NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2577, 2578, 2579 ... 2620, 2621, 2622  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Instead of giving up the reported haul for trae young, id rather divert it to New Orleans for BI who is seemingly on the trade block

AR+Rui+Gabe+2 FRP's for BI

Then Bring back DLO on a 3 year deal and you have a lineup of

DLO
BI
Vando
LeBron
AD

Pelicans have always been happy to take our picks, and they might think our picks a few years down the line are going to be worth way more than other potential trading partners who would be interested in Ingram's services. They also get a solid starting point in Gabe and a potential replacement for CJ in AR.

Think its potentially a good trade for both teams

Tl;dr - BI over Trae unless you can somehow bring both trae and OG (or player of similar archetype) together

Ingram is the only player I want to see us trade multiple picks for. Trae and Mitchell would be a waste of time and assets
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Want no part of Dejounte Murray. I really don't want another guard that can't shoot on this squad.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 10:04 pm    Post subject:

BEazy wrote:
Want no part of Dejounte Murray. I really don't want another guard that can't shoot on this squad.

Especially when we have Reaves already. To be honest, Reaves defense on Jamal Murray makes me feel that he has value as a defender still. We saw that kind of defense last off-season too and was wondering where it was during the season when people hunted him.

Reaves just needs to get stronger in the off-season so other players can't bully him off his spot like this year.
Dominic1981
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 2:00 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
The Warriors will try to get Durant first, but i think they could theoretically trade Wiggins and Chris Paul + Picks for Lebron and then not have to give up Kuminga (they're not giving us Kuminga for 40 year old Lebron, come on).

Chris Paul can be waived. Or could be traded to another team looking to duck the apron in exchange for a pick? Wiggins we could hopefully rehab his value a bit. There will be a contender that will take a flyer on him and 25-26 million isn't that much these days. You could maybe get two firsts out of it.

You think a Lebron/Curry team could win a title? I dont.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 3:13 am    Post subject:

Why all this KD talk? Is it because he asked for a trade again? I highly doubt the Suns are willing to move KD. He is probably their closest to a 2-way player of any of their big 3. Closest to an actual championship player. I mean the guy is not just an elite scorer, but he's capable to use his length to rim protect, and challenge shots.

Unless they get back 2-3 first rounders, plus 2 starters, not sure they even entertain the idea. Would a team be willing to give all that up for a 36 year old next season? The KD decline is coming real soon, he's already on decline, but not as obvious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 6:50 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
KareemRushForThree wrote:
The Lakers are not trading LeBron. Any LeBron trade posts are a waste of time.

It depends on if he wants to go somewhere else. The fact they asked him if he wanted to go to GS shows they’re willing to do that.

Not going to happen and especially not with the CP3 scenario. Lol
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:26 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Why all this KD talk? Is it because he asked for a trade again? I highly doubt the Suns are willing to move KD. He is probably their closest to a 2-way player of any of their big 3. Closest to an actual championship player. I mean the guy is not just an elite scorer, but he's capable to use his length to rim protect, and challenge shots.

Unless they get back 2-3 first rounders, plus 2 starters, not sure they even entertain the idea. Would a team be willing to give all that up for a 36 year old next season? The KD decline is coming real soon, he's already on decline, but not as obvious.

Media folks are speculating because Phoenix flamed out and they can’t/wont trade Beal or Booker. These shows need stuff to talk about. He’s not going anywhere.
KareemRushForThree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:36 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Media folks are speculating because Phoenix flamed out and they can’t/wont trade Beal or Booker. These shows need stuff to talk about. He’s not going anywhere.

The Suns have never won a title, they are going to continue to go all in with this current roster and add around the margins with a PG for the MLE. Give it another run next year.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:55 am    Post subject:

I'm willing to bet KD doesn't end his career on the Suns. Maybe doesn't even end next season on the Suns.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 9:59 am    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
The Warriors will try to get Durant first, but i think they could theoretically trade Wiggins and Chris Paul + Picks for Lebron and then not have to give up Kuminga (they're not giving us Kuminga for 40 year old Lebron, come on).

Chris Paul can be waived. Or could be traded to another team looking to duck the apron in exchange for a pick? Wiggins we could hopefully rehab his value a bit. There will be a contender that will take a flyer on him and 25-26 million isn't that much these days. You could maybe get two firsts out of it.

You think a Lebron/Curry team could win a title? I dont.

Doesn’t matter what i think. Depends on if Lebron/Curry think so. Lebron i can see having pause knowing whatever team he goes to, they need a big that can defend Jokic. He can superteam with Curry/Dray or Luka/Kyrie, but he probably figures neither team has the size to slow down Jokic. If he really wanted to win, the only plausible options i see are Philly and Minny. Can’t see him going to either of those places since there’s no narrative for him, so yes, i think he tries to come back to LA and use the threat of him leaving to go all-in with a Mitchell trade. Maybe they can get Brook Lopez. I wouldn’t hate it.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:04 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

The reason would be they have no way to improve the team. They have no picks, and they can’t sign anyone other than minimum guys. They’re not good enough to get ring chasers. All they can do is run the same team back with new vet mins and maybe a new coach. Trading Durant could net them multiple assets and/or a player that gives them something Booker/Beal don’t and round out at the team better, rather than just 3 scorers, 2 of which will always grumble they’re not being used right.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:07 am    Post subject:

Ingram is an interesting idea. Big upgrade over Rui. But he has been very injury prone and i wonder how much he embraces being a third banana. But he is potentially a nuggets-trading-for-Gordon type move.
KareemRushForThree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:10 am    Post subject:

Can we get Jonas Valanciunas for the NTPMLE?

Time to move AD to the 4 and Bron back to the 3. Go back to the 2020/2021 model. We got stops against Denver, giving up offensive rebounds killed us.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:13 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Ingram is an interesting idea. Big upgrade over Rui. But he has been very injury prone and i wonder how much he embraces being a third banana. But he is potentially a nuggets-trading-for-Gordon type move.

him and Gordon are very different players, and BI is somewhat a terrible fit next to Lebron and AD. it could work depends on who our guards are, but i think we should go for an attacking guard in oppose to someone like BI. i think Rui is just fine (outside of the playoffs this year)
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:18 am    Post subject:

KareemRushForThree wrote:
Can we get Jonas Valanciunas for the NTPMLE?

Time to move AD to the 4 and Bron back to the 3. Go back to the 2020/2021 model. We got stops against Denver, giving up offensive rebounds killed us.

gordon got those rebounds mostly due to him being matched up against our guards(who are terrible rebounders, and Rui, who are below average). the days of Lebron playing 3 on defense is over, and Jonas is way to slow to rotate. he can be the backup to AD or play twin towers while Lebron is off the court, but i don't see frontcourt of Lebron/AD/Jonas work. we will need AG type of players to play next to LBJ/AD, not slow footed center
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:56 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind having Dejounte Murray.

I wouldn't mind spinning the block on Brandon Ingram.

Lauri Markkanen is a sleeper and I think that Danny Aines would do it for draft capital.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Ingram was dealing with injuries almost all season long that’s why he couldn’t lead the Pelicans enough in the playoffs without Zion
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

Lauri Markkanen is a sleeper and I think that Danny Aines would do it for draft capital.

No thanks to Ingrams. Always hurt, always chucks shots up and disappears majorly in games.
He’s not the answer.
urbanturban
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 1:49 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
Inverse wrote:
Instead of giving up the reported haul for trae young, id rather divert it to New Orleans for BI who is seemingly on the trade block

DLO
BI
Vando
LeBron
AD

Pelicans have always been happy to take our picks, and they might think our picks a few years down the line are going to be worth way more than other potential trading partners who would be interested in Ingram's services. They also get a solid starting point in Gabe and a potential replacement for CJ in AR.

Tl;dr - BI over Trae unless you can somehow bring both trae and OG (or player of similar archetype) together

Ingram is the only player I want to see us trade multiple picks for. Trae and Mitchell would be a waste of time and assets

Amend this to include Daniels, likely that last pick, and you have a guard that can rebound, which let's AD get downcourt far more quickly.

Lebron could go, but I would venture that he goes back to the Cavs to finish off his career. That's Mitchell and Allen, completing AD's wish to move to the 4.

A starting 5 of Mitchell, Daniels, Ingram, AD and Allen with Vando and Christie off the bench sounds competitive...
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Lauri only makes 18 million a year.

Matching salary would be easy.

Offer all the picks and pick swaps.

https://www.slcdunk.com/2024/5/1/24146768/lebron-james-likes-lauri-markkanen-should-the-utah-jazz-make-a-deal-los-angeles-lakers?utm_source=pocket_mylist
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 2:20 pm    Post subject:

BEazy wrote:

agreed, Murray's game is similar to Westbrook's with a tad better on mid range jump shot. enough with guards already, we all know LeBron will ALWAYS be dominating the ball no matter what he says publicly. this team needs size in the worst way. a bruising physical center and a 6'8" and above wing should be the priority this summer.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 2:34 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

No thanks to Ingrams. Always hurt, always chucks shots up and disappears majorly in games.
He’s not the answer.

I wouldn't even want Ingram in a pure rebuilding situation.

The guy is a bad off-ball player, and is not good enough to dominate the ball on a contender. He doesn't play defense and is an inconsistent shooter.

People just want former Lakers back on the team. That has to be the reason why he's being recommended.

I just don't get it. People get attached to these players their teams drafted and developed.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Does Markannen solve a problem or create an interesting solution to problems we may not have?

The latter is how we've been operating in every season of Rob's tenure outside of 2020.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 2:43 pm    Post subject:

urbanturban wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
Inverse wrote:

DLO
BI
Vando
LeBron
AD

Amend this to include Daniels, likely that last pick, and you have a guard that can rebound, which let's AD get downcourt far more quickly.

Lebron could go, but I would venture that he goes back to the Cavs to finish off his career. That's Mitchell and Allen, completing AD's wish to move to the 4.

A starting 5 of Mitchell, Daniels, Ingram, AD and Allen with Vando and Christie off the bench sounds competitive...

If Lebron goes back to Cleveland it'll be in free agency. The Cavs owe him nothing at this point and trading valuable pieces for a 40 year old player doesn't make sense, even if it is Lebron. If the Cavs trade those guys it should be to get better long term, not to give Lebron a send off tour.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 2:59 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
Inverse wrote:

DLO
BI
Vando
LeBron
AD

yeah lets go get lonzo ball too

Ingram is like a poor mans Paul George who is always hurt and yall want to give up multiple picks??
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2577, 2578, 2579 ... 2620, 2621, 2622  Next
Page 2578 of 2622
Jump to: