NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1055, 1056, 1057 ... 2564, 2565, 2566  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant, and James Harden have now all requested trades from the Brooklyn Nets in the past 13 months.

Wild. They should just move back to New Jersey.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:56 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant, and James Harden have now all requested trades from the Brooklyn Nets in the past 13 months.

They coddled these guys to such an extent and gave them everything they wanted and this is what they got in return.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Is it true that Bruv is mentioning 2 FRP and a 2028 pick swap? Man, if true, either his source is a moron, or Bruv is a moron.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Clippers Considering Buying Out John Wall?

The Clippers are are considering buying out John Wall, according to Andrew Greif.
(h/t @m_bilal35)

LINK

Last edited by Lakerfan 4 Life on Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:59 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:

They coddled these guys to such an extent and gave them everything they wanted and this is what they got in return.

Eh. I think the Nets FO leaves a lot to be desired. Something's going on over there.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:07 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
It gives you an outside shot at a title of everything breaks right.

Like it’s helping Brooklyn?

The Nets had the 2nd best record before KD went down. You don’t think swapping Russ for Kyrie and giving LeBron/AD all that spacing, let alone the explosive scoring punch, would put the Lakers in a similar position to win a ton of games and be a serious championship threat?

The Nets won 12 games in a row when they were rolling and 16-1 over 17 games. The Lakers will possibly play three more games before any traded players join the team. It’s possible that the Lakers could finish 20-6 over the final 26 games if they’re able to successfully swap Russ for shooting (another idea is Russ for FVV and GTJ).

Oh his skillset and talent is tantalizing on paper. I get why you guys want him. Just like the Celtics thought adding him to all their guys was going to put them over the top. Just like Brooklyn thought him and KD would be unstoppable. But in the end it was a lot of hype and Kyrie just (bleep) them all over. Just like he’s destroying Brooklyn’s season now. He doesn’t care about anyone but Kyrie. That’s what you’re signing up for.

I'm no Kyrie apologist, but in fairness, the Nets would've had a cakewalk 2021 NBA title if either one of Kyrie or Harden had stayed healthy for the playoffs alongside KD, let alone if both of them had. They barely, and I mean barely, lost to the eventual champion Bucks literally by about 2 or 3 inches in Game 7 in the East playoffs, and that was basically with KD only. Had they won that title, the rest would be considered gravy. Of course, they didn't, it fell apart in 2021-22, and after appearing like they might weather the 2022 summer storm, now who knows what will happen over the next 6 days.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Quote:
Clippers Considering Buying Out John Wall?

The Clippers are are considering buying out John Wall, according to Andrew Greif.
(h/t @m_bilal35)

Clippers gonna snatch kyrie
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Just imagine had we traded Westbrook for Wall last year? We would be even in a worse spot right now
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:12 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ocho wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

The Nets had the 2nd best record before KD went down. You don’t think swapping Russ for Kyrie and giving LeBron/AD all that spacing, let alone the explosive scoring punch, would put the Lakers in a similar position to win a ton of games and be a serious championship threat?

The Nets won 12 games in a row when they were rolling and 16-1 over 17 games. The Lakers will possibly play three more games before any traded players join the team. It’s possible that the Lakers could finish 20-6 over the final 26 games if they’re able to successfully swap Russ for shooting (another idea is Russ for FVV and GTJ).

Oh his skillset and talent is tantalizing on paper. I get why you guys want him. Just like the Celtics thought adding him to all their guys was going to put them over the top. Just like Brooklyn thought him and KD would be unstoppable. But in the end it was a lot of hype and Kyrie just (bleep) them all over. Just like he’s destroying Brooklyn’s season now. He doesn’t care about anyone but Kyrie. That’s what you’re signing up for.

I'm no Kyrie apologist, but in fairness, the Nets would've had a cakewalk 2021 NBA title if either one of Kyrie or Harden had stayed healthy for the playoffs alongside KD, let alone if both of them had. They barely, and I mean barely, lost to the eventual champion Bucks literally by about 2 or 3 inches in Game 7 in the East playoffs, and that was basically with KD only. Had they won that title, the rest would be considered gravy. Of course, they didn't, it fell apart in 2021-22, and after appearing like they might weather the 2022 summer storm, now who knows what will happen over the next 6 days.

We don’t know what would have happened but we do know what did happen. At least two seasons now (he’s only been there for 4) he has personally ruined their chances at a championship. In years, btw, where they had a more than decent shot at it!

Kyrie has provided Brooklyn with more trade requests (2) than playoff series wins (1).
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Just imagine had we traded Westbrook for Wall last year? We would be even in a worse spot right now

Some people were even willing to add a FRP to get rid of Russ for Wall, lol.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:25 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

There hasn’t been any indication Brooklyn doesn’t want him. They’ve bent over backwards to accommodate him and gotten stabbed in the back by Kyrie time and again for their efforts. They offered him a full boat extension in 21 that he turned down (as did Harden.) They have thus far refused to trade him even when he has asked and even when he’s been a spectacular pain in the ass. There has been zero reporting that there was anything insulting in the offer. According to reports there was an incentive for winning a championship (something he’s not at all focused on, evidently) and it’s less years than he would like. His behavior over the summer and his behavior now point to one thing: he wants a max deal and he’s totally fine blowing up Brooklyn’s season to get it. So what makes you think he’s giving us a discount? Or fewer years? What makes you think he won’t (bleep) us over the next time he decides he doesn’t get his way? Why are we magically the one team he won’t make regret getting into the Kyrie Irving business?

Like your original willingness to deal for Kyrie things change and BKN changed their mind...the vaccine stance, the anti-semite episode. Or maybe because they locked in KD. I don't think their past actions necessarily reflect current intent. My interpretation of the reports is that Kyrie approached BKN regarding the extension.

Do I think there's a reasonable chance Kyrie goes Kyrie again? Absolutely. That's why you hedge your bets. Of course he wants a max deal, who wouldn't in his situation? The beauty in all this though is that you can argue we have the most leverage. BKN can't afford to lose him for nothing and Ky knows this is his best chance to get paid big money (maybe not MAX but still big) in a place he wants to be.

Last edited by gng930 on Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ocho wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

We don’t know what would have happened but we do know what did happen. At least two seasons now (he’s only been there for 4) he has personally ruined their chances at a championship. In years, btw, where they had a more than decent shot at it!

Kyrie has provided Brooklyn with more trade requests (2) than playoff series wins (1).

I think you know where I stand on this. I wouldn't do it. However, I at least recognize that there is real, actual potential upside to a move like this. The chasm between Kyrie and Westbrook on the court is massive. We had zero shot the moment we got Westbrook. And that quickly became apparent all the way back in late 2021. So even if I wouldn't do it, I at least understand the allure.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:29 pm    Post subject:

How about LeVine to the Nets? Would have add a filler contract from the Bulls but basically:

Bulls get:
WB
Both Lakers picks

Nets get:
LeVine

Lakers get:
Kyrie

Something like this.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:32 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Do you believe that swapping Russ for Kyrie would increase the Lakers’ title chances this year?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:36 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ocho wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

I think you know where I stand on this. I wouldn't do it. However, I at least recognize that there is real, actual potential upside to a move like this. The chasm between Kyrie and Westbrook on the court is massive. We had zero shot the moment we got Westbrook. And that quickly became apparent all the way back in late 2021. So even if I wouldn't do it, I at least understand the allure.

I understand the allure too. It’s tantalizing. He is, indeed, considerably more talented than Westbrook. Tony Kornheiser put it well today. People put up with his BS because when he gets on the court he glitters like gold and it takes a while to realize it’s fool’s gold.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Do you believe that swapping Russ for Kyrie would increase the Lakers’ title chances this year?

Is he increasing Brooklyn’s chances? They don’t have to give anything up for him. They have him right now. How’s it going?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:50 pm    Post subject:

This argument about Irving not helping BRK and rather he can help us truly is hilarious at worse you get rid of WB if Irving coming here doesn’t work out, at worse if Irving walks in the summer you still put yourself in position to get a better PG to help LeBron and AD
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:52 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

No disagreement. This is what I said earlier:

Quote:
Kyrie is chaotic, problematic, and relentlessly dramatic.

Sounds exactly like the type of player that the Lakers have never shied away from.

But I still stand by the necessity to swap Russ for shooting/spacing. Whether it's FVV/GTJ or Kyrie.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Balto wrote:
How about LeVine to the Nets? Would have add a filler contract from the Bulls but basically:

Bulls get:
WB
Both Lakers picks

Nets get:
LeVine

Lakers get:
Kyrie

Something like this.

If the Bulls liked LaVine enough, might be possible. The Bulls would have to send out a bit over $8MM more in contracts to be able to stay under the tax line. Depending on what we got back from Chicago or Brooklyn in addition to Kyrie, though, I'm not sure the Lakers would justify dealing both FRP to end up with just Kyrie and filler. LaVine has to hold significantly more value on the open market than Kyrie does.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:58 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
ocho wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

No disagreement. This is what I said earlier:

Quote:
Kyrie is chaotic, problematic, and relentlessly dramatic.

Sounds exactly like the type of player that the Lakers have never shied away from.

But I still stand by the necessity to swap Russ for shooting/spacing. Whether it's FVV/GTJ or Kyrie.

I agree, particularly with the Rui trade, Russ has to go. The FVV/GTJ option is just one option (assuming it’s a real option) that is more attractive than being the next Kyrie sucker team.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:03 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Rubin wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Is he increasing Brooklyn’s chances? They don’t have to give anything up for him. They have him right now. How’s it going?

Yes, he's increasing Brooklyn's chances. Let's not go overboard. If Brooklyn had Russ right now in Kyrie's place, their chances would be 0%.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Balto wrote:

Bulls get:
WB
Both Lakers picks

Nets get:
LeVine

Lakers get:
Kyrie

Something like this.

LaVine has substantally more value than Kyrie Irving does IMO.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
Balto wrote:

Bulls get:
WB
Both Lakers picks

Nets get:
LeVine

Lakers get:
Kyrie

Something like this.

LaVine has substantally more value than Kyrie Irving does IMO.

I'm honestly ready to do both firsts for Lavine. Probably the wrong move but (bleep) it.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:15 pm    Post subject:

do you guys trade:

Bev
Lonnie
Russ
2 FRP Unprotected
2 SRP

for

GTJ/Kyrie

AD/Bryant/DJ
LBJ/Gabriel/JTA
Rui/TBJ
GTJ/Reaves/Christie
Kyrie/Dennis

Anyone to sign off for the min?
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:15 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Rubin wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

What does that have to do with my very specific question of whether swapping Kyrie for Russ on this specific team would improve their title chances? Seems like a silly non-sequitur intended to dodge my question, but sure, I’ll play:

Prior to KD getting injured, they were 27-13, good for second in the East. Kyrie played a significant role in there early season success. Since then, they’ve managed to stay afloat at the 4-seed. So I’d say it’s going pretty well from a basketball perspective. Certainly miles better than the Lakers.

How about you answer my question now. Or will that not suit your narrative?

BTW - go back and reread my original post. I don’t love the idea of acquiring Kyrie. It just happens to be the best of several subpar options given the crap situation Jeanie and Rob have the Lakers in.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1055, 1056, 1057 ... 2564, 2565, 2566  Next
Page 1056 of 2566
Jump to: