NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2561, 2562, 2563 ... 2585, 2586, 2587  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:52 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Per Windy via Lakersdaily: D’Lo expected to decline PO.
https://x.com/lakersdailycom/status/1783847173852999753?s=46

He expects a team to pay him 25 million. Luckily for him, there are teams stupid enough to do that. D'Angelo Russell you are a Wizard.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:52 am    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
Pipe dream but how about sending the old man back home (to pasture) -> LBJ, Christie/filler for Mitchell and Mobley

Then Rui + pick for Markannen or some other a legit big that can play with AD

Vincent/Spence
Mitchell/Reeves
Vando/Prince
Markannen/Mobley
AD/Hayes

is that you, logical? lol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

He expects a team to pay him 25 million. Luckily for him, there are teams stupid enough to do that. D'Angelo Russell you are a Wizard.

I hopeful after he tests the market, he doesnt get any offers he likes and opts in. Rumor has it the Magic will throw some money at him but if they dont, he may be forced to opt in.

Everyone knows its a "what have you done for me recently" mentality and his playoff performance has been subpar. I really had hopes for DLO and his performance has been so deflating. So lets see, does a team with real playoff hope bring him in? I dunno -- Magic have some nice players and they have to ask themselves if DLo can really get them over the hump for a real shot. I dont think so.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:23 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

I hopeful after he tests the market, he doesnt get any offers he likes and opts in. Rumor has it the Magic will throw some money at him but if they dont, he may be forced to opt in.

Everyone knows its a "what have you done for me recently" mentality and his playoff performance has been subpar. I really had hopes for DLO and his performance has been so deflating. So lets see, does a team with real playoff hope bring him in? I dunno -- Magic have some nice players and they have to ask themselves if DLo can really get them over the hump for a real shot. I dont think so.

Magic want to win. Which team that wants to win can sign dlo after 2 flop playoffs
Yama
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:24 pm    Post subject:

honeslty i feel like you have to trade Davis. He had a great season and his value is at his peak, I think you could a huge return for him, there are alot of times that would be willing to trade for him, the only problem is we dont have a 2025 pick if we're bad. If we keep him I think he will be too old by the team we are ready to compete again
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
We need a Center and gor AD to go back at PF again.

AD at Center was an option when the team needed to play small ball. NOT AS A FULL TIME STARTING CENTER.

That's how we won 2020. Not just because of how big thr team was, buy because the team was big AND flexible where even our small ball was a big team. Capable of having size at every position at any given time.

We need AD to go back and PF and find a Center capable of doing the dirty work for us in building a brick wall in the paint and holding down the fort for rebounding. It's so (bleep) simple.

we won in 2020 by using AD at the 5. if you don't believe me, watch the playoff highlights. the backup was Kieff at the 5. Dwight was used in the Denver series. yes, we won in regular season with twin towers, but that was a younger lebron and AD could still shoot back then.

Using AD at the 5 for certain stretches is different than starting AD at the 5 or even playing AD exclusively at the 5. That ship team started JaVale/Dwight at C until the close out game. I think it should be understood that of course AD will play some at the 5. The point is that the Lakers now…like the ship team…need a C capable of playing with AD at the 4 to be most effective. Preferably that C could start but even if that C comes off the bench to play with AD with AD at the 4 it would be more helpful to the team with AD full time C only.

you have an older Lebron who can only play 4 now, and then you push Rui to the bench. i am totally ok with getting a capable backup to AD and maybe have them play together when LEbron is resting, but we need to get over the fact that AD will be our starting 5 for majoiry of the minutes until maybe Lebron is gone or at least he can find his jumper back to the 2020 days.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
We need a Center and gor AD to go back at PF again.

AD at Center was an option when the team needed to play small ball. NOT AS A FULL TIME STARTING CENTER.

That's how we won 2020. Not just because of how big thr team was, buy because the team was big AND flexible where even our small ball was a big team. Capable of having size at every position at any given time.

We need AD to go back and PF and find a Center capable of doing the dirty work for us in building a brick wall in the paint and holding down the fort for rebounding. It's so (bleep) simple.

we won in 2020 by using AD at the 5. if you don't believe me, watch the playoff highlights. the backup was Kieff at the 5. Dwight was used in the Denver series. yes, we won in regular season with twin towers, but that was a younger lebron and AD could still shoot back then.

Yes Ad was center but who did we play against? Rockets with that super small lineup, Heat with only Bam who got hurt later. Only Denver had size and thats the series we needed Dwight to get mins plus we had defenders like Caruso, Green and KCP which helped AD to cover less space at defense.

the problem is the later part, we don't have AC< green, KCPs of the world now, AD whether at 4or 5 plays Jokic to a draw, but the rest of our starting lineup is cooked outside of Lebron and AD. guards got beat too often and LEbron and AD have to always rotate and help which leaves Gordon for rebounds, same story last year. i can guarantee you that Gordon is not getting that many rebounds if Lebron is in position to defend him every possession, same with Jokic and AD.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
ESPN Sources: Juwan Howard has agreed to join the Brooklyn Nets as an assistant coach. Howard spent six NBA seasons as a Heat assistant before returning to Michigan for five years as head coach. Howard arrives as part of Jordi Fernandez’s first staff.

1 potential Ham replacement off the block. lol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
ESPN Sources: Juwan Howard has agreed to join the Brooklyn Nets as an assistant coach. Howard spent six NBA seasons as a Heat assistant before returning to Michigan for five years as head coach. Howard arrives as part of Jordi Fernandez’s first staff.

I dunno if its worth taking a risk on a 1st time head coach again but Handy should get some consideration
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Can Vanderbilt, Rui, AR, and picks land a star guard and a starter on the wing? If they can, Lakers can reload and the championship window will be open for at least 2 more years.

PG: Vincent, JHS, Dlo*
SG: Trade, Christie
SF: Trade, Prince, Lewis
PF: Lebron, Wood
C. : AD, Hayes, FA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kyle Kuzma sneak dissing the Lakers 👀 after the Lakers go down 3-0

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status/1783753472078234015
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:21 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

I dunno if its worth taking a risk on a 1st time head coach again but Handy should get some consideration

True.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
27 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

True.

JJ Reddick. His show with LeBron gives me hope they speak the same basketball language and there's mutual respect there.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

What is he on about? We still don't want him.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Lol. He hasn't been to the playoffs since
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Backkkk dennn he trasshh know hee trasshh sttill
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Wait, DLo is making $18M a year? I thought he was only making $5M? He's making $16M too much.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:59 pm    Post subject:

What is Kuzma complaining about? He got 90 million from a trash team to chuck the ball 20 times a game. That's pretty much what he wanted. He has unlimited freedom to do what he wants, and he's still bitter? If he stuck around, does he genuinely believe that he would be happy playing for peanuts here? Talk about cognitive dissonance.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

We can basically write off a reunion between Kuzma and the Lakers this off season
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:21 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

No, it's not worth the risk. He is a lifetime player development coach which is what Ham was. They focus on certain players development. Its different coaching an entire team of players, personalities, egos, etc.

That would be a bad move....a really bad move. They need an experienced head coach.

I still have a feeling Ham's job is safe.....
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

We can basically write off a reunion between Kuzma and the Lakers this off season

Kuzma sucks and has always sucked. We don't need a reunion with that clown.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:54 pm    Post subject:

I’m assuming Heat get Donovan cos Jaquez, Herro and Jovic is strong package

But I think Donovan would only extend/resign with Heat, Knicks, maybe Nets and Lakers so I don’t expect teams like Pelicans and Thunder to trade for him

I wish AR + Rui + Vando + JHS + three 1sts + three pick swaps would get us Donovan though :/
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:13 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
27 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

No, it's not worth the risk. He is a lifetime player development coach which is what Ham was. They focus on certain players development. Its different coaching an entire team of players, personalities, egos, etc.

That would be a bad move....a really bad move. They need an experienced head coach.

I still have a feeling Ham's job is safe.....

If Ham's job is safe, than Lakers management is hopeless. I don't know if any available coach to replace him so thats why i throw out Handy's name. But I am generally against 1st year head coaches for the Lakers. This job isn't for many expirenced coaches, let alone a 1st year.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Tax Teams and the Playoffs

1. Golden State- eliminated in the play-in
2. LAC- down 2-1
3. Phoenix- down 2-0
4. Boston- tied 1-1
5. Milwaukee- down 2-1
6. Denver- up 3-0
7. Miami- tied 1-1
8. LAL- down 3-0

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1784051088309596288
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:55 pm    Post subject:

If the league can do me a favor and beat Boston I would really appreciate it. I do think Denver beats Boston, but I am not sure Denver gets through Minnesota.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2561, 2562, 2563 ... 2585, 2586, 2587  Next
Page 2562 of 2587
Jump to: