NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2569, 2570, 2571 ... 2633, 2634, 2635  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:41 pm    Post subject:

People just assume trae young will put up his all star numbers with the lakers but they never take into account that he'd be the 3rd option here and his usage would probably get cut in half.

I really dont think lakers need to make any dramatic moves. Just need a legit backup big and 1 deadly spot up shooter like Klay or something. I think a Rui for Klay trade makes sense for both teams
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
People just assume trae young will put up his all star numbers with the lakers but they never take into account that he'd be the 3rd option here and his usage would probably get cut in half.

I really dont think lakers need to make any dramatic moves. Just need a legit backup big and 1 deadly spot up shooter like Klay or something. I think a Rui for Klay trade makes sense for both teams

I would rather have Monk or Heauter from SAC if we going to trade Rui. Young guys not on the back 9 of their career.

Also for Center we could get one from the draft and use the other two draft picks and roster for trades to get us another Vando type or Boge/Bidges/Jonas(Pels)
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:04 am    Post subject:

The Lakers lost because the other guys behind LeBron and AD didn't play well enough.

LeBron and AD were good, but needed one more guy to make plays, make shots, break down and collapse the defense, etc.

The Lakers just didn't score enough in games that were low scoring in general.

That spells the need for offensive upgrades. They actually need both offense and defense, but it's hilarious to conclude that the Lakers have enough offense based on that series.

Relying on the likes of AR and DLo like that isn't enough against teams on Denver's level.

It was fine against an injured Grizzlies team and and old Warriors team, 2 2nd rate playoff teams. But when you get to the elite, you can't rely on them to be more than role players. They're ilk of JR Smith, not Kyrie Irving or Kevin Love.

We've seen this for 2 playoff series against them now. It's insanity to think it'll change with a 3rd attempt.

They're not scrubs, but they need their roles reduced. AR seems like he'll be able to deal with that better, but he's probably the Lakers best player trade piece and it's hard to imagine the Lakers swinging a big move without involving him.

DLo needs to agree to a sign-and-trade and Rui doesn't have the same cache as the other 2.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:06 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:

Well the onus would be on LeBron to give up more of his playmaking/ball-handling duties and let Trae be Trae.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:20 am    Post subject:

1. Resign DLO, even if you plan on trading him. We can not afford to lose the asset.
2. Look for a 2 way guard so we can make Reaves a 6th man and balance out starting unit and bench
3. Shop around Rui/Gabe/JHS/17. After their showing in playoffs you might be able to get a Zach LaVine (not worth it)
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:22 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
This series proved Trae young won’t be the answer. He’s too small and would get locked up. Only good thing with Trae is he’d be able to get to the free throw line but once refs stop calling them, he’d be useless

So you think Denver wouldn’t need to adjustment their game plan for Trae young? He is a great play maker and a good shooter, he probably would foul out Jokic or Gordon without shooting well

How many people has Trey young fouled out this season? Lol. Beu he was going to foul out the MVP or a great defensive player? He wouldn't have
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:50 am    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
This series proved Trae young won’t be the answer. He’s too small and would get locked up. Only good thing with Trae is he’d be able to get to the free throw line but once refs stop calling them, he’d be useless

So you think Denver wouldn’t need to adjustment their game plan for Trae young? He is a great play maker and a good shooter, he probably would foul out Jokic or Gordon without shooting well

How many people has Trey young fouled out this season? Lol. Beu he was going to foul out the MVP or a great defensive player? He wouldn't have

I don’t know, but he averages 7-8 FT a game. How many times we failed to get the 3rd foul on Jokic in the first?
My first choice is Spida, but people need to stop acting like Trae young is westbrick or something, he is a super star.
KareemRushForThree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:54 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:

Lakers have no chance without a guard star who can take the pressure of creating off LeBron for the regular season and at stretches in the playoffs. Not a fan of Trae. Would be thrilled with Mitchell
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:54 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:

Trae is young, and he will be a good super star to couple with AD after lebron retires, he is a great passer and can get as easy baskets.

Playing with lebron and AD also means easier looks for Trae.

Obviously there is risk of them not working, but given Trae’s age, I don’t see why not. The question will be if we have enough assets to get him
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:02 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:

I don’t know, but he averages 7-8 FT a game. How many times we failed to get the 3rd foul on Jokic in the first?
My first choice is Spida, but people need to stop acting like Trae young is westbrick or something, he is a super star.

The Llakers shot the most free throws in the NBA by a wide margin and they weren't making people foul out, let alone stars. Tre Young isn't Super star. Lmao 3 all star trams and 1 All NBA 3rd team 2 years ago. Career 43% FG and 35% from 3.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:06 am    Post subject:

need a bruising center in the mold of Zubac, Harkenstein and Jonas Valančiūnas. this team lacks physicality in a big way. can't have AD wasting his energy and precious healthy days on banging with other teams' centers down on the block. AD is at his best guard the PF and then roaming on help defense.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:06 am    Post subject:

Vincent
AR
KD
LBJ
AD

That's the key to beat Denver
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:12 am    Post subject:

Run it back?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:15 am    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
Vincent
AR
KD
LBJ
AD

Vincent is garbage. All Miami players since Brian Grant to Deng to gabe
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:31 am    Post subject:

CamReddish wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
CamReddish wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:

The Llakers shot the most free throws in the NBA by a wide margin and they weren't making people foul out, let alone stars. Tre Young isn't Super star. Lmao 3 all star trams and 1 All NBA 3rd team 2 years ago. Career 43% FG and 35% from 3.

He is 25, so even if you don’t think he is a super star now, he is close and obviously better than everyone we have on the roster outside of LBJ and AD, and by the way, the lakers didn’t shot the most free throws in the league, they were 2nd and difference in top 10 is less than 1 per game. What you are referring is free throw differential per game since we give up the fewest free throws.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/free-throws-attempted-per-game
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:31 am    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
Vincent
AR
KD
LBJ
AD

If they had KD, of course they can beat Denver… duh
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:42 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
need a bruising center in the mold of Zubac, Harkenstein and Jonas Valančiūnas. this team lacks physicality in a big way. can't have AD wasting his energy and precious healthy days on banging with other teams' centers down on the block. AD is at his best guard the PF and then roaming on help defense.

With our limited resources, Goga Bitadze is the answer.

Not a sexy or popular name, but he was a very effective when he started for Wendall Carter
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:55 am    Post subject:

lou dort
Jayden McDaniels
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:02 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

With our limited resources, Goga Bitadze is the answer.

Not a sexy or popular name, but he was a very effective when he started for Wendall Carter

I like the idea of goga
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:17 am    Post subject:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/275535/LeBron-James-Declines-To-Answer-Whether-Game-5-Could-Be-Last-With-Lakers
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:21 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Agreed and I'm taking Edey with #17 assuming the Pels do the smart thing and wait until the better draft in '25 to convey the owed AD pick.

I'm fine if they buy a SRP to take Bronny but I'm out on this team if they waste the #17 to appease James when there should be a few legit center prospects on the board.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:24 am    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Agreed and I'm taking Edey with #17 assuming the Pels do the smart thing and wait until the better draft in '25 to convey the owed AD pick.

I'm fine if they buy a SRP to take Bronny but I'm out on this team if they waste the #17 to appease James when there should be a few legit center prospects on the board.

in a weak draft like this year, i don't think Edey will be there at 17.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:25 am    Post subject:

Ugh, horrible but it’s pretty clear our 3-5 is simply not as good as Denver’s, maybe the Celtics too.

Either
upgrade DLo/AR/Max/picks for a better/more 2-way guard (I actually agree on keeping Vando/Rui, they’re tall and can cover the wings but Rui gotta board more, keep Gabe too, he’s a speedy defender at a reasonable salary) and try one more time with 40yr old LeBron

Or on top of upgrading the guards, we also semi blow it up, let Bron team up with Steph and we take Wiggins-Draymond-picks or Kuminga-Pdnowski(that rookie)-salary

Or Bron go Tim Duncan with his contract and we sign a stud guard, let DLo go

Last edited by governator on Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:26 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/275535/LeBron-James-Declines-To-Answer-Whether-Game-5-Could-Be-Last-With-Lakers

Non-story. He said the same thing last year.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:26 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
daytripper wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

in a weak draft like this year, i don't think Edey will be there at 17.

I was looking at the tankathon mock. Between Clingan, Missi, and Edey one of them should be there. I think Clingan is the one that will most likely be off the board.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2569, 2570, 2571 ... 2633, 2634, 2635  Next
Page 2570 of 2635
Jump to: