NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2593, 2594, 2595 ... 2630, 2631, 2632  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 7:41 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
If you're a player looking to get paid, which LA team are you more interested in?

Neither, 2nd apron teams
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 7:43 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
If you're a player looking to get paid, which LA team are you more interested in?

Neither, 2nd apron teams

I think he is talking in general. Like how monk/Dennis got paid after showcasing here in LA
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 7:58 am    Post subject:

urbanturban wrote:
Wouldn't it be grand if the Lakes had figured out a way to get both Mitchell, Ingram and Dyson?

Hachi, Vincent and Christie + 3 picks for Mitchell.

Reaves, Dlo, Lewis and Hood for Ingram, Dyson.

@vasashi, my big question is can Dlo resign and be part of a trade like this to eat more capspace on the Ingram trade? No doubt the double-apron comes into play with Mitchell and Ingram coming back, and you is the dude.

Yo, my sombreromuchacho, nice out the box thinking…Nawlins knows that they got big money tied to Zion, McCollum and BI and it just hasn’t been good enough for them yet. With a notoriously frugal owner, they could be looking to offload big committed money and BI could be that cap casualty with the new tax bands coming into effect for the 2025/26 season. Teams have till next trade deadline (Feb ‘25) to get their affairs in order, cause that tax is looking to kill teams and I’m pretty sure small market NO wants no smoke! Plus, when it comes to Slim, I’m all about that smoke.

Now I ain’t 🧢’n, I was expecting him to bloom into a real defensive player, but Slenderman back in LA next to AD as well as linking up with Spyda, would be some fine perimeter lengf and athleticism towards our defensive potential, if possible. Never wanted to off BI in the first place and if AD had been taken into cap space instead of it being preserved for Kawhi who then became Green, then salary matching wise, BI could have been spared in the AD purge, especially if we gave up an extra pick (recall we gave up 3: ‘19 (#4 overall), ‘21 or ‘22 & ‘24 or ‘25. Had we made the AD trade more pick incentived, we could have given up ‘19, ‘21, ‘23, ‘25 & sprinkle in swaps in the in-between, if need be, as long as some of our young’ns were spared with AD taking up most of the cap space we created that summer. Imagine not only sparing BI & Kuz, but Iron💜 as well

Quote:
Mike Vorkunov: Josh Hart is AVERAGING 46.8 minutes per game in these playoffs. He’s played 40+ minutes in 10 straight games (including final two regular season games)

Shoulda, woulda, coulda, but ultimately didn’t…

As for if the potential cap sheet is 🧢 or not…

1) Bron 51.4m
2) AD 43.2m
3) BI 36m
4) Spydie 35.4m
5) Vando 10.7m
6) Dyson 5.6m
7) Wood 3m
8 - 13) 7 vet mins 12.4m
14) #55 via SRE 1.9m
= 199.5m in team salary with the projected 190m 2nd Apron breached. Even if we swapped Dyson & Wood out with true vet min cap hits at 2.07m each, we would still be roughly 5m over the triggered hardcap…so we would have to swap out Vando with a 5.2m tpMLE player just to barely be below the 2nd Apron hardcap for all this to work. Recall use of the tpMLE triggers the 2nd Apron, which was already triggered due to trade aggregation.

However, using a trade multiplier (ie salary matching >100% if outgoing salary) would trigger the 1st Apron as well so Hachi, Gabe & RFA MaxC S&t’d and priced at 7.4m at the minimum is 100% in salary to match for Spyda.

Whether DLo opts in & gets traded or opts out and gets S&t’d along with Reaves, JHS & MaxL would work 100% salary-wise to get to BI’s number, with Vando & Wood’s deals making up for any difference in salary necessary to carry out any of the 2 trades with NO & Cleveland. So at least, salary matching wise, we could make it work as long as DLo is willing to play ball on opt-in&t or a S&t. But if he’s not, we probably can’t bring in both of Spyda & BI. Also note, Dyson could be had along with BI as long as Vando is offloaded & we bypass the use of the tpMLE altogether.

So your possibility is possible, but a lot of things would have to work out in our favor to do so. Also, it is allowed to aggregate S&t’d players with other established outgoing salaried players, but the potential S&ts of DLo & MaxC would hardcap NO & Cleveland at the 179m 1st Apron since any inbound S&t’d triggers it.

Hope that answers your question fam.

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Thu May 09, 2024 8:05 am; edited 2 times in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 7:59 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Probably the Pelicans, the Lakers and Clippers can’t pay anyone.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:00 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

I probably wouldn’t go with either. It’s a different scenario from when Monk and Denis did it. When they did it, teams weren’t scrapped by these aprons and consequences. Because they are facing the issues, I think you almost have to say that you don’t take a discount just so other teams don’t expect you to take one and you set your price tag low. Taking a low offer now will probably stick you with low offers for years compared to the old way of an I eat 1 low year, show out and get paid
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:03 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
urbanturban wrote:
Wouldn't it be grand if the Lakes had figured out a way to get both Mitchell, Ingram and Dyson?

@vasashi, my big question is can Dlo resign and be part of a trade like this to eat more capspace on the Ingram trade? No doubt the double-apron comes into play with Mitchell and Ingram coming back, and you is the dude.

Yo, my sombreromuchacho, nice out the box thinking…Nawlins knows that they got big money tied to Zion, McCollum and BI and it just hasn’t been good enough for them yet. With a notoriously frugal owner, they could be looking to offload big committed money and BI could be that cap casualty with the new tax bands coming into effect for the 2025/26 season. Teams have till next trade deadline (Feb ‘25) to get their affairs in order, cause that tax is looking to kill teams and I’m pretty sure small market NO wants no smoke! Plus, when it comes to Slim, I’m all about that smoke.

Now I ain’t 🧢’n, I was expecting him to bloom into a real defensive player, but Slenderman back in LA next to AD as well as linking up with Spyda, would be some fine perimeter lengf and athleticism towards our defensive potential, if possible. Never wanted to off BI in the first place and if AD had been taken into cap space instead of it being preserved for Kawhi who then became Green, then salary matching wise, BI could have been spared in the AD purge, especially if we gave up an extra pick (recall we gave up 3: ‘19 (#4 overall), ‘21 or ‘22 & ‘24 or ‘25. Had we made the AD trade more pick incentived, we could have given up ‘19, ‘21, ‘23, ‘25 & sprinkle in swaps in the in-between, if need be. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, but ultimately didn’t…

1) Bron 51.4m
2) AD 43.2m
3) BI 36m
4) Spydie 35.4m
5) Vando 10.7m
6) Dyson 5.6m
7) Wood 3m
8 - 13) 7 vet mins 12.4m
14) #55 via SRE 1.9m
= 199.5m in team salary with the projected 190m 2nd Apron breached. Even if we swapped Dyson & Wood out with true vet min cap hits at 2.07m each, we would still be roughly 5m over the triggered hardcap…so we would have to swap out Vando with a 5.2m tpMLE player just to barely be below the 2nd Apron hardcap for all this to work. Recall use of the tpMLE triggers the 2nd Apron, which was already triggered due to trade aggregation.

However, using a trade multiplier (ie salary matching >100% if outgoing salary) would trigger the 1st Apron as well so Hachi, Gabe & RFA MaxC S&t’d and priced at 7.4m at the minimum is 100% in salary to match for Spyda.

Whether DLo opts in & gets traded or opts out and gets S&t’d along with Reaves, JHS & MaxL would work 100% salary-wise to get to BI’s number, with Vando & Wood’s deals making up for any difference in salary necessary to carry out any of the 2 trades with NO & Cleveland. So at least, salary matching wise, we could make it work as long as DLo is willing to play ball on opt-in&t or a S&t. But if he’s not, we probably can’t bring in both of Spyda & BI. Also note, Dyson could be had along with BI as long as Vando is offloaded & we bypass the use of the tpMLE altogether.

So your possibility is possible, but a lot of things would have to work out in our favor to do so. Also, it is allowed to aggregate S&t’d players with other established outgoing salaried players, but the potential S&ts of DLo & MaxC would hardcap NO & Cleveland at the 179m 1st Apron since any inbound S&t’d triggers it.

What if Bron helps… aka opt out then resign for not max… last, would that do anything?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:07 am    Post subject:

Kobe took max, lebron is taking max. Stop with lebron taking less.

It's just common sense. There was only 1 brain washed Tim Duncan
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:09 am    Post subject:

@gov: Yeah bro, but it depends on how much he’s willing to shave off the top. If it’s a significant haircut, then UT’s scenario could work where not only Vando gets spared, but Dyson can be traded for and the 2nd Apron triggering tpMLE could still be used as well. Bron @ 35m per tho? It’s possible, but can I get a “witness” cause I just can’t see it happen.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:11 am    Post subject:

I truly believe athletes should maximize their earning potential as much as they can.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:14 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:

Kawhi, Harden, Dirk, Bron himself, DWade all took less than max. I think even Kobe took less than his max (tho still made him highest paid) but yeah… unlikely, one can only hope
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:24 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

Kawhi, Harden, Dirk, Bron himself, DWade all took less than max. I think even Kobe took less than his max (tho still made him highest paid) but yeah… unlikely, one can only hope

After his Miami stint, Lebron said he was done taking discounts because of what he brings on the table.

Lebron only been the highest paid season player 1yr in his 21yrs career.

Plus Lebron taking a paycut will not open any significant capsapce to bring in someone else. Lebron can help get us under certain tax lines. But that only helps Jeanie’s pockets.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:26 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
governator wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

After his Miami stint, Lebron said he was done taking discounts because of what he brings on the table.

Plus Lebron taking a paycut will not open any significant capsapce to bring in someone else. Lebron can help get us under certain tax lines. But that only helps Jeanie’s pockets.

See above

vasashi17+ wrote:
@gov: Yeah bro, but it depends on how much he’s willing to shave off the top. If it’s a significant haircut, then UT’s scenario could work where not only Vando gets spared, but Dyson can be traded for and the 2nd Apron triggering tpMLE could still be used as well. Bron @ 35m per tho? It’s possible, but can I get a “witness” cause I just can’t see it happen.

Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:36 am    Post subject:

God I miss Josh Hart so much. Dude has such a good and funny personality and heck of a ball player too. Especially doing something almost none of scrubs and bigger players (except AD) can do…REBOUND.

Even with us, dude was occasionally getting 10+ boards. He’s always had great instincts for the ball, and is a true winner like he was with Nova.

People talk about Zubac, Caruso, KCP and missing them, but the one player I actually miss is Hart.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:40 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
governator wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

Tax lines have real implications now. If you want to use an exception, they start becomming hard caps in most scenarios.

On the flip side, LeBron brings in more value than he is paid. Team construction vs $$ is a compromise not strictly determined by Jeanie's pocketbook.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:44 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
God I miss Josh Hart so much. Dude has such a good and funny personality and heck of a ball player too. Especially doing something almost none of scrubs and bigger players (except AD) can do…REBOUND.

Even with us, dude was occasionally getting 10+ boards. He’s always had great instincts for the ball, and is a true winner like he was with Nova.

People talk about Zubac, Caruso, KCP and missing them, but the one player I actually miss is Hart.

thinking back, laker front office went all in for AD. sure he brought us the covid title, but besides that, i'd say AD's tenure as a Laker has been average at best, while costing the team a ton of young asset. i still don't understand why LeBron demanded AD, LeBron had his best years when paired up with a perimeter guy who can take over a game offensively. AD isn't that guy.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:48 am    Post subject:

jankobe wrote:
Keeping the core as per AD. Like Lebron, Himself, AR, Rui, Vando, Woods, maybe DLo?

Signing FA Center.

Trading Gabe, JHS?

Resigning TP, Cam, Dinwiddie?

Plus more importantly, a New Head Coach.
No need for Rui and Wood. It's either one or the other. Wood is the one that is on a bargain contract. If dlo walks and rui is traded you might have enough for a mid-level if bron takes a slight paycut. You could then trade Gabe and a pick for a big if you need to.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:49 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
governator wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:

See above

vasashi17+ wrote:

Bron is not taking that big of a discount… Specially not for BI.

Let’s say even if he does, it will be most likely for another Klutch client that he wants to bring in like Murray.

Maybe swap the deals above. Instead of Spida, it will be Murray. Who comes about $7-8m cheaper than Spida. Which puts Lebron’s salary more in the mid $43-45M range rather than $35m.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:52 am    Post subject:

Haven't watched that much of Lauri/ the Jazz. If we theoretically traded 3 picks for Lauri, how would he fit next to Lebron/ AD? I assume it's a bit of a Rui situation where there's no natural defender at the 3 given LeBron is more of a defensive 4 now?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 10:22 am    Post subject:

Don’t mind bringing Lonnie back, if Cam opts out and Prince don’t come back.

We’re missing his athleticism and shot making off the bench. Him and Christie would be nice duo off the bench to replace Rui’s production.

https://x.com/obolatcan24/status/1788375131355816392?s=46&t=2eY4h7X3tENv3uRTgQTQBA
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 10:49 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
I truly believe athletes should maximize their earning potential as much as they can.

If Lebron is worth a billion now. Lets say if he becomes an owner and parlays that one billion into five billion in ten years.

If you have five billion, would you rather have 5,180,000,000 and no title?

Or would you rather have 4,820,000,000 and one or two more titles?

Once you are that rich, what the f*ck difference does it make?

Do you think Ballmer rather have 180,000,000 more dollars or a title?

Does LBJ deserve the money for what he's done for the league?

Absolutely

But some things are more valuable than money, and tying Kobe or Michael would be worth a hell of a lot more than 180 million.

But we are talking LeBron here, a kid who grew up poor who won't even pay for Spotify premium.

So he won't even think of the value of winning a title and just take the money if Jeanie is dumb enough to pay.
urbanturban
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 12:26 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
urbanturban wrote:

Now I ain’t 🧢’n, I was expecting him to bloom into a real defensive player, but Slenderman back in LA next to AD as well as linking up with Spyda, would be some fine perimeter lengf and athleticism towards our defensive potential, if possible. Never wanted to off BI in the first place and if AD had been taken into cap space instead of it being preserved for Kawhi who then became Green, then salary matching wise, BI could have been spared in the AD purge, especially if we gave up an extra pick (recall we gave up 3: ‘19 (#4 overall), ‘21 or ‘22 & ‘24 or ‘25. Had we made the AD trade more pick incentived, we could have given up ‘19, ‘21, ‘23, ‘25 & sprinkle in swaps in the in-between, if need be, as long as some of our young’ns were spared with AD taking up most of the cap space we created that summer. Imagine not only sparing BI & Kuz, but Iron💜 as well

Quote:
Mike Vorkunov: Josh Hart is AVERAGING 46.8 minutes per game in these playoffs. He’s played 40+ minutes in 10 straight games (including final two regular season games)

Shoulda, woulda, coulda, but ultimately didn’t…

1) Bron 51.4m
2) AD 43.2m
3) BI 36m
4) Spydie 35.4m
5) Vando 10.7m
6) Dyson 5.6m
7) Wood 3m
8 - 13) 7 vet mins 12.4m
14) #55 via SRE 1.9m

Much appreciated holmes, always look forward to getting your insight.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 12:28 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

thinking back, laker front office went all in for AD. sure he brought us the covid title, but besides that, i'd say AD's tenure as a Laker has been average at best, while costing the team a ton of young asset. i still don't understand why LeBron demanded AD, LeBron had his best years when paired up with a perimeter guy who can take over a game offensively. AD isn't that guy.

Nah. The AD trade was worth it. Just that we probably should have kept Hart over Kuzma.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 1:11 pm    Post subject:

An under-the-radar name I've mentioned in the past is Kelly Olynyk, who can play alongside AD and at the same time won't demand to start. Toronto is already paying Poeltl a handsome amount and Olynyk doesn't really fit their timeline. He fits under the ntMLE from what I can tell but of course we have plenty of fodder to match if needed. I feel Toronto will ask for an FRP and I'm not sure he's worth that. And it's not like Toronto is anywhere near lux tax territory where they'd be desperate to offload his salary. They have Indy's 1st and Detroit's 2nd...maybe a swap with our upcoming 1st is a reasonable compromise. Ideally you want a future pick though to use in a deal later along with the rest of the picks.

Last edited by gng930 on Thu May 09, 2024 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Rui + 3FRPs for Lauri
D'lo for DFS

AD / Wood / Hayes
Bron / Lauri / DFS / Vando / Reddish / Lewis
Gabe / AR / Christie / JHS

Still got the MLE for a guard or center. Hopefully a center.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 1:52 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
Rui + 3FRPs for Lauri
D'lo for DFS

AD / Wood / Hayes
Bron / Lauri / DFS / Vando / Reddish / Lewis
Gabe / AR / Christie / JHS

Still got the MLE for a guard or center. Hopefully a center.

Jazz will hang up the phone real quick with that offer

DLO has more value then just a average role player in DFS
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2593, 2594, 2595 ... 2630, 2631, 2632  Next
Page 2594 of 2632
Jump to: