NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 2610, 2611, 2612  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject:

KD's leverage is he could show up to work everyday getting his paycheck but he's just going to give you 30% effort while undermining the coach and looking like he's ready to go on vacation.

Again, you could always keep a player but do you really want to deal with one that doesn't want to be there? so I think KD has a lot of leverage actually.

How would Nash and KD get along if KD had already publicly requested Nash be fired? It would definitely awkward. I guess the Nets are willing to go thru the season with KD in hopes of some other teams would give a better offer. It could work out in their favors but it's not a guarantee that it would.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:
One team executive believes Kevin Durant is more apt to retire than play again for the Brooklyn Nets, per
@TheSteinLine

call his bluff Tsai

Calling his bluff means not trading him? As Laker fans, we want KD to be traded so we could get Kyrie though. So we'd prefer if Tsai doesn't call his bluff.

I am not even sure its a given that Kyrie will be traded if they trade KD.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:
One team executive believes Kevin Durant is more apt to retire than play again for the Brooklyn Nets, per
@TheSteinLine

call his bluff Tsai

Calling his bluff means not trading him? As Laker fans, we want KD to be traded so we could get Kyrie though. So we'd prefer if Tsai doesn't call his bluff.

Well, they're not trading Kyrie to us right now even with the rumored 2 frp so we could at least try something different, right?
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject:

The offseason that never ends.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:
@TheSteinLine

call his bluff Tsai

Well, they're not trading Kyrie to us right now even with the rumored 2 frp so we could at least try something different, right?

Wouldn’t another option be to “not “ trade for Irving?

Avoid adding him due to desperation to get rid of WB. Irving brings his own special brand of issues to the team that I’m not sure the Lakers need right now.

Add the very likely reality of needing to give him a massive extension because you just dumped FRPs to get him. Can’t we just pass ?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
The offseason that never ends.

Really annoying tbh. All the teams are waiting for the pretty girl to choose them
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
KD's leverage is he could show up to work everyday getting his paycheck but he's just going to give you 30% effort while undermining the coach and looking like he's ready to go on vacation.

Again, you could always keep a player but do you really want to deal with one that doesn't want to be there? so I think KD has a lot of leverage actually.

How would Nash and KD get along if KD had already publicly requested Nash be fired? It would definitely awkward. I guess the Nets are willing to go thru the season with KD in hopes of some other teams would give a better offer. It could work out in their favors but it's not a guarantee that it would.

Exactly....just like Harden quit on the Rockets...trade came soon after....So now this is a game of control by Tsai...."To hell with the season, I'll show KD who's boss." Put your ego aside Tsai...KD wants out...hates your organization, your coach and your GM.....cut your losses and trade him for the best offer. KD is a malcontent...you knew it going in...you rolled the dice and lost....now get him out of town.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:
@TheSteinLine

call his bluff Tsai

Nothing is a given in this situation.

All you can say is it seems likely that the Nets won't trade Irving until/unless the trade Durant.

But you're right -- even if they trade Durant, it's not a certainty they will then trade Irving.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
You may have missed the key word in that article: "Private."

You may have missed me saying everyone knows it's him.

He even don't deny him using burner accounts when on social media.

You may not be aware of how KD behaves in social media, doesn't mean people are on the same level.

How does everyone know that it's him when it is a private message that isn't visible to the public? You're not making a lot of sense.

it's a private message using a verified account....

Wake up dude.

That means whatever he said can be used against him and he didn't care.

and FYI check this account and tell me that's not KD's

https://www.instagram.com/easymoneysniper/?hl=en

Last edited by Hero Ball on Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
The dynamic around Kevin Durant and the Nets “hasn’t changed at all,” and there’s no urgency in trade talks, per @WindhorstESPN

This pissing contest has the potential of being Harden/Rockets 2.0

KD doesn’t have the body to ever really be fat, but it would be hilarious if we got fat KD like Harden when he was done with the Rockets.

Must have been something in the water in OKC back in the day. All three of their MVPs have basically thumbed their noses at the league that has made them Uber rich. It hasn’t hurt their interests much, but future generations might pay a price.

I can imagine the league is adding the current KD fiasco to its list of examples as to why there need to be greater safeguards in the CBA against players failing to live up to the terms of their contracts.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
The dynamic around Kevin Durant and the Nets “hasn’t changed at all,” and there’s no urgency in trade talks, per @WindhorstESPN

KD doesn’t have the body to ever really be fat, but it would be hilarious if we got fat KD like Harden when he was done with the Rockets.

Must have been something in the water in OKC back in the day. All three of their MVPs have basically thumbed their noses at the league that has made them Uber rich. It hasn’t hurt their interests much, but future generations might pay a price.

I can imagine the league is adding the current KD fiasco to its list of examples as to why there need to be greater safeguards in the CBA against players failing to live up to the terms of their contracts.

Works both ways I suppose.

Players who are in an environment they favor are in trade rumors all the time.

That means teams don't commit to players all the time.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:56 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Of course, the question is whether Durant is willing to play like this, and whether he wants the backlash that will come with going through the motions.

Some people have tried to make the case that Durant's actions on social media show he doesn't care what people think of him, I believe they demonstrate just the opposite. He argues and uses burner accounts not because he doesn't care, but because he cares so much he is trying to shape public opinion much more than most players try to do.

That's one reason that Iggy said he wished Durant didn't care so much what the media said about him. The guy is super sensitive to criticism.

In any case, I'll believe Durant will come to camp and go through the motions when it happens. That just seems out of step with his personality.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

I know there has been some discussion about this just being players exercising the same right to a trade that teams historically have. But IMO that's a bit of a misdirect.

The player has a contract where they agree to provide professional basketball services to the NBA team holding their rights in exchange for pay. The team has the explicit right to transfer that player to another NBA team save a few negotiated restriction (explicit no trade clause, implicit no trade scenarios). But the team does not have the unilateral right to withhold pay just as the player doesn't have the unilateral right to withhold professional basketball services. So a player refusing to meet the terms of their contract to motivate a trade is more akin to a team refusing to pay a player, not a player exercising rights to transfer.

As for the dance of leaking things in the media through a sourced third party, or showing up out of shape, or behaving in such a manner that is otherwise detrimental to the team, well, that's a slippery one. Given the overall structure of things, the league might have to yield something to get measures to protect against that. But what exactly is anyone's guess.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

I know there has been some discussion about this just being players exercising the same right to a trade that teams historically have. But IMO that's a bit of a misdirect.

The player has a contract where they agree to provide professional basketball services to the NBA team holding their rights in exchange for pay. The team has the explicit right to transfer that player to another NBA team save a few negotiated restriction (explicit no trade clause, implicit no trade scenarios). But the team does not have the unilateral right to withhold pay just as the player doesn't have the unilateral right to withhold professional basketball services. So a player refusing to meet the terms of their contract to motivate a trade is more akin to a team refusing to pay a player, not a player exercising rights to transfer.

As for the dance of leaking things in the media through a sourced third party, or showing up out of shape, or behaving in such a manner that is otherwise detrimental to the team, well, that's a slippery one. Given the overall structure of things, the league might have to yield something to get measures to protect against that. But what exactly is anyone's guess.

So the best thing to a player is an NTC.

Let's take Jaylen Brown as an example, he extended with Boston because understandably he liked their direction and he was right as they went to the Finals.

If he gets traded to Brooklyn, they might not reach the playoffs. He will continue to get paid so there's no breach of contract but if he only knew this would happen to him and his career, he surely would have signed elsewhere.

Teams treat players like commodities.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:
@TheSteinLine

call his bluff Tsai

eh, its not like getting Kyrie means instant championship. the roster is still flawed with no shooting and no playoff experience other then bron/ad/kyrie
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
RG73 wrote:
activeverb wrote:

I have trouble imagining that Durant is going to hold out by feigning an injury. I doubt he'll want all the public grief that goes along with that.

This is the same Durant that set up fake twitter accounts just to fight with fans? Much like his teammate Kyrie, he doesn't strike me as a man who cares at all about public opinion. $300 million in career earnings, a couple championships and a guaranteed first ballot ascension to the Hall no matter what kind of makes you bullet proof from public grief.

This.

Saved me time from replying to that.

KD don't give AF.

What? Signing up for fake Twitter accounts to fight with fans shows that he very very very much cares about public opinion about him. How in the world does that make you think he doesn’t give an F?
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
RG73 wrote:
activeverb wrote:

I have trouble imagining that Durant is going to hold out by feigning an injury. I doubt he'll want all the public grief that goes along with that.

This is the same Durant that set up fake twitter accounts just to fight with fans? Much like his teammate Kyrie, he doesn't strike me as a man who cares at all about public opinion. $300 million in career earnings, a couple championships and a guaranteed first ballot ascension to the Hall no matter what kind of makes you bullet proof from public grief.

This.

Saved me time from replying to that.

KD don't give AF.

What? Signing up for fake Twitter accounts to fight with fans shows that he very very very much cares about public opinion about him. How in the world does that make you think he doesn’t give an F?

He felt insulted and he got back with impunity.

What I mean by not giving a F is when he gets insulted...the way he gets back at you is not how you would expect coming from someone in his stature.

To state it kindly. he will say things that are not cordial.

With how he uses language, he don't give AF with how the public views him.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Let's take Jaylen Brown as an example, he extended with Boston because understandably he liked their direction and he was right as they went to the Finals.

If he gets traded to Brooklyn, they might not reach the playoffs. He will continue to get paid so there's no breach of contract but if he only knew this would happen to him and his career, he surely would have signed elsewhere.

There are many factors that add to the treatment and expectations. In reality they are commodities.

Durant was signed for multiple years for much more then his skills on the court. He is a key addition to the Nets marketing, draft and free agent strategies over that time. He is a “foundation piece” they strategize around.

Same as James or Davis. When you sign them long term you plan accordingly under that timeframe. Decisions are based on those constants. That is why they have long term contracts.

If not going to honor the contract then let’s go to league wide one year contracts. Or non-guaranteed. No long term planning needed, just whatever whim the players want season to season.

As for Durant holding out, that is such a shaky ground to stand on. Even if he gets paid, there is a definite risk he damages his reputation and legacy.

Out of curiosity, how much respect does Harden have these days after his behavior to force his way off two teams?
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

There are many factors that add to the treatment and expectations. In reality they are commodities.

Durant was signed for multiple years for much more then his skills on the court. He is a key addition to the Nets marketing, draft and free agent strategies over that time. He is a “foundation piece” they strategize around.

Same as James or Davis. When you sign them long term you plan accordingly under that timeframe. Decisions are based on those constants. That is why they have long term contracts.

If not going to honor the contract then let’s go to league wide one year contracts. Or non-guaranteed. No long term planning needed, just whatever whim the players want season to season.

As for Durant holding out, that is such a shaky ground to stand on. Even if he gets paid, there is a definite risk he damages his reputation and legacy.

Out of curiosity, how much respect does Harden have these days after his behavior to force his way off two teams?

Harden continues to be a nobody and it's not because of his trade demands.

It's because he hasn't won a thing.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
How does everyone know that it's him when it is a private message that isn't visible to the public? You're not making a lot of sense.

Wake up dude.

This is getting weird. You seem to think that you know something, but I'm not sure what it is.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Wake up dude.

This is getting weird. You seem to think that you know something, but I'm not sure what it is.

I think you don't know anything pops.

I mean how old are you?

Being old and being naive is a sad thing.

Which part do you want explained I'll oblige.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject:

He thinks just because it's a private message then it STAYS hidden to the public.

Which world are you living in?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Wake up dude.

I mean how old are you?

Scary times....game changer....relax bro...this means zero like everything else....The Nets will move him if they find a deal they like...otherwise KD can post that he wishes Tsai dead and it doesn't mean squat.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Wake up dude.

I mean how old are you?

Uncalled for
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Wake up dude.

I mean how old are you?

Uncalled for

Yeah I know and I'm 50 next year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 2610, 2611, 2612  Next
Page 172 of 2612
Jump to: