DARVIN HAM has been dismissed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 322, 323, 324  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:55 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
To much Kurt and Linda Rambis. Jeanie needs to look for someone with real knowledge of how to run a franchise. I don't know whose decision it was to choose the coaching staff but IMO it's a bad decision. The coach is handcuffed.

2yrs has been the average sans pj, and there is only one common denominator. Jeanie. But there has to be an expectation that the people she hires are held accountable which Rob doesn’t seem to be.

She’s not rich in owner’s terms but she will have 90m tied up in 2 guys that outside of Covid chip haven’t proven anything.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 10:06 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Stephen A. is 'a bit salty' about Darvin Ham getting fired by the Lakers | NBA Countdown

you can tell there is such a scarcity in media that we have to hear this loud mouth clown spewing garbage on national tv

Never been a better time for the Guys-Shouting-Dumb-Opinions-At-People-Eating-Breakfast industry.

I haven’t listened/watched any of these clowns for years. Unless there is a game on that I want to watch I don’t tune in to ESPN or Fox sports. But that’s just me, I realize that some actually find these blowhards entertaining, so if they want to support them then knock yourself out.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 10:34 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Stephen A. is 'a bit salty' about Darvin Ham getting fired by the Lakers | NBA Countdown

you can tell there is such a scarcity in media that we have to hear this loud mouth clown spewing garbage on national tv

Never been a better time for the Guys-Shouting-Dumb-Opinions-At-People-Eating-Breakfast industry.

I haven’t listened/watched any of these clowns for years. Unless there is a game on that I want to watch I don’t tune in to ESPN or Fox sports. But that’s just me, I realize that some actually find these blowhards entertaining, so if they want to support them then knock yourself out.

SAS and Mad Dog Russo both scream. That's their schtick. It gets to me sometimes but I listen to what they have to say. Most times they're on point. Knocking their demeanor is according to ones taste, but disputing their knowledge of sports is kinda hard to do.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Knocking their demeanor is according to ones taste, but disputing their knowledge of sports is kinda hard to do.

A truly laughable thing to say.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 6:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
jodeke wrote:

If these shows were inane but harmless it would be one thing. I truly believe watching those shows will make you dumber. You’ll have a worse understanding of the game if you watch them than if you didn’t. It’s very sad to me that so much sports content is devoted to those kinds of shows, but they’re a sign of the times. Engagement trumps all.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Stephen A Smith is laughable.

All this "Don't blame Darvin Ham its the players.."

Knowing GOOD WELL if Darvin Ham had this exact same roster on the Knicks and was playing Cam Reddish and Taurean Prince over DLO and Austin Reaves and the Knicks were on a losing streak after being on a run previously, Stephen A would be calling for Ham's head all year.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:09 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Knocking their demeanor is according to ones taste, but disputing their knowledge of sports is kinda hard to do.

Hate can be blinding.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Exhibit A.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 7:17 am    Post subject:

ESPN's “First Take” has maintained its No. 1 ranking since “Undisputed” debuted in 2016.Dec 12, 2023

Stephen A. Smith tops major executives and more in sports media power list
The list included sports personalities, executives and even star athletes.

Colin SalaoUpdated:Dec 21, 2023 9:16 AM EST

LINK

JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 7:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
jodeke wrote:

In full agreement here. This hot take garbage just aims at the low hanging fruit out there that eats this nonsense up.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:05 am    Post subject:

JamezAmp wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
jodeke wrote:

In full agreement here. This hot take garbage just aims at the low hanging fruit out there that eats this nonsense up.

I used to despise SAS for the loud mouth type illogical takes, until one day I heard him say he wasn’t putting on an act for TV. He said he wasn’t acting that way because he’s on TV, he was on TV because he acts that way. After that I thought, huh, respect, ESPN saw a spectacle and sold it and can’t blame a guy for making money being who he is. I realized many others are entertained by it. So now instead of hating on him I just change the channel when I find it too irritating to listen. I also was able to realize that I actually agree with some of his takes, it’s the loud mouth delivery I can’t stand and that had blocked my perception of some of his opinions.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Tue May 07, 2024 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:13 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

This! I do not care about the stupidity of the antics (if it gets them paid, good for them). Having an agenda and trying to speak it into existence while never being wrong is not something I am not down with. The inability to provide knowledge on a regular basis makes it a hard pass for me. I don't knock those who like it, its just not my cup of tea. These guys are the jesters of the airwaves.

Last edited by RI Laker on Tue May 07, 2024 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:25 am    Post subject:

It’s easier to fire the coach of a bad team than to face the reality that we have been a bad team for 4 straight seasons.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:29 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

This! I do not care about the stupidity of the antics (if it gets them paid, good for them). Having an agenda and trying to speak it into existence while never being wrong is not something I am down with. The inability to provide knowledge on a regular basis makes it a hard pass for me. I don't knock those who like it, its just not my cup of tea. These guys are the jesters of the airwaves.

People can consume whatever they want. Those shows are really no different than their political counterparts, where people scream their opinions at each other and whoever is the loudest, most outrageous dummy gets rewarded (it’s no surprise that SAS in recent years now fancies himself a political commentator.)

These companies have realized engagement is all that matters. What engages is outrage, hyperbole, and division. Gets people clicking, talking, hash tagging and sharing online. SAS helped foment the slime that eventually Skip Bayless oozed out of. Bayless was the logical extension of Smith, and he cynically decided he could be even dumber and louder and more outrageous. He was rewarded with millions. Where does it go from there? It has to keep getting dumber and louder. Enter the Barstool/Outkick people. The Outkick people in particular recognized my earlier point that there’s really not much difference between what First Take does and what a divisive political show does and it was easy to marry the two. You can draw a straight line from that junk to Stephen A. So yeah, people can enjoy whatever they want to but at some point maybe breaking the cycle of injecting insipid divisiveness into the veins of the country starts at home. It was one thing when it was the only option out there, but there are podcasts and YouTube channels now that actually discuss the game thoughtfully and in depth. Why settle for junk when there are better alternatives? If people want to start their day getting yelled at and riled up it’s a free country but it’s also a sad choice.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:03 am    Post subject:

Some like FirstTake and SAS, and some don't. I like the exchanges between Shannon Sharpe and SAS. They use stats and Sharpe's NFL experience. A large number of people like what FirstTake spews. I'm expressing my PERSONAL views. I'm also producing links showing what other viewers think. To each their own.

First Take’s Viewership Success Continues with Most-Watched Year Ever in 2023

LINK

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:14 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Some like FirstTake and SAS, and some don't. I like the exchanges between Shannon Sharpe and SAS. They use stats and Sharpe's NFL experience. A large number of people like what FirstTake spews. I'm expressing my PERSONAL views. I'm also producing links showing what other viewers think. To each their own.

LINK

Thanks for posting. I don’t like SAS but to think they are less informed is funny. When it comes to the lakers both guys have always given us the botd.

Bobbie marks just posted a video (vasashi put it in a thread)where he has some opinions but literally just posts salary etc and he got ethered on social.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Most times they're on point. Knocking their demeanor is according to ones taste, but disputing their knowledge of sports is kinda hard to do.

I don’t think it’s hard to do at all. SAS has very little substance. No matter what sport we are talking about or how the game played out, his takeaway is going to be some variation of “them dudes just wanted it more”. He got to where he is by being a sideshow and by exchanging favorable coverage for access to the top nba players’ inner circle.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:29 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LINK

Obviously many like watching these shows and there is nothing wrong with that, it’s good that they are there for those people. It just isn’t for me, I prefer my scripted shows with more substance.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:48 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Most times they're on point. Knocking their demeanor is according to ones taste, but disputing their knowledge of sports is kinda hard to do.

I don’t think it’s hard to do at all. SAS has very little substance. No matter what sport we are talking about or how the game played out, his takeaway is going to be some variation of “them dudes just wanted it more”. He got to where he is by being a sideshow and by exchanging favorable coverage for access to the top nba players’ inner circle.

I think he has substance. This morning there was a comparison between Anthony Edwards and Jalen Brunson. SAS sided with Ant Man though he's an avid Knicks fan. He backed his reasons with stats. I call that substance. I don't think he's in-depth, he's more surface. FirstTake is more of a debate and talk show. I guess like or dislike is decided by what you want from a sports talk show.

LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 10:52 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
It’s easier to fire the coach of a bad team than to face the reality that we have been a bad team for 4 straight seasons.

A coach's job is to get the team to execute to its capabilities on average. An Elite coach gets a team to usually execute to its capabilities and sometimes above them.

The team is very flawed. But Ham had them playing below their capabilities good chunks of the season.

Honestly, I think Ham with 4-5 years of coaching lottery teams could figure out in-game adjustments, not getting too cute with lineups and not playing favorites so obviously. We just can't wait for that to happen.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 10:54 am    Post subject:

lol this turned into a SAS appreciation thread...

if you like him and like to watch him...good for you...

I hate his big ass mouth and cant stand him for a minute

to each his own....lets move on
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:01 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

A coach's job is to get the team to execute to its capabilities on average. An Elite coach gets a team to usually execute to its capabilities and sometimes above them.

The team is very flawed. But Ham had them playing below their capabilities good chunks of the season.

Honestly, I think Ham with 4-5 years of coaching lottery teams could figure out in-game adjustments, not getting too cute with lineups and not playing favorites so obviously. We just can't wait for that to happen.

Except last year when he got them to wcf.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:03 am    Post subject:

i believe if you are a casual fan and listen to these ESPN shows or even the commentators like Reggie Miller in the game, you will form an opinion that is completely wrong.

Reggie loves to point to FT disparity between Lakers and other teams but wont point out that Lakers are playing in the paint and the other team is launching 3s all game. He's the type that will see a replay of a Lakers player getting swipped across the arm on a shot and say "I dont see the foul there."

people watching will start to lean into the impression that Lakres get some disproportionate amount of favorable calls; which is honestly laughable.

Then you also have idiots like SAS and being upset Ham got fired. Does he really watch the game? Obviously Ham is not the only reason Lakers had issues but his horrible llne-ups and inability to have any control in the game (like when to call a TO) cost the Lakers several games in the season and pre-season. Lakers certainly should have fired him. Vogal is the coach that got screwed but Ham warranted a mid-season firing after he kept playing at lineup that everyone knew did not work.

But the fan watches SAS and starts to think "yeah why did the Lakers do that? Lakers are dumb. F the Lakers. blah blah"

Its to the point where i wonder if SAS and the bunch like him believe what they are saying or just says what he knows will get the most views

Last edited by 27 on Tue May 07, 2024 11:06 am; edited 2 times in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:05 am    Post subject:

I'll admit to being a Ham fanboy. That said I think he was in over his head. The team is too young and inexperienced. They need a leader with more coaching acumen. The next coach must have control of the team. The FO has to let him/her have the reigns. In Darvin's defense, I think they/Kurt had too much influence. He didn't choose his staff, they did. The next coaches hurdle will also be Bron. He has to convince him to accept his program. If he does the others will follow.

Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:23 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'll admit to being a Ham fanboy. That said I think he was in over his head. The team is too young and inexperienced. They need a leader with more coaching acumen. The next coach must have control of the team. The FO has to let him/her have the reigns. In Darvin's defense, I think they/Kurt had too much influence. He didn't choose his staff, they did. The next coaches hurdle will also be Bron. He has to convince him to accept his program. If he does the others will follow.

lol

if they micromanaged his staff then Ham would have ex head coaches on his staff, like Vogel and not the other way around
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 322, 323, 324  Next
Page 323 of 324
Jump to: