RUI HACHIMURA (3yr, $51M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
levon wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Love this guy. Hope he’s a laker for years to come.

Him, Reaves, and Christie.

Finally some young guys that can go.

And more to come as long as the team doesn’t throw away another first round pick this year. Regardless of where the pick is.

Let the damn scouting department this organization has do it’s job!

lol, I remember you were so down on them picking Christie though

True. I will admit, I’m eating major crow right now. I freaking hated that pick. And I am happy to look so wrong so far. I’m very impressed with him now.

Well it helps that he's shooting over 40% from 3 now (albeit on low volume). He was terrible in summer league and getting Anthony Brown comps.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:34 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Megaton wrote:
levon wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Love this guy. Hope he’s a laker for years to come.

Him, Reaves, and Christie.

Finally some young guys that can go.

And more to come as long as the team doesn’t throw away another first round pick this year. Regardless of where the pick is.

Let the damn scouting department this organization has do it’s job!

lol, I remember you were so down on them picking Christie though

True. I will admit, I’m eating major crow right now. I freaking hated that pick. And I am happy to look so wrong so far. I’m very impressed with him now.

Well it helps that he's shooting over 40% from 3 now (albeit on low volume). He was terrible in summer league and getting Anthony Brown comps.

Oh god yeah I thought of him as just another Anthony Brown pick. Luckily he’s at least proven to be more than that.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:36 pm    Post subject:

He plays like a well seasoned vet he’s gonna turn into a star soon at least in his role
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:36 am    Post subject:

Dude is as big as LeBron, not slow either, decent shooter... just match PatBev, AD, DS, Reaves' defensive intensity
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:44 am    Post subject:

Getting Kuz vibes, from an offensive standpoint - i.e. if he gets touches, he can really cook
#18 next...
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:47 am    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
lol I love Rui as much an anybody, but lets not go overboard. If he keeps improving, Rui may turn into a player that's worth more than Nunn/3 srp's, in the future. But, as of now, it was a fair price, considering the circumstances.

I didn't see the whole game, but from what I saw, he was just okay. However, this game was never going to be much of a test for anyone. The Spurs are a marginal NBA team, and it is a testament to Popovich that they've somehow won 14 games. By the end of this road trip, we should have a better idea of what kind of player we got.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:09 am    Post subject:

I thought he looked pretty good for player who just walked into the room a day before. Certainly looked lost at times, as expected. I’m going to attribute his mishandling of the ball a few times as nerves. We we will see.

But he showed some much needed athleticism and size on the court. Even looked to have a smooth shot. He is a nice roster addition for minimal cost.

I was surprised to hear the comments that he is being considered a starter soon. Seems a bit of a rush. But maybe it works out?

I was not expecting more than a role player. He looks to be that and maybe more as he learns how to fit in to the Lakers system.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:10 am    Post subject:

Solid debut game for us. Looks like he can play the role Melo did for us last season: a guy with size who can create a shot for himself besides Lebron and AD. Obviously, not as good a shooter as Melo, but much quicker and more athletic and far more defensive potential. Hopefully the fumbled passes were more a function of nerves and they steady up in the future. Very hopeful for Rui going forward.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:10 am    Post subject:

Solid debut game for us. Looks like he can play the role Melo did for us last season: a guy with size who can create a shot for himself besides Lebron and AD. Obviously, not as good a shooter as Melo, but much quicker and more athletic and far more defensive potential. Hopefully the fumbled passes were more a function of nerves and they steady up in the future. Very hopeful for Rui going forward.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:19 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I was surprised to hear the comments that he is being considered a starter soon. Seems a bit of a rush. But maybe it works out?

I was not expecting more than a role player. He looks to be that and maybe more as he learns how to fit in to the Lakers system.

This is just the typical LG exuberance when it comes to a new player. Maybe he'll start, maybe he won't. What really matters is how many minutes he plays and how he fits into the rotations. We have more frontcourt options now, but this does not require that he start.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:32 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

This is just the typical LG exuberance when it comes to a new player. Maybe he'll start, maybe he won't. What really matters is how many minutes he plays and how he fits into the rotations. We have more frontcourt options now, but this does not require that he start.

Those comments were from the Laker commentators during the pre-game. Not just LG.

I interpreted it as coming from the coaches. I could see the possibilities in certain lineups. Especially if they continue to play Davis at center. I could see him taking Browns mpg and cutting into the guards mpg.

It would be nice to see him develop into a steady young contributor for this team. I’m giving it a few games before I get too excited. Young man needs to earn the mpg.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:37 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

That is like saying the first day of school does not matter.

It is actually the most important day of school, because once you fall behind its a snowball EFFECT.

Where does this ideology comes from? Vogel?

If this is the case we should continue bringing Davis off the bench and maybe LeBron as well.

You only do that if your starting 5 is LOADED with whatever skill that player has which is NOT the case. We need as MUCH skill as possible because playing guys like Beverly + Dennis + Brick has placed us 15th in the WEST.

We need to get our heads out of our ass and start following the stats.

Forget what you think is right, start the players with the best numbers.

Dennis / Brick
Walker / Reeves
LeBron / Christie
Rui / Wayne
Davis / Bryant

If it was up to me I'd bench Dennis as well for Reaves or Christie and have Walker defend PG and LeBron be PG on offense with Reaves helping out...But I like Dennis. He actually plays D unlike Bev.

And if you completely remove Dennis + Brick the team gets even better. I know it might sound off but its addition by subtraction. These guys are not efficient consistently. BUT...I LIKE THEM. Brick looks good 3 out of 5 games now which is good. Before it was 1 out of 5 games. So im happy with brick rn.

PG.LeBron / Dennis
SG.Reaves / Walker
SF.Rui / Cristie
PF.Davis / Wayne / Brown
C.Bryant / Davis

Why is it so hard? Do we not want to win games? Find me flaws in that line up.....

We were DOWN 12 vs the spurs for gods sake. We gave offensive rebound after offensive rebound because we play 3-4 guards together.

Why would you do that? But whatever. Ham has the pieces now, if he doesn't make it work he will get canned.

You literally trade for a 24 YEAR OLD averaging 15PPG on 40% from 3, 50% from the field and is a good defender at a position we have been BLEEDING from. Start him the first day, get Beverly and Dennis out of the line up.

These guys are NOT needed when you have LeBron. I hope after he gets his records he tells Ham okay get these scrubs off the line up I need scorers and big guys...

If you look at top 5 man line ups, you will find Celtic's starting 5 sitting right at the top, and then GSW 5 when Curry is healthy. Start your most lethal players, put the game away as soon as you can and rest your stars, isn't this the Phil Jackson way?

Pau / Odom
Bynum / Pau

Davis / Wayne
Bryant / Davis

SF.Rui / Christie 6"6 + and 40%

SG.Walker / Reaves 6"4 + 40%

PG.LeBron / Dennis Both legit.

EVERYNIGHT, just being that BIG and having the best Play Maker of ALL TIME controlling the ball and not focusing on scoring on defending will give you a 80% winning change everynight.

????
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:55 am    Post subject:

Love the confidence that he is “that” level of player to impact the game.

Don’t get me wrong, I would be thrilled to see him step into the lineup and become an impact player. A solid starter in the same conversation as A. Gordon, Wiggins, or T. Harris when given the opportunity to play.

But I need to see it. Not just assume that his underachieving so far in his career is due to team mismanagement, not his own shortcomings on the court.

He has an opportunity. Prove it.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:58 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

It was made by Jovan buha and commentators
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:06 am    Post subject:

Don’t get me wrong, I would be thrilled to see him step into the lineup and become an impact player. A solid starter in the same conversation as A. Gordon, Wiggins, or T. Harris when given the opportunity to play.

But I need to see it. Not just assume that his underachieving so far in his career is due to team mismanagement, not his own shortcomings on the court.

The funny thing is that 13PPG 50% FG 40% 3PT is NOT underachieving

He is WAY better than Jeremi Grant on offense (except this season he is on steroids shooting like 50% FG and 40% 3pt...insane).

When Jeremi was being HELD back these were his numbers:

12PPG 48% FG 38% 3PT

IDENTICAL to Rui Except...Rui passes the eye test WAY WAY easier than Grant. Grant has great physical attributes along with shooter but he doesn't have the ISO abilities that Tatum and Ingram have at that size. Rui does. It is like fighting in the UFC, if you have JJS, when you get knocked out you can fight off your back until you recover. These guys have the fadeaway and mid range shot. Grant does not have this. Panchero or whatever from orlando does.

With Rui going up vs LeBron and Davis every day and Beverly telling him to attack, I expect nothing less than a star.

I fell in love with Tatum and Ingram..Same thing with Rui when he was draft but Wash Mishandled it and they will pay for their mistake. They gave away a potential superstar in a league where theres only about 10 players with his mid range game and all thsoe players are stars
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:20 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:

He is WAY better than Jeremi Grant on offense (except this season he is on steroids shooting like 50% FG and 40% 3pt...insane).

12PPG 48% FG 38% 3PT

IDENTICAL to Rui Except...Rui passes the eye test WAY WAY easier than Grant. Grant has great physical attributes along with shooter but he doesn't have the ISO abilities that Tatum and Ingram have at that size. Rui does. It is like fighting in the UFC, if you have JJS, when you get knocked out you can fight off your back until you recover. These guys have the fadeaway and mid range shot. Grant does not have this. Panchero or whatever from orlando does.

With Rui going up vs LeBron and Davis every day and Beverly telling him to attack, I expect nothing less than a star.

I fell in love with Tatum and Ingram..Same thing with Rui when he was draft but Wash Mishandled it and they will pay for their mistake. They gave away a potential superstar in a league where theres only about 10 players with his mid range game and all thsoe players are stars

Where are these numbers coming from? He is a career 48-35-77?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:21 am    Post subject:

I will say this. For being on the team like for one day, likely having participated in just 1-2 practices, he seemed to fit right in.
Give him time to gel and I think he can contribute a lot to the team.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:31 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
scout_0 wrote:

12PPG 48% FG 38% 3PT

My bad was going off my head, still 48-35.5-77 is not underschieving
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:40 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
defense wrote:
scout_0 wrote:

12PPG 48% FG 38% 3PT

My bad was going off my head, still 48-35.5-77 is not underschieving

Who is better right now, him or Kuzma?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:43 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Who is better right now, him or Lakers Kuzma?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:50 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Hachi. He’s never scored less than double digits as a Laker.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:01 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
governator wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Hachi. He’s never scored less than double digits as a Laker.

And Nunn has never scored less than double digits as a Wizard. Good trade.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:08 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:

12PPG 48% FG 38% 3PT

As I stated, I will be thrilled if he seizes this opportunity and plays to the level you are describing.

Not sure how you define “underachieving”. But the young man was a #9 pick in the draft. He was there because of a stellar college career. I’m guessing the Wiz were expecting more from him than he delivered. And the price paid to get him does not reflect a player living up to his potential and expectations.

Thus.. “underachieving”. IMO. Your example of Grant is what I would consider an overachiever. A 2nd round pick that has carved out a nice career for himself.

I liked what I saw. I will be rooting for him to take on a bigger role and impact then he has delivered so far in his young career. Up to him now.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:21 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:

12PPG 48% FG 38% 3PT

As I stated, I will be thrilled if he seizes this opportunity and plays to the level you are describing.

Not sure how you define “underachieving”. But the young man was a #9 pick in the draft. He was there because of a stellar college career. I’m guessing the Wiz were expecting more from him than he delivered. And the price paid to get him does not reflect a player living up to his potential and expectations.

Thus.. “underachieving”. IMO. Your example of Grant is what I would consider an overachiever. A 2nd round pick that has carved out a nice career for himself.

I liked what I saw. I will be rooting for him to take on a bigger role and impact then he has delivered so far in his young career. Up to him now.

Deandre Hunter was picked #4 and has identical numbers to Rui, but no one is calling an underschiever right?

13.8 ppg
44% FG
36% 3pt

At 24 years old those are LEGIT numbers specially if you are not just gunning ala Kuzma.

We got a steal.

You put Kuzma on this team his offense disappears because the game slows down... Rui on the other hand thrives on half court, iso, and mid range. In a way he has the tools of a tatum, ingram, butler, panchero, something kuzma never had...

This is why i used to cried for not drafting tatum because it was obvious.

Once a player has a fade away and can constantly get out of trouble then the whole court is open for them. We just need to unlock it. This will go down as the biggest robery in nba history specially because it will result in a chip.

People say his ball handling is weak his handling is ELITE for a guy with his size. Its just Wash sucks as an organization and they never allowed him to step out his comfort zone. Phil handy will make sure he does this.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:29 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

That is like saying the first day of school does not matter.

It is actually the most important day of school, because once you fall behind its a snowball EFFECT.

Where does this ideology comes from? Vogel?

If this is the case we should continue bringing Davis off the bench and maybe LeBron as well.

You only do that if your starting 5 is LOADED with whatever skill that player has which is NOT the case. We need as MUCH skill as possible because playing guys like Beverly + Dennis + Brick has placed us 15th in the WEST.

We need to get our heads out of our ass and start following the stats.

Forget what you think is right, start the players with the best numbers.

Dennis / Brick
Walker / Reeves
LeBron / Christie
Rui / Wayne
Davis / Bryant

If it was up to me I'd bench Dennis as well for Reaves or Christie and have Walker defend PG and LeBron be PG on offense with Reaves helping out...But I like Dennis. He actually plays D unlike Bev.

And if you completely remove Dennis + Brick the team gets even better. I know it might sound off but its addition by subtraction. These guys are not efficient consistently. BUT...I LIKE THEM. Brick looks good 3 out of 5 games now which is good. Before it was 1 out of 5 games. So im happy with brick rn.

PG.LeBron / Dennis
SG.Reaves / Walker
SF.Rui / Cristie
PF.Davis / Wayne / Brown
C.Bryant / Davis

Why is it so hard? Do we not want to win games? Find me flaws in that line up.....

We were DOWN 12 vs the spurs for gods sake. We gave offensive rebound after offensive rebound because we play 3-4 guards together.

Why would you do that? But whatever. Ham has the pieces now, if he doesn't make it work he will get canned.

You literally trade for a 24 YEAR OLD averaging 15PPG on 40% from 3, 50% from the field and is a good defender at a position we have been BLEEDING from. Start him the first day, get Beverly and Dennis out of the line up.

These guys are NOT needed when you have LeBron. I hope after he gets his records he tells Ham okay get these scrubs off the line up I need scorers and big guys...

If you look at top 5 man line ups, you will find Celtic's starting 5 sitting right at the top, and then GSW 5 when Curry is healthy. Start your most lethal players, put the game away as soon as you can and rest your stars, isn't this the Phil Jackson way?

Pau / Odom
Bynum / Pau

Davis / Wayne
Bryant / Davis

SF.Rui / Christie 6"6 + and 40%

SG.Walker / Reaves 6"4 + 40%

PG.LeBron / Dennis Both legit.

EVERYNIGHT, just being that BIG and having the best Play Maker of ALL TIME controlling the ball and not focusing on scoring on defending will give you a 80% winning change everynight.

????

Being bigger on the court means something but not everything let’s wait to see what Rui does over the next few days games
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 24 of 97
Jump to: