Kyrie Irving - Staying in Dallas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
this all points to Kyrie being here.

I’m actually believing the opposite.

Kyrie letting it be clear it’s all about the highest dollar sign.
Cuban guaranteed won’t do any favors and would rather deal with Steve Balmer before Jeanie
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:46 pm    Post subject:

I do wonder what involvement if any does Lebron have to do with this? Even if there was a realistic trade to be had for Lebron to Dallas that doesn't seem like a situation where Lebron would succeed. Mavs were already the worst defensive team after the Kyrie trade. I don't think Luka/Lebron/Kyrie and minimum players is anything close to a championship contender. It doesn't seem realistic that Lebron would want to go from LA to Dallas just to lose.

Feels like either Lebron is trying to gain some level of leverage to pressure the Lakers to trade for Kyrie, or Kyrie went rogue with this. Would Kyrie really push the Mavs to try to trade for Lebron with no knowledge from Lebron? That would seem odd as well. It is Kyrie so you never know with him.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

*Kyrie signs 4yr deal with Dallas*

“This all points to Kyrie being here”
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:50 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Cuban guaranteed won’t do any favors and would rather deal with Steve Balmer before Jeanie

that would be great if they maxed him out.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:59 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

If the Clippers had draft picks they could make a good offer for Kyrie.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:04 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
I do wonder what involvement if any does Lebron have to do with this? Even if there was a realistic trade to be had for Lebron to Dallas that doesn't seem like a situation where Lebron would succeed. Mavs were already the worst defensive team after the Kyrie trade. I don't think Luka/Lebron/Kyrie and minimum players is anything close to a championship contender. It doesn't seem realistic that Lebron would want to go from LA to Dallas just to lose.

Feels like either Lebron is trying to gain some level of leverage to pressure the Lakers to trade for Kyrie, or Kyrie went rogue with this. Would Kyrie really push the Mavs to try to trade for Lebron with no knowledge from Lebron? That would seem odd as well. It is Kyrie so you never know with him.

You might see lots of vets like Lopez/Clarkson taking a big paycut to go play in Dallas
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:27 pm    Post subject:

If you swap Kyrie in for DLO this season (while still having Vanderbilt, Rui, etc.), do we win the championship? One way of thinking about it is that we lost the Nuggets games by a few points each with DLO averaging 6.3 ppg in the series. So Kyrie even averaging 16 would make them all victories.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:35 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

If the Clippers had draft picks they could make a good offer for Kyrie.

With the clippers it's always the if story 😂

If they were healthy
If they had picks
If they had a decent gm 😂
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:
bron for Luka.

Fixed.

If they want LeBron. They give us Luka. No compromises.

Luka, reaves, Rui is a nice base.

With AD too! That’d be crazy huh? Talk about flipping the league on its head! Could Kyrie really be serious tho? Surely he’s just being passive aggressive ego tripping like why should I join you LBJ? You should join me cause I’m a bigger star lol! Kyrie is just trying to get paid is the most likely cause tho.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:
bron for Luka.

Fixed.

With AD too! That’d be crazy huh? Talk about flipping the league on its head! Could Kyrie really be serious tho? Surely he’s just being passive aggressive ego tripping like why should I join you LBJ? You should join me cause I’m a bigger star lol! Kyrie is just trying to get paid is the most likely cause tho.

I doubt Cuban would just say: great idea Kyrie, let's trade our franchise player Luka for 39yr old lebron and ur build around ur fickle head
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:45 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
If you swap Kyrie in for DLO this season (while still having Vanderbilt, Rui, etc.), do we win the championship? One way of thinking about it is that we lost the Nuggets games by a few points each with DLO averaging 6.3 ppg in the series. So Kyrie even averaging 16 would make them all victories.

I get why many don’t want Kyrie on the Lakers…I think 🤔…but make no mistake about it, if he doesn’t flake out, which is a significant enough risk to consider, it would make the team much better.

I’m not against it like many others tho. I’m just not willing to make certain sacrifices for it and would prefer running the exact team back instead of losing either of: Schro/AR/Rui/LBJ/AD. I’d like to keep Mo/Vandi/LWIV too but none of them would be deal killers.

And it’s not that I think Schro is all that…I just want to maintain a back up PG that has shown he can be at least somewhat effective as a starter in an emergency.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dave McMenamin pretty much said everything reported today was a bunch of bs floated around by Kyrie’s camp.

https://twitter.com/JohnnyNBA/status/1665881196755025920

Might as well come to the Lakers if you want to reunite.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:
bron for Luka.

Fixed.

I doubt Cuban would just say: great idea Kyrie, let's trade our franchise player Luka for 39yr old lebron and ur build around ur fickle head

Oh no doubt, it’s not happening. I’m just laughing at the parody!
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:
bron for Luka.

Fixed.

Oh no doubt, it’s not happening. I’m just laughing at the parody!

Lol true. It's just Kyrie looking to get paid
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:33 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Quote:
From the moment James hinted at retirement following the Lakers being swept by the Denver Nuggets in the Western Conference finals, there was a sense among those with and around the organization that his comments were partly a tactic to apply pressure on the franchise to make a significant roster upgrade this offseason. James’ preferred upgrade, many assumed, was Irving. But one team source indicated that James is not using Irving’s interest in playing with him as leverage to try to get the Lakers to trade for Irving this offseason.

From the Buha article today

James may well just want to get a better defensive big to combat Jokic, and a more reliable 3nD guard next to Reaves. It's not always Kyrie or bust. Think James understands his team has AD, Reaves, Rui, DLO etc. They have a lot of pieces. He has won a few rings and got a 4-0 beatdown from the Nuggets. He may just want pieces that would put his team over the Nuggets and other teams.

It doesn't have to be a Kyrie or bring everyone back thing. There's an option C. Bring some players back, and trade some players for an upgrade. Try to possibly upgrade also using the MLE or TP-MLE.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:53 am    Post subject:

Kyrie is not a Laker and I've already been tired of him for 3 seasons.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:29 am    Post subject:

Why do so many want a Luka, Tyrie, or any superstar? We're LINK close to being a contender with what we have. Getting a superstar might mean breaking up our core.

We don't need a superstar. We need decent perimeter shooters. I remember what we accomplished with the crew we have. A little tweak here and there would make us a serious contender without a superstar.

Give Wayne Ellington some PT to build his confidence. Look at Sweet Lou Williams. I know he's a bit long in tooth but he's still a sniper. There are good shooters becoming FA next season. Look around. Put the work in. Win now is what got us into the mess we're in. I can't emphasize enough how important patience is.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:46 am    Post subject:

Is patience called for with an aging star in Lebron who hasn’t been healthy in any full season here and could have foot surgery this offseason? Along with AD who has the same physical impairments but is a lesser player than Lebron? I actually agree that chasing a third star, particularly one as unreliable as Kyrie, isn’t the correct way to proceed. Especially if it includes trading young players/picks. Where I disagree is saying that the organization is close to a title, everything broke right for them this offseason and they ended up being swept. Lebron might have 2 seasons, same for AD. Let’s keep all of the current and potential assets for when we no longer have Lebron.
Rakim Allah
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:02 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Not if you take the ball out of Kyrie’s hands and turn him into a spot up shooter like the Lakers did with DLO in the West Finals. Are you going to ask Kyrie to make 3-pointers off EXIT SCREENS which equal baseline pin down screens set by the wing player for catch & shoot shots like the Lakers did with DLO, friend?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kyrie is not a Laker and I've already been tired of him for 3 seasons.

The funny part is once he signs his Dallas deal you’d think that would be the end of it. Just like the trade to Dallas should have been the end of it. But the season will start and Dallas will keep struggling and instead of feeling a sense of relief at the dodged bullet the same people will be clamoring at now getting him in a trade (for scraps, obviously.) That won’t happen and then it will really heat up at the deadline despite no reporting that this is anything we are interested in. Then that’ll pass and it will heat up again in the summer. We live in a world of perpetual, year round Kyrie rumors now. All because he hit a big shot 7 years ago.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:10 am    Post subject:

If Kyrie was so interested in playing with LBJ, maybe he shouldn't have fought his way out of the Cavs and into the journeyman position he is in now.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:21 am    Post subject:

BBall Index @The_BBall_Index

The top 10 in midrange talent this year.

1. DeRozan
2. Durant
3. Jokic
4. Fox
5. Luka
6. Embiid
7. Brunson
8. Booker
9. Kyrie
10. Dejounte Murray
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:27 am    Post subject:

Rakim Allah wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Not if you take the ball out of Kyrie’s hands and turn him into a spot up shooter like the Lakers did with DLO in the West Finals. Are you going to ask Kyrie to make 3-pointers off EXIT SCREENS which equal baseline pin down screens set by the wing player for catch & shoot shots like the Lakers did with DLO, friend?

Dlo and Kyrie are not the same player. Their usage and roles would be vastly different.

We had Dlo become a 3 point shooter because he was too weak and slow to get past the physical defenders that Memphis and GSW had.

Against the nuggets he actually had a better offensive matchup but they went at him on the defensive end which played him off the floor and affected his shooting.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:40 am    Post subject:

Rakim Allah wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

what makes you think they would take the ball out of Kyrie's hand? Kyrie is a lot better than DLO in terms of isolation plays, and they are not even in the same ball park when it comes down to getting a basket off a broken play. most people here doesn't want Kyrie due to his salary(me included) and off court stuff, but there is no doubt he is a much better player than DLO
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:40 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Why do so many want a Luka, Tyrie, or any superstar? We're LINK close to being a contender with what we have. Getting a superstar might mean breaking up our core.

We don't need a superstar. We need decent perimeter shooters. I remember what we accomplished with the crew we have. A little tweak here and there would make us a serious contender without a superstar.

Give Wayne Ellington some PT to build his confidence. Look at Sweet Lou Williams. I know he's a bit long in tooth but he's still a sniper. There are good shooters becoming FA next season. Look around. Put the work in. Win now is what got us into the mess we're in. I can't emphasize enough how important patience is.

What in the world did I just read... Wayne Ellington and Lou Williams? You think those two are the difference in WCF versus # 18?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 69 of 72
Jump to: