Cole “The Sniper” Swider to Lakers (Waived, pg9)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W3lOX0XLfVo

What impresses about Swider is that the shot he takes and makes, most of them are contested, there’s almost always a body on him.

He also takes 6 threes a game and has converted on 57% of them.

Dude has a nice stroke and great release on his shots. His form is excellent.

Nice to finally see a legit great shooter on the Lakers finally. We don’t have the luxury right now to worry about his current defense level when this roster is in dire need of shooting, especially at his size on a team full of guards.

I imagine his defense will progress especially with better coaching under Ham. He’s already the best shooter on the main roster. Everything else will figure itself out.

Polarbear wrote:
Megaton wrote:
So glad that this guy is good and his shot is money.

Makes up for the terrible 35th pick.

F give it a rest....your record is getting scratches in it

Nah. I call it like I see it. Deal with it.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Freaking love this dude. He’s definitely gonna see minutes in the NBA for both his size and shooting alone, on a team full of guards and very little else.

He reminds me of a shorter Mihm lookswise and affectwise. Mihm w/ the buzz and the perpetually mildly-angry resting face.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

You don't see long term. Good to know.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

His long term is Anthony Brown.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Hey, mike [ at ] lakersground.net, can you suspend megaton for 2 weeks?

His posts are very illogical, designed to provoke a negative response.

If you don’t suspend him, feel free to suspend me. Thanks.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W3lOX0XLfVo

What impresses about Swider is that the shot he takes and makes, most of them are contested, there’s almost always a body on him.

He also takes 6 threes a game and has converted on 57% of them.

Dude has a nice stroke and great release on his shots. His form is excellent.

Nice to finally see a legit great shooter on the Lakers finally. We don’t have the luxury right now to worry about his current defense level when this roster is in dire need of shooting, especially at his size on a team full of guards.

I imagine his defense will progress especially with better coaching under Ham. He’s already the best shooter on the main roster. Everything else will figure itself out.

Polarbear wrote:
Megaton wrote:

I am by no means an expert just a fan of sports in general this I do know you cannot talk about how a player is going to end up in a minute that they are drafted because they have some holes in their game he was a second round pick for a reason let are developmental staff work with him and see how he comes out if you were expecting him to be like this high impact player in year one then I don’t know what you were thinking

It’s interesting that cole Is receiving all this praise and Max is receiving all this via troll Max is showing propensity for defense coming out the gate and Cole is showing that he might be an excellent shooter both of them hoe holes in their game

Last edited by Polarbear on Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Megaton wrote:

absolutely, that guy is so annoying, would have been out of this forum, if I would be in charge for some time now, calling the 35th overall pick in the freaking NBA draft terrible, what an idiot.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:07 pm    Post subject:

+1
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:47 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Freaking love this dude. He’s definitely gonna see minutes in the NBA for both his size and shooting alone, on a team full of guards and very little else.

He reminds me of a shorter Mihm lookswise and affectwise. Mihm w/ the buzz and the perpetually mildly-angry resting face.

He don't look like Mihm lol, Mihm look like that dude in Euphoria, this dude got round face. Btw saw Mihm with 2 fine hunnies at that multilevel Irish spot in hollywood/sunset (can't remember name) in his heyday
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:44 am    Post subject:

If we're keeping WB, I would legit be comfortable starting Swider. He probably gets burned on defense and makes some rookie mistakes, but at least you have a shooter that can have defenses forced to keep a body on him. It's one of our major weaknesses. We simply don't have a 2-way big wing, and we need to play AD at the 5 if WB is with us to have enough floor spacing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:45 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
If we're keeping WB, I would legit be comfortable starting Swider. He probably gets burned on defense and makes some rookie mistakes, but at least you have a shooter that can have defenses forced to keep a body on him. It's one of our major weaknesses. We simply don't have a 2-way big wing, and we need to play AD at the 5 if WB is with us to have enough floor spacing.

or even go big with Bron at the 2 and AD at the 3, Swider and T.Bryant up front for the shooting
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject:

Can we at least watch Swider in preseason games against real NBA players before talking about him playing on the Lakers
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:19 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Sure, but Swider's shooting needs to be proven against NBA talent (with NBA length and quickness on close-outs) before we really know if his game scales to the NBA level.
There have been countless shooters whose game never translated to the pro level. Hopefully Swider beats the odds.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:28 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Sure, but Swider's shooting needs to be proven against NBA talent (with NBA length and quickness on close-outs) before we really know if his game scales to the NBA level.
There have been countless shooters whose game never translated to the pro level. Hopefully Swider beats the odds.
True, but his shooting is better than other big wing (current) options.

Wings we have above 6'4

Anderson
Brown Jr.
Stanley

The options vs him, I think unless his defense is Melo like (which is where your point is valid) you need to test him out for sure. I'm just saying he seems like a natural fit, while the other guys on this roster don't seem like a good fit. All in theory though, that's what preseason is for!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Wings we have above 6'4

Anderson
Brown Jr.
Stanley

The options vs him, I think unless his defense is Melo like (which is where your point is valid) you need to test him out for sure. I'm just saying he seems like a natural fit, while the other guys on this roster don't seem like a good fit. All in theory though, that's what preseason is for!

Our current team has the lowest team 3pt FG% in the league (counting last season played, Nunn 2 yrs ago but this include AD's 18%)
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Wings we have above 6'4

Anderson
Brown Jr.
Stanley

My comment specifically relates to the notion of him starting. A measured approach would look to vet from the bench with a ramp-up of minutes over the season - better formula for his eventual success.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:55 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Megaton wrote:

He don't look like Mihm lol, Mihm look like that dude in Euphoria, this dude got round face. Btw saw Mihm with 2 fine hunnies at that multilevel Irish spot in hollywood/sunset (can't remember name) in his heyday

young pelinka
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

He's making shots with guys in his shirt. Everyone knows he can shoot and he's making shots despite being defended tightly. How else did he have 2 4-point plays in the last game?

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:42 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

He's making shots with guys in his shirt. Everyone knows he can shoot and he's making shots despite being defended tightly. How else did he have 2 4-point plays in the last game?

Let alone gravity. That means his man cannot help defend other players and is completely out of the team defense picture. You cannot leave Swider open at all.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:08 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Hey, mike @ lakersground.net, can you suspend megaton for 2 weeks?

Explain how they are illogical. Instead of calling for bans on people with different opinions than yours.

If you're feeling "provoked" over a stranger on an internet for not praising a player that one person doesn't feel deserves it, that's YOUR problem, not mine.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

or even go big with Bron at the 2 and AD at the 3, Swider and T.Bryant up front for the shooting

As far as 4th quarter lineups are concerned, we can easily go with:

Austin Reaves
Lonnie Walker?
Cole Swider
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Some good shooting there assuming Reaves improves.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Hey, mike _at_ lakersground.net, can you suspend megaton for 2 weeks?

Explain how they are illogical. Instead of calling for bans on people with different opinions than yours.

If you're feeling "provoked" over a stranger on an internet for not praising a player that one person doesn't feel deserves it, that's YOUR problem, not mine.

The Anthony Brown comparison isn't a good one, especially when he didn't have these kind of summer league performances and Swider is making all sorts of contested shots vs. NBA size. Brown couldn't make that adjustment as easily since he was an older prospect. Also, Brown was a better connective passer and far better defender. But, Swider is already showing he's over that initial hump that Brown couldn't get over vs NBA contests.

But no, I cannot ban over a disagreement.

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject:

@MikeLG, His Anthony Brown comment was about Max, not Swider.
He's in love with Swider.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
@MikeLG, His Anthony Brown comment was about Max, not Swider.
He's in love with Swider.

Max Christie? That's an even worse comp then. Brown was a 44% arc shooter his last year at Stanford so at least it would make sense.

Christie and Anthony Brown are polar opposite prospects. Younger v older. Aggressive v reluctant. non-NBA frame vs NBA frame. Yeesh.

ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

If you vouch for him then I'll go along with you, but we both know NBA wings are way quicker, longer and more skilled that G-League/college defenders.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10
Jump to: