LONNIE WALKER IV signs with Nets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I know he was -10 today but holy (bleep) he had some MASSIVE buckets to keep that lead in the double digits. What a story.

He had to fill in for DS, great game by Walker
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:05 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
tox wrote:
I know he was -10 today but holy (bleep) he had some MASSIVE buckets to keep that lead in the double digits. What a story.

I'm happy LW4 has resurrected his career. We need to keep this guy. High character BALLER!
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:05 pm    Post subject:

LW4.....in my opinion, he hit the two or three biggest shots in the game right when we really needed them
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:06 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
tox wrote:

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:21 pm    Post subject:

13 points!
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Quiet 13. He's going to big next round, I can see him matching up with Brown
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 12:02 am    Post subject:

Heโ€™s a much more complete player who can shoot, attack the basket, get to the foul line, handle the ball, and even play decent defense.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 3:05 am    Post subject:

So many "Im HIM" guys on this team. Young guys that have shown they can produce in the postseason: Reaves, Rui, LW4. D'Lo has not disappointed and Vando has had his moments. Compare these young guys to someone like Kuzma, who also seems to be a mental choker similar to RANDALL and its clear we got lucky with young guys who are not afraid of the moment
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 3:35 am    Post subject:

A bench backcourt of him and Schroder is really nice and complimentary, especially if you put a shooter in Christie next to them as well

Need to re-sign them both
#18 next...
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 9:40 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
gng930 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
epic_ wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
Lonnie bro, time to remind everyone who you are. Lonnie Walker IV game 2.0

Honestly I thought tonight was him reminding us who he is.

The combination of the last game and this game is exactly who Lonnie is. He's an inconsistent player who can explode one game and disappear the next. He's been that way his whole 5-year career. And that's the primary reason that the Spurs let him go. They thought he was too inconsistent to become a significant NBA player.

Would you say Dennis is any more consistent?

At this point, Dennis is a savvy veteran who can do a lot of different things for you. He's a lot better overall than Lonnie.

Lonnie offers athleticism and offense outbursts. He's up and down like this thread.

When Lonnie has a good night, people flood in here to talk about how he's going to be the next big thing. When he has a bad night, it's a ghost town here. That's true of the threads about a lot of role players

Lol. Nobody in here is saying next big thing. They are saying is this guy worth keeping with a the 7 million or so we can offer.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 9:59 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
gng930 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
epic_ wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
Lonnie bro, time to remind everyone who you are. Lonnie Walker IV game 2.0

Honestly I thought tonight was him reminding us who he is.

The combination of the last game and this game is exactly who Lonnie is. He's an inconsistent player who can explode one game and disappear the next. He's been that way his whole 5-year career. And that's the primary reason that the Spurs let him go. They thought he was too inconsistent to become a significant NBA player.

Would you say Dennis is any more consistent?

At this point, Dennis is a savvy veteran who can do a lot of different things for you. He's a lot better overall than Lonnie.

Lonnie offers athleticism and offense outbursts. He's up and down like this thread.

When Lonnie has a good night, people flood in here to talk about how he's going to be the next big thing. When he has a bad night, it's a ghost town here. That's true of the threads about a lot of role players

Lol. Nobody in here is saying next big thing. They are saying is this guy worth keeping with a the 7 million or so we can offer.

I'd gladly keep him at 7mil or so. He's still young, athletic clay that can be molded into a very productive player. At that number, I'd give him a three year contract and assure him that he's a part of our team going forth.

He's still maturing as a young man. I'd provide him with a super supportive atmosphere for the next two or three years at that number. An immediate future backcourt of Walker, Russell, Reaves, Dennis & Christie is nice. And the only one over 30 is Dennis.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 10:07 am    Post subject:

Way to step up in the GS series. Key player in the series.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 10:10 am    Post subject:

He will be important against Denver. Heโ€™s got the size to defend Murray
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 10:15 am    Post subject:

Walker is fantastic in the role as the Lou Williams of the team coming of the bench scorer.

It was the role Austin Reaves had till he was moved to the starting lineup and Lonnie has filled it well.

It shouldn't have taken this long of course for him to get the opportunity but the most important thing is he TOOK advantage of that opportunity and is now firmly in the rotation. I am glad for that!
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 10:43 am    Post subject:

He's a better defender than I realized. He's got game and he should get some good minutes this series. He was great for us in the last one.

54%/39%/75% and 10 ppg in 20 mpg
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
He's a better defender than I realized. He's got game and he should get some good minutes this series. He was great for us in the last one.

Were you expecting him to play like a middle school student on defense?
Cuz his defense is trash.
Fortunately, he brought it on offense.
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ– #18!!!
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:

He has the tools to be a good individual defender but still lacks defensive awareness in a team concept. Darvin was able to simplify his role by just having him chase shooters and his wiry athleticism helps him navigate screens. I'm still not sold on him as a regular two-way contributor. He's the guy you put out there to get you buckets when the offense is stalling. It doesn't seem like much but when defenses clamp down in the half-court in crunch time, it's a nice luxury.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 5:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Walker is fantastic in the role as the Lou Williams of the team coming of the bench scorer.

It was the role Austin Reaves had till he was moved to the starting lineup and Lonnie has filled it well.

It shouldn't have taken this long of course for him to get the opportunity but the most important thing is he TOOK advantage of that opportunity and is now firmly in the rotation. I am glad for that!

He had an excellent playoff series. Up to now, he looked like a goner next season. If he keeps playing well in the playoffs, the Lakers might make him an offer.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 5:25 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
MJST wrote:

He had an excellent playoff series. Up to now, he looked like a goner next season. If he keeps playing well in the playoffs, the Lakers might make him an offer.

Yeah, an offer of a vet min.

We donโ€™t have his bird rights. And Reaves, DLO and Rui are the biggest priority resignings for us.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Pic in tweet:

Steph gave Lonnie Walker IV a signed jersey with the message, โ€œWill never forgive your for Game 4โ€ฆโ€ ๐Ÿ˜…

https://twitter.com/Balldontlie/status/1657567639701716993

Steph has a heck of a sense of humor
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 9:33 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Pic in tweet:

Steph gave Lonnie Walker IV a signed jersey with the message, โ€œWill never forgive your for Game 4โ€ฆโ€ ๐Ÿ˜…

Impossible to hate Steph.๐Ÿคฃ

#BannersOverBillboards
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
activeverb wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yeah, an offer of a vet min.

We donโ€™t have his bird rights. And Reaves, DLO and Rui are the biggest priority resignings for us.

We don't have his bird rights but we could offer him a 10% raise of his current salary which would come to about $7 million. Personally, I don't think he's going to get an offer that big, and I don't think we'll make him an offer that big.

In any case, all this talk is due to the giddiness some people have about his performance in the last playoff series. We'll see if that continues or if he comes back down to earth against the Nugget and this thread becomes a ghost town.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 4:22 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Theseus wrote:

Were you expecting him to play like a middle school student on defense?
Cuz his defense is trash.
Fortunately, he brought it on offense.

How on earth was his defense trash in this series? He did an excellent job executing the scheme as a chaser. He might have been our best defender on Klay.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 4:33 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
drae wrote:
Pic in tweet:

Impossible to hate Steph.๐Ÿคฃ

Class act through and through and LWIV will have that forever knowing his game 4 changed the course of a series against the dynasty Warriors.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 4:46 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow23_ wrote:
How on earth was his defense trash in this series? He did an excellent job executing the scheme as a chaser. He might have been our best defender on Klay.

Playoffs are about matchups. We all know this, but it's easy to forget it in the heat of the games. By all accounts, Lonnie is a really good guy and has a really good attitude. I would be happy to see him succeed. However, he has a long track record as a poor defender. It will take more than a handful of playoff games with a particular matchup to shake that reputation.

Remember that Hachimura was the toast of Laker Nation in the Memphis series. He played okay against the Warriors, but the matchups were not as favorable. We'll see if Lonnie has an impact against the Nuggets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 39 of 41
Jump to: