rui or Vando and Bron front courts, i don't think Vando at the 4 with 3 guards and AD is a good lineup at all. he defends perimeter players all the time.
to be honest, i don't even think Gabe is in any game condition at the moment, can they send him to South Bay for a couple of games? otherwise, i am not sure he is more useful than Spencer now
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:53 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Whatever criticisms Ham rightfully gets for his rotations, I am forever grateful we get to watch a pretty 5 out offense instead of whatever toilet bowl offense Vogel used to run. Sure his obsession with Cam & Prince probably hurt our chance at a 6 seed and may in fact be fatal to our title hopes... but at least the product is actually nice to watch now.

Vogel didn't have Rui/Dlo to be fair. do you think the 5 out offense works without those 2? hell no.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:21 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

You don't miss the iso LeBron and AD on the block offense? With Avery Bradley as the main ballhandler?
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:22 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
tox wrote:

Vogel didn't have Rui/Dlo to be fair. do you think the 5 out offense works without those 2? hell no.

I'd argue the 5 out offense succeeding has to do with your 4s and 5s more than anything else. So yes, it would've worked just fine with our 4 and 5 and KCP, Caruso, Kuzma filling the other 3 roles. Would've worked better in fact.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:06 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
tox wrote:

I'd argue the 5 out offense succeeding has to do with your 4s and 5s more than anything else. So yes, it would've worked just fine with our 4 and 5 and KCP, Caruso, Kuzma filling the other 3 roles. Would've worked better in fact.

no, actually it requires all 5 players to be in consistent motion, so the guards would have to be skilled and the SF/PF would have to dive a lot. KCP/AC/Kuz are not that type of players.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 278, 279, 280 ... 322, 323, 324  Next
Page 279 of 324
Jump to: