BREAKING NEWS: DARVIN HAM has been dismissed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 292, 293, 294 ... 319, 320, 321  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Darvin Ham says he took Anthony Davis’ “we have stretches when we don’t know what we’re doing” comment as frustration and will agree to disagree with AD.

It's facts Pockets. You can't coach for (bleep).

Never any accountability. Even when his players say it out loud. It’s never his fault.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Dont wait until game three. Fire him now and let handy takeover. Hes lost the locker room
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Itsowheeze wrote:
Dont wait until game three. Fire him now and let handy takeover. Hes lost the locker room

he lost locker room in November. cheap jeanie wont fire him in Nov and wont definitely now.

but its pathetic that in the middle of playoff series he is going against his star player

just say we handled it inside the locker room
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Darvin Ham says he took Anthony Davis’ “we have stretches when we don’t know what we’re doing” comment as frustration and will agree to disagree with AD.

I just read the full quote that's pretty… That's deep that's one of his stars saying this and that's his response. I'm not even sure what to say about that.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:55 pm    Post subject:

We can clearly saw Jokic struggled defending bron and ad pnr in the 3rd, but when Malone adjusted and put him on Rui Lakers go away from it coz rui aint that good of a roller. Why instead of going away from it, why not just try to put another good roller inside so jokic cant switch assignment. Maybe Hayes?

They can clearly saw the Denver weakness but cant capitalize on it the whole game, coz ham is stupid.

Spam this the whole game and jokic will get tired for sure.

Lakers can have a big lead vs nuggets but cant maintain them, meanwhile Nuggets cant pull away from them, they are just winning on close games.
Thats why I think Lakers still has a big chance, but Ham is pulling them down with his stupid adjustments or no adjustments at all.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Does Ham think challenges are accrued ? what was he wating for ? to use those next season ?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Itsowheeze wrote:

he lost locker room in November.

If he had we wouldn't have made the Playoffs.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:57 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Never any accountability. Even when his players say it out loud. It’s never his fault.

no one takes accountability. coach to players.
Kobefied
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Should never hire a coach again without a solid NBA head coaching track record.
Ham's inability to adjust to in game situations is so obvious.

I am also disappointed that he has not figured out a way to use Max Christie. Like give him a few minutes when so many others are struggling around him.

Every Playoffs, winning teams have young players that step up.
He could be ours - but how could you possibly know without any playing time ?

I hope they get rid of Ham and reach out to Mike Budenholzer next year, we need a head coach with solid track record!

We are a veteran team, and need a veteran coach !
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:07 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Itsowheeze wrote:

At the end of the day these see professional players. U show up to work even if you know ur boss is an ahole or delusional prick
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:31 pm    Post subject:

"We have stretches where we just don't know what we're doing on both ends of the floor."

That's exactly what we do want to hear at this time of the year. It's a flat out indictment of Ham. I've had a long time feeling that he was not, and has not gotten the best out of this team.

I'm also with another poster regarding his lack of any development of Christie. This is a kid who shot 41% from three last year. Ok, so he didn't duplicate that this year, but Ham can't find a use for 6'5 athletic, eager to learn young player?

Not even over the course of a whole season? Something, at least for me, is very, very wrong there.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
"We have stretches where we just don't know what we're doing on both ends of the floor."

That's exactly what we do want to hear at this time of the year. It's a flat out indictment of Ham.

ham is not the answer but we have a 40yr legend and a 30 year all star as leaders. Youre telling me that we cant lean on them? every player that comments on defense acknowledges its an effort trait. that isnt on hamm.

Why were we going ISO ball in the 4th? not a hamm thing. Why was AD not calling for ball and wasnt moving to it. not hamm.

luke, Vogel, Hamm. Why not one more. eventually guys got to play. His schemes were brilliant early in the game. Unfortunately our guys started to play lose. prior game we know what hindered us. TO's.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

That's exactly what we do want to hear at this time of the year. It's a flat out indictment of Ham.

ham is not the answer but we have a 40yr legend and a 30 year all star as leaders. Youre telling me that we cant lean on them? every player that comments on defense acknowledges its an effort trait. that isnt on hamm.

Why were we going ISO ball in the 4th? not a hamm thing. Why was AD not calling for ball and wasnt moving to it. not hamm.

luke, Vogel, Hamm. Why not one more. eventually guys got to play. His schemes were brilliant early in the game. Unfortunately our guys started to play lose. prior game we know what hindered us. TO's.

ham's scheme?
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 pm    Post subject:

I remember Ham being adamant about holding players accountable, and he claimed he would set high standards for himself when he was first hired. Well...I'm still waiting for that. I haven't seen this moron take even an ounce of criticism. Jeanie and the Rambi are no better... I even acknowledged that Rob did his job in the summer by acquiring talent, and it was up to Ham to execute with that talent. However, he has failed in every aspect so far.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

😂
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Maybe we should hire this guy as our coach?

Warning: He yells a lot, put your volume at a decent level.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:09 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Itsowheeze wrote:

Naw, it's just what I've been saying since last year. We win in spite of him. We got to the WCF in spite of him and we got to the playoffs this year in spite of him.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:23 pm    Post subject:

LOL you all realized that Ham suck now.

I was saying we should develop Max Christie from beginning of this year and potentially see if we can start him to have more length.
People laughed at me

I was saying last year was fool's gold. People laughed.

I told you all if we dont get rid of Ham, we are screwed.

It is such a shame we didnt get rid of Ham last offseason and go after Nick Nurse.

If Spo was our coach now, we would be favorite to win it all, and 2-0 against Denver now.

this team is gonna suck for a long time.

Jeanie is completely clueless.

Anyone that look at Ham's face and dont realize the dude is completely clueless should stop watching basketball.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:29 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

ham's scheme?

I have heard all year how our vets ignore him. there is video. So if thats the route, then be a coach on the floor. Dont turn the ball over in a close game. dont ISO in an even closer one.
Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:29 pm    Post subject:

BEazy wrote:
Warning: He yells a lot, put your volume at a decent level.

Finally, somebody who at minimum gives a tremendous 🤬 about the details! Imagine that on the sideline burning some ears.

Bereft of a savvy respectable coach, it’s time the team recognized the little things that need doing and made their own adjustments. Stop pissing away leads with stupid basketball.
Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
I was saying we should develop Max Christie from beginning of this year and potentially see if we can start him to have more length.

I thought he could have helped in last year’s playoffs. Defense, length, shooting, determination. I haven’t ever seen much to dislike when he’s been out there.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:42 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

ham's scheme?

Doesn't matter because Ham disagrees with AD. Way to take accountability Ham.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Trevacious2 wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:

I thought he could have helped in last year’s playoffs. Defense, length, shooting, determination. I haven’t ever seen much to dislike when he’s been out there.

While Spo having undrafted player like Caleb Martin playing like all stars.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
We can clearly saw Jokic struggled defending bron and ad pnr in the 3rd, but when Malone adjusted and put him on Rui Lakers go away from it coz rui aint that good of a roller. Why instead of going away from it, why not just try to put another good roller inside so jokic cant switch assignment. Maybe Hayes?

They can clearly saw the Denver weakness but cant capitalize on it the whole game, coz ham is stupid.

Spam this the whole game and jokic will get tired for sure.

Lakers can have a big lead vs nuggets but cant maintain them, meanwhile Nuggets cant pull away from them, they are just winning on close games.
Thats why I think Lakers still has a big chance, but Ham is pulling them down with his stupid adjustments or no adjustments at all.

Or you can do a 3 to 4 to 5 pick and roll. Force the switch multiple times and you can also use turn 4 to turn 5 plays. You can force it to AD. It’s like how if the post pass wasn’t there for Fisher to Shaq, oh (bleep) Horry or Fox found ways from the corner

You might say what’s similar to that. Boston, nba finals, pau and Odom pick and roll not working. Kobe and Fisher play pick and roll over and over on the road, and force the swaps. To say I’m going to win that game, Phil Jackson said (bleep) the triangle, (bleep) pau or Odom, we are going to force you to cover Kobe or Fisher. Fisher then blitzed them to death and put Boston away … in a floor with 5 five hall of famers, a multiple time all star, and gold medalist and sixth man on the road Fisher beat them because Phil saw a mishap that he could cause. And he threw the whole playbook out the window.

When AD busted their ass in the first half and then the first two play and touches he got in the third he scored on them again … you say (bleep) that playbook or people feelings. Every play down AD touches the ball. Yes Reaves scored on a play, but he ignored AD. They went 5 mins of game time from AD scoring back to back before they even passed him the ball again on offense. That’s (bleep) crazy. They then gave him the ball and he created a play. Then he got it again he shot and missed. Then he spent 2 more mins not touching it at all until he got benched with the 4th foul.

So for 7 mins in the third his own teammates froze him out of touches. Darvin has to tell them feed AD, if you shoot that mf and AD doesn’t touch it, your ass go sit next to me no matter who you are. And he has to call timeouts and rest him with tv breaks. He saved 3 timeouts and a challenge. That’s crazy
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:55 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Itsowheeze wrote:

I think his life would be worse without Handy.

Case and point Bron and AD both yelled at Ham in game 1 about his sub he tried to do in the first when Bron had it going and he was going to systematically sit Bron and keep Ad out there. Handy got up and talked to those two and Ham flipped the sub. But yes Ham can lose people
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 292, 293, 294 ... 319, 320, 321  Next
Page 293 of 321
Jump to: