NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2544, 2545, 2546 ... 2610, 2611, 2612  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:22 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Been saying this almost all season long
https://x.com/trevor_lane/status/1771575461727936906?s=46&t=2eY4h7X3tENv3uRTgQTQBA

Key in the offseason is upgrading one of the guard position, and then signing another big who can play next to AD.

Ideal would be upgrade the SG spot, then move AR off the bench as a 6th man. But you might have to deal one of those guys if they are looking for a star or major upgrade.

I like what Dinwiddle brings off the bench at the right price. I don’t know who we can get as a starter at SG but, we he’d have to be good at both ends, uff; not an easy find.

Christie is essentially the ideal we should be grooming for the starting 2 spot if we are moving AR to super 6th man. Dlo starts at point. Max is the 3 and D defensive athletic 2. That's pretty much what Christie's ceiling looks to be right now. Reliable 3 and D shooting guard. Just needs to get stronger so he isn't pushed around so easily and can finish more of his dunks on people.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:11 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
deal wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Been saying this almost all season long
https://x.com/trevor_lane/status/1771575461727936906?s=46&t=2eY4h7X3tENv3uRTgQTQBA

Key in the offseason is upgrading one of the guard position, and then signing another big who can play next to AD.

Ideal would be upgrade the SG spot, then move AR off the bench as a 6th man. But you might have to deal one of those guys if they are looking for a star or major upgrade.

I like what Dinwiddle brings off the bench at the right price. I don’t know who we can get as a starter at SG but, we he’d have to be good at both ends, uff; not an easy find.

Christie is essentially the ideal we should be grooming for the starting 2 spot if we are moving AR to super 6th man. Dlo starts at point. Max is the 3 and D defensive athletic 2. That's pretty much what Christie's ceiling looks to be right now. Reliable 3 and D shooting guard. Just needs to get stronger so he isn't pushed around so easily and can finish more of his dunks on people.

Continue to start Dlo/AR to maintain continuity, confidence and ego, but >20+ should not be ignored for the Dlo/Dinwidde paring. Ham needs to scheme a rotation to maximize the positivities with the Dlo/Dinwidde pairing while limiting the Dlo/AR combo.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Better hope the Lakers make a run this year cause the Spurs are gonna make a blockbuster trade this summer to bring Wemby a 2nd star, the league is gonna be his for a long time

I think the Spurs tank one more season after this. There's no rush for them to try and compete in the stacked west right now and the 2025 draft is pretty loaded with elite wing players. Take a point guard this year in the draft, and a wing the next one seems like a better strategy. Then package a combo of Sochan, Vassell, Keldon Johnson and picks for a mid level star. But your point still stands. By 2025 getting out of the West is going to be near impossible with the Nuggets, Thunder, and the looming Spurs.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:11 am    Post subject:

If you replace even one of the one-way starters with a two-way player, this team is top 4 in the West. Saying it again: I really hope they go after Mikal Brooklyn Bridges with those picks instead of a tiny little skill guard.

Also, replace Ham.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:43 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
If you replace even one of the one-way starters with a two-way player, this team is top 4 in the West. Saying it again: I really hope they go after Mikal Brooklyn Bridges with those picks instead of a tiny little skill guard.

Also, replace Ham.

I don’t think we have the picks to get Mikal. Brooklyn really values him.
And they should. He’s their best player.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:57 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
levon wrote:

Also, replace Ham.

Austin + Vando + 3 FRP is more than enough. I'd consider it an overpay.

They turned down a Jalen Green plus "multiple" (probably two) firsts for Bridges and now Green's broken out. At some point, Marks needs to be canned and Brooklyn needs to build properly.

If I had to bet, I'd have Bridges going to Houston for the Bkn picks. But if not, I sincerely hope we pursue him.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:21 am    Post subject:

Replacing Ham would be a GREAT start. I do not care who we trade for because it does not matter as long as we have Ham. He is that bad.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Trading for Mikal Bridges and keeping D'Lo is a better move than getting Trae Young or Donovan Mitchell and letting D'Lo go. I don't think there's any way the Lakers can get Donovan or Trae while getting more 2-way players, so I guess it's the best "big" hypothetical move I've heard so far.

But, the Nets have had a steep asking price for him. They turned down Jalen Green and multiple firsts for him. Jalen Green was teetering on disappointment before his recent stretch, but I'm guessing his draft status and age still make him more valuable than AR. They're a team that's on a full-blown rebuild if they trade Bridges, which means upside > current level of play.

I still fully believe they need an elite 3rd option next to LeBron and AD at this point, but the Lakers need 2-way play just to get to the higher levels of the NBA.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:44 am    Post subject:

I asked in the draft thread, but who is player the Lakers plan on targeting with

Gabe Vincent (negative value)
JHS
15th draft pick
Filler (Cam/Wood/Haes)

That's in the 17-22M range?

Include Rui and you up to 34-39M you can take back in a trade. We will not be able take in more than we trade out.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:11 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I asked in the draft thread, but who is player the Lakers plan on targeting with

JHS
15th draft pick
Filler (Cam/Wood/Haes)

Include Rui and you up to 34-39M you can take back in a trade. We will not be able take in more than we trade out.

Move higher in draft and create space.

Then pay dlo, dinwiddie and Max
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:23 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

JHS
15th draft pick
Filler (Cam/Wood/Haes)

I think the team is rolling into next year like this:

AD/*Wood*/*Hayes*
Bron/Rui/Vando/Lewis/*Reddish*
Dlo/Reaves/Christie

Gabe -> gone
JHS -> gone
Prince -> almost assuredly gone, can't afford him plus we need space/time for Lewis and Cam's probably back
Spencer -> can't afford him

Wood, Hayes and Reddish are all likely back but each of them (or all of them) could be traded.

I do not think we trade Rui, for better or worse LeBron is going to play less and less his career and Rui is basically the perfect replacement for him in terms of position/role/cost.

A Gabe/JHS gets you back up to 18.3M, add one of Wood/Hayes/Reddish and you are looking at 21-22M with a maximum theoretical value of 28M+

Some possible people we could visit.

Kyle Kuzma
Mikal Bridges (+ 3 picks)
Marcus Smart
Nikola Vucevic
DFS
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:40 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
levon wrote:

Also, replace Ham.

Their best player is a role player.

All it shows is how incompetent the Nets front office is and their outright refusal to rebuild the proper way.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:06 pm    Post subject:

the biggest need this offseason is to get a 2-way player that is a 2/3 while keeping rui/vando/AR/dlo/christie/bron/ad.

a reasonable trade is marcus smart or DFS imo.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Brooklyn is only interested in recouping their draft capital from Houston.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:01 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
the biggest need this offseason is to get a 2-way player that is a 2/3 while keeping rui/vando/AR/dlo/christie/bron/ad.

DFS is very overrated imo. Smart would be incredible, but I don't see why Memphis would give him up after trading two firsts for him. They're looking to come back strong next season.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:51 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

JHS
15th draft pick
Filler (Cam/Wood/Haes)

I’m such a homer I can’t imagine trading a contributor while they are in the middle of a run after the deadline so Rui can’t be in a hypothetical deal for me lol!

My first thought was what I wanted at the deadline - Caruso/Drummond. Then, I thought Drummond could probably be had for vet min so the $20m+ could be spent elsewhere, which led me to think Murray from Atl. I remembered that the Lakers have gone bargain bin hunting and dumpster diving for a back up C so why not try something different? Go after a 3pt shooting shot blocker and Immediately the starting center currently playing for the Pacers came to mind but the PSTD from discussing him ad nauseam makes me not want to ever mention his name again.

So…finally…I realized that I just don’t know the answer to who. And that is ok to admit right now lol!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

JHS
15th draft pick
Filler (Cam/Wood/Haes)

I’m such a homer I can’t imagine trading a contributor while they are in the middle of a run after the deadline so Rui can’t be in a hypothetical deal for me lol!

I'm there with you with Rui... I think he is close to untouchable to me. Only 26 and have some potential left. He's a perfect mold for a 3 and 4 guy. He scores well with in the flow of the offense and does not really force much.

15ppg as a starter with 50% fg / 40% 3fg shooting as a 4th/5th option is very hard to find.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:23 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

JHS
15th draft pick
Filler (Cam/Wood/Haes)

you ain't gettin no mikal bridges with that package, lol
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:34 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:

The biggest need is an actual center so that AD can finally go back to his natural postion at the 4.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

JHS
15th draft pick
Filler (Cam/Wood/Haes)

you ain't gettin no mikal bridges with that package, lol

Bridges being mentioned is just a waste of time.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

The biggest need is an actual center so that AD can finally go back to his natural postion at the 4.

All day everyday, and hopefully it ain’t filled from the vet min or buyout market like the last few years. I would give Rob some props if he added a legit C. He should at least get a back up above vet min.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

IMO, the problem is, if LeBron is on this team whose best position defensively is the 4, then AD naturally slots as a 5. His shooting is not good enough to justify being a full time 4 without (bleep) up the offense, unless the 5 is also a spacer (those dudes are hard to come by).

But the Lakers DO need a real center so AD doesn't have to bruise with dudes like Jokic and Sabonis. So IMO what the Lakers really want is either:

- shell out real assets to find a spacing 5 who can match up with the Jokic's of the world (good luck finding this unicorn)
- find someone who can at least eat some minutes credibly against these guys but is otherwise situational -- this should be cheap (BAE money). basically how we got McGee and Dwight
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:32 pm    Post subject:

I agree with nomoreshaq, but not on the players in particular, that the guy we want is a 2/3 who is a two way player.

I also think people need to accept Russell or Reaves going out in the package. I've been thinking for a while about a universe where the Lakers offer what they can to TOR for OG (Reaves, future 1st, JHS, Christie -- though I really want to keep Christie instead of adding him as a sweetener). It'd probably be Reaves because his value is higher than Russell and he's on a better contract.

Russell/ two-way wing/ Lebron/ AD, with the 5th either being some bruiser 5 or Vando, seems to me the route the Lakers should be going.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:54 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Megaton wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

IMO, the problem is, if LeBron is on this team whose best position defensively is the 4, then AD naturally slots as a 5. His shooting is not good enough to justify being a full time 4 without (bleep) up the offense, unless the 5 is also a spacer (those dudes are hard to come by).

But the Lakers DO need a real center so AD doesn't have to bruise with dudes like Jokic and Sabonis. So IMO what the Lakers really want is either:

- shell out real assets to find a spacing 5 who can match up with the Jokic's of the world (good luck finding this unicorn)
- find someone who can at least eat some minutes credibly against these guys but is otherwise situational -- this should be cheap (BAE money). basically how we got McGee and Dwight

That perfect 5 is Myles Turner..now that Haliburton is running the show over there, Myles Turner seems very content over there.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:49 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I agree with nomoreshaq, but not on the players in particular, that the guy we want is a 2/3 who is a two way player.

I also think people need to accept Russell or Reaves going out in the package. I've been thinking for a while about a universe where the Lakers offer what they can to TOR for OG (Reaves, future 1st, JHS, Christie -- though I really want to keep Christie instead of adding him as a sweetener). It'd probably be Reaves because his value is higher than Russell and he's on a better contract.

Russell/ two-way wing/ Lebron/ AD, with the 5th either being some bruiser 5 or Vando, seems to me the route the Lakers should be going.

Uhh, OGs been on the Knicks for a while now. The OG-type trade target now is Bridges. And yes, Reaves and/or Russell would go out in such a deal. Bridges' most effective position has actually been at the 2.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2544, 2545, 2546 ... 2610, 2611, 2612  Next
Page 2545 of 2612
Jump to: