RUI HACHIMURA (3yr, $51M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Please keep Rui.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:15 pm    Post subject:

What do y'all think are the odds that Rui can learn to play the 3 effectively, especially on defense? I'm envisioning something similar to Wiggins. I can't tell if he has the lateral foot speed to be able to do it.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:16 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
What do y'all think are the odds that Rui can learn to play the 3 effectively, especially on defense? I'm envisioning something similar to Wiggins. I can't tell if he has the lateral foot speed to be able to do it.

He is a bit slow footed. i like him guarding bigger guys.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
tox wrote:

He is a bit slow footed. i like him guarding bigger guys.

It'll be interesting to see Rui and AD share the 4 responsibilities once Lebron goes
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:37 am    Post subject:

Lakers sign a starting 5, move AD to the 4, Rui 6th man and closer.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Rui was better playing PF than SF. Once they had him playing in that manner he blossomed. He has a lot of talent but the one he isn't good is chasing shooters around the perimeter. I am amazed that Ham didn't destroy his confidence as he was largely out of the rotation until the playoffs. Hopefully he is back.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 1:26 am    Post subject:

It's just awkward that LeBron and Rui are both basically 4s, and AD is against certain lineups as well.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
During extension conversations with the Wizards, sources said, Washington began the negotiations offering Hachimura around $12 million per season, and eventually moved into the $13 million-14 million range. Meanwhile, Hachimura’s side preferred something closer to a four-year, $60 million structure. He seemed destined for that number toward the end of the regular season. Los Angeles doesn’t surrender three second-round picks for Hachimura at the deadline without a rough understanding of his salary wishes. Following a strong playoffs, where the 24-year-old forward played critical closing minutes and started the Lakers’ final outing, that $15 million in average annual value seems like the floor for Hachimura. Josh Hart’s extension talks with New York are expected to approach $18 million annually, sources told Yahoo Sports, and the NBA free-agent marketplace tends to be a comparative economy. For any clues to rival teams that could throw an offer sheet Hachimura’s direction, Indiana and Phoenix were considered strong suitors for him back in February, sources said, and nearly completed deals with the Wizards for him.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nothing-will-be-easy-for-the-lakers-this-offseason-161534015.html

gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 8:15 pm    Post subject:

$18 million AAV is certainly a possibility. That said, it's the same figure speculated for Cam Johnson. He and Josh Hart have a larger body of work IMO. In the end, it only takes one team though.

Last edited by gng930 on Thu May 25, 2023 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 8:58 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

During the regular season there are definitely some unfavorable matchups but let's look at the starting SFs for the top 4 teams from each conference:

Porter Jr
Brooks
Murray
KD
Middleton
Tatum
Harris
Barrett

Tatum obviously stands out but he uses skill and not so much quickness to get to the rim. His game is also largely predicated on step-back 3s which you figure longer-rangier players would be most effective against. KD doesn't rely quickness anymore at his age. He's about getting defenders off balance with his dribble and/or shooting over them.

Even Kawhi relies more on strength and length.

For all the talk about a wing-dominated league, I feel the superstars on offense rely more on skill and length combined with 3-point shooting as opposed to the classic quick-twitch and supremely athletic SF. Ironically, the latter usually get relegated to a more simplified 3-and-D role.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, when you list it out, I genuinely can't envision in my head whether Rui could sufficiently guard these players or not. Guess I need to see Rui with more reps against top wings.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject:

Rui must have endorsement deals in Japan, correct? Wonder how much he makes off the court…

Does he make more if he’s with the Lakers? Would he make the same if he’s on Washington or some other team with cap space? That dynamic is interesting to me.

Perhaps the overall compensation is the same even if his starting contract on the Lakers is less..
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 9:34 am    Post subject:

Hoping for a deal in the 12M average range. Might be too low. He had a solid run in playoffs but would like to see something over a larger period of time.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 9:34 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

He lacks the lateral foot speed, that was why he had trouble breaking the 20 minute barrier against the Warriors.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:33 am    Post subject:

Season Review: Rui Hachimura
Quote:
Rui Hachimura proved a valuable contributor to the Lakers in both the regular season and the playoffs, making him a priority free agent and someone the team should be eager to bring back.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2023/6/2/23746613/season-review-rui-hachimura-los-angeles-lakers-free-agency
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Why you can't quote blog boyz

Per (Rando Blog Boy Account)

REPORT: Rui Hachimura is expected to test free agency and there is reason to believe the Lakers will not want to pay the luxury tax required to match offers he receives (Jovan Buha).

https://twitter.com/kingjakevii/status/1667899257884491776?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Per Buha

I never said this.

https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1668043903050850304?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Hoping for a deal in the 12M average range. Might be too low. He had a solid run in playoffs but would like to see something over a larger period of time.

Last check a year or two ago teams could offer 8% raises each year. By now if it’s 10% then Rui could be offered 4 years $56m with a player option for the 4th year to entice him to take the average of 14m per year (4/56) vs an average of $15 mil per year (3/45). That contract could start at 12m. Most project more but with annual raises I think we can get to the 12m for the 1st year and still get him a fair deal.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:33 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
It's just awkward that LeBron and Rui are both basically 4s, and AD is against certain lineups as well.

In this defense it’s really nice though. They’re all switchable. They need to lean into that since that’s obviously the defense they want to employ they don’t want people chasing people around they want people that can switch and have the size and the length to be able to play defense on anyone
james5000
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Apparently Kuzma is in the ball park of 25-30 mill next contract, if he can get that surely Rui is 20 mill at minimum
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
tox wrote:

In this defense it’s really nice though. They’re all switchable. They need to lean into that since that’s obviously the defense they want to employ they don’t want people chasing people around they want people that can switch and have the size and the length to be able to play defense on anyone

I don't see it that way, it's the opposite. Against more agile 3s, both LBJ (at this age) and Rui lack the footspeed to keep up. At least, that's how I'm imagining it.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:53 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
tox wrote:

I don't see it that way, it's the opposite. Against more agile 3s, both LBJ (at this age) and Rui lack the footspeed to keep up. At least, that's how I'm imagining it.

That's why when Vogel became coach he asked Bron to run PG, and started two big guards that could defend smalls. We would often put Lebron on the weakest opposing perimeter threat. AD would take the toughest, and our guards were key in making this work defensively. Everyone seems to have amnesia to the "washed king" summer of 2019 where Bron was being roasted for his defense. But we had the balls to try something different and go against the narrative at the time (That Bron was washed defensively).

This current team is built with offense in mind. And it works, to a certain degree. At some point though, we plateau. We always will, unless we make significant (ballsy) changes. AD is not a 5 full time, and Bron is more than capable to take the weakest perimeter threat IF he commits to that side of the ball instead of a scoring record/streak. I find is laughable that a player dunking and moving like Lebron can not defend adequately at the 3/4 if he commits. It's all about where you put your energy in. Lebron's been focused on scoring and streak the last few years. In 2019-20 he came committed to being a defender. That's what we need. Someone who is willing to play a role on defense. That wins you championships. The other style, wins you scoring records.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Rui isn't worth more than MLE. Have to be careful not to over pay here.

With that said the full MLE is worth 56M/4y with cap going up. Hopefully something around 4y/50M happens.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:25 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Rui isn't worth more than MLE. Have to be careful not to over pay here.

With that said the full MLE is worth 56M/4y with cap going up. Hopefully something around 4y/50M happens.

sometimes overpaying is ok. Nothing nuts but I would maybe give him a bit more than market. he's youngish and big. he's a better defender against bigs than a few high priced centers out there IMHO.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Deleted - wrong thread

Last edited by gng930 on Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:56 pm    Post subject:

I'n hoping Lakers work out deal with him like what Minny did with Reid...

But how many teams are willing to handcuff themselves for 48 hours and possibly miss out on other free agents?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 69 of 95
Jump to: