NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2567, 2568, 2569 ... 2615, 2616, 2617  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:18 pm    Post subject:

AD is under contract and he would be foolish to demand a trade if LeBron leaves. Lakers would have to gut whatever team he wants to go to in any demand (not that we'd need to honor his demands). So you have to ask yourself, if you think he will demand a trade, where can he possibly go and win?

The answer is probably no where. We offer him the best chance and the best life off the court. so lets just stop the nonsense unless that demand is ever actually made.

Same goes for the LeBron leaving rumors. Odds are, he is staying and Lakers are paying him a dumb amount of salary.

I really do not want to start seeing hypotheticals on the forum unless the demand is made from any of our captains. please.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:30 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
If Mitchell is at all a realistic option, he’s the only ‘3rd star’ I’d look at, given his smaller contract

Reaves, Rui, JHS, firsts

Re-sign DLo

DLo
Mitchell
Vando
Bron
AD

We don’t have the assets to get Mitchell.

Trae or D. Murray? Sure. But Mitchell is pure pipe dream, IMO.

Even if you tell CLE, pick any 2 players on our roster you want (besides our big 2),+ picks. I don’t think CLE does it.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
There's going to be a lot of wasted energy going over what-if scenarios about LeBron's future. I'm sure it isn't decided yet, but the chances of him leaving Southern California seem pretty slim. Maybe he would like to help Ballmer open up the new stadium .

This. The only realistic shot at another title would be for Lebron to take a decent-sized paycut and be a third banana or something. He can’t be the driving force for a team hoping to contend.

Is winning in that manner worth leaving Cali and the money Jeanie will pay him? If he was still good enough to lead a team to a title or if didn’t have any rings to his name at all….i could see him jumping ship.

But I don’t think leaving is worth the headache to him at this point. Even if he won another ring elsewhere, he’d have to be a passenger and won’t get legacy points from it. I see him staying and taking the money.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
There's going to be a lot of wasted energy going over what-if scenarios about LeBron's future. I'm sure it isn't decided yet, but the chances of him leaving Southern California seem pretty slim. Maybe he would like to help Ballmer open up the new stadium .

This. The only realistic shot at another title would be for Lebron to take a decent-sized paycut and be a third banana or something. He can’t be the driving force for a team hoping to contend.

Is winning in that manner worth leaving Cali and the money Jeanie will pay him? If he was still good enough to lead a team to a title or if didn’t have any rings to his name at all….i could see him jumping ship.

But I don’t think leaving is worth the headache to him at this point. Even if he won another ring elsewhere, he’d have to be a passenger and won’t get legacy points from it. I see him staying and taking the money.

Seems more like bad fantasy wishful thinking in your part. Lebron’s play DOES in fact make it look as if he could win a title. WTF are you talking about?

Had Rob kept Shroeder, added Oubre with BAE instead of Prince, and picked up Biyomba it looks as if this team could be headed to a title this year. Heck, if Wood/Vando/Dinwidde/Vincent just play like they did last year the team could be headed for a ship THIS year. The Lakers are only a small piece or two away and you’re…and others…are acting like Lebron isn’t averaging 26ishppg/7apg/8rpg with periods of elite defense. Do you not see it? Or do you think if you deny it and say it, then that would cause us to not see it and agree with the false take?
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Phoenix ownership looking at potentially cutting ties with Vogel one year into a five year $31m contract. That wouldn't just be eating his deal, but paying market for a replacement.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Lebron isn’t leaving unless he decides to retire.
He ain’t going anywhere….
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Phoenix ownership looking at potentially cutting ties with Vogel one year into a five year $31m contract. That wouldn't just be eating his deal, but paying market for a replacement.

Phoenix ownership is mentally disabled. They hire a defense first coach and give him a bunch of minimum garbage players and 3 offensive players who barely played together cause that’s what happens with top loaded teams. One of them is always injured. You don’t have to be Nostradamus to predict this (bleep) bro.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:44 pm    Post subject:

1 of D'Lo or AR gots to go. Our starting backcourt keeps getting burned out there by opposing guards.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
1 of D'Lo or AR gots to go. Our starting backcourt keeps getting burned out there by opposing guards.

I feel like we are going to have to address comments like this for the next few days.

DLO is not opting into his Player Option, and we do not have cap space to even entertain re-signing him, or signing a replacement. He's gone, and his loss does not free up any cap space.

It is going to be incredibly difficult to improve this team after losing DLO, and not having cap space. Love him or hate him, DLO was our 3rd best player this season.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:

Dlo. He is exactly who we know he is.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

Killer_Z wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

I feel like we are going to have to address comments like this for the next few days.

DLO is not opting into his Player Option, and we do not have cap space to even entertain re-signing him, if the parties wanted to. He's gone.

It is going to be incredibly difficult to improve this team after losing DLO, and not having cap space. Love him or hate him, DLO was our 3rd best player this season.

We can re sign DLO for like 20 something million if we want him back and he wanted to come back. We can give him 125% of his salary
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Its officially IG time, take over IG!!!!
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

Killer_Z wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

DLO is not opting into his Player Option, and we do not have cap space to even entertain re-signing him, or signing a replacement. He's gone, and his loss does not free up any cap space.

You can sign him just off his bird rights. The thing is the tax that comes with it and the other trade rules about matching salary, but you can pay him a raise and keep the slot. It just is a debate about if he is worth it or not
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:50 pm    Post subject:

I've actually gained faith not lost faith in our starting 5 after the second part of the season. They played Denver well. If we can't do what I have been angling for a year (sell on AD high get longterm assets like Nets got for AD or Jazz for Rudy) then we should see out Bron's career without making any knee jerk moves.

AD/Bron/DLO/Reaves/Rui is definitely a formidable lineup, one that can get you in the playoffs. Maybe you change a coach, but not sure it makes that much of a difference, but our game and season management would be better.

If we want another season of AD/Bron/Klutch, I would focus on improving our bench, without looking to trade for a big name. I would try to see if there's a significant improvement available in coach. Stay away from moving future draft picks for a 3rd star. The main ?? is what will it cost to keep DLO. Would we be willing to pay 75M/3? Does he want to come back?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Looking forward to IG trade rumors coming up. lol
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:51 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I've actually gained faith not lost faith in our starting 5 after the second part of the season. They played Denver well. If we can't do what I have been angling for a year (sell on AD high get longterm assets like Nets got for AD or Jazz for Rudy) then we should see out Bron's career without making any knee jerk moves.

AD/Bron/DLO/Reaves/Rui is definitely a formidable lineup, one that can get you in the playoffs. Maybe you change a coach, but not sure it makes that much of a difference, but our game and season management would be better.

If we want another season of AD/Bron/Klutch, I would focus on improving our bench, without looking to trade for a big name. I would try to see if there's a significant improvement available in coach. Stay away from moving future draft picks for a 3rd star. The main ?? is what will it cost to keep DLO. Would we be willing to pay 75M/3? Does he want to come back?

Improved their win total, improved against Denver, I know time is not our friend, but I (bleep) hate ham for playing rentals over our own youth, he completely failed on that front
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:52 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I'm down with that plan also. We van also trade the MMLE for a player already under contract on another team if the other team wants to.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Looking forward to IG trade rumors coming up. lol

Anthony Edwards for JHS and an open bag of chips that fell into my couch cushions.

Who says no?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

Lakersfan1211 wrote:

Dlo wants 25m or so. He is gone. Either via opt out or opt-in and trade
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:53 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

We lost in the first round.
Wolves are young
Okc is young
Mavs have Luka
This is the first year bron/ad played more than 56 games outside of bubble and that netted us a 7seed.

If our GM goes into off-season thinking we need tweaking on the margins we are screwed as a fan base
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:53 pm    Post subject:

We can even trade Gabe and someone else like JHS for a teams full MLE might have to throw in a 2nd or 2
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Props to the team for not going down without a fight. Down 3-0 after missed opportunities, and the team came ready to play the last 2 games.

This team needs a significant move if they're actually going to take the step forward and get over these contenders.

Importance-wise, guys like D'Lo and AR should be more like JR Smith and Kyle Korver, not Kevin Love. The Lakers will probably have to give up at least one of those guys to get their Kevin Love though.

The Lakers just don't have the horses when the stars don't play well. DLo and AR aren't on that level and ready to carry that level burden.

AD didn't have it, and it was night night.

Keep in mind that their supporting cast outplayed the Lakers' for most of the series. It's just inexcusable when they already have the biggest star of the series.

Laker could use some defensive tune ups, but the Lakers did a good job holding them down for the most part.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Need to get faster at guard with more penetration…

Coby White with LBJ??

CP3 is waived and finally makes it to the Lakers????
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Again, it's worth thinking about whether guys at the DeJounte Murray are worth it.

He might be a modest upgrade on offense, but he actually brings defense. I feel like he will be a good defender on a team that places emphasis on it. I know it's been said he hasn't been good in ATL, but that team is a disaster on defense.

He's be cheaper than someone like Trae.

At the end of the day though, I think it's been set in stone in the front office that the Lakers will go after someone like Trae if he's made available.

They've gone after high-level PGs for years now. Westbrook and DLo were attempts at that. They've been connected to star PGs for years now.

Hope the Lakers get him at a good price and the Lakers are able to discover their 2019 ability to bring in actual useful players at cheap prices.

The more they do that, the more they can go after big time players. It's looked bad on the depth side because the Lakers have missed so much the draft and with cheap signings.

Fans here have been conditioned to think depth has to make 8 figures per season because of the Lakers.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:22 pm    Post subject:

This series proved Trae young won’t be the answer. He’s too small and would get locked up. Only good thing with Trae is he’d be able to get to the free throw line but once refs stop calling them, he’d be useless
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2567, 2568, 2569 ... 2615, 2616, 2617  Next
Page 2568 of 2617
Jump to: