Mass shooting at elementary school in Texas. (19 children & 2 teachers dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Abbott throwing money at tragedy...benefits to aid.....funeral cost....need for mental health..victim assistance....YADA YADA YADA. No one addressed the root of the problem

GUNS

I'm posting during the presser. I should protect my bedroom 75" I am so f...k...g pissed.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun May 29, 2022 8:56 am; edited 2 times in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Meanwhile, at the macho-man NRA convention, here's a list of the things that are banned:

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Abbott is a ducking, deflecting MO-FO

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Ted Cruz is the face of the evil; go to hell you (bleep)
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Meanwhile, at the macho-man NRA convention, here's a list of the things that are banned:

https://i.ibb.co/42pX7xY/FTy-V5y-NUYAADl-W5-format-jpg-name-900x900.jpg

Well they certainly think highly of their constituents.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 1:12 pm    Post subject:

I apologize for the statement I'm going to post. I wish Greg Abbot a George Wallace style event though he's already wheelchair bound.

Query; Where did the youth get the funds to buy the weapons and ammunition? The cost had to be astronomical.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Every music act that was going to perform at the NRA fundraiser has now backed out and the concert is cancelled.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Wow. If you want to see a middle-aged southern white dude tell off the gun cult, watch this. NSFW. I feel like sending him free meals.
Quote:

MeidasTouch.com @MeidasTouch

Wow. Texas Paul just said what needed to be said. (warning: language)

link to video
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 3:11 pm    Post subject:

https://www.facebook.com/100000102105914/videos/737722693899943/

Livestream. Do NOT WATCH if you don't want your blood to boil.

Police = Pubically funded clean up crew. Totally worthless.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 3:13 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Wow. If you want to see a middle-aged southern white dude tell off the gun cult, watch this. NSFW. I feel like sending him free meals.
Quote:

MeidasTouch.com @MeidasTouch

Wow. Texas Paul just said what needed to be said. (warning: language)

link to video

Thank you for these last two vids- the women taking their bullhorn back and shooing that bloated buffoon away - priceless
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject:

These people are beyond sick. They are cruel sadists.

Quote:
Leah McElrath 🏳️‍🌈 @leahmcelrath

In a grotesque caricature of sympathy, Trump is reading the names of the Uvalde victims aloud at the NRA convention as a recording of a church bell tolls.

(I am not making this up.)
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject:

I think another debate that needs brought up is something Biden can do something about

Hiring Practices of Police Forces and Oversight

These officers were obviously selected from a lower number on the IQ scale for a reason. Hiring practices weed out the overly intelligent ones.
I say it is because they will fight the bad guys INSIDE the force.. they say the intelligent ones leave early requiring them to train less intelligent people who will stay...

I always thought "Defund the police" couldn't really be an actual legit groups slogan.. It should be "Retrain the police"
They are a gang under their own laws.. That must change.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

In a grotesque caricature of sympathy, Trump is reading the names of the Uvalde victims aloud at the NRA convention as a recording of a church bell tolls.

And he did his (bleep) little YMCA dance shuffle afterward. (bleep) freak
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Every music act that was going to perform at the NRA fundraiser has now backed out and the concert is cancelled.

They should have been embarrassed for ever accepting the gig. Cancelling now to me is hypocritical, it isn't like this is the first time this has happened.

How about you decline the gig the first time it is offered? Oh wait, then you couldn't collect blood money from the Gun Nuts.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject:

Former President Donald Trump speaks at NRA Convention in Houston

LINK

Donald Trump is a vile individual. Hearing him speak literally causes my blood pressure to rise. His facial expressions make me nauseous. He spoke at the NRA convention and used Uvalde and its victims as a talking point. Actually had a bell toll after each name he read. No guns were allowed.

They don't care. Donald and those like him are caught in the NRA green trap, money. NRA buy politicians. IMO a movement to disband them should be engendered.

Cruz and Trump thinking what stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun is asinine and typical of people of that ilk. Two (Y)s

We can't allow this to become just another everyday occurrence. We can't become numb to these mass shootings.

We have a voice it's called a vote. Let it be heard in November. We have an instrument to let our representatives know our wants, it's called a telephone. Contact your senator call 202 224-3121. Bombard their offices with calls. Let them know your displeasure with their not using their position to put a stop to mass shootings.

If it's your opinion let them know gun control is a step that has to be taken. An assault weapon ban and background checks would be a step in the right direction.

Use the number above call your representatives.

Let them know ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and

WE'RE MAD AS HELL AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

I just don’t get the appeal of this guy. How is he a good speaker? The words comes out of his mouth are like 9th graders…. Can’t pronounce any words longer than 3 syllables correctly, then I realize most of his hardcore supporters probably share the same experience
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 1:39 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
I think another debate that needs brought up is something Biden can do something about

Hiring Practices of Police Forces and Oversight

These officers were obviously selected from a lower number on the IQ scale for a reason. Hiring practices weed out the overly intelligent ones.
I say it is because they will fight the bad guys INSIDE the force.. they say the intelligent ones leave early requiring them to train less intelligent people who will stay...

I always thought "Defund the police" couldn't really be an actual legit groups slogan.. It should be "Retrain the police"
They are a gang under their own laws.. That must change.

Defund the police almost cost him the election and it cost dems majority(52 seats), it is a horrible slogan. I am NPR and it just sounds bad
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Washington Post: Before massacre, Uvalde gunman frequently threatened teen girls online

Quote:
Young people who met the alleged gunman online said he had threatened to kidnap, rape or kill. But they said their reports were ignored and that his kind of angry misogyny was just “how online is.”

Quote:
He could be cryptic, demeaning and scary, sending angry messages and photos of guns. If they didn’t respond how he wanted, he sometimes threatened to rape or kidnap them — then laughed it off as some big joke.

But the girls and young women who talked with Salvador Ramos online in the months before he allegedly killed 19 children in an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, rarely reported him. His threats seemed too vague, several said in interviews with The Washington Post. One teen who reported Ramos on the social app Yubo said nothing happened as a result.

Some also suspected this was just how teen boys talked on the Internet these days — a blend of rage and misogyny so predictable they could barely tell each one apart. One girl, discussing moments when he had been creepy and threatening, said that was just “how online is.”

Quote:
A 2021 Pew Research Center study found these experiences are common for young people, with about two-thirds of adults under 30 reporting that they’ve experienced online harassment. Thirty-three percent of women under 35 say they have been sexually harassed online.

Quote:
Ramos’ hatred toward women and obsession with violence were clear in the messages viewed and interviews conducted by The Post, but his identity was mostly hidden.

As mentioned several pages back, a high percentage of mass killers have this in common - hatred of women, history of domestic violence, then killing female relative or girlfriend to start the killing spree. This killer's grandmother survived him shooting her in the face as he left her for dead.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject:

USA needs a hotline for ^^ online harassment and anyone threatening violence is Red Flagged IMMEDIATELY ...

IDC.. go ahead offer a reward for anyone reporting threats of physical violence. This creep could have been stopped LONG ago
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Former President Donald Trump speaks at NRA Convention in Houston

LINK

Donald Trump is a vile individual. Hearing him speak literally causes my blood pressure to rise. His facial expressions make me nauseous. He spoke at the NRA convention and used Uvalde and its victims as a talking point. Actually had a bell toll after each name he read. No guns were allowed.

They don't care. Donald and those like him are caught in the NRA green trap, money. NRA buy politicians. IMO a movement to disband them should be engendered.

Cruz and Trump thinking what stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun is asinine and typical of people of that ilk. Two (Y)s

We can't allow this to become just another everyday occurrence. We can't become numb to these mass shootings.

We have a voice it's called a vote. Let it be heard in November. We have an instrument to let our representatives know our wants, it's called a telephone. Contact your senator call 202 224-3121. Bombard their offices with calls. Let them know your displeasure with their not using their position to put a stop to mass shootings.

If it's your opinion let them know gun control is a step that has to be taken. An assault weapon ban and background checks would be a step in the right direction.

Use the number above call your representatives.

Let them know ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and

WE'RE MAD AS HELL AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

he talked about "broken homes" being the problem while he's on his 3rd wife
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Washington Post: America’s gun culture is priming us for authoritarianism

Quote:
By Ruth Ben-Ghiat - professor of history at New York University and author of "Strongmen: From Mussolini to the Present."

What is driving democratic decline in America? Disinformation, election subversion, Donald Trump’s authoritarian leader cult and institutionalized racism leap out at you. But there’s another factor that is all the more dangerous because it’s part of our everyday reality: civilian access to lethal weapons, and the mass death that enables.

The scale and scope of gun violence in America doesn’t just desensitize us to violence. It also cheapens the value of life. It fosters political, social and psychological conditions that are propitious for autocracy. The omission of gun law reform from discussions of democracy protection is symptomatic of our normalization of this tragic situation. The Jan. 6 insurrection shows us how dangerous that blind spot has become.

For decades we have shot each other, with Americans causing fellow Americans more harm than any foreign enemy. More than 1.5 million died of gunshots in the past 50 years vs. 1.2 million in all the wars in the country’s history. This year alone, mass shootings have killed or injured more than 1,800.

Yet no amount of loss seems enough to deter the supporters of a brutal gun rights culture that factors in harm to some so that the freedoms and privilege of others can continue, and accepts mass death and trauma in the name of “liberty.” Add in an uptick of activity by extremists that preach violence and extralegal action as a way of changing history, and you have a high potential for political destabilization. Guns were prominent at the storming of the Michigan Capitol in May 2020 by militia members. They also featured at the Jan. 6 insurrection, which brought many strains of armed political extremism together: militia members, retired and active-duty law enforcement and military and radicalized civilians.

Quote:
When violence is accorded a patriotic value; when mass death of your fellow citizens is considered an acceptable price to pay for possession of lethal weapons; when a leader has convinced people to follow his dogma even if it jeopardizes their own well-being; when the very thing that frightens is the thing primed to save you from your fear; when the value of life itself has been cheapened … then the conditions are right for authoritarian rule.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 4:14 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Ironically they also ban guns at NRA conventions. Right wingers always love bringing up the good guy vs bad guy with a gun argument. How many of those good guys were standing outside with their guns doing nothing?

We need universal background checks, and some kind of funding for mental health. I’m not sure why so many people argue it’s one or the other. It’s clearly both. I also think social media is a huge part of mental health issues with the young. These kids nowadays are being judged based on how many likes and followers they have, rather then character. Not surprising they all livestream these events. It’s a way to get attention they couldn’t get being themselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:12 pm    Post subject:

I hear advocates for gun control asking for age limits of 21 and above to be able to acquire weapons of war. IMO there is no such thing. No citizen has a need for a weapon of war no matter what their age. What I advocate is a ban on such weapons.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 5:56 am    Post subject:

David Hogg (gun safety activist and survivor of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas shooting in Florida) and the March for Our Lives group is organizing nationwide marches for June 11th. Main march will be in Washington D.C. June 11 at 12 noon, Washington Monument. (At the same time in Boston on Boston Common.)

You can search for activities in your area:

https://marchforourlives.com/march22/

They will also be REGISTERING NEW YOUNG VOTERS at all of these events with an eye toward voting in November.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Tue May 31, 2022 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 6:05 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I hear advocates for gun control asking for age limits of 21 and above to be able to acquire weapons of war. IMO there is no such thing. No citizen has a need for a weapon of war no matter what their age. What I advocate is a ban on such weapons.

Republicans are pretending to work with Democrats to pass the lowest common denominator type laws that they all can agree on. So people are floating raising the age limit to 21.

In reality, this is a rouse by Republicans to waste time and let the dust settle so that in a few weeks everyone will forget about it.

In the unlikely event Democrats agree to passing some standalone law that ONLY increased age to 21 and does nothing else, the Republicans will "suddenly" back out and there won't be the "10" Republican votes needed in the Senate to overcome the filibuster.

The only way to implement new national laws is to vote for Democrats up and down the ballot in November so that Democrats hold the House and increase the Democratic Senate majority to at least 52 to make Manchin/Sinema irrelevant.

If that happens, THEN they will discuss what to pass (ban on all assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, etc.).

Right now the rest is just noise. Might as well tune it out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13
Jump to: