Mass shooting at elementary school in Texas. (19 children & 2 teachers dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Now would be a good time to get those cops on the record asking for background checks and red flag laws alerts etc

Tell them it is the only way the community and America might think of forgiving some of their cowardice
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
So the shooter, 18 years old was able to LEGALLY purchase 2 AR-15 assault rifles? Is this really what happen?

Why the (bleep) does one sell an AR-15 legally? AR-15’s are not used for self defense, they’re used military style to (bleep) now down people.

So apparently, this kid who turned 18 less than a week before the shooting bought the two AR-15 on two separate occasions and bought 375 rounds of ammunition.

That store he bought those guns from should (bleep) for selling him AR-15. Only in this country where people can buy AR-15s like lotto tickets.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 10:33 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
One of the fourth graders who survived the attack told KENS-TV that when police finally did enter the school building an officer instructed them to yell "help" if they needed it.

"One of the persons in my class said 'help,'" the boy claims. "The guy overheard and shot her."

Wow.

https://people.com/crime/texas-shooter-was-in-school-for-more-than-40-minutes-before-law-enforcement-got-into-locked-classroom/

Video of that boy telling his story.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U94qKXxImIM
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:45 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:
O’Rourke confronts Abbott at press conference on Texas school shooting

The guy should have gotten his ass kicked, using the death of young children as a political ploy.

Yeah, he’s the problem.

The Solution
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:01 am    Post subject:

Quote:
No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen @NoLieWithBTC

Guns are banned at the NRA Convention today when Trump speaks. Just soak that in real quick

See, THEY ALL KNOW THE SOLUTION IS TO BAN GUNS. They just don't care when it's other people that die, so long as it's not them.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Ban assault rifles. Full stop. No need for them.

Ban carry of handguns without a permit where you need to pass a psych evaluation, regular training, and have to have a legit reason.

Shotguns only in your house, rifles or handguns at a shooting club or signed out for hunting (in the case of rifles). Licensing training insurance and mental health screening all apply.

Take the prison beds filled with drug users and give them to people who violate gun laws and especially those who use or carry a firearm in commission of a crime. Fine/imprison everyone to the max who engages in black market arms dealing.

Completely agree. There is no legitimate use for assault rifles being available to the general public.

To me it is a complete bastardization of the 2nd Amendment to say having an assault rifle is under your "right to bear arms". I guarantee the founding fathers would look at this madness and say sorry guys, you are misinterpreting what we were doing with that amendment.

Enough with the legal mumbo jumbo, just ban assault rifles and be done with it. Force the cretins to try and access them on this nebulous black market that supposedly exists.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:15 am    Post subject:

From Carol Anderson, who wrote a great book called The Second, about the racist roots of the second amendment:

Quote:
It was in response to the concerns coming out of the Virginia ratification convention for the Constitution, led by Patrick Henry and George Mason, that a militia that was controlled solely by the federal government would not be there to protect the slave owners from an enslaved uprising. And ... James Madison crafted that language in order to mollify the concerns coming out of Virginia and the anti-Federalists, that they would still have full control over their state militias — and those militias were used in order to quell slave revolts. ... The Second Amendment really provided the cover, the assurances that Patrick Henry and George Mason needed, that the militias would not be controlled by the federal government, but that they would be controlled by the states and at the beck and call of the states to be able to put down these uprisings.

tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:23 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Step 1. Thoughts and Prayers.
Step 2. Now is not the time to talk politics.
Step 3. See Step 1.
Step 4. Ignore the blood. Blame the Democrats.

FIFY
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 10:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Student calls to 911:
12:03—whispered she's in room 112
12:10—said multiple dead
12:13—called again
12:16—says 8-9 students alive
12:19—student calls from room 111
12:21—3 shots heard on call
12:36—another call
12:43—asks for police
12:47—asks for police

https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1530238057454047232?t=XRiC-QXxn3poC9pEU27m7g&s=19
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 10:59 am    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Step 3. See Step 1.

FIFY

Why should democrats be blamed?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:03 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
tlim wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Step 3. See Step 1.

FIFY

He wasn’t saying they should. He’s saying that’s what they do.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject:

https://i.imgur.com/1J0R5Lw.png

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Student calls to 911:
12:03—whispered she's in room 112
12:10—said multiple dead
12:13—called again
12:16—says 8-9 students alive
12:19—student calls from room 111
12:21—3 shots heard on call
12:36—another call
12:43—asks for police
12:47—asks for police

https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1530238057454047232?t=XRiC-QXxn3poC9pEU27m7g&s=19

i guess "blue lives matter"
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
A police lieutenant in Texas actually got on CNN and argued they didn’t go in because they might have gotten shot. Best response I saw to that was “maybe that’s a good argument for banning assault weapons, if the police are too scared to go against them”.

i understand most cops support trump and the GOP, but i have a hard time believe they don't want ban on assault weapons.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
A police lieutenant in Texas actually got on CNN and argued they didn’t go in because they might have gotten shot. Best response I saw to that was “maybe that’s a good argument for banning assault weapons, if the police are too scared to go against them”.

i understand most cops support trump and the GOP, but i have a hard time believe they don't want ban on assault weapons.

They do support it because any guns laws is bad for "their side". Its tribalism. Its what you're seeing with Amber Heard still being defended by some "progressives" and other "progressive" media outlets.

If one hole gets poked in their position they see it as an attack on their whole way of life.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject:

The size and amount of guns a person owns are likely proportional to the cowardice of said person.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
11-year-old Miah Cerrillo told me that to survive the shooting at Robb Elementary, she smeared her friend's blood all over her body and played dead.

She had to lay there, with her teachers and friends dead next to her, for almost an hour.

My full CNN exclusive reporting:

https://twitter.com/noraneus/status/1530159970725122048?t=8z84Z-WRGN097mviptxPRQ&s=19
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject:

Was reading this morning that the local police also stopped the Federal team from going in .. supposedly for almost an hour.. this is so unfathomable that I hope it is incorrect.

The local cowards didn't even kill the shooter - The Fed team did.... They should be Shunned... ZERO communication with those cowards.. ZERIO

They (bleep) let cops go in to get their own kids out while the shooter was in there but wouldn't go in and stop the killing or let more qualified people go in?

*anyone think that police station will have a defense perimeter around it all weekend?
40% of the town budget goes to these scum
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:34 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
jodeke wrote:
tlim wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Step 3. See Step 1.

FIFY

He wasn’t saying they should. He’s saying that’s what they do.

If they mean Repukelians OK. Kinda threw me. Thanks for the clarification.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
11-year-old Miah Cerrillo told me that to survive the shooting at Robb Elementary, she smeared her friend's blood all over her body and played dead.

She had to lay there, with her teachers and friends dead next to her, for almost an hour.

My full CNN exclusive reporting:

https://twitter.com/noraneus/status/1530159970725122048?t=8z84Z-WRGN097mviptxPRQ&s=19

"She knew what she was getting into going to school in America" Conservatives.

^^I saw this article and just skimmed it because it was too heartbreaking to process..seeing just this line

That line makes me question humanity... Surely I wasn't there but my soul tells me I wouldn't listen to anyones orders who said "Sit tight and listen to those bullets fly"... If I was a Father there.. watching those cops tase and handcuff other parents... JOHN RAMBO is all that comes to mind..

Would you shoot someone (non lethal first) to try to save your child from a mass murderer?

There should have been a mutiny and whoever was commanding that (bleep) TASED and put in the back of a police car..
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:50 am    Post subject:

When one of these mass shootings happen, the propaganda goes out that they're gonna take away your guns. What happens immediately afterward is a run on the gun stores. Sales spike all over the country. This is right after every...single...mass...shooting. So people who already have dozens of firearms, will run and get more. Then that brings shortages, which only makes them even more paranoid that their guns will be taken away. So then that brings the political fallout. Not only do the politicians (mostly Republican) block ANY attempt at ANY gun reform, but the states actually go the other way and pass laws making it EASIER to get guns. The Gun king pins LOVE mass shootings. They're getting their money coming and going.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
When one of these mass shootings happen, the propaganda goes out that they're gonna take away your guns. What happens immediately afterward is a run on the gun stores. Sales spike all over the country. This is right after every...single...mass...shooting. So people who already have dozens of firearms, will run and get more. Then that brings shortages, which only makes them even more paranoid that their guns will be taken away. So then that brings the political fallout. Not only do the politicians (mostly Republican) block ANY attempt at ANY gun reform, but the states actually go the other way and pass laws making it EASIER to get guns. The Gun king pins LOVE mass shootings. They're getting their money coming and going.

And despite the wide imbalance in gun ownership and political power, they still see *themselves* as the victims. White male patriarchy + toxic masculinity + low self-esteem = self fulfilling prophecy of failure, resentment and mediocrity. Which they must blame on others (POC, women, gays, libs, media, Democrats, immigrants, etc.). It's disgusting.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Mass shooting are becoming a wash and rinse. I pray this shooting will cause some legislation to be written that will take AR-15 and like off the streets.

WHEN WILL ENOUGH BE ENOUGH?? 😡 🤬

Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:24 pm    Post subject:

I pray that this is the final straw for enough people to go out and vote these senators out come November. Nothing will change if they are still there.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Greg Abbott is about to give a presser. I'm covering my TV with safety net protections. I just may get angered enough to toss things at it.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13
Jump to: