Dodgers 2023 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101 ... 312, 313, 314  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Martinez, with his 16 homers, has now equaled his HR total from all of last season. After that slow start, he's been incredible.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:21 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
JD Martinez with a 3 run shot!!!!!

Dodgers 9-0.

We can now bring Syndi for relief duty

In order for Miller to get the win, we can only give up 2 or less runs right?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Bobby Miller's ERA in his first four starts 0.78.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Great win.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Miller’s on his way to at least runner up for ROY. That’s great but we’ll lose 1 yr of control over this stud.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm honestly pretty surprised they're letting him go over 100 pitches. No babying his arm so far.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:39 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
I'm honestly pretty surprised they're letting him go over 100 pitches. No babying his arm so far.

Miller has been impressive -- he should be 4-0
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Some of this stuff we've heard before, like linking Anderson to the Dodgers. But I don't think we discussed that Anderson's contract next year is actually a $14MM club option, did we? I think that changes things quite a bit, as you could potentially choose to use him as a rental, not locking in that salary for next year if you don't want to. It gives you options. Even if you didn't want him back next year, let's say he finishes the season strong. He'd easily be worth a 1 year, $14MM contract next year (that's less than the QO amount). So perhaps you could exercise the option and then flip him for something useful, if you were convinced you didn't want him back. Anyway, here's this piece...

https://dodgersnation.com/mlb-insider-suggests-busy-trade-deadline-for-the-dodgers/2023/06/10/
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Vincent Samperio
@vincesince91
·
7m
I’m hearing Landon Knack is getting called up to OKC.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:14 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Vincent Samperio
@vincesince91
·
7m
I’m hearing Landon Knack is getting called up to OKC.

Yeah, he was drafted in the same draft as Miller and Stone so he's a bit behind those 2.

Good to see him doing well this year.

Looks like we're 3/6 in the 2020 draft so far:

Quote:
1st Rd: Bobby Miller
2nd Rd: Landon Knack
2nd Rd: Clayton Beeter
3rd Rd: Jake Vogel
4th Rd: Carson Taylor
5th Rd: Gavin Stone
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:21 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Some of this stuff we've heard before, like linking Anderson to the Dodgers. But I don't think we discussed that Anderson's contract next year is actually a $14MM club option, did we? I think that changes things quite a bit, as you could potentially choose to use him as a rental, not locking in that salary for next year if you don't want to. It gives you options. Even if you didn't want him back next year, let's say he finishes the season strong. He'd easily be worth a 1 year, $14MM contract next year (that's less than the QO amount). So perhaps you could exercise the option and then flip him for something useful, if you were convinced you didn't want him back. Anyway, here's this piece...

https://dodgersnation.com/mlb-insider-suggests-busy-trade-deadline-for-the-dodgers/2023/06/10/

From the article:

Quote:
Anderson has made the All-Star team in each of the last two seasons and would bring some energy to the club. However, he has struggled a bit to start the 2023 season. He has an OPS of .623 and has yet to hit any home runs. But this could work in the teams favor possibly as they may be able to acquire him for a lesser package due to his struggles. Anderson is on a club option for next season at $14 million so the team would have a chance to see what he brings and then decide how to go forward.

Yeah, it's all about the price to me. We'll definitely poke around, see what the price is.

If it's cheap enough, then we can certainly use him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:46 pm    Post subject:

^
Yep. For me it's the flexibility that the 2024 club option provides. Let's say he doesn't do too well for us. OK, it's a pretty easy decision, you just decline the option and you don't have to have that salary on your books. However, let's say he plays quite well for us. Now you have an asset on your hands, at 1 year and $14MM for 2024. At the very least, you should be able to move him for either a prospect or two, or another useful MLB piece. But it could also give you the option to trade someone else, such as Muncy, and keep in mind that Muncy would have a club option next season too, at just $10MM. Even with the batting average being so low, if he maintains this power pace, he's easily worth that and he should be quite movable, particularly for a team looking for a 1B/DH type. You could potentially move Vargas to 3B and have Lux/Anderson as your middle infield, and remember that Anderson played a fine 2B during the WBC. They may prefer to keep Lux at 2B a year after his ACL tear, too, who knows. If they did that, while signing Ohtani, you'd be replacing Muncy with Ohtani in the lineup (a win), while improving the 3B defense from Muncy to Vargas, and improving the 2B defense from Vargas (who is out of position there) to either Lux or Anderson.

In previous discussions about Anderson, we were worried that the salary for next season would complicate matters. The club option for 2024 really changes the equation.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:50 pm    Post subject:

^^^

Yeah, but that option doesn't come for free. The White Sox sees that option as an asset and wants to be paid accordingly for it.

It's better than if Anderson was a 1/2 yr rental and it's better than if Anderson was on a 2 yr contract. So the White Sox sees that as a bonus also. They'd want compensation for it.

Just giving an example, let's say Anderson as a 1/2 yr rental would cost us a Landon Knack (#18).

Anderson: 1/2 yr rental + 2024 team option might cost Landon Knack (#18) + Jonny DeLuca (#20).

Just throwing out names.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
^^^

Yeah, but that option doesn't come for free. The White Sox sees that option as an asset and wants to be paid accordingly for it.

It's better than if Anderson was a 1/2 yr rental and it's better than if Anderson was on a 2 yr contract. So the White Sox sees that as a bonus also. They'd want compensation for it.

Just giving an example, let's say Anderson as a 1/2 yr rental would cost us a Landon Knack.

Anderson with a 2024 team option might cost Landon Knack + Jonny DeLuca.

Just throwing out names.

Yeah, that's fair, as it does give the team more control. I don't think we see DeLuca as part of our future, so that's probably a player we're plenty willing to part with. The better prospect that we'd have to give up, yes, that would be an interesting one. Perhaps Busch makes the most sense, as he might be blocked on our squad and since Chicago could use a long-term second baseman.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:02 pm    Post subject:

^^^

Yeah, Busch is definitely our biggest trade chip right now. He's our (Josiah Gray and Keibert Ruiz).

I think we're weighing our options on who we want to acquire for Busch. For sure, I think Busch is enough to fetch Anderson.

We might want more for Busch. We'll see.

Gavin Stone might be in that mix as well. Looks like we struck gold with Miller. So we've already got one keeper out of our AAA rotation (Miller, Stone, Pepiot, Grove).

Stone went back to AAA and so far hasn't fared well in his 2 most recent starts:

Quote:
June 3: 4.1ip, 3 runs, 6 BB, 6 K
June 9: 4.1ip, 6 runs, 1 BB, 3 K

Yeah, something happened to him after that great Spring Training. He got sent back to AAA and hasn't been the same since.

But with our AA rotation doing so well, we're going to start needing room to promote those AA arms to AAA OKC.

Like you said, Landon Knack just got promoted. I think the others are soon to follow.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:24 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
^^^

Yeah, Busch is definitely our biggest trade chip right now. He's our (Josiah Gray and Keibert Ruiz).

I think we're weighing our options on who we want to acquire for Busch. For sure, I think Busch is enough to fetch Anderson.

We might want more for Busch. We'll see.

I would agree that we'd be hoping for more, perhaps a capable starting pitcher. Busch is listed as the #40 overall MLB prospect, and #3 for the Dodgers. Is Busch enough of a headliner to get Marcus Stroman?

As for Stone, something just appeared off with his pitches, with his stuff. I mean, Grayson Rodriguez got bludgeoned before he was sent back down, but the stuff wasn't the problem. Stone's pitches just looked lifeless to me, which was a stark contrast from how he looked in Spring Training. And yes, I'm aware of the difference in competition, but to me it's just something you can see in terms of the pitch quality. I really don't know why. He could be pitching with some slight discomfort, for all we know. But it's something. He just doesn't look the same.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:33 pm    Post subject:

^^^

I'd compare Stroman to Carlos Rodon last year. He has an opt out after this yr but also a player option for 2024 for $21M.

That's a drawback for teams. That's a $21M risk should he blow out his arm or something.

He should cost less than if he was just a 1/2 yr rental.

I think Busch should be enough for Stroman. I think the price might be even less than Busch.

The Giants tried to sell high on Rodon last yr but they couldn't find takers. They ended up keeping him and letting him go in free agency.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:52 am    Post subject:

- Check out this stat:

Quote:
Landon Knack struck out eight and walked none in his 7⅔ innings on Saturday for Double-A Tulsa, the first starter in the Dodgers organization — majors and minors — to pitch into the eighth inning in 2023.

- Looks like Caleb Ferguson starts today and it’s a BP game

- Looks like we’ve promoted 2 of our AA pitchers to AAA OKC:

Quote:
Per a report from Josh Thomas at Dodgers Digest, both Knack and Emmet Sheehan earned promotions to Triple-A Oklahoma City after incredible starts with Tulsa.

- Sheehan I think for sure will be on the next top 100 list

Quote:
1.86 ERA
53.1ip
88 K
23 BB
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:25 am    Post subject:

Bullpen game today, luckily didn't have to exhaust any arms in yesterday's blowout.

Seems like LA's wildcard bound this season as Dbags won't quit.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:19 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Bullpen game today, luckily didn't have to exhaust any arms in yesterday's blowout.

Seems like LA's wildcard bound this season as Dbags won't quit.

Trailing 3-1 isn't too bad considering it's a bp game.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:35 am    Post subject:

- Ferguson sucks

- The 2 recent minor league relievers called up sucked today: (Scott - 2 runs / Robertson - 3 runs)

- Adam Kolarek is still in mlb and he is back pitching for us!

- Vesia gave up a run

- only 3 hits today

- Here's our last 7 series (after being 28-16) after we lose today:

Quote:
@ STL (1-3)
@ ATL (2-1)
@ TB (1-2)
vs WAS (2-1)
vs NYY (1-2)
@ CIN (1-2)
@ PHI (1-2)

Lost 5/7 series

Total: 9-13
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:04 pm    Post subject:

- Down 7-2, bases loaded no outs top of the 8th.

- Do miracles happen?

- Muncy grounds out, of course.

.191 avg now, pitiful. Time to change his step back into a hop back?

- 2 outs now, 7-3, 1st and 3rd, Chris Taylor pinch hitter for Peralta.

- Expect a strikeout or HR...

- Yeah, it wasn't a HR...

- Bases loaded no outs, only got 1 run out of it.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:04 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
- Ferguson sucks

- The 2 recent minor league relievers called up sucked today: (Scott - 2 runs / Robertson - 3 runs)

- Adam Kolarek is still in mlb and he is back pitching for us!

- Vesia gave up a run

- only 3 hits today

- Here's our last 7 series (after being 28-16) after we lose today:

Quote:
@ STL (1-3)
@ ATL (2-1)
@ TB (1-2)
vs WAS (2-1)
vs NYY (1-2)
@ CIN (1-2)
@ PHI (1-2)

Lost 5/7 series

Total: 9-13

Of course there's a reason why they are BP material --- they SUCK!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Kimbrel pitching the 9th, down 7-3.

Time for Kimbrel to pay us back for last year.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:26 pm    Post subject:

another crappy road trip -- we're going nowhere with this pitching staff
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 99, 100, 101 ... 312, 313, 314  Next
Page 100 of 314
Jump to: