NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2572, 2573, 2574 ... 2635, 2636, 2637  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:57 pm    Post subject:

3 reasonable trades I would make:

1. Rui + Pick for DFS (probably an overpay)
2. Gabe/Maxwell Lewis + SRP for Jonas Valančiūnas (sign and trade for about 15)
3. Dlo/JHS + 2 picks for DJM (25M)

We're likely getting Hayes/Wood/Cam back like it or not. I'd sign Prince to the most he can get which is slightly above MLE and also Max to slightly above MLE.

AD / JV / Wood / Hayes
Bron / DFS / Vando / Prince / Reddish
DJM / Reaves / Christie

Bring back Spencer or CP3 either on vet mins.

I think that team competes with a competent coach.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:06 pm    Post subject:

If KD, Bron, And AD dominate the Olympics. Do you think Bron does whatever it takes to get KD to LA?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:17 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
3 reasonable trades I would make:

1. Rui + Pick for DFS (probably an overpay)
2. Gabe/Maxwell Lewis + SRP for Jonas Valančiūnas (sign and trade for about 15)
3. Dlo/JHS + 2 picks for DJM (25M)

We're likely getting Hayes/Wood/Cam back like it or not. I'd sign Prince to the most he can get which is slightly above MLE and also Max to slightly above MLE.

AD / JV / Wood / Hayes
Bron / DFS / Vando / Prince / Reddish
DJM / Reaves / Christie

Bring back Spencer or CP3 either on vet mins.

I think that team competes with a competent coach.

all these guys are same...Rui, Kuzma, DFS, Oneal types.

I rather combine salaries and go for a rookie max guy.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Ya'll think Kd is a bigger difference maker than he is when his last two stops in "big 3 no depth" land have failed miserably.

KD helps the team if he's just replacing LeBron.
KD does nothing for the team if he's replacing our Guards and depth, because then we just learn the lesson we just watched Phoenix learn.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:22 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
levon wrote:
BEazy wrote:
Reject Trae due to his "small" stature, as LG suggests, but favor Mitchell, who stands 2 inches taller than Trae. Personally, I lean towards pursuing Trae. We're in dire need of a player capable of both distributing the ball and scoring in isolation. D'Angelo, Dinwiddie, and Vincent have all struggled to effectively lead a team. Even if LeBron renews his contract, he lacks the stamina to fulfill all those roles anymore.

Mitchell's measurables and athleticism completely dwarf (pun intended) Young's. It's not about height but about reach, hops, quick twitch, etc.

I don't think either of them are tier 1 superstars, but if I had to choose I'm obviously going Mitchell.

Not to mention the fit with Russell and Mitchell is far better because we wont be able to trade Russell. Meaning unfortunately AR has to go. Young and Russell in the backcourt???? Thats just asset malpractice

Hypothetically…
Bron 51.4m (via opt in or new deal; he’s gonna aim to get 50m per regardless)
AD 43.2m
Spida 35.4m
DLo 18.7m (via opt in or new deal roughly in that price range)

…just those alone & we’re at about 150m in team salary with the 1st Apron hardcap at 179m (triggered by favorable trade multiplier of 125%) & 2nd Apron at 190m (triggered by trade aggregation). So we looking at either about 30-40m in salary to round out roster spots 5-14.

We know bringing in Spida sans DLo is going to have to take Rui + either Reaves or Gabe at the minimum. If we want to trigger the 2nd Apron hardcap rather than the 1st Apron, then trade matching HAS to be 100% (ie no favorable trade multiplier). 35.4m in salary has to go out to bring Spida in and in that regard, Rui+Gabe leaves us 7.4m short. JHS+MaxL aggregate to only 5.8m, so one of our minimum guys in Cam, Hayes or Wood has to opt in to their PO and be part of this trade if Reaves is to be spared in the purge. However if Reaves has to go then, Rui+Reaves+JHS+MaxL is enough salary to get Spida while triggering the 2nd Apron hardcap.

The cap sheet could look like this under that 2nd Apron hardcap, with Reaves spared, but #17 & #55 gone in the purge.

Quote:
1. Bron 51.4m
2. AD 43.2m
3. Spida 35.4m
4. DLo 18.7m
5. Reaves 13m
6. Vando 10.7m
7. tpMLE (MaxC?; which also triggers 2nd Apron hardcap) 5.2m
8. Wood 3m
9. Hayes (or Cam) 2.5m
10-14. 5 Vet Min deals 5.8m - 10.4m (can be a combo of true rookie vet min deals along with 2+ seasoned vet min deals to facilitate being under the hardcap)

= 188.4m - 193m (ie latter number implies 5 vet min 2+ seasoned guys, but we would be roughly 3m in breach of the projected 2nd Apron hardcap)

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:28 pm    Post subject:

1 of the hosts on ESPN 710 this morning said he doesn’t think LeBron will be a Laker next year
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
1 of the hosts on ESPN 710 this morning said he doesn’t think LeBron will be a Laker next year

Wow 1 of the guy at my work said the same thing....its happening IG
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Are you joking or being serious?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Are you joking or being serious?

he was pretty serious about it man...why would i joke
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I’d be surprised if he left. Unless he joins a ready-made title contender for the minimum…any other team he could go to would have an outside shot at best just like us.

Might as well stay and get paid.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:56 pm    Post subject:

i hope the cavs get booted and they decide to break the J Allen and Mobley combo

Id be happy to have 1 of those 2 bigs
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I’d be surprised if he left. Unless he joins a ready-made title contender for the minimum…any other team he could go to would have an outside shot at best just like us.

Sign and trade lebron to Phoenix for KD :p
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:02 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Sign and trade lebron to Phoenix for KD :p

levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:13 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Ya'll think Kd is a bigger difference maker than he is when his last two stops in "big 3 no depth" land have failed miserably.

KD does nothing for the team if he's replacing our Guards and depth, because then we just learn the lesson we just watched Phoenix learn.

The bolded is objectively a lie.

See the below image:
https://i.ibb.co/hRHN78x/Screenshot-2024-04-30-07-24-31-93-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12-3.jpg

KD is worse than LeBron despite being 4 years younger. He and Curry have been getting by on reputation for way too long.

What did LeBron do to some of you?
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Seriously, I get criticizing LeBron's antics and drama in prior stops, but people hate him as much to replace him with *checks notes* coach-killer, non-leader, proven quitter, and certified (bleep) Kevin Durant, who's not even a better player at this point?
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:19 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
MJST wrote:

See the below image:
https://i.ibb.co/hRHN78x/Screenshot-2024-04-30-07-24-31-93-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12-3.jpg

KD is worse than LeBron despite being 4 years younger. He and Curry have been getting by on reputation for way too long.

kd 0.97 rpm this season, damn
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
levon wrote:
MJST wrote:

See the below image:

kd 0.97 rpm this season, damn

Yeah, LeBron's EPM has been better all season too (6th best in the league), with D-EPM being higher. Durant's never been better than LeBron, not even now.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Remember when KD was available and some were a proponent of trading AD for him?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:24 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Seriously, I get criticizing LeBron's antics and drama in prior stops, but people hate him as much to replace him with *checks notes* coach-killer, non-leader, proven quitter, and certified (bleep) Kevin Durant, who's not even a better player at this point?

It’s not only about “better” player, it’s about better fit if AD is our guy. Brunson instead of bron and we are way better.

Kd loosens up the court for AD. Bron over dribbles his own guys out of position. According to ESPN we have 2 top 10 players. It didn’t serve us well, and it hasn’t outside of bubble.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:

It’s not only about “better” player, it’s about better fit if AD is our guy. Brunson instead of bron and we are way better.

Kd loosens up the court for AD. Bron over dribbles his own guys out of position. According to ESPN we have 2 top 10 players. It didn’t serve us well, and it hasn’t outside of bubble.

It's not ESPN, it's impact stats. If you don't understand basketball, you're more likely to be swayed by feelings and narratives and hard-hitting analysis like "loosens things up". LeBron and KD shot the same percentage from 3 on the same volume this year, and LeBron's still better at everything else. So what exactly is getting loosened up? If you get KD, now you need another alpha playmaker and also a vocal leader.

The Brunson thing is a complete non-sequitur. We're not getting Brunson. That's like saying we'd be better off with Haliburton. Maybe, maybe not, (again according to the metrics, probably not) but that's someone else's franchise guy and there's no point even talking about it.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:32 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Per magic on x:
Laker Nation, we have a problem. All the good teams in the West are young and talented: the Nuggets, the Timberwolves, the Thunder, and the Mavs. And the BIGGEST elephant in the room is the Spurs, who with Victor Wembanyama, will definitely be a playoff team next season. For the Lakers to compete with all these teams, the roster MUST improve.

Go sign Lance, Rondo, Beasley, and draft Lonzo!!

ouch thats rough

Rondo???? Dude was a disaster in the regular season but in the playoffs, it was all worth it.

Magic paid Rondo his full exemption basically and pelinka gave him the vet min the bubble year and let him walk when the clips tried to pay him an exemption 😂. And he brought him back later again for the vet min, and we were a playoff team until we traded him away, winning record that Russ year to the rondo trade despite how bad it all looked.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:33 pm    Post subject:

No matter who the Lakers get, they aren't going anywhere with LeBron on the team.

He hinders the teams growth.

If Lakers want to get better, they have to get rid of LeBron.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
No matter who we get, Lakers aren't going anywhere with LeBron on the team.

I want to drill down into this propaganda piece but I know I'm going to run into a wall of circular logic that boils down to "I don't like him."

Do you guys make investment decisions based on vibes? Sure seems like it. Whether or not you like him he's clearly the best option we have right now unless a trade for him opens up that makes sense for all sides.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
No matter who the Lakers get, they aren't going anywhere with LeBron on the team.

Just curious, who’s growth is he hindering?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:42 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
levon wrote:

It's not ESPN, it's impact stats. If you don't understand basketball, you're more likely to be swayed by feelings and narratives and hard-hitting analysis like "loosens things up". LeBron and KD shot the same percentage from 3 on the same volume this year, and LeBron's still better at everything else. So what exactly is getting loosened up? If you get KD, now you need another alpha playmaker and also a vocal leader.

The Brunson thing is a complete non-sequitur. We're not getting Brunson. That's like saying we'd be better off with Haliburton. Maybe, maybe not, (again according to the metrics, probably not) but that's someone else's franchise guy and there's no point even talking about it.

I understand it fine. The Brunson mention is because 99% of people would say bron is better. He’s not for us. What we know for a fact without the bubble is that bron/ad are painfully average. Kd/ad imo would be a better duo. Lmao at bron being a vocal leader. He is the worst leader. 2 teams have quit on coaches on his watch. He accepts zero accountability. We wish he was a leader. About to be 4 coaches in 6 years on his watch.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2572, 2573, 2574 ... 2635, 2636, 2637  Next
Page 2573 of 2637
Jump to: