NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1561, 1562, 1563 ... 2628, 2629, 2630  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 3:46 am    Post subject:

^^^^

Let us know what position Avery Bradley and Dennis Schroder were playing in those seasons. BR lists him as a Center for last season and a Power Forward for this season. Here is how 82games broke it down for the '21 season (mostly SF), and here is how 82games broke it down for the '20 season (same). The breakdown is under Production by Position. They don't have him at PG for even one minute. What this should tell you is that he's playing the Lebron position and that he does not fit into the taxonomy.

And no, he cannot guard quick players on the perimeter for 15 minutes per game. He might have been able to do that earlier in his career, but not now. We actually tried this in the playoffs a couple times, and he just couldn't do it.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 5:40 am    Post subject:

BLF2145 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Duncan Robinson/Omar/ 18th pick for Beasley/shaq

Tell me you don’t watch basketball without saying you don’t watch basketball.

In playoffs this year: 18mins 9.3pts 44.6% from 3pt on 5.1 attempts while Beasley is DNP -CD and we get a pick
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 7:48 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

In playoffs this year: 18mins 9.3pts 44.6% from 3pt on 5.1 attempts while Beasley is DNP -CD and we get a pick

I think he meant "why do you believe that Miami doesn't watch basketball?" ..
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 8:16 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

He’s trying to tell you that you don’t watch basketball if you propose that trade because it would seem that someone would have to not watch basketball to think seriously about proposing that trade. Then, inexplicably you doubled down on the fallacy.

Oh, we see it would be a great trade for the Lakers, you don’t have to sell us on the stats, the problem is that Miami sees it as a farce and would never consider it. It would seem that someone without knowledge of basketball would promote that trade and I agree.

Sorry man, I’ve made some “what tha hell is he thinking” proposals too, happens to the best of us. As fellow Laker fans we have to stick together and help us see our homerism. Many do it for me, hope this works for you too!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 8:23 am    Post subject:

Quote:
BREAKING: Golden State’s Bob Myers – a two-time executive of the year and architect of four NBA championships -- is stepping down as the franchise’s president and general manager, he told ESPN on Tuesday. “It’s just time,” Myers said.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 8:26 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
BREAKING: Golden State’s Bob Myers – a two-time executive of the year and architect of four NBA championships -- is stepping down as the franchise’s president and general manager, he told ESPN on Tuesday. “It’s just time,” Myers said.

Interesting. It makes sense if they are committed to Klay and Draymond.

They need a mini-rebuild around Steph.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 8:31 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Doubt Jeanie would do this, but there is our future PBO with Pelinka assuming full GM role
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 8:44 am    Post subject:

oh wow

Joe Lacob wants to promote his son Krik Lacob to a more prominent role.

should we tell him?

*I know nothing about his son; maybe he would b excellent in a bigger role
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 11:20 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Would Doc Rivers accept being Ham’s lead assistant?

If Kevin Young doesn’t get a HC job, he’s the assistant we should be hiring.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 11:26 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Time for baseless speculation on where he goes? I guess to the Las Vegas Athletics. Seriously, the Kings might be a good destination, a young team with potential that would boost his reputation if they win.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 11:55 am    Post subject:

I heard Embiid is 1 of the few bigs in the NBA that has played well against Jokic, that’s the big we need to get if we trade AD
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 11:59 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I heard Embiid is 1 of the few bigs in the NBA that has played well against Jokic, that’s the big we need to get if we trade AD

I am sure the 76ers will be eager to trade the current MVP who they have under contract through 2026.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

LOL.... IG, you are a dreamer...
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 12:14 pm    Post subject:

I think the admins have traded IG for a beta version of a new message board chatbot.

Either that or he's not even trying anymore.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 12:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Hard to do with them being over the 2nd tax apron. And they have little to zero trading pieces after Curry, Klay and Green.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

We need a thread tracking all IG’s trades like ASAP
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 12:32 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

LOL.... IG, you are a dreamer...

AD has a lot of value maybe not like Embiid but you can probably make the Sixers GM pick up the phone IMO
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 12:36 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I am sure the 76ers will be eager to trade the current MVP who they have under contract through 2026.

Let's get into the spirit of it. S&T Russell at $30M + Beasley for Embiid. We'll need Embiid to help us out here. Embiid, Davis, Lebron, Reaves, Schroder. Boom, #18. Get the banner ready.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Atlanta Hawks are the favorites to land Jaylen Brown in a potential trade, per @betonline_ag

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1663626592667463680
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
The Atlanta Hawks are the favorites to land Jaylen Brown in a potential trade, per @betonline_ag

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1663626592667463680

Hmm, Ice Trae for Brown makes sense if both teams want to move on. Celtics will drop defensively. I think Hawks would get better. Murray can be FT pg.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 1:25 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Smart move, abandoning ship as it starts sinking.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Interested in Naz Reid

@LakersDailyCom
Report: Lakers interested in acquiring Naz Reid
https://lakersdaily.com/report-lakers-interested-in-acquiring-naz-reid/

Sources tell Lakers Daily that the Lakers are interested in acquiring Reid, who will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

Reid, 23, has spent the last four seasons with the Timberwolves and became a key part of their rotation in the 2022-23 season with Karl-Anthony Towns missing time due to a calf injury.

Unfortunately, the big man’s season ended early after he suffered a wrist injury against the Phoenix Suns on March 29.

The Louisiana State University product posted career-highs in points (11.5) and rebounds (4.9) per game in the 2022-23 season. He also shot an impressive 53.7 percent from the field and 34.6 percent from beyond the arc. For his career, Reid is a solid shooter for a big man, shooting 34.4 percent from 3-point range.

Back in February, Yahoo! Sports’ Jake Fischer reported the Reid is looking for a deal in the $10 million per year range.

“The name to keep an eye on most may be Timberwolves center Naz Reid, who has declined varied contract extension offers from Minnesota, sources told Yahoo Sports, and is said to be seeking salary in the ballpark of $10 million next season,” Fischer wrote.

The Lakers could certainly use a frontcourt player with Reid’s skill set if they want to improve the roster this coming offseason.

With Mo Bamba going down with an ankle injury, the Lakers’ primary option behind Anthony Davis in the playoffs was Wenyen Gabriel, who doesn’t possess nearly as strong of an offensive game as Reid.

Reid’s shooting ability could also make him a candidate to play alongside Davis if the Lakers wanted to use bigger lineups at times in the 2023-24 season.

Here's your obligatory highlight package

Seems the Lakers understand the assignment, that what they need is a 5 that can allow them to put AD back at the 4. I am guessing Naz will be one of many options they'll be looking at, along with Myles Turner, Brook Lopez, etc.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 4:05 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

@LakersDailyCom

Sources tell Lakers Daily that the Lakers are interested in acquiring Reid, who will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

Reid, 23, has spent the last four seasons with the Timberwolves and became a key part of their rotation in the 2022-23 season with Karl-Anthony Towns missing time due to a calf injury.

Unfortunately, the big man’s season ended early after he suffered a wrist injury against the Phoenix Suns on March 29.

The Louisiana State University product posted career-highs in points (11.5) and rebounds (4.9) per game in the 2022-23 season. He also shot an impressive 53.7 percent from the field and 34.6 percent from beyond the arc. For his career, Reid is a solid shooter for a big man, shooting 34.4 percent from 3-point range.

Back in February, Yahoo! Sports’ Jake Fischer reported the Reid is looking for a deal in the $10 million per year range.

“The name to keep an eye on most may be Timberwolves center Naz Reid, who has declined varied contract extension offers from Minnesota, sources told Yahoo Sports, and is said to be seeking salary in the ballpark of $10 million next season,” Fischer wrote.

The Lakers could certainly use a frontcourt player with Reid’s skill set if they want to improve the roster this coming offseason.

With Mo Bamba going down with an ankle injury, the Lakers’ primary option behind Anthony Davis in the playoffs was Wenyen Gabriel, who doesn’t possess nearly as strong of an offensive game as Reid.

Reid’s shooting ability could also make him a candidate to play alongside Davis if the Lakers wanted to use bigger lineups at times in the 2023-24 season.

Seems the Lakers understand the assignment, that what they need is a 5 that can allow them to put AD back at the 4. I am guessing Naz will be one of many options they'll be looking at, along with Myles Turner, Brook Lopez, etc.

A career 11 points, 5 rebounds a game isn't earth shattering to me.
I like Brook Lopez more than these other guys. Need a shot blocker, rebounder who can hit the occasional outside shot....
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 4:09 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
MJST wrote:

@LakersDailyCom

A career 11 points, 5 rebounds a game isn't earth shattering to me.
I like Brook Lopez more than these other guys. Need a shot blocker, rebounder who can hit the occasional outside shot....

LOL ... I rather have Mo Bamba .. RIGHT!?!?!??!
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Of course Lakers are interested in Naz Ried, like all the other 29 teams are. He is a total pipe. Minny will do everything to keep him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1561, 1562, 1563 ... 2628, 2629, 2630  Next
Page 1562 of 2630
Jump to: