RUI HACHIMURA (3yr, $51M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:30 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Rui isn't worth more than MLE. Have to be careful not to over pay here.

With that said the full MLE is worth 56M/4y with cap going up. Hopefully something around 4y/50M happens.

I say he's looking for about 3/45mil. We'll see,
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

With that said the full MLE is worth 56M/4y with cap going up. Hopefully something around 4y/50M happens.

That's my number too. Hopefully the FO has a Plan B in case some other
team pays stupid money. I'm beginning to look at some UFA PF's like
George Niang and/or Trey Lyles.

It never hurts to plan.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Rui Hachimura decided not to play for Japan National Team this summer at FIBA World Cup, JBA has just announced. In a press release, Hachimura says it was a tough decision, but he wants to focus on preparation for the upcoming season and NBA career.

deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:44 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Rui Hachimura decided not to play for Japan National Team this summer at FIBA World Cup, JBA has just announced. In a press release, Hachimura says it was a tough decision, but he wants to focus on preparation for the upcoming season and NBA career.

Good deal....
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:59 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Just read this. Yay.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:04 pm    Post subject:

That is awesome news

I see weight gain and defensive mastery

That must have been a really tough choice to make
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:12 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Rui Hachimura decided not to play for Japan National Team this summer at FIBA World Cup, JBA has just announced. In a press release, Hachimura says it was a tough decision, but he wants to focus on preparation for the upcoming Laker season and NBA career.

Fixed
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:27 am    Post subject:

For Rui, what should the goal be?

To be a better SF/wing defender?

Or work on being a stronger PF/post defender?

I wish I could say both but he seems more of a "PF/post defender" type to me. He struggled guarding purely wing players at times.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I wish I could say both but he seems more of a "PF/post defender" type to me. He struggled guarding purely wing players at times.

He seems to have the physical attributes. He needs to gain the confidence and be more aggressive on both ends.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

He has to be imho a PF that can occasionally take on a sf. His foot speed seems slow for them but quick for PF. He can also body some Cs.

The org has to come to the realization that AD is a 5. We need Rui starting at the 4. Unfortunately we don’t have a 3.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:57 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He has to be imho a PF that can occasionally take on a sf. His foot speed seems slow for them but quick for PF. He can also body some Cs.

The org has to come to the realization that AD is a 5. We need Rui starting at the 4. Unfortunately we don’t have a 3.

So trade Lebron for Kahwi?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:10 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lebron starts at the 4.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:28 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think the org has come to the realization that Lebron has lost the athleticism necessary for him to defend wings, therefore he has to start at 4, which means AD has to start out of position at the 5.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:54 am    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think the org has come to the realization that Lebron has lost the athleticism necessary for him to defend wings, therefore he has to start at 4, which means AD has to start out of position at the 5.
I personally like rui/AD in the front court. we need a legit 3d more than a PG. We have to build the best team rather than cater to egos.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:34 am    Post subject:

We were doing fine with Vando starting at the 3/4 with Lebron. We ran into a buzz saw against Denver. I think that can work for the regular season, but we need someone to cover in the playoffs if Vando is not getting it done. Rui does not need to start. Play him more minutes than Vando of course.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:43 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I personally like rui/AD in the front court. we need a legit 3d more than a PG. We have to build the best team rather than cater to egos.

I don't see it as an ego thing with AD, I just happen to believe that AD is more effective as a 4 than a 5, and playing against bigger 5s exposes him to more injuries than he would as a 4.

However, Lebron can't guard wings anymore, so neither AD nor Rui can start at the 4 as long as Lebron is with us.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:20 am    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
Halflife wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't see it as an ego thing with AD, I just happen to believe that AD is more effective as a 4 than a 5, and playing against bigger 5s exposes him to more injuries than he would as a 4.

However, Lebron can't guard wings anymore, so neither AD nor Rui can start at the 4 as long as Lebron is with us.

he was effective as the 4 because his mid range shot was deadly, and can also shoot the 3. 3 years after that, Teams are daring him to make those shots.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:14 am    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
Halflife wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

he's only a 4 because he likes to roam on the perimeter but he is best near the rim. Rui needs to be starting and the 4 is his best position IMHO. We have seen other greats come off the bench. Would bron? he can be that spark where he gets any shot.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:19 am    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
Halflife wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think he was talking about Lebrons ego not ADs lol
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:19 am    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
Halflife wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

he's only a 4 because he likes to roam on the perimeter but he is best near the rim. Rui needs to be starting and the 4 is his best position IMHO. We have seen other greats come off the bench. Would bron? he can be that spark where he gets any shot.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:08 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:
Halflife wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

LeBron is still 20x better than Rui, why would we bench LeBron to start Rui? Come on.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:11 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Halflife wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:
Halflife wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

LeBron is still 20x better than Rui, why would we bench LeBron to start Rui? Come on.

he's not 20xs better than him. I like Ruis ability to switch with AD defensively. Thats just my opinion. We need a legit 3d guy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:36 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

That's my number too. Hopefully the FO has a Plan B in case some other
team pays stupid money. I'm beginning to look at some UFA PF's like
George Niang and/or Trey Lyles.

It never hurts to plan.

I doubt that there will be a robust market for Rui
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:05 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
he was effective as the 4 because his mid range shot was deadly, and can also shoot the 3. 3 years after that, Teams are daring him to make those shots.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=anthony+davis+shot+chart+2019-2020

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=anthony+davis+shot+chart+2020-2021

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=anthony+davis+shot+chart+2021-2022

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=anthony+davis+shot+chart+2022-2023

Big drop-off in three point shooting since 19/20, but also a much smaller sample size. He wasn't exactly lethal from 3 in 19/20, so maybe they just asked him to stop taking as many three point attempts. Honestly his mid-range percentages look to be fairly consistent, maybe even improved a bit (22/23 vs 19/20).

Besides the percentages, I don't want AD hanging out on the perimeter on offense. If he was shooting +36% on a consistent basis AND/OR we had a good post player on the floor with him (perhaps Rui?) I wouldn't mind, but it appears him shooting less volume from 3 was by design.

Those are regular season numbers - AD shot much better from 3 in the 19/20 postseason (38.3 on nearly 3 attempts) while he was right at 33% (on 1 attempt) this year.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:20 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:
Halflife wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't think Lebron is coming off the bench under any circumstance. His ego is not going to allow for that. I think your idea about adding a 3 is probably our best strategy for improving the team this offseason, because AD is not realistically playing the 4 so upgrading at C is not the best use of resources.

Last edited by LakersInFour on Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 70 of 97
Jump to: