NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2566, 2567, 2568 ... 2610, 2611, 2612  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:26 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Rui/Vincent/JHS/and opted-in DLO (he and Booker are buddies) + 3 1sts and swaps for KD?

A little steep given KD’s age. Players are ok, but way too many picks/swaps
We still have vando/AR
KD does fill a lot of our needs. Including length, athleticism, isolation scoring. Defense
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:47 pm    Post subject:

If Mitchell is at all a realistic option, he’s the only ‘3rd star’ I’d look at, given his smaller contract

Reaves, Rui, JHS, firsts

Re-sign DLo

DLo
Mitchell
Vando
Bron
AD
#18 next...
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:52 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
If Mitchell is at all a realistic option, he’s the only ‘3rd star’ I’d look at, given his smaller contract

Reaves, Rui, JHS, firsts

Re-sign DLo

DLo
Mitchell
Vando
Bron
AD

We'd need him to play ball to even have a chance. His agent will have to let Cleveland know he's going to opt out and also let know every other team that he absolutely, unequivocally will opt out and not re-sign there. Force his way.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:53 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Rui/Vincent/JHS/and opted-in DLO (he and Booker are buddies) + 3 1sts and swaps for KD?

We still have vando/AR
KD does fill a lot of our needs. Including length, athleticism, isolation scoring. Defense

Too many picks but I would easily go KD for Dlo, Rui, Gabe, JHS and compensation

If you’re leaving me with Bron, AD, Reaves and KD I can make it all work 😂 …Prince, Max, Vando, Cam, Hayes, Wood is enough. KD is the easiest plug and play support for the team on the market. Need scoring, get KD. Helps AD with spacing and Bron too. Can hit the glass or finish with either of them.

The only hard thing and good thing about the Suns and KD deal is the suns have to have the salaries matched. That means we could pay Dlo whatever to be inconsistent in the valley
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:54 pm    Post subject:

How gettable is Klay Thompson? I still feel like hes the perfect 2 to start on this team

DLO
Klay
Vando
LeBron
AD

We probably only have MMLE to sign him which probably means its not doable. But would you guys be down to do a sign and trade w AR + salary fill to get Klay? He's still an elite shooter in the league
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:58 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

No.

Didn't the Suns just getting taken out show you for the 20th time the "3 star no depth" strategy means nothing in todays NBA?

And to be honest it’s more because of Beal than anyone. He’s a hard ass fit. He likes to score but doesn’t defend or play make. He stays hurt. He doesn’t like to sacrifice or do little things. He hasnt had success outside Wall or Russ as his do it all guards with no other designated scorer. If you could have played that same round without Beal, and Allen for instance in his spot, they go and do better.

It’s the weirdest dynamic because I think they over traded this summer. Ayton and Monty was personal. Paul and the front office was personal. But if you keep CP3 and get Nurkic, I think they fit as a team better with CP, Book, Allen, KD, and Nurk
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

We still have vando/AR

Too many picks but I would easily go KD for Dlo, Rui, Gabe, JHS and compensation

If you’re leaving me with Bron, AD, Reaves and KD I can make it all work 😂 …Prince, Max, Vando, Cam, Hayes, Wood is enough. KD is the easiest plug and play support for the team on the market. Need scoring, get KD. Helps AD with spacing and Bron too. Can hit the glass or finish with either of them.

The only hard thing and good thing about the Suns and KD deal is the suns have to have the salaries matched. That means we could pay Dlo whatever to be inconsistent in the valley
Lakers have a trade exception I believe. D'lo, Rui, Hayes, And Cam would be enough salary wise and throw in 1 future first for KD.

Vincent/JHS/Bronny?
AR/Christie/Dinwiddie
KD/Vando/Lewis
Lebron/Prince/Wood
AD/Drummond/Castleton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:05 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I think you might have to. Would be worried about defense, size, and depth but offensively, good luck to all trying to stop it. The story alone is must see TV.

Hmm

AD/FA(Goga)
LeBron/Wood
KD/Prince
Vando/Christie
Reaves/Dinwiddie/Kris Dunn

Playoff depth cant be worse than it is now.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:11 am    Post subject:

Came in planning to ask "so what're we trading for KD, boys" and I've already been beaten to it. I love this forum.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:25 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

So, you think the suns want a team of 6'3 DLO, 6'3 Gabe, 6'4 Beal, and 6'6 Booker?

Not to mention, why would Lakers give that much up for old KD?

It seems like Laker fans are desperate enough to be stuck in mud.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:25 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Came in planning to ask "so what're we trading for KD, boys" and I've already been beaten to it. I love this forum.

On a serious note, KD to OKC could make some sense.

Josh Giddey/Cason Wallace/4 1st round picks (They have a million) for KD.

Suns get a large trade exception/restock draft picks and a couple solid young guys. Neither on Mikal Bridges level.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:32 am    Post subject:

It's intriguing.

LeBron can be the PG, of course. The Lakers need a pure shot-maker who can create his own in crunch time, and KD is one of the best at that. Kawhi was the Lakers' first target as a star to go with LeBron and AD. The Lakers need a pure shot-maker who can create his own in crunch time, and KD is one of the best at that.

I think the Lakers have been dedicated to making the 3rd guy a PG though. I think LeBron actually doesn't want to be the lead ball-handler/play-maker anymore, but the Lakers just haven't found an option that's superior to him doing it. Westbrook was washed of course. DLo isn't at that level as a play-maker.

Plus, I think part of it is eventually having the 2 stars without LeBron. The Lakers will need a PG to maximize AD's offense when LeBron is gone.

I think they don't consider KD as an option because they want someone to pair with AD in the future, even if they're willing to to build differently with a different kind of player if the player is amazing.

That's why I think the Trae rumors make a lot of sense. He's young(no pun intended) and has been an elite play-maker who's gotten a lot out of average big men and players in general. He's a hyper-aggressive, but consistent offensive player at all times, which AD(and LeBron) need.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:33 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:

Lebron?

Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:44 am    Post subject:

I do think the Suns should already look to break up their big 3 though. I think they fit more poorly than other big 3s of the past.

They have similar functions in an offense and don't do anything to hide each other's weaknesses. Nobody is naturally an off-ball shooter, old KD is their best defender, and nobody is a great play-maker.

KD might actually be the odd-man out.

Booker is their present and future, and Beal probably doesn't have trade value at this point. KD's contract expires the soonest and he's the oldest.

Despite KD being an all-world player, I do think the Suns could see improvements if they trade KD for a guy that compliments Booker and Beal really well.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:51 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

So, you think the suns want a team of 6'3 DLO, 6'3 Gabe, 6'4 Beal, and 6'6 Booker?

It’s just a thought exercise. Likely unrealistic. But A guard rotation under 6’5 isn’t unheard of. Re: the package, i think more than a few teams would be interested in Durant. Warriors could do Kuminga/draymond plus picks/swaps. The Knicks have lots of picks to offer. Morey will offer everything he has. And Pelinka hardly has a track record for being a tough negotiator.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:57 am    Post subject:

KD fits Lebron and AD's game perfectly
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:13 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
levon wrote:

Lebron?

I'm good, I don't like getting the worse player back in trades.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Great One wrote:

Well we've always wanted a spacing big next to AD. Emphasis on the spacing
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:18 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

It’s just a thought exercise. Likely unrealistic. But A guard rotation under 6’5 isn’t unheard of. Re: the package, i think more than a few teams would be interested in Durant. Warriors could do Kuminga/draymond plus picks/swaps. The Knicks have lots of picks to offer. Morey will offer everything he has. And Pelinka hardly has a track record for being a tough negotiator.

3 1st is too many for old KD. Rui/Vincent/JHS/17th and future pick - top 10 protected and dlo

AD
KD
Bron
Max
AR
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Great One wrote:

Not just their game, but their needs to. Even fits the Bron slow it down and let’s get methodical and deliberate to bring (bleep) horn approach. Fits AD I don’t want to score some nights, some nights I want to set the tone and expect you to help me on the glass and carry that scoring load. A pure iso scorer that can shoot, is tall with size, can board, can play defense and help rim protect as Bron and AD have to one who can run protect but themselves, and who can be consistent night to night which Dlo, AR, and Rui haven’t been is an easy add for them.

The two greatest players who fit what they would need are Steph or KD. Steph just because of sheer gravity. KD because of his skills and build. They could easily allow Bron to be the floor general and AD the anchor while they carry the scoring load.

If you retained Reaves, you could easily make the team work … Reaves would then be hidden and could do all the role player (bleep).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:39 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers are open to trading AD maybe the Kings might be willing to give up Fox would you guys do it?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If the Lakers are open to trading AD maybe the Kings might be willing to give up Fox would you guys do it?

no we would just trade you to kings forum for Fox
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

IG, you never trade a all-star big for a small. Dumb trade idea unless you get Sabonis is the trade as well.

Davis is the last person on this team that I would be trading. He just signed an extension and he has played well all season and has been solid in this Denver series. It's all the other guys that should be on the table.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:20 pm    Post subject:

If LeBron leaves I don’t think AD is gonna want to stay
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:44 pm    Post subject:

There's going to be a lot of wasted energy going over what-if scenarios about LeBron's future. I'm sure it isn't decided yet, but the chances of him leaving Southern California seem pretty slim. Maybe he would like to help Ballmer open up the new stadium .
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2566, 2567, 2568 ... 2610, 2611, 2612  Next
Page 2567 of 2612
Jump to: