BREAKING NEWS: DARVIN HAM has been dismissed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 291, 292, 293 ... 318, 319, 320  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:40 am    Post subject:

All they had to do was give Ty Lue an extra year or 2, and Lakers most likely would have not even been in this mess.

Thing with Lue is that, he would at least call out and challenge Lebron/AD on the court…
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:57 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
All they had to do was give Ty Lue an extra year or 2, and Lakers most likely would have not even been in this mess.

Thing with Lue is that, he would at least call out and challenge Lebron/AD on the court…

My test for these kinds of hires is, “would anyone else hire this person?”

If Ty Lue were to be fired by the Clippers he’d have another job before the next season started. Ham interviewed for damn near half the league’s HC jobs and everyone passed. Once his time here is over I would be surprised if he’s ever a head coach again. If Pelinka were fired would any other team hire him? Nope. Rambis? Nope.

We are trying to be an elite team but nobody in any leadership or management position is elite. You could have real talent in your company but if everyone in charge is a dope it’s probably not going to be a very successful company.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:13 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

If Ty Lue were to be fired by the Clippers he’d have another job before the next season started. Ham interviewed for damn near half the league’s HC jobs and everyone passed. Once his time here is over I would be surprised if he’s ever a head coach again. If Pelinka were fired would any other team hire him? Nope. Rambis? Nope.

We are trying to be an elite team but nobody in any leadership or management position is elite. You could have real talent in your company but if everyone in charge is a dope it’s probably not going to be a very successful company.

i dont think we are trying to be elite. I think we are trying to make as much money as we can and stay as relative as possible to make that money
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:36 am    Post subject:

Ham is a cheap coach. Quality hires like Nick Nurse get 8 mil a year. Ham is like 3. No expereince and a bozo. Assistants are darts on a board. For every good promotion are 4 guys who flame out.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:28 pm    Post subject:

https://x.com/TheRealJHair/status/1782634199029260774

everyone sees it but hamas
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:41 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Ham is a cheap coach. Quality hires like Nick Nurse get 8 mil a year. Ham is like 3. No expereince and a bozo. Assistants are darts on a board. For every good promotion are 4 guys who flame out.

And Sixers fans are not happy with Nurse and think he's terrible. It can't just be an issue of 5 million. If investing 5 million gets you a championship you are going to make that money back and more.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:46 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

This is such a good way of putting things.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:48 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Hams decision to go small ball near the end of the 3rd quarter is absolute negligence. This guy keeps trying to get cute.

He's been doing the small ball thing for his entire tenure here. Is there no one that can whisper in his ears that it's been disastrous for us?
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:46 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Hams decision to go small ball near the end of the 3rd quarter is absolute negligence. This guy keeps trying to get cute.

He's been doing the small ball thing for his entire tenure here. Is there no one that can whisper in his ears that it's been disastrous for us?

That big ass lump on his head would likely obstruct any logical thoughts from reaching his brain.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:37 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I use to watch small ball teams like MDAs Suns or Nellys warriors or Mavs with some envy. Watching those teams fly around in fast breaks points and bombing 3s.

No longer. Hams version of small ball is slow, below average athletes who also happen to be little guys who can’t shoot lol. 😂
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:01 pm    Post subject:

The big difference between these two teams isn't talent, like a lot of people like to say. That's just lazy. The Lakers have shown that they have the requisite talent to compete at the highest level, and win. The difference is TRUST.

The Nuggets have been together long enough for the players/coaches to have that built in trust between them. Through thick and thin, the Denver players trust each other. And they trust in their coach to lead them. And, Malone and his staff have earned that trust. Sadly, the same cannot be said for Ham.

Ham has shown little trust in his players, outside Bron/AD (star players), along with Prince/Reddish (players he coached previously). This was evidenced when DLo, Reaves, and Rui all had a rough start to the season. Rui saw him minutes curtailed. And, DLo/Reaves were benched in favor of...you guessed it...Prince and Cam. This only changed when it was clear that Prince/Cam were not capable of positive production as starter-level players. This forced Ham to play Reaves, Rui, and DLo more. And, those guys rose to the occasion.

I CANNOT imagine Malone benching any of his starters, just because they were struggling. He'd ride with them, until they figured it out. And, you can see that clearly in these playoffs. Murray has been shooting poorly overall. But, Malone continues to play him normally, and trusts that Murray will get on track at some point.

I say all this to point out that, no matter how this series ends, Ham CANNOT stay the coach of the Lakers, going forward. There are PLENTY of deficiencies to his game. But, the one that is most important...aside from competency...is trust. If there's no trust between the coach(s) and player(s)...then all you have is confusion and chaos. Which is exactly what the Lakers look like down the stretch of these games. Denver...cool/collected. Lakers...disorganized/confused.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:14 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
The big difference between these two teams isn't talent, like a lot of people like to say. That's just lazy. The Lakers have shown that they have the requisite talent to compete at the highest level, and win. The difference is TRUST.

The Nuggets have been together long enough for the players/coaches to have that built in trust between them. Through thick and thin, the Denver players trust each other. And they trust in their coach to lead them. And, Malone and his staff have earned that trust. Sadly, the same cannot be said for Ham.

Ham has shown little trust in his players, outside Bron/AD (star players), along with Prince/Reddish (players he coached previously). This was evidenced when DLo, Reaves, and Rui all had a rough start to the season. Rui saw him minutes curtailed. And, DLo/Reaves were benched in favor of...you guessed it...Prince and Cam. This only changed when it was clear that Prince/Cam were not capable of positive production as starter-level players. This forced Ham to play Reaves, Rui, and DLo more. And, those guys rose to the occasion.

I CANNOT imagine Malone benching any of his starters, just because they were struggling. He'd ride with them, until they figured it out. And, you can see that clearly in these playoffs. Murray has been shooting poorly overall. But, Malone continues to play him normally, and trusts that Murray will get on track at some point.

I say all this to point out that, no matter how this series ends, Ham CANNOT stay the coach of the Lakers, going forward. There are PLENTY of deficiencies to his game. But, the one that is most important...aside from competency...is trust. If there's no trust between the coach(s) and player(s)...then all you have is confusion and chaos. Which is exactly what the Lakers look like down the stretch of these games. Denver...cool/collected. Lakers...disorganized/confused.
Couldn't have said it better myself. The laker players dont trust ham and they dont play for one another enough. Such as helping the helper and making the extra pass. Look at this video all the easy points they left on the board due to failure to make the extra pass. Alot of contested shots for no reason.
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Mark Jackson on bad coaching by Ham

https://x.com/Devidatruth/status/1782834001708999164
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:15 pm    Post subject:

DA1 wrote:

Sound like he has better knowledge of what's happening out there or been reading this board.

Interesting take on MJ bringing up Ham trying to steal rest minutes for AD and Lebron in the 4th which and giving longer leash on DLO.

I mean how everyone are seeing the same thing happen, and Jeanie/Pelinka continues to ignore it?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Kidd won game on a coaches challenge. Ham did not use a single challenge yesterday
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:21 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
DA1 wrote:

Sound like he has better knowledge of what's happening out there or been reading this board.

Interesting take on MJ bringing up Ham trying to steal rest minutes for AD and Lebron in the 4th which and giving longer leash on DLO.

I mean how everyone are seeing the same thing happen, and Jeanie/Pelinka continues to ignore it?

I wanted Mark Jack over Luke in 2016 and at this point I'll take him over Ham too lol
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:35 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

He'll remind you he's been shot at, so all your criticisms don't phase him. He'll small ball when he wants, and as much as he wants. Saginaw said so!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:37 pm    Post subject:

DA1 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DA1 wrote:

I wanted Mark Jack over Luke in 2016 and at this point I'll take him over Ham too lol

I'll take all his preaching and sermons over Ham.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:18 am    Post subject:

DA1 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DA1 wrote:

Mark Jackson would be almost as underwhelming as Ham. When he was in Golden State, its offense was a lot more stagnant and unimaginative than it would be right after Steve Kerr replaced him.

Jackson is also extremely religious, and while that is his right, he reportedly flaunted it in the locker room to the point where it splintered the team.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:35 am    Post subject:

DA1 wrote:

That dudes an idiot who made the tweet. Harry Giles???? Max Christie???? In a must-win playoff game....this the same idiot that would have complained about putting in those dudes had those two predictably bombed
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:34 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Kidd won game on a coaches challenge. Ham did not use a single challenge yesterday

The craziest part was something Gilbert Arenas said … once you get past the cussing

Ham had 3 timeouts and a challenge he did not use. He had the timeout that you lose automatically late at the 2 min mark. He had two more and a challenge.

Ham could have used those timeouts around tv breaks and stoppages to give Bron and AD 3-5 mins of rest at a time over playing Gabe, Spencer, or Hayes. Pointed out how Eddie Jordan did that with his teams in the playoffs and said how Phil would do that. And he’s not wrong because in the sacred hoops book he admitted to using the playoff tv breaks and timeouts in connection to rest Michael and Scottie so he could have them long 42-45 mins when his team needed it and people mistaking him not calling timeouts all the time for not knowing he used them as breaks. Instead he rather wear them out

He can look at himself and see a couple things.

He let the team go away from AD. AD opened the third 2-2 and then went 5 mins before his next shot because Bron, Dlo, Reaves, and Rui decided to jack 7 shots between them over going to the hot hand. Whereas the more talented Denver all just knew the pecking order and sat back while joker or Murray scored.

He did not trust AD with 4 fouls. The fourth foul saw him pull AD up 14 and then the team be up by only 5 when he brought him back in the third but Joker had scored double digit points, dished 4 assists, and secured 6 rebounds while he sat. So he was on fire by then.

He ain’t use the challenge to support Bron or take a tech to support Dlo. He had to do one or the other there. If they call the Dlo hit marginal, he has to challenge the Murray foul by Bron and work the refs about marginal contact so they over turn it. Because the next play down Bron got hit harder and got nothing and he did nothing about it.

And the timeouts could have been used to run his starters all big mins. No one but Prince has produced for the bench, so no one but Prince should be playing either from the bench this series. Bron, AD, and Dlo all 40 mins. AR and Rui all 35 mins each and Prince everything that’s left with timeouts to rest them because right now he’s playing 3 guys to give them cardio and no help.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:49 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

The craziest part was something Gilbert Arenas said … once you get past the cussing

Ham had 3 timeouts and a challenge he did not use. He had the timeout that you lose automatically late at the 2 min mark. He had two more and a challenge.

Ham could have used those timeouts around tv breaks and stoppages to give Bron and AD 3-5 mins of rest at a time over playing Gabe, Spencer, or Hayes. Pointed out how Eddie Jordan did that with his teams in the playoffs and said how Phil would do that. And he’s not wrong because in the sacred hoops book he admitted to using the playoff tv breaks and timeouts in connection to rest Michael and Scottie so he could have them long 42-45 mins when his team needed it and people mistaking him not calling timeouts all the time for not knowing he used them as breaks. Instead he rather wear them out

He can look at himself and see a couple things.

He let the team go away from AD. AD opened the third 2-2 and then went 5 mins before his next shot because Bron, Dlo, Reaves, and Rui decided to jack 7 shots between them over going to the hot hand. Whereas the more talented Denver all just knew the pecking order and sat back while joker or Murray scored.

He did not trust AD with 4 fouls. The fourth foul saw him pull AD up 14 and then the team be up by only 5 when he brought him back in the third but Joker had scored double digit points, dished 4 assists, and secured 6 rebounds while he sat. So he was on fire by then.

He ain’t use the challenge to support Bron or take a tech to support Dlo. He had to do one or the other there. If they call the Dlo hit marginal, he has to challenge the Murray foul by Bron and work the refs about marginal contact so they over turn it. Because the next play down Bron got hit harder and got nothing and he did nothing about it.

And the timeouts could have been used to run his starters all big mins. No one but Prince has produced for the bench, so no one but Prince should be playing either from the bench this series. Bron, AD, and Dlo all 40 mins. AR and Rui all 35 mins each and Prince everything that’s left with timeouts to rest them because right now he’s playing 3 guys to give them cardio and no help.

Beautifully said and summarized; great job poster with this analysis. This has reaffirmed my position that HAM is a horrible coach and he must go.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:51 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:

That really is a head scratcher. Why would you not use it at the end of the game? You might win one and worst case, you give tired players a rest. Not using a challenge is like not using all your time outs.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:04 am    Post subject:

I think for Mr. Ham's fate, it comes down to two things: Who's available and what Lebron thinks.

I don't think there is anyone that Jeannie and Rob would currently see as a viable replacement right now, including the current assistance coaches. And as long as Mr. Ham continues to bend the knee and kiss Lebron's pinky ring, he'll stay in the Lebron's good graces.

Hopefully, a quality coach will be available this offseason, and the Lakers being swept will anger Lebron enough to threaten to cut ties if changes aren't made.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Darvin Ham says he took Anthony Davis’ “we have stretches when we don’t know what we’re doing” comment as frustration and will agree to disagree with AD.

It's facts Pockets. You can't coach for (bleep).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 291, 292, 293 ... 318, 319, 320  Next
Page 292 of 320
Jump to: