QFTOS: DLO Trade from Jazz fans' perspective

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:38 pm    Post subject: QFTOS: DLO Trade from Jazz fans' perspective

JazzFanz.com:
EARLY REPORTS

Quote:
The seem l like a lot to give up for two Lakers picks . . .I wonder what else is included.

Quote:
I feel like it has to be both picks, possibly with protections on one of them, but Shams says "one pick" in his original post. I've got faith in Ainge though.

Quote:
so much bs in these rumors. I dont buy there has been any real discussion that appeals to Danny the Master, regarding making a team in Min that he own the unprotected pick from better, or eating the deal of a massively overpaid, has been, head case, just for a future first.
No if anything the discussions have only taken place so he could start fielding real offers from other teams with better assets for Beasley JC etc.
If we do any deal with the Lakers, only getting 1 pick, while losing one or 2 good vets, and eating an expiring you have to buy out -seems unlike Danny

Quote:
I dont think Danny Ainge is trading 3 starters for one meh draft pick at all. I think this is by and far the most unlikely trade scenario for Beasley to be in as well.

REALITY SETS IN

Quote:
Dont know why that's awesome. Utah is only getting 1 pick for 2nds and 3 quality players.

I'm overall glad we are more committed to sucking, but this wasnt a great deal. Trader Danny got got on this one.

Quote:
What a disappointing haul. We basically just helped the Lakers.

Quote:
We got fleeced a bit. I see it as Karma for us fleecing Minnesota out of their future.

Quote:
The Lakers got D'Lo, Beasley, and Vando for 1 pick lmfao.

I know it's a good deal for Utah, but damn, Lakers got a lot. Just seems really flagrant the Jazz had to be the ones to include (2) second rounders to get Minnesota on board.

I know those 2nds probably amount to jack **** picks in the 50's, but it's the principle.

NEWS HITS THAT THE FRP CONVERTS TO A SRP IF NOT CONVEYED

Quote:
Anybody who likes this trade is an utter moron.

Quote:
surely this can’t be right

Quote:
So if the Lakers go into the top. 4 the pick owed to Utah just turns into a 2nd. That might be the dumbest trade the Jazz have made. Outside of having to give a 1st to get rid of Favors.

Quote:
Watch the Lakers in 2027 be absolutely terrible and deliberately tank the hell out of the season to make the final trade Conley/Beasley/Vanderbilt for a 2nd rounder.

My hell what a stupid *** trade.

MAYBE THEY SHOULD CHANGE THE NAME TO JAZZGROUND.NET

Quote:
They played hard ball and kept the vets to get more value for them mid season, but instead we still sold them cheap while also shooting ourselves in the foot by winning too many games. Poor GMing right there.

Quote:
Wow if this is true then DA got played. The last two DA trades have been bad in my opinion.

Quote:
Really feels like we could’ve done better here. If that pick doesn’t convey we paid a 2nd to ship those guys out for WB. Ouch.

Quote:
The pick was highly sought after because it was projected to be a top 4 pick. Now if it actually is a top 4 pick it's worthless.

Quote:
The Lakers should have coughed up more. They sent out a protected pick for a bunch of shot that nobody lands for one pick, while also salary dumping a cancer. Given that there’s potential that we dealt our assets for a second round pick, there’s no way on earth we should have included second round picks. And to think we wouldn’t have had to have a net second round pick loss had we not treated Beverley and Bojan like a trip to DI.

Last edited by Dr. Laker on Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:41 pm    Post subject:

If that 2027 pick ends up being top four, this is a Pau Gasol level fleecing.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:46 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
If that 2027 pick ends up being top four, this is a Pau Gasol level fleecing.

I wouldn’t be surprised. If we are bad that year, no way the NBA will have us lose the pick. We may not get 1st, but it will be like the Steve Nash trade where it will never fall out of top 3.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: