*** 2022-2023 NBA Season Discussion thread ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 200, 201, 202 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:25 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
My new estimate next 8 games now that warriors has beaten the Sixers:

7+ wins, big chance of 6th place
5 wins, 7th or 8th spot
3 wins, 9th or 10th spot
2 wins and below, they might be out of the play-in

I think 4 wins is more than enough for 7/8th. Assuming we beat Utah twice.

yup
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 37-37

PHX 38-35
GSW 39-36

NO 36-37
OKC 36-38
Dallas 36-38
UTA 35-38
POR 32-41

mad55557777 wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
I can't believe DAL lost to the Hornets AT HOME. LMAO.

We are in great position now for that 7 seed.

6 seed might be a stretch now with GSW turning it up.

GSW plays Minny, NOP, OKC at home, they will beat all 3 and that will help us.

Then we need PHX to keep losing.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:27 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Only 1 game back in the loss column from the Warriors, and we have the tiebreaker over them. Gotta at least split the next 2 with the Bulls. And gotta get the 8 at least. Odds of making the playoffs as the 8 go up significantly, as opposed to if you are stuck in the 9/10 game.

The Bulls are in 10th but only 1 GB of Atlanta for 8th, and a half-game back of Toronto for 9th, and are 2.5 up on Indiana and Washington for that final play-in spot. So we know they are going to play all-out, and of course DeRozan will play in both games. As I said, we have to at least split those 2 games. Of course you'd love to go 2-0, but going 1-1 won't kill us. Going 0-2 would be extremely problematic, and could mean we drop back down to 12th. It's just so jam-packed!

no way they going 0-2 against bulls. 1-1 at least.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:33 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Only 1 game back in the loss column from the Warriors, and we have the tiebreaker over them. Gotta at least split the next 2 with the Bulls. And gotta get the 8 at least. Odds of making the playoffs as the 8 go up significantly, as opposed to if you are stuck in the 9/10 game.

The Bulls are in 10th but only 1 GB of Atlanta for 8th, and a half-game back of Toronto for 9th, and are 2.5 up on Indiana and Washington for that final play-in spot. So we know they are going to play all-out, and of course DeRozan will play in both games. As I said, we have to at least split those 2 games. Of course you'd love to go 2-0, but going 1-1 won't kill us. Going 0-2 would be extremely problematic, and could mean we drop back down to 12th. It's just so jam-packed!

No reason to jinx us! I take nothing for granted. Absolutely nothing. Especially if D'lo remains out. Last time he was injured, we were told it was day-to-day and he missed, what, 6 games? So you never know.

I'm glad KD is coming back for that Minnesota game, apparently. I'd rather have a Minnesota loss there.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:51 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
leking006 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

No reason to jinx us! I take nothing for granted. Absolutely nothing. Especially if D'lo remains out. Last time he was injured, we were told it was day-to-day and he missed, what, 6 games? So you never know.

I'm glad KD is coming back for that Minnesota game, apparently. I'd rather have a Minnesota loss there.

I mean, perhaps, but you can also hope for PHX to go 0-3 across their next 3 games and for the Lakers go 3-0. Because then the Lakers record is 40-37 and Phoenix's record is 38-38 and their game vs Minnesota becomes a game about who gets put further into the play-in under us.

And if Phoenix is knocked out of the top 6 the Lakers have a chance at being the 6th seed behind Golden State.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:03 am    Post subject:

2 games behind the 4th seed
MikeTrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:31 am    Post subject:

Don't want the 4th/5th seed to play Phoenix. Dirty ass flopper CP3 would probably injure someone.

6th/7th would be alright
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:46 am    Post subject:

Saturday games to watch.

76ers vs Suns
Jazz vs Kings
Pelicans vs Clippers
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:51 am    Post subject:

OKC has a really easy remaining schedule
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:10 am    Post subject:

MikeTrout wrote:
Don't want the 4th/5th seed to play Phoenix. Dirty ass flopper CP3 would probably injure someone.

6th/7th would be alright

Doesn’t matter who we play though. We have to win. I don’t think a fully healthy laker squad is worried about any team.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:11 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:

Good. Hope that means the Pels get to keep their draft pick 😂
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:26 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
MikeTrout wrote:

6th/7th would be alright

Doesn’t matter who we play though. We have to win. I don’t think a fully healthy laker squad is worried about any team.

Pretty much. A fully healthy Lebron, AD, DLO, Reaves, etc can beat anybody.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:27 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:

Good thing they will play behind us now that we own the tiebreaker over them.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:32 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
leking006 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Chicago is 9-5 since the break, with wins against the Sixers, Nuggets, Heat and the T-Pups who we struggled with.

They are also third in scoring differential (helped buy an absolute blowout of the Dame-less Blazers)

Im hoping for a split.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:36 am    Post subject:

Tonight we want:

Kings over Jazz
Sixers over Suns
Clippers over Pelicans
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Pelicans over Clippers if we're feeling risky. Clippers have a pretty tough schedule (Grizzlies 2x, Suns, Lakers, Pelicans 2x, and Bulls) and no PG for the rest of the regular season.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Man this is the craziest ending to a regular season I can remember. It’s been must win games for half the western conference for over a month now.

I usually don’t watch regular season games outside of Lakers games but so much on the line with all these teams jammed packed in the standings.

If we make it to the playoffs…all these must-win game experiences will prove to be vital for our young guys going forward.

We’ve basically been in do or die mode the whole season lol, hopefully this will have prepared our roster for the pressure of the playoffs. Not to mention, since our situation became dire, we’ve been getting every teams best shot. Ever single game, teams came in with the intention to remove us from the playoff picture, the intensity and hustle the opposition brought against us was playoff level effort. If we weather this storm, I like our chances…Just gotta get healthy!!!!

Last edited by Brawn13 on Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:15 pm    Post subject:

💯 This team SHOULD BE 14 & 1 in last 15 games!!!
HC: Riley
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Man this is the craziest ending to a regular season I can remember. It’s been must win games for half the western conference for over a month now.

I usually don’t watch regular season games outside of Lakers games but so much on the line with all these teams jammed packed in the standings.

If we make it to the playoffs…all these must-win game experiences will prove to be vital for our young guys going forward.

We’ve basically been in do or die mode the whole season lol, hopefully this will have prepared our roster for the pressure of the playoffs. Not to mention, since our situation became dire, we’ve been getting every teams best shot. Ever single game, teams came in with the intention to remove us from the playoff picture, the intensity and hustle the opposition brought against us was playoff level effort. If we weather this storm, I like our chances…Just gotta get healthy!!!!

The play-in has created something we have never seen before. I’m sure the NBA is happy to have this insane race and they probably hope that it stays this way in future seasons. It’s like a pseudo relegation…except for the bottom 2 or 3 tanking teams in each conference, everyone has a chance to play past the 82 game regular season.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

The play-in has created something we have never seen before. I’m sure the NBA is happy to have this insane race and they probably hope that it stays this way in future seasons. It’s like a pseudo relegation…except for the bottom 2 or 3 tanking teams in each conference, everyone has a chance to play past the 82 game regular season.

It has certainly made the regular season more watchable
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow23_ wrote:
Pelicans over Clippers if we're feeling risky. Clippers have a pretty tough schedule (Grizzlies 2x, Suns, Lakers, Pelicans 2x, and Bulls) and no PG for the rest of the regular season.

True, but I believe the clips have the tie breaker over us, which makes it really tough to jump past them. But it would be amazing if we could. Preferred Pels loss today, but it isn’t too bad for us either if they beat the Clips.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:

They have an easy next 4 games. Then they have the Suns with KD back. the Warriors, the Jazz, and the Grizzlies
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:36 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Lakeshow23_ wrote:

True, but I believe the clips have the tie breaker over us, which makes it really tough to jump past them. But it would be amazing if we could. Preferred Pels loss today, but it isn’t too bad for us either if they beat the Clips.

They currently do, but only 1-0 against us. The 2nd and final game is on April 5th. If we win that game, tiebreaker changes.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Lakeshow23_ wrote:

They currently do, but only 1-0 against us. The 2nd and final game is on April 5th. If we win that game, tiebreaker changes.

What? Clippers beat us 3 games already. It doesn't matter if we win the 4th, they already own the tiebreaker.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Ah that’s weird. I forgot we played them the other two times. At least my memories of Westbrick as a Laker are fading gracefully.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 200, 201, 202 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 201 of 284
Jump to: