NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2571, 2572, 2573 ... 2633, 2634, 2635  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Jazz and Pelicans are two teams expected to be aggressive on the trade market this offseason utilizing their rich supply of draft capital, per
@KevinOConnorNBA

Utah owns 15 first-round picks over the next five years.

New Orleans could potentially go star hunting by offering Brandon Ingram alongside their slew of picks.

https://theringer.com/nba/2024/4/30/24145169/lebron-james-los-angeles-lakers-nba-trade-rumors
LoPro4u2c
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:38 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:
Vincent
AR
KD
LBJ
AD

That's the key to beat Denver

If they had KD, of course they can beat Denver… duh

Los Angeles Lakers Receive: Kevin Durant

Phoenix Suns Receive: D’Angelo Russell (sign-and-trade), Rui Hachimura, Taurean Prince, Max Christie, 2029 First-Round Pick, 2030 First-Round Pick Swap

https://fadeawayworld.net/the-los-angeles-lakers-could-land-kevin-durant-for-an-offer-the-phoenix-suns-cant-refuse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:45 am    Post subject:

LoPro4u2c wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:
Vincent
AR
KD
LBJ
AD

Phoenix Suns Receive: D’Angelo Russell (sign-and-trade), Rui Hachimura, Taurean Prince, Max Christie, 2029 First-Round Pick, 2030 First-Round Pick Swap

https://fadeawayworld.net/the-los-angeles-lakers-could-land-kevin-durant-for-an-offer-the-phoenix-suns-cant-refuse

TP is a FA. Max is restricted and IIRC can't be aggregated in a S&T.

This is why reading places not designed for the likes of clicks from children are important.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:17 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“My sense is the Suns wanna see how can this team run it back…”

— @ShamsCharania on Suns Big 3

They have no choice. lol 150mil for 3 players.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:19 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Pistons, I’m told, would naturally have interest in Timberwolves lead executive Tim Connelly in the event that Connelly was moved to use the opt-out clause in his Minnesota contract at season’s end.

I have since confirmed, as previously reported here, that Detroit does indeed plan to have Michigan native (and Pistons alumnus) Jon Horst on its candidate list if Horst is open to leaving the Bucks at season’s end.

J.J. Redick, beyond his candidacy for the Hornets’ coaching vacancy, has been described to me as a name to monitor in Detroit in the event he has any interest in a move to basketball operations. – via marcstein.substack.com

Can’t lie, feeling that BigD energy (no Diddy)
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:26 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

They're stuck w/Beal, he has a no trade clause
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:32 am    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Maybe they thought Luka and Kyrie is working out this season, maybe they need some time too to figure it out. But Booker is no Kyrie (or Luka, as Luka ably demonstrated a couple years ago)

Also, Bradley Beal has a no trade clause??? I repeat ?????
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:43 am    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

Given that contract, it's highly doubtful that anyone is going to be making calls on his availability. The only way PHX could even find a taker (if Beal waived NTC) was to package picks (which they don't have) and/or young talent (which they already traded away for Durant). So PHX will be stuck with Beal until his contract expires or he is bought out.

Their only real potential, tradeable assets to shake up the team in a big way are Durant or Booker. And there's no way they get anything close to what they gave up for Durant.

PHX had a Finals team just a few years back with some young talent on the rise (Bridges, Johnson), but they pissed it away along with their draft future in pursuit of the big name. Where does that sound familiar? At least for us, we were able to get a championship before our FO gutted the team.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Woj on #NBAToday

- He spoke to Rich Paul, the idea of Bron & Bronny playing together is no longer a priority. They’re looking for the right developmental system for Bronny

- Bron is likely back w/ Lakers, it’s just a matter on the structure of deal. 2-3yr deal potentially
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:47 am    Post subject:

Reject Trae due to his "small" stature, as LG suggests, but favor Mitchell, who stands 2 inches taller than Trae. Personally, I lean towards pursuing Trae. We're in dire need of a player capable of both distributing the ball and scoring in isolation. D'Angelo, Dinwiddie, and Vincent have all struggled to effectively lead a team. Even if LeBron renews his contract, he lacks the stamina to fulfill all those roles anymore.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:06 pm    Post subject:

BEazy wrote:
Reject Trae due to his "small" stature, as LG suggests, but favor Mitchell, who stands 2 inches taller than Trae. Personally, I lean towards pursuing Trae. We're in dire need of a player capable of both distributing the ball and scoring in isolation. D'Angelo, Dinwiddie, and Vincent have all struggled to effectively lead a team. Even if LeBron renews his contract, he lacks the stamina to fulfill all those roles anymore.

Mitchell's measurables and athleticism completely dwarf (pun intended) Young's. It's not about height but about reach, hops, quick twitch, etc.

I don't think either of them are tier 1 superstars, but if I had to choose I'm obviously going Mitchell.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:16 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
BEazy wrote:

Mitchell's measurables and athleticism completely dwarf (pun intended) Young's. It's not about height but about reach, hops, quick twitch, etc.

I don't think either of them are tier 1 superstars, but if I had to choose I'm obviously going Mitchell.

Not to mention the fit with Russell and Mitchell is far better because we wont be able to trade Russell. Meaning unfortunately AR has to go. Young and Russell in the backcourt???? Thats just asset malpractice
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:18 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
levon wrote:
BEazy wrote:

Not to mention the fit with Russell and Mitchell is far better because we wont be able to trade Russell. Meaning unfortunately AR has to go. Young and Russell in the backcourt???? Thats just asset malpractice

I don't think Russell and Mitchell are a good fit either.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Woj on #NBAToday

- He spoke to Rich Paul, the idea of Bron & Bronny playing together is no longer a priority. They’re looking for the right developmental system for Bronny

- Bron is likely back w/ Lakers, it’s just a matter on the structure of deal. 2-3yr deal potentially

I would say the Heat or Raptors would be great for him in terms of development. I would take him in LA. The one place I would never wish on him is the Cavs though just because of the weight of that
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:22 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
levon wrote:
BEazy wrote:

Is having an undersized shooting guard the right path? It might be better to keep Austin Reaves if Russell is untradeable. Do you really think Dan Gilbert would willingly let go of Mitchell without robbing the Lakers? Realistically, Trae is a more attainable option than Mitchell.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:23 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LoPro4u2c wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:
Vincent
AR
KD
LBJ
AD

TP is a FA. Max is restricted and IIRC can't be aggregated in a S&T.

This is why reading places not designed for the likes of clicks from children are important.

1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:31 pm    Post subject:

BEazy wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
levon wrote:
BEazy wrote:

Is having an undersized shooting guard the right path? It might be better to keep Austin Reaves if Russell is untradeable. Do you really think Dan Gilbert would willingly let go of Mitchell without robbing the Lakers? Realistically, Trae is a more attainable option than Mitchell.

The D'Lo aspect in all this is what foils Trae Young coming here
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Per magic on x:
Laker Nation, we have a problem. All the good teams in the West are young and talented: the Nuggets, the Timberwolves, the Thunder, and the Mavs. And the BIGGEST elephant in the room is the Spurs, who with Victor Wembanyama, will definitely be a playoff team next season. For the Lakers to compete with all these teams, the roster MUST improve.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Per magic on x:
Laker Nation, we have a problem. All the good teams in the West are young and talented: the Nuggets, the Timberwolves, the Thunder, and the Mavs. And the BIGGEST elephant in the room is the Spurs, who with Victor Wembanyama, will definitely be a playoff team next season. For the Lakers to compete with all these teams, the roster MUST improve.

for once Magic is right.

West has:
Luka
Anthony Edwards
Mini Harden Shai
Spurs Victor.
Ja Moran

we need a lead guard on this team.

Teams that are done:
Warriors
Lakers
Suns
Clippers - soon
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Per magic on x:

Go sign Lance, Rondo, Beasley, and draft Lonzo!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Per magic on x:

He is also blaming load management. He’s twisted.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Per magic on x:

💀

Gotta also trade Zubac for a minimum FA you let walk.

Important reminder that it can always be worse.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Per magic on x:

ouch thats rough
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Per magic on x:

ouch thats rough

Rondo???? Dude was a disaster in the regular season but in the playoffs, it was all worth it.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:52 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Per magic on x:

💀

Gotta also trade Zubac for a minimum FA you let walk.

Important reminder that it can always be worse.

Magic was an absentee exec and hardly ever in the office…so who’s really constructing these transactions while Erv posts up in Bron’s driveway?

Reminder: it’s always been worse #Day1GM 😜
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2571, 2572, 2573 ... 2633, 2634, 2635  Next
Page 2572 of 2635
Jump to: