NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 966, 967, 968 ... 2558, 2559, 2560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
27 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Chris Durate is older then Rui...

last year he was dynamic duo with Haliburton. what happened this year? his mins are down from 28 to 17

He was ballin for them last year too, looked like a great player. My only assumption is that Bennedict Mathurin came in and looked better so they wanted to focus on him

I'd love to get Duarte but, again, I dont see Pacers making a fair deal with the Lakers.

we don't need a fair deal. if there are players that can be had that makes us title contenders you have to it. there isn't a one foot in one foot out scenario.

"I think Trae will want out after the season,"

- NBA source on Trae Young

this is the guy

Sure, but my point with the Pacers is that they wouldnt even trade with us unless we our overpaying any other offer by a mile.

I agree, if Trae is available, you do anything to get him. i doubt we have enough but I didn't see the Rui trade coming so who knows.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Trae is championship kryptonite.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:44 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
27 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

last year he was dynamic duo with Haliburton. what happened this year? his mins are down from 28 to 17

He was ballin for them last year too, looked like a great player. My only assumption is that Bennedict Mathurin came in and looked better so they wanted to focus on him

I'd love to get Duarte but, again, I dont see Pacers making a fair deal with the Lakers.

we don't need a fair deal. if there are players that can be had that makes us title contenders you have to it. there isn't a one foot in one foot out scenario.

this is the guy

Sure, but my point with the Pacers is that they wouldnt even trade with us unless we our overpaying any other offer by a mile.

I agree, if Trae is available, you do anything to get him. i doubt we have enough but I didn't see the Rui trade coming so who knows.

I mean Mitchell got like 3 unprotected 1sts plus TWO pick swaps and some young talent. Just don't see anyway we can land Trae. Seems like a trade the Knicks would go all out for.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:45 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

I see where you're coming from but I think he can thrive here. He's a spotlight guy he will flourish in the big market. With a (healthy) AD and LeBron...i like those chances a lot. We'd need some defenders to help make up for his deficiencies to make it work.

In any case, I dont see a realistic chance in getting him
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:45 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Is he? He did make it to the ECF in 2021.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:52 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

I’d trade Russ + 2 unprotected picks for him
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:53 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

The thing with Trae is that the team has to be tailor-made for him. Other dudes have to be willing to live with his weaknesses and make sacrifices for him to be successful. Even if he is undersized and a liability on defense, the modern game seems to favor his playstyle. I do think the addition of DJM wrecked the spacing for the Hawks and obscured Trae's impact this season. It was such a horrendous trade, and the result is Trae shooting his worst percentages since his rookie year. Other than that, he's been a relatively efficient player over the years, despite what people are saying about him.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

That's insane
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:09 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

That's insane

πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:09 pm    Post subject:

NBACentral
@TheNBACentral
Report: Lakers showing interest in Mike Conley and Eric Gordon
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:11 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
NBACentral
@TheNBACentral
Report: Lakers showing interest in Mike Conley and Eric Gordon

Said their agents.
I would actually take a healthy Mike. Since our 2023/24 cap plans seem like they're going to the wayside.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:13 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Brooklyn #Nets are working on trading Seth Curry, Joe Harris and Patty Mills. - The Ringer

These are the three, pure 3P% shooters on the team and the Nets have no problem trading them away. It is yet another example of how outside shooting isn't the #1 priority for an organization with championship aspirations. I hope the Laker front office is just as wise when it comes to making these decisions.

They don’t need all 3 and their stars are among the best in nba from the 3,
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

NBACentral
@TheNBACentral

Teams that would have interest in Fred VanVleet:

Heat
Lakers
Clippers
Timberwolves
Mavericks
Suns
Wizards
Magic

Have to hope that Van Fleet wants to go to the Lakers and Toronto will do right by it’s player and send him where he wants to go.

Toronto is a good organization.. so they probably would. Guess it would depend on where Van Fleet wants to go. He should be the top target for the Lakers.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Trae will become the new Dame where reports of him possibly wanting out come out annually and he comes out and re-iterates his loyalty to ATL.

Someone has to replace the loyal Dame, who could be retiring soon.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Seeing on twitter that Bulls will accept Russ/2 first for Zach Lavine trending.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject:

aiel wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
aiel wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
This team needs defense badly. Old Bojan doesn’t help that

Agree, it's crazy to me that people keep wanting more offense while completely ignoring why we lose games. Again, we were destroyed on the boards. The player available is Poetl, who pairs with Davis and Bryant better than Turner.

I’d honestly just look at Plumlee for cheap rather than paying big time for Poeltl, if we look to go that way

Plumlee doesn't solve our defensive and rebounding issues.

This is what a spurs fan wrote about Poeltl

"He's a premier rim protector. Like extremely good. Not just at blocking shots but just positioning himself to deter drives in the first place. He's big and bulky enough, with good enough footwork to be a very good defender in the post, but is extremely underrated when it comes to his perimeter defense. He's no Evan mobley, but he moves his feet much better than you would ever expect at his size and heft. Plenty of point guards have licked their chops. When pulling him out to the perimeter in the past only to be surprised when he is been able to recover for a great contest or a shot block on the drive.

You would be hard pressed to find too many players who screen better than Jacob. Screen assists are a very underrated part of a center's job and he does it immaculately.

He's a true elite offensive rebounder

He's turned into a great passer. Particularly from the high post. He's extremely good at picking out cutters and guys coming off screens in particular. San Antonio often runs their offense through him. They will get him the ball early and allow him to hold towards the top while players start dashing around screens and cutting. Trusting him to essentially decide where he wants the ball to go next and how the offense should develop."

He'll also help extend Davis' career by handling more of the physical pounding.

That's a great analysis if true. I'd be on board with maybe lotto-protected pick considering his impending free agency status. Tough to stomach losing out on anything more than that.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
27 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

this is the guy

Trae Young is not the guy. Another high volume inefficient chucker who don’t play defense. 6’1 midget too.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Is he? He did make it to the ECF in 2021.

It was a pretty toothless run if you recall.

Beat a Knicks team built around Julius Randle, who melted down in the playoffs.

Then a Sixers team that basically outchoked them in the semis. Embiid was playing on an injured knee and Ben Simmons had the meltdown to end all meltdowns, refusing to shoot layups. Add all time coaching choker Doc Rivers and it's not the most impressive victory.

Then they ran into a well-coached team who knew exactly how to stop a Trae Young team and beat them handily.

Here's the problem with Trae: he's only a net positive player if he's dominating the ball. This generates good offense, but not elite offense, and the Hawks would have to be SSOL-era Suns being head and shoulders over the league to compensate for their defensive kyrptonite: Trae. Hunt him to death for basket after easy basket.

Even if he could grow his game more offensively (which he hasn't really done other than when he was getting annoyingly good at drawing cheap fouls), the Hawks paid out the nose for Dejounte just to get the ball out of Trae's hands. because his style of play was killing team chemistry. His teammates were openly calling him out. He was the anti-Steve Nash, looking for his own shot first and his teammates 2nd. Now Dejounte is here putting up good numbers, but Trae's have fallen, mostly because he just stands around when he doesn't have the ball in his hands.

I wouldn't trade Trae for Russ straight up. Russ at least cuts to the basket and screens. And for all we complain about his defense, he's still waaay better than Trae. Plus Russ expires soon. I would hate being stuck with Trae. No team will ever win with him on their team unless he's a 6th man.Β 

If anything, i'd be trading for non-Trae guys on the Hawks. I think he (and their fairly mediocre coach) have depressed the value of every one on that team. John Collins is mightily distressed asset who will look great on another team.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:51 pm    Post subject:

I'd steer clear of Trae. No defense. Inefficient. And he needs the ball in his hands. He needs the ball in his hands.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:55 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
I'd steer clear of Trae. No defense. Inefficient. And he needs the ball in his hands. He needs the ball in his hands.

But it's going to be so fun when teams hunt Trae.
farzadkavari
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Would u guys do 2 first and russ for zach lavine? Seems like bulls willing to accept that.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:23 pm    Post subject:

farzadkavari wrote:
Would u guys do 2 first and russ for zach lavine? Seems like bulls willing to accept that.

On talent, i would def take him over Trae. But he's a walking ACL Tear Time Bomb and he's way overpaid.

Trae
Lavine
Beal

To me, are all Do Not Trade For.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:23 pm    Post subject:

farzadkavari wrote:

I'm starting to lean yes, which is crazy and scary.

What about Russ, Bryant, Lonnie + 2FRP for Zach + Vuc?

Last edited by epic_ on Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:24 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
farzadkavari wrote:

I'm starting to lean yes, which is crazy and scary.

What about Russ, Bryant, Lonnie + 2FRP for Zach + Vuc?

TB is a laker for life!

I can see something like Russ/DJ/2 first for Zach/Caruso.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:43 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
joeblow wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Brooklyn #Nets are working on trading Seth Curry, Joe Harris and Patty Mills. - The Ringer

These are the three, pure 3P% shooters on the team and the Nets have no problem trading them away. It is yet another example of how outside shooting isn't the #1 priority for an organization with championship aspirations. I hope the Laker front office is just as wise when it comes to making these decisions.

They don’t need all 3 and their stars are among the best in nba from the 3,

It's not that they need all three. It's that they are offering all of them up for a trade.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 966, 967, 968 ... 2558, 2559, 2560  Next
Page 967 of 2560
Jump to: