NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1054, 1055, 1056 ... 2609, 2610, 2611  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

27.1 PPG
5.1 RPG
5.3 APG
49% FG
37% 3FG on 8.7 attempts
88% FT
60% TS
1.0 SPG

Holy cow these some crazy stats from kyrie

When LeBron still talks about Irving till this day then you know how good Irving is, both need each other

They complemented eachother perfectly…truly was a case of “you don’t know what you have until it’s gone”
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject:

@AH - Which is why I only give up both FRPs if either Ky extends on a team-friendly deal or we get another rotation piece.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:01 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
Which is why I only give up both FRPs if either Ky extends on a team-friendly deal or we get another rotation piece.

A team-friendly deal is what Kyrie just turned down and was so offended by he asked out. I wouldn’t count on him doing us any favors.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:03 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
gng930 wrote:
Which is why I only give up both FRPs if either Ky extends on a team-friendly deal or we get another rotation piece.

A team-friendly deal is what Kyrie just turned down and was so offended by he asked out. I wouldn’t count on him doing us any favors.

Nobody knows the parameters of that deal
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:05 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
gng930 wrote:

I'm not totally certain the Nets negotiated in good faith. Otherwise, we move on. I don't quite share your distaste for Kyrie but that's doesn't mean I think we should go all in either without some additional concessions.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
In which case, I’ll give ‘em the smoke.

You think that you're giving us smoke?

Festus leave Matt Dillon alone.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
ocho wrote:
gng930 wrote:

We don’t know ALL of the details but we know enough of them. The kind of deal you’d want him on (if you’d want him at all) is short on years with some stipulations and incentives to hit in case he destroys your season the way he’s done a few times. He’s clearly not looking for that. There’s almost no market for him. We might be the only ones. Remember his last trade demand? It was only a few months ago. He was going to opt out and take our tMLE. Except it was a total bluff, he couldn’t find a team that wanted him and he opted in. He’s out hunting for a sucker and maybe Rob is it. We’ll see.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Jovan also states that the Lakers do not want to include Reaves or Christie in any package. Beverly and Lonnie are being shipped to expand this deal to be larger and in separate packages altogether.

Good. We need to hold on to those two.

I agree. Potential quality starters in the league.
Lets not overpay if the situation allows for us to underpay.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully this means we're not getting Bamba.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:21 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

we aren’t getting Bamba we are getting Austin Rivers and Doc Rivers as part of a package deal according to multiple sources I spoke with at dinner
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:

we aren’t getting Bamba we are getting Austin Rivers and Doc Rivers as part of a package deal according to multiple sources I spoke with at dinner

Oh nice. Can we also get River's in-law?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:24 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
ocho wrote:
gng930 wrote:

We don’t know ALL of the details but we know enough of them. The kind of deal you’d want him on (if you’d want him at all) is short on years with some stipulations and incentives to hit in case he destroys your season the way he’s done a few times. He’s clearly not looking for that. There’s almost no market for him. We might be the only ones. Remember his last trade demand? It was only a few months ago. He was going to opt out and take our tMLE. Except it was a total bluff, he couldn’t find a team that wanted him and he opted in. He’s out hunting for a sucker and maybe Rob is it. We’ll see.

This narrative is so tired. The fact is, due to Jeanie and Rob’s mismanagement, we’re currently in the worst possible position as a franchise: bereft of tradable assets and a garbage roster surrounding our two aging, oft-injured superstars. It doesn’t get much worse than our present in terms of overall trajectory.

I don’t love the idea of trading for Kyrie, but at least doing so would be committing to a direction. I would also be open to the idea of trading LeBron and AD and going into a rebuild, but we all know Jeanie would never do that. So swinging for the fences with Kyrie is the best of a bunch of subpar options. It gives you an outside shot at a title of everything breaks right. More than can be said at present.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
It gives you an outside shot at a title of everything breaks right.

Like it’s helping Brooklyn?
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:30 pm    Post subject:

With this renewed Lakers interest on Kyrie Irving, can we instead pursue GTJ instead of FVV?

What are the possible trade scenarios for LAL to acquire both Kyrie & GTJ?
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
ocho wrote:
gng930 wrote:

C'mon man...you know even within those parameters that's a very wide range that could still include something downright insulting to any reasonable person. And as you noted it's questionable they really even want him at all.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject:

jankobe wrote:
With this renewed Lakers interest on Kyrie Irving, can we instead pursue GTJ instead of FVV?

This is exactly what I proposed hours ago. We get those two, plus Young and Birch for matching purposes (Toronto must stay under the tax). The Nets get FVV and PatBev. The Raptors get RW, Walker, and our 2 FRP.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:38 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
ocho wrote:
gng930 wrote:

Nets had like a half season leverage to call his bluff at the time. Well let's see if the Nets willing to double down to see what Kyrie said about that he no longer wants tp accept a max contract extension from them is true... But if you double down. Chances are you lose everything for nothing. Or do you want to take a safe bet and still go home with some money in your pocket.

Last edited by miggz23 on Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:40 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
ocho wrote:
gng930 wrote:

We have read few pages of u bashing him for his off court nonsense. So I don’t really care for a baised opinion
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:42 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jankobe wrote:

This is exactly what I proposed hours ago. We get those two, plus Young and Birch for matching purposes (Toronto must stay under the tax). The Nets get FVV and PatBev. The Raptors get RW, Walker, and our 2 FRP.

Lakers - Kyrie, GTJ, Otto Porter
Nets - FVV, Walker, Bev, LAL 1FRP
Raptors - Westbrook, LAL 1FRP, LAL 2SRP

AD/Bryant
LBJ/Gabriel
Rui/TBJ
GTJ/Austin/Christie
Kyrie/Dennis

Reserve
JTA
DJ
Otto
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:43 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
ocho wrote:
gng930 wrote:

C'mon man...you know even within those parameters that's a very wide range that could still include something downright insulting to any reasonable person. And as you noted it's questionable they really even want him at all.

There hasn’t been any indication Brooklyn doesn’t want him. They’ve bent over backwards to accommodate him and gotten stabbed in the back by Kyrie time and again for their efforts. They offered him a full boat extension in 21 that he turned down (as did Harden.) They have thus far refused to trade him even when he has asked and even when he’s been a spectacular pain in the ass. There has been zero reporting that there was anything insulting in the offer. According to reports there was an incentive for winning a championship (something he’s not at all focused on, evidently) and it’s less years than he would like. His behavior over the summer and his behavior now point to one thing: he wants a max deal and he’s totally fine blowing up Brooklyn’s season to get it. So what makes you think he’s giving us a discount? Or fewer years? What makes you think he won’t (bleep) us over the next time he decides he doesn’t get his way? Why are we magically the one team he won’t make regret getting into the Kyrie Irving business?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
ocho wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
ocho wrote:
gng930 wrote:

We have read few pages of u bashing him for his off court nonsense. So I don’t really care for a baised opinion

Be fair. I’ve bashed him for his on court nonsense too.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:46 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

The Nets had the 2nd best record before KD went down. You don’t think swapping Russ for Kyrie and giving LeBron/AD all that spacing, let alone the explosive scoring punch, would put the Lakers in a similar position to win a ton of games and be a serious championship threat?

The Nets won 12 games in a row when they were rolling and 16-1 over 17 games. The Lakers will possibly play three more games before any traded players join the team. It’s possible that the Lakers could finish 20-6 over the final 26 games if they’re able to successfully swap Russ for shooting (another idea is Russ for FVV and GTJ).
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:47 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
ocho wrote:
gng930 wrote:

Nets had like a half season leverage to call his bluff at the time. Well let's see if the Nets willing to double down to see what Kyrie said about that he no longer wants tp accept a max contract extension from them is true... But if you double down. Chances are you lose everything for nothing. Or do you want to take a safe bet and still go home with some money in your pocket.

Unless he wants to be a Rocket or a Spur (and they wouldn’t want him anyway) it would still require him to take a paycut for spite. The Nets just saw this exact scenario play out. He’s about the money. That’s his right. This is a business. But my money is on him taking the higher offer.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:48 pm    Post subject:

I am no Kyrie fan, but his RAPTOR rating is on par with KD and better on offense. As a player when he actually plays, he is still an elite player. He shoots the ball great and would not provide spacing issues that we see with Westbrook He's more like a superstar version of what Monk when he played well last year, and we all saw what Monk was capable of when he went off. It fit in well. Meanwhile WB is a -2.5 Raptor rating vs Kyrie's + 5.8. They are worlds apart as players right now in their careers. In terms of upgrade it's big.

The reason not do this is that a) you think Kyrie will get a huge contract you will regret in 1-2 years b) you think post trade you won't have the role players to win you a ring, so you'll be wasting this year anyway and c) the payment to Nets is too rich (2 picks, taking on a bad contract etc).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:52 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

The Nets had the 2nd best record before KD went down. You don’t think swapping Russ for Kyrie and giving LeBron/AD all that spacing, let alone the explosive scoring punch, would put the Lakers in a similar position to win a ton of games and be a serious championship threat?

The Nets won 12 games in a row when they were rolling and 16-1 over 17 games. The Lakers will possibly play three more games before any traded players join the team. It’s possible that the Lakers could finish 20-6 over the final 26 games if they’re able to successfully swap Russ for shooting (another idea is Russ for FVV and GTJ).

Oh his skillset and talent is tantalizing on paper. I get why you guys want him. Just like the Celtics thought adding him to all their guys was going to put them over the top. Just like Brooklyn thought him and KD would be unstoppable. But in the end it was a lot of hype and Kyrie just (bleep) them all over. Just like he’s destroying Brooklyn’s season now. He doesn’t care about anyone but Kyrie. That’s what you’re signing up for.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1054, 1055, 1056 ... 2609, 2610, 2611  Next
Page 1055 of 2611
Jump to: