DARVIN HAM has been dismissed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 306, 307, 308 ... 322, 323, 324  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:22 am    Post subject:

This video shows how badly coached the Lakers are.

Around 6:10 they double team Jokic (this is with game tied 4:15 left), the video shows how the rotations are suppose to be..

You see DLO pointing to Murray cutting down the middle of the lane like he has no idea he is suppose to pick up Murray.

This is something they are suppose to know ahead of time and the "correct" defense schemes would do right. But because the Lakers couldn't effectively double Jokic, it was part of their downfall.

chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:31 am    Post subject:

Yup already been reported. Wouldn't surprise me if it was made official this week.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:38 am    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
Yup already been reported. Wouldn't surprise me if it was made official this week.

Do they usually wait till off-season?

Actually I am trying to remember Bucks coach was fired immediately after the Bucks got eliminated last year?
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:45 am    Post subject:

Just fire his this dumbass immediately. Nothing to wait here. Incompetent idiot
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:49 am    Post subject:

I don’t think the Lakers have ever had a worse head coach than this. He is like a wannabe motivational speaker who won a contest to be a basketball coach.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:52 am    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Go (bleep) yourself.

Glad Christie said what he said. He most def could have helped if Ham actually gave him playtime in the regular season heading into post season.

This (bleep) gave it to Spencer Dimwiddie and i still haven't forgotten how people said he'd be good.

An absolute (bleep) scrub Dimwiddie was aside from like one game in the regular season.

Get this bald headed (bleep) off this team. Thibs would have (bleep) played the crap out of Christie because he'd see the worth of his defense early on.

If only this had been more predictable during the buyout period. Oh wait, every Redditor could see it coming that too many guards melts Ham's brain.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
I don’t think the Lakers have ever had a worse head coach than this. He is like a wannabe motivational speaker who won a contest to be a basketball coach.

They haven’t had a good coaching hire since hiring Phil 25 years ago.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:03 pm    Post subject:

I honestly thought these were fake quotes at first, this is fkn insane;

Quote:
"It's been extremely challenging," Ham said. "Everyone that's been in and out of the lineup. Being criticized for not having a consistent rotation when I don't have consistent healthy bodies. The thing that frustrates me, and I love this job, I love the pressure that comes with it, I've always been calm in the midst of chaos ... [But] common sense tends to go out the window when you talk about my job in particular.

"It's amazing how people just skip that core part of having a consistency with your lineup is all predicated on health and performance. If you're coaching a team and one of your starters is like 10 games in a row, just s---ting the bed, what are you going to do?"

- https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40054328/nba-playoffs-2024-future-lebron-james-darvin-ham-lakers-their-game-5-exit

This dude is beyond delusional and has no accountability and just throws his players under the bus. This guy refused to start the lineup that got us to the WCF and then blamed the players as to why it was failing and then benched said players and is now publicly blaming the players/health as to why they struggled. I'm literally at a loss for words reading this like it's actually just insane.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:07 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Moses wrote:

MDA and Vogel are good coaches, but not necessarily the right fits under their particular circumstances (though Vogel still helped guide the team to a title).

If the Lakers hire Adelman or Lue, either one could have a long, successful tenure.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:08 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
ocho wrote:
Moses wrote:

MDA and Vogel are good coaches, but not necessarily the right fits under their particular circumstances (though Vogel still helped guide the team to a title).

If the Lakers hire Adelman or Lue, either one could have a long, successful tenure.

Not closing on Lue was such a horrible move.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Injuries are a part of it.

However when Vando is out it was clear to start Rui.

It was clear to enable D'Angelo earlier and give him the green light.
It was clear to move Prince to the bench.
It was clear to stop playing Reddish over Christie
It was clear to use Dinwiddie as a super 6th man
It was clear Gabe wasn't ready and Christie was
It was clear to use Chriatian Wood as the scoring threat he is off the bench.

Clear to everyone but Ham.

Did Ham grow this season? Yes, he did.
Did he still have some of the bad tendencies and favoritisms that cost the team last year and the early part of this year? Yes.

Ham has potential and as far as young coaches go, the tunaround of our team he does deserve some credit for. His flaws however are overbearing a lot of the time and unless he is willing to change he will never move forward and if he can't move forward, we cannot move forward with him as coach.

Last edited by MJST on Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:10 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
ocho wrote:
Moses wrote:

He hasn’t done much with superior talent
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
ocho wrote:
Moses wrote:

1) He hasn't had superior talent. AD and LeBron are both better than all 3 of the Clippers stars
2) It's precisely what he's done with an injured and subpar roster throughout the years that's impressive
3) He's a playoff adjustments coach, one which we could've desperately used
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:17 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
ocho wrote:
Moses wrote:

1) He hasn't had superior talent. AD and LeBron are both better than all 3 of the Clippers stars
2) It's precisely what he's done with an injured and subpar roster throughout the years that's impressive
3) He's a playoff adjustments coach, one which we could've desperately used

Up until this year he has had deeper better teams. His team is better than ours.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:

Quote:
"It's been extremely challenging," Ham said. "Everyone that's been in and out of the lineup. Being criticized for not having a consistent rotation when I don't have consistent healthy bodies. The thing that frustrates me, and I love this job, I love the pressure that comes with it, I've always been calm in the midst of chaos ... [But] common sense tends to go out the window when you talk about my job in particular.

"It's amazing how people just skip that core part of having a consistency with your lineup is all predicated on health and performance. If you're coaching a team and one of your starters is like 10 games in a row, just s---ting the bed, what are you going to do?"

- https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40054328/nba-playoffs-2024-future-lebron-james-darvin-ham-lakers-their-game-5-exit

This dude is beyond delusional and has no accountability and just throws his players under the bus. This guy refused to start the lineup that got us to the WCF and then blamed the players as to why it was failing and then benched said players and is now publicly blaming the players/health as to why they struggled. I'm literally at a loss for words reading this like it's actually just insane.

Is this actually a real quote?! I thought it was satire when I saw it in Bleacher Report. At least have some class and professionalism on your way out.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:23 pm    Post subject:

There are layers of posts here complaining about our injuries. Isn’t he speaking to the fans?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:30 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
ocho wrote:
Moses wrote:

That’s why I specified “coaching hire.” They shouldn’t have hired MDA or Vogel, even though they aren’t bad coaches. I don’t have a lot of faith they’ll do any better this time around, even though Darvin has to go.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:

Quote:

Are we sure Darvin hasn’t been mentored by Doc Rivers?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Would you hire D'Antoni as coach and Vogel as defensive assistant?
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:34 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
This would be my most ideal situation, with Rondo on staff as well.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
MJST wrote:
This would be my most ideal situation, with Rondo on staff as well.

Would Vogel ever accept a demotion to assistant coach for a team he was once head coach for? Has that ever happened in sports history?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Vogel was a great hire IMO. He led them to the number 1 and 3 defense and a NBA title first year, second year they are up 2-1 on Suns until AD is hurt. Pelinka drastically changes the roster to make it top heavy with Westbrook, letting Caruso, KCP, Dennis (all key Vogel guys on defense) go.

Now that doesn’t mean he is a great coach, he’s probably in between, but I thought he was a great fit for those Laker teams. Then of course Pelinka and Klutch had to spoil it.

I don’t even believe they gave him the chance Ham got, Ham was 12th in the standings with Westbrook but we traded him away to get a full roster again with DLo, Rui, Vandy etc around AD/Bron/Reaves. Would have been cool had we just not made a coaching change and just traded Westbrook. All these merry go rounds …… with coaches. Ugh.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:41 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
ocho wrote:
Moses wrote:

Lue would have been fired as scapegoat like Vogel too? I mean if Jeanie fired a championship winning coach, then no coaches would have been safe.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:49 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

why would vogel come back after the way rob treated him?
WC13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Has it been discussed why Ham didn't take out AD when he was barely moving, with one arm dangling, during the period when the momentum completely shifted (again)?

It just seemed utterly insane to me. It was basically 4 against 5, and AD could have been injured much worse.

And having no timeout at the end. Seems beyond inexcusable.

I have to agree, Ham has to go. Just awful.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 306, 307, 308 ... 322, 323, 324  Next
Page 307 of 324
Jump to: