RUI HACHIMURA (3yr, $51M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:44 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
His mins have been going down and down, which is odd because he had a stretch where he was playing quite well.

It sucks because he's a 4.
He can't guard 5s and guarding most 3s (mostly guards playing a slot up) is difficult imo. But that's pretty much lebron's slot. And Vando was starting as the 4.

I think when Lebron starts, Rui should get those backup 4 minutes.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject:

yet dumb (bleep) ham plays both no-D lonnie and beasley
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
yet dumb (bleep) ham plays both no-D lonnie and beasley

Unacceptable.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:11 pm    Post subject:

He deserves a run with an actual coach

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:16 pm    Post subject:

No excuse to DNP this kid when we clearly need his size and length out there. He has a solid mid range game and a threat out there.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm telling you when no one can hit a 3 because of fatigue and injury issues, you need guys like Rui to do some work and damage in the mid-range. This becomes even more important in a 7 game series. The midrange isn't quite dead. It's just that the obsession with the 3pt shot has made teams a special kind of stupid to ignore the strengths of certain players.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:30 am    Post subject:

Vogel F'ed with Marc Gasol/Drummond/Trezz's heads.

I feel Ham is doing the same with Rui.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

He also has screwed with Nunn and Walker as well.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:04 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
I'm telling you when no one can hit a 3 because of fatigue and injury issues, you need guys like Rui to do some work and damage in the mid-range. This becomes even more important in a 7 game series. The midrange isn't quite dead. It's just that the obsession with the 3pt shot has made teams a special kind of stupid to ignore the strengths of certain players.

Excellent point!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Not being argumentative but do you think that Washington also messed with Rui? They tried playing him but soon gave up. Maybe he is that player?
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:35 am    Post subject:

Dude is robotic out there and simply not that good. I think he has tools to get better but everyone playing in front of him is better. Same ish with walker. It’s always the grass is greener here.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:38 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Dude is robotic out there and simply not that good. I think he has tools to get better but everyone playing in front of him is better. Same ish with walker. It’s always the grass is greener here.

And yet we're playing tiny 3 guard lineups that get crushed on defense and on the boards.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
textbook wrote:

And yet we're playing tiny 3 guard lineups that get crushed on defense and on the boards.

Rui isn’t adding anything on defense, he actually hurts us. His calling right now is offense. We should have signed somebody when bron got hurt. I don’t get leaving roster spot open for nothing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:49 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
textbook wrote:

Rui isn’t adding anything on defense, he actually hurts us. His calling right now is offense. We should have signed somebody when bron got hurt. I don’t get leaving roster spot open for nothing.

Sure. But when you're trotting out Lonnie/Beas as a duo, what do we expect? Especially when they're effectively not giving us much on offense when we needed it.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
textbook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
textbook wrote:

Sure. But when you're trotting out Lonnie/Beas as a duo, what do we expect? Especially when they're effectively not giving us much on offense when we needed it.

Rui is doing this to himself. He’s had opportunities and keeps fumbling them. I hate the 3 guard concept, but Rui has to step up. Play his mid range game, play D and board. The last few games he’s done nothing. Add another guy to the list that doesn’t play with any fire.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:08 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
textbook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
textbook wrote:

Rui is doing this to himself. He’s had opportunities and keeps fumbling them. I hate the 3 guard concept, but Rui has to step up. Play his mid range game, play D and board. The last few games he’s done nothing. Add another guy to the list that doesn’t play with any fire.

But Ham basically taking 1 good Lonnie game (stacked upon the many horrible ones) to oust Rui makes no sense.

I'm hoping this is just a one game blip due to LBJ coming back off the bench. I think (hope) we are back to our normal rotations, and it's Beas/Lonnie fighting for minutes.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:35 am    Post subject:

We gave up 3 picks for this guy right - he was playing well, maybe not consistent but he showed more than enough flashes there is no scenario where he should be getting DNP's, that is ridiculous
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:39 am    Post subject:

He was shooting 61% in midrange iirc
7' 2" wingspan

DNP
Never even tried to develop Max
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:26 am    Post subject:

We gave up 3 picks for this guy right - he was playing well, maybe not consistent but he showed more than enough flashes there is no scenario where he should be getting DNP's, that is ridiculous

They are the 2023 (from Chicago), 2028, 2029 second round picks. Negligible and the Wiz are terrible at drafting (minus Beal and Wall).

I reckon' Rui is better suited for the post-Lebron future. Seems like Ham doesn't want any midrange guys on the floor and is taking the so-called analytics approach to his line-ups and rotations. If they can retain him for 10-11 mil, it would be nice. I would love to see him stick around.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
textbook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
textbook wrote:

But Ham basically taking 1 good Lonnie game (stacked upon the many horrible ones) to oust Rui makes no sense.

I'm hoping this is just a one game blip due to LBJ coming back off the bench. I think (hope) we are back to our normal rotations, and it's Beas/Lonnie fighting for minutes.

I agree with you… but he has to produce and be consistent. Can’t have a 2 point game against OKC….or mediocre against Phoenix. 8-12 ppg would be nice. A solid defensive effort like Vando gives us…and rebounding would be nice. If he was doing that he never would’ve had a DNP….and like u said Beaz and Walker would be fighting for those minutes….not Rui.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:33 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

They are the 2023 (from Chicago), 2028, 2029 second round picks. Negligible and the Wiz are terrible at drafting (minus Beal and Wall).

I reckon' Rui is better suited for the post-Lebron future. Seems like Ham doesn't want any midrange guys on the floor and is taking the so-called analytics approach to his line-ups and rotations. If they can retain him for 10-11 mil, it would be nice. I would love to see him stick around.

I think you are gonna need a better than normal backup SF/PF on this team because of how injury prone AD and LBJ are. You need a starter quality guy which Rui can be IMO, someone who can step in and drop 15-20 when those guys miss games.

Part of this is on Rui, he should have jumped all over this opportunity with Lebron out and played well enough that Ham couldn't help but play him more. Just likes Reaves did.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:46 am    Post subject:

At this point Rui should be getting all of Beasley and Lonnie’s minutes. He had an outside game that I freaking trust more than either of those other guys. It’s silly. Ham is a clown.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:59 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
7' 2" wingspan

DNP

Max has been developing in the G League, that is what it’s for.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:59 pm    Post subject:

7' 2" wingspan

DNP

Apparently the mid-range game, and occasional three is not appetizing to the coach, which is foolish to me. The guy has one of the best mid-range jumpers in the game but is not suited to this offense. An offense that is very unimaginative I might add.

Besides the lack of desire for his skillset, there's also the problem of a low motor.

As far Max is concerned, there's been a singular focus on winning to catch up from the time we started 2-10. It just hasn't been an idea time/season to develop rookies, especially if you're a rookie coach trying to prove they made the right choice.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:39 am    Post subject:

i can only guess. but it seems Ham has the understandable pet peeve of dudes just "disappearing" while in the game. we've seen that from Rui... like floats around DOING NOTHING!

like play D, set pics. be valuable.

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
7' 2" wingspan

DNP

Apparently the mid-range game, and occasional three is not appetizing to the coach, which is foolish to me. The guy has one of the best mid-range jumpers in the game but is not suited to this offense. An offense that is very unimaginative I might add.

Besides the lack of desire for his skillset, there's also the problem of a low motor.

As far Max is concerned, there's been a singular focus on winning to catch up from the time we started 2-10. It just hasn't been an idea time/season to develop rookies, especially if you're a rookie coach trying to prove they made the right choice.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 45 of 97
Jump to: