LONNIE WALKER IV signs with Nets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:16 am    Post subject:

Didn't Lonnie light Memphis up 1 game this season?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:11 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Didn't Lonnie light Memphis up 1 game this season?

He played well against them in the first game, scoring 21 points on 7 for 15 shooting (5 for 10 from three).

He played poorly against them in the second game a week later, scoring 6 points on 3 for 9 shooting (0 for 4 from three).
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject:

It almost feels like we alternate games between Beas and Lonnie to see which one of them can get hot if at all
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:52 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
It almost feels like we alternate games between Beas and Lonnie to see which one of them can get hot if at all

I doubt that would matter.

Walker and Beasley are both hit-and-miss players. If they do well or poorly in one game, it doesn't predict how they will do in the next. So I don't think you really gain anything by alternating them.

I also don't think Hamm is wrong to stick with Beasley as a 10-minute a game guy. You can expect some 0 for 2 nights, but he'll have an outburst now and then. He's the kind of player who is going to frustrate fans, but I'd say the same thing about Walker. Overall, I'd say Beasley is better than Walker, though neither is anythingh special.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:57 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
av3773 wrote:

Walker and Beasley are both hit-and-miss players. If they do well or poorly in one game, it doesn't predict how they will do in the next. So I don't think you really gain anything by alternating them.

I also don't think Hamm is wrong to stick with Beasley as a 10-minute a game guy. You can expect some 0 for 2 nights, but he'll have an outburst now and then. He's the kind of player who is going to frustrate fans, but I'd say the same thing about Walker. Overall, I'd say Beasley is better than Walker, though neither is anythingh special.

I would argue if you stretch that 10 mins to 3 for Russell, 3 for Denis, 2 for Reaves, and 2 for Troy you would be at your best as a whole. Troys defense, rebounding, and even shooting percentage was better than them. Just shorten the rotation and use him more with a guard in at all times.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:19 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
av3773 wrote:

I’m not surprised Ham doesn’t want to upset the apple cart at this point. I still think Beasley, who has been bad, has a higher ceiling as a spacer than Walker. I wouldn’t shake a fist at Walker minutes because of Beasley’s struggles, but people clamoring for it should temper expectations because Walker isn’t good either.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:29 am    Post subject:

damn klutch tax. shoulda signed divicenzo with the mle
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:36 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
av3773 wrote:

What's the impact of an "outburst" in the current context though? 10-15 minutes a night and he shoots 1-2 3s a game. His gravity has largely been predicated on volume in the past.

That said, switching over to Lonnie may be a bit of a desperation move and they're not there.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:54 pm    Post subject:

We're missing out on stuff like this while Ham plays Beasley over Walker

https://twitter.com/SpeakContext/status/1650294888225808389
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:00 pm    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:

Nah…Beas had his chance, the ship has sailed for him…it’s time for LW4 to get the chance to see if he can recapture the performances he had for the Lakers before he got injured. Don’t alternate LW4 and Beas, just go with LW4 and support him for a few games with 10-15 minutes…the minutes can be ramped up if he responds favorably. Give Beas the DNPs Walker was getting then decline his option this summer.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Ham is going to ride it out with Beas since they are up 3-1.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:08 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
activeverb wrote:
av3773 wrote:

I’m not surprised Ham doesn’t want to upset the apple cart at this point. I still think Beasley, who has been bad, has a higher ceiling as a spacer than Walker. I wouldn’t shake a fist at Walker minutes because of Beasley’s struggles, but people clamoring for it should temper expectations because Walker isn’t good either.

That's the way I look at it. Beasley hasn't been very good. But Walker doesn't necessarily give you anything more. I'm pretty indifferent to which of these guys play
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:12 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:

What's the impact of an "outburst" in the current context though? 10-15 minutes a night and he shoots 1-2 3s a game. His gravity has largely been predicated on volume in the past. .

That's true. But he's the kind of guy who always have the potential to hit 3 or 4 threes in a row. Wouldn't shock me to see him win a playoff game for us amid all the 0 for 2 stints.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:21 pm    Post subject:

I'd give him a few minutes late in the 1st and see if he can get it going. Can't be worse than what Beasley has shown

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:48 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
I'd give him a few minutes late in the 1st and see if he can get it going. Can't be worse than what Beasley has shown

Actually he can.
50/50.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Number 4! When he's hitting his jumpers and mixing it up with those big finishes at the rim, he gives me Byron Scott flashbacks.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Lonnie Walker IV, the pride of Reading, PA which I have a soft spot for despite it being a rough place.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Expecting Beasley to do something different after 2 months isn’t a good gamble imo. However, expecting LW4 to do what he did for two months in Nov/Dec is a decent gamble.

Beas has been given more than his chance and has not delivered. But When Lonnie was given his chance as a starter for two months he delivered. LW4 has not been given a chance since returning from injury. It’s time for a change at least benching Beasley and moving on from him.

LW4 may or may not get back to where he was and may not get the chance, but Beasley should have played his last minute in a Laker uniform. It’s just been too long and too bad to continue to have hope for something different.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:27 pm    Post subject:

I know he hit some shots today but I wasn't really impressed with his garbage time minutes today. Beas was putting more effort on defense and hustling than him. Ultimately I think TBJ should be getting the minutes these dudes get. I'd even probably rather see Christie than Beas/LW4. That said, if you put a gun to my head forced me to put one of Beas/LW4 on the court, I probably would go with LW4 at this point.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:25 am    Post subject:

Lonnie’s issue remains that he’s small and not the most dedicated/able defender to boot. Replacing MB with Lonnie isn’t ideal. I have been wanting Ham to shorten his rotation instead (and play Wenyen some more with the LBJ/Rui lineups), which was a very welcome sight to see tonight.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:07 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I know he hit some shots today but I wasn't really impressed with his garbage time minutes today. Beas was putting more effort on defense and hustling than him. Ultimately I think TBJ should be getting the minutes these dudes get. I'd even probably rather see Christie than Beas/LW4. That said, if you put a gun to my head forced me to put one of Beas/LW4 on the court, I probably would go with LW4 at this point.

I don’t know if there would be that much of a difference, but…if LW4 plays like he did for the 2 months before his injury, and Beasley plays like he has for the last 2 months…it does look like there would be a significant difference in production with plays that contribute to the Lakers winning with LW4 over Beasley.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:10 am    Post subject:

Lonnie is a ball hog. Always looking to shoot firs, shoot second, and maybe pass third.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:54 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Lonnie is a ball hog. Always looking to shoot firs, shoot second, and maybe pass third.

Then Lonnie as the Lou Williams scorer off the bench in the role Austin Reaves used to have before becoming a starter would be perfect for him then. Schro and Lonnie as our bench backcourt would be much more effective than Schro and Beasley.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:03 am    Post subject:

Feel like guys come over and their 3p% plummets. Doesn't feel that way with LWIV. I think he's earned a little more time on the court. He's only 24, but keeping himself ready even when not playing. Good mentality, and I hope he keeps it his whole career because it will serve him well.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:07 am    Post subject:

Lonnie is definitely better than Beasley that’s for sure.

Beasley should never see the floor again in the playoffs unless it’s garbage time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 27 of 41
Jump to: