*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers (10/20/22 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm# 2 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject:

Lakers haven't won the season series against the Clippers since Jeanie took over and they swept us last year even without Kawhi. I'm bracing for another beatdown. Got the lube ready.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject:

I am not trying to be disgruntled, but the Clippers are better than we are without their big 2.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I am not trying to be disgruntled, but the Clippers are better than we are without their big 2.

Clippers have always had good bench and good depth it’s why they always compete, the Lakers bench especially now with Bryant and Schroeder out is really thin.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:02 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Let's build up these losses early so this idiot GM has to deal with the heat. Starting 2 and 8 should get it done.

Jeanie has already given him an extension until 2026. Not sure if there's another GM in the league whose a close friend of the owner. The only heat Pelinka would be feeling is from his cup of coffee.

Remember, Magic resigned so if he didn't, he'd probably still the GM right now despite all the boneheaded moves that he made. If you take Lebron away from Pelinka, Pelinka would pretty much be like Magic right now.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject:

The material Pelinka could provide if he was fired would produce three good seasons of Winning Time.

Jeanie and LBJ will be kissing his ass until he hits retirement age.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Los Angeles Clippers have been considering the possibility of bringing Kawhi Leonard off the bench to start the season in order to manage his minutes, league sources tell @YahooSports.

I hope they do. He’s more likely to not be able to be available in the playoffs.

Just like the NFL, sitting out preseason has led to more injuries across the league.

The less Kawhi plays, the more likely his availability won’t be certain when it matters. Nothing against Kawhi, just don’t want to see the Clippers win particularly when Jeanie has turned the Lakers into the no chance of winning Knicks west.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

That’s the biggest criminal offense done by Jeanie, Lakers FO and LeKlutch.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject:

This year it's better that the Clippers win over the Pelicans.

We need as many strong teams in the West as possible to protect what's left of our draft pick.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:09 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

We need as many strong teams in the West as possible to protect what's left of our draft pick.

I’m saying the chip. Not much difference in late 20s picks which is what the Pels and Clippers will be anyway.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:09 am    Post subject:

Clippers can rest all their starters and still beat Lakers. That is how well lakers are constructed.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:11 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

That's true. Pels, Clippers and Warriors are the favorites assuming no major injuries. If Clippers and Pels met in the playoffs, I would root for the Clippers because the Lakers need all the tiny breaks possible because of how asset depleted they are.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:11 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

I’m saying the chip. Not much difference in late 20s picks which is what the Pels and Clippers will be anyway.

If both teams stay healthy... we are screwed.

I'm not going to hope either team gets injured but that's the only thing that would stop that scenario.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:20 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
Los Angeles Clippers have been considering the possibility of bringing Kawhi Leonard off the bench to start the season in order to manage his minutes, league sources tell @YahooSports.

I hope they do. He’s more likely to not be able to be available in the playoffs.

Just like the NFL, sitting out preseason has led to more injuries across the league.

The less Kawhi plays, the more likely his availability won’t be certain when it matters. Nothing against Kawhi, just don’t want to see the Clippers win particularly when Jeanie has turned the Lakers into the no chance of winning Knicks west.

Tired of these guys making 20-30-40 million having to load manage all the time. Load manage their salaries.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:40 am    Post subject:

Want to see a lot of drive and kick tonight. Russ and Lebron need to make these MFing role players into shooters through repetition.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:53 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

One of the sports doctors I follow made a comment about this on Twitter after whoever it was tweeted this. And then immediately a bunch of Not doctors jumped in saying "yes it does! it does make a difference! yes it does!"

It only makes a difference because he's not playing. It doesn't mean that the very next time he goes out on the court he won't get injured. Obviously I hope he doesn't but it's like you know there are no guarantees in life, no matter how much you "load manage".
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:55 am    Post subject:

Ankywhoo I shall be at the game tonight. Hope we lock in and play well like first half of Tuesday.

Let's Go Lakers!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Want to see a lot of drive and kick tonight. Russ and Lebron need to make these MFing role players into shooters through repetition.

they are open for a reason, but the upside is they can get hot once in a while, maybe tonight is the night.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

they are open for a reason, but the upside is they can get hot once in a while, maybe tonight is the night.

Lebron should play with the mentality that if a wide open shooter misses 10 shots in a row, he would still pass to that player assuming he's still open. Don't do anything differently because it might affect his confidence. Laker players should feel easy and chill while playing. Thats why a lot of players play better on other teams because they don't feel as much pressure to perform.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:16 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

Lebron should play with the mentality that if a wide open shooter misses 10 shots in a row, he would still pass to that player assuming he's still open. Don't do anything differently because it might affect his confidence. Laker players should feel easy and chill while playing. Thats why a lot of players play better on other teams because they don't feel as much pressure to perform.

we are so bad at shooting that Lebron has no lane to drive so he has to settle for jump shots himself.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject:

Must lose
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

we are so bad at shooting that Lebron has no lane to drive so he has to settle for jump shots himself.

We have to stick with the gameplan. Lebron making a difficult shot over passing it to a wide open shooter would only set him up to attempt more difficult shots. We won't win that way. I mean our shooters were bad last game but that's not their career percentages. PatBev is like a career 38% 3pt shooter so he will make his percentage.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:09 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Ankywhoo I shall be at the game tonight. Hope we lock in and play well like first half of Tuesday.

Let's Go Lakers!

LAKERS VICTORY CONFIRMED!!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:14 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Let's Go Lakers!

LAKERS VICTORY CONFIRMED!!

Gonna look for you on TV!!! wear a stethoscope or something!

GO LAKERS!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:17 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

One of the sports doctors I follow made a comment about this on Twitter after whoever it was tweeted this. And then immediately a bunch of Not doctors jumped in saying "yes it does! it does make a difference! yes it does!"

It only makes a difference because he's not playing. It doesn't mean that the very next time he goes out on the court he won't get injured. Obviously I hope he doesn't but it's like you know there are no guarantees in life, no matter how much you "load manage".

I’m not a sports science doctor and I know there are various arguments, but just judging from what I have seen, wrapping your athletes in bubble wrap doesn’t really work.

I do believe you can wear out an athlete like starting pitchers in MLB that fade when August happens but I have seen teams get smart about the former “dead arm” explanation and shut pitchers down so that they are locked and loaded for September and postseason.

I just think, all things being equal, the less someone is taking in game reps the more likely they are to get injured when they do play. Imo the culture of no contact practices in NFL has contributed too. I also think of McVay’s favorite injury term “soft tissue” issue.

At some point you got to play and just whatever happens happens. I suspect hockey will have more injuries too as eventually the idea of “load managing” eventually trickles into that traditionally rugged and mean sport
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject:

One could argue that it's about giving your body time to rest.
Playing is fine as long as your body isnt in a fatigued state which I thought the science was showing could lead to more injuries?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 2 of 31
Jump to: