*** 2022-2023 NBA Season Discussion thread ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 209, 210, 211 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:27 pm    Post subject:

It doesn't really matter, Thunder have a very tough last 4 games and this doesn't bode well for them
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:27 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Dallas tanking for Victor it seems

I wonder if Luka is facing off court issues or if Kyrie and Luka is just an emotionally bad fit as well as an on the court bad fit

One thing I've noticed is how easily he packs on the pounds. It definitely affects his conditioning and injury risk. Apparently he's been over the team limit in weight multiple times, so I don't think he's impervious to blame, even though he did carry them for the first 55 games or so. His body also breaking down, which is expected at this point in the season. Everyone is playing with some nagging injury. They can tank for Wemby for sure, but he will have durability concerns, too.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:29 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
drae wrote:

I wonder if Luka is facing off court issues or if Kyrie and Luka is just an emotionally bad fit as well as an on the court bad fit

One thing I've noticed is how easily he packs on the pounds. It definitely affects his conditioning and injury risk. Apparently he's been over the team limit in weight multiple times, so I don't think he's impervious to blame, even though he did carry them for the first 55 games or so. His body also breaking down, which is expected at this point in the season. Everyone is playing with some nagging injury. They can tank for Wemby for sure, but he will have durability concerns, too.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Luka doesn’t exceed winning expectations in his NBA career yeah he will make some deep runs in the next couple of years but I don’t think he’s gonna win championships if he ends up staying in Dallas
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:29 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
drae wrote:

I believe their pick this year is top 10 protected. So dont be surprise if they are trying to get in there also. I think they are realizing that they’re not winning the title this year.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:30 pm    Post subject:

wolves up 8
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:32 pm    Post subject:

I personally like Luka. He smokes. He has issues with his mom. He doesn't have any particular thing that amazes you with his body.

But he's one of the best players in the NBA by far and a franchise player. How he pulls that off with all the rest shows you how good a player he is.

He's a lot like Shaq in some ways. People will probably always wish he were a bit fitter, or had a better offseason lifestyle, etc. but game time he's an alpha and goes all out. I think Luka would make a fantastic Laker, but I doubt Cuban will ever let him go.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Luka is Lebron without the strength and athleticism…
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:40 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

Yeah, but I think Luka has a better outside shot and range than Lebron at the same age. I'd take Luka with the shot clock winding down in the clutch over Lebron. Assuming all else is the same (Teammates).

Overall the athleticism and strength tilts it to Lebron for sure, but if I had one possession and the ball to run through a player, I'd probably trust Luka more to make and create the shot there than Lebron for some reason.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Kat 3 haha
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:10 pm    Post subject:

damn warriors suck
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:22 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
damn warriors suck

Wiggins hasn't returned yet. They're not going anywhere without him
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:34 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Yeah, but I think Luka has a better outside shot and range than Lebron at the same age. I'd take Luka with the shot clock winding down in the clutch over Lebron. Assuming all else is the same (Teammates).

Overall the athleticism and strength tilts it to Lebron for sure, but if I had one possession and the ball to run through a player, I'd probably trust Luka more to make and create the shot there than Lebron for some reason.

Luka reminds me more of a taller Harden that is clutch.

troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:10 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
troy wrote:
damn warriors suck

Warriors made dumb mistakes late. They had that game in the bag and literally gave it away.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:12 pm    Post subject:

We got the tie breaker over the warriors, so I'm ok catching them over minny
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:37 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
drae wrote:
troy wrote:
damn warriors suck

Warriors made dumb mistakes late. They had that game in the bag and literally gave it away.

96-95 with 20 seconds left and ball in their hands

https://twitter.com/bballbreakdown/status/1640188395141103616?s=46&t=PATrpCmo7F1dZ6XuhRNmlg

To=> Kat 3 => game over
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:46 pm    Post subject:

The weird thing about the wolves game was that Ant didn't take over late. Barely touched the ball. He must not be 100% or are they really letting Kat be the guy down the stretch?

Either way, hope to see Kat crying again when he's booted out the first round.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:02 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I don't understand how Luka isn't a 40% 3-point shooter yet. He's so good at hitting 3s with the shot clock running down, and he's so skilled overall that he should be one of the best 3-point shooters (and free throw shooters too) in the game.

To me he's more Larry Bird than LeBron. Luka plays the game at a really slow pace, unlike LeBron who, even at age 38, needs to on a fast-breaking team.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:09 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I almost agreed with you until I checked Luka’s career 3p%… I didn’t know realized Luka is career 33% shooter. I thought he was better than that. At least mid to high 30s.

Not sure Luka can carry those early Cavs team deep in the playoffs. Issue with Luka is that he only play one side of the ball.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:38 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I almost agreed with you until I checked Luka’s career 3p%… I didn’t know realized Luka is career 33% shooter. I thought he was better than that. At least mid to high 30s.

Not sure Luka can carry those early Cavs team deep in the playoffs. Issue with Luka is that he only play one side of the ball.

Luka is an amazing player and I love watching him, but he's not carrying those early Cav teams. At one point Bron scored 25 straight points for his team through double overtime to get the Cavs a 3-2 lead over the Pistons in ... 07? Luka isn't doing that. Also for some reason Luka is losing fitness through the season? I don't know why, but Lebron played 50 mins in that game and I don't think Luka has the conditioning for the sorts of grueling games you have to play when you carry a club.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:09 am    Post subject:

Luka vs. Lebron

The first five years.

Luka is outscoring him (check out the per 36), outrebounding him, making more dimes than young LBJ

I mean it's true that Luka could squander his talents like Shaq did but remember that half the people on this board are LBJ fans.

They can't look at the data objectively.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:37 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Luka vs. Lebron

The first five years.

Luka is outscoring him (check out the per 36), outrebounding him, making more dimes than young LBJ

I mean it's true that Luka could squander his talents like Shaq did but remember that half the people on this board are LBJ fans.

I’ve always said the closest player to breaking Lebron’s all time scoring is Luka. He is offensively gifted on that side of the ball. However he is nowhere close to Lebron on the other side of the ball.

Crazy thing with Luka is how great he is now. So will he take his game to another level when he enters his prime? Or is this the best Luka we’ll ever see? Also can he play like this in a consistent level for 15+ years. Right now he already about a season behind from Lebron in missed games at the same age. When is Luka going to hit his peak wall? Lebron never really hit it until probably a couple years ago.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:48 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
I’ve always said the closest player to breaking Lebron’s all time scoring is Luka. He is offensively gifted on that side of the ball. However he is nowhere close to Lebron on the other side of the ball.

He also had the help of Porzingis for 3 of his first 4 years which helped with the workload and other things.

Dunno if Luka will break the all time record, it doesn't feel like Luka's really that interested in playing til he's a grandpa in the league like Lebron has
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:13 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Luka vs. Lebron

The first five years.

Check the second box: raw totals. It isn't close on points. This is mostly because Doncic doesn't have the supernatural durability that Lebron had for most of his career. The pandemic also affected the numbers somewhat, but the basic point remains.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:33 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I don't understand how Luka isn't a 40% 3-point shooter yet. He's so good at hitting 3s with the shot clock running down, and he's so skilled overall that he should be one of the best 3-point shooters (and free throw shooters too) in the game.

To me he's more Larry Bird than LeBron. Luka plays the game at a really slow pace, unlike LeBron who, even at age 38, needs to on a fast-breaking team.

LeBron, with half court weapons, has always played one of the slowest offenses. He'd slow the pace down even more in the playoffs.
The annoying thing about sports and politics is someone or something can go a certain way for 20 years, and yet the consensus can somehow be the exact opposite.

2009: 25th
25th
20th
16th
23rd
27th
25th
28th
2017: 16th
2020: 11th
2021: 21st

Only in LA with more defensive oriented, less offensively talented teams, has he pushed the pace. The pace of the last two seasons is about Russ.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Luka vs. Lebron

The first five years.

Look at Luka's usage, his touches, seconds per touch, etc. Luka and prime Harden are in their own tier with regards to ball dominance.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 209, 210, 211 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 210 of 284
Jump to: