RUI HACHIMURA (3yr, $51M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject:

I agree that Rui should be getting more time on the floor. But, all the minutes in the world won't matter if the coach doesn't take advantage of your strengths. Rui's forte is not spot up shooting. Especially when he's not in a rhythm. He needs to get touches in the midrange, where he's at his best.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Gotta hit the open 3s the next game.
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ– #18!!!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:38 pm    Post subject:

He still getting used to the system but overall he has been solid. He missed a few assignments defensively and needs improvement there but he showed good recovery and hustle.
His offense has been fine, except for 3pts. IMO we should run a play or two that utilizes his mid range and post up games.
Stats:
6 Pts (3-8 FG / 0-4 3FG), 4 Rbs, 1 Ast, (+6)
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Bad game for Hachimura.

His inability to stay in front of the long Boston forwards forced Ham to play the undersized lineup again.

It also hurt that he missed all those threes.

I'm not giving up on him, there's a lot of good... but he was too passive on the boards and this game was tough to watch.
dj1337
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:45 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Bad game for Hachimura.

His inability to stay in front of the long Boston forwards forced Ham to play the undersized lineup again.

I'm not giving up on him, there's a lot of good... but he was too passive on the boards and this game was tough to watch.

??? he was guarding tatum and brown very well it was the guards like white/brogdan that would blow past him. Did you watch the game? Tatum and brown missed most of their shots when hachimura was on them. He just wasnt on them as much as he should of been.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:58 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Bad game for Hachimura.

I think you may be exercising a bit of hyperbole here. Granted, no one should have been under the impression that Rui was some kind of defensive stalwart. All in all, Rui is an average defender. And, I saw the same in this game. He had sequences guarding Jaylen/Tatum where he did a good job of staying with them. And, there were others were he either took bad angles, bit on jab fakes, or lost his man entirely on a back cut.

Rui is not a "+" defender, but he's not a "-" one, either. He's just neutral. Which means, to be a positive on the floor, he has to score. But, so far, it seems that Hamm doesn't know how to do that. We'll see.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:01 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Gotta hit the open 3s the next game.

What he needs to do is forget the three take a step forward and hit. The two were mid range where he is much more dead on.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:49 am    Post subject:

dj1337 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Bad game for Hachimura.

??? he was guarding tatum and brown very well it was the guards like white/brogdan that would blow past him. Did you watch the game? Tatum and brown missed most of their shots when hachimura was on them. He just wasnt on them as much as he should of been.

All I know is Ham couldn't leave him on the floor.

He missed some wide open shots, was slow on some of the boards, and got juked pretty badly a few times.

I'm a Hachimura fan, so I'm not trying to troll... but that was not a good game imo.

I'm hoping he bounces back next game. Probably tight from the high expectations.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:03 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Bad game for Hachimura.

He missed some wide open shots, was slow on some of the boards, and got juked pretty badly a few times.

I'm a Hachimura fan, so I'm not trying to troll... but that was not a good game imo.

I'm hoping he bounces back next game. Probably tight from the high expectations.

No and I disagree, hachimura was guarding Tatum and brown with ease. I canโ€™t believe Coach ham in continuing with the the 3 guard lineup. This is bad coaching on coach Ham.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:13 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Bad game for Hachimura.

Small sample size but he has been weak on the boards, he was out hustled several times.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Bad game for Hachimura.

Small sample size but he has been weak on the boards, he was out hustled several times.

That's another thing to watch, he's a decent rebounder but he has never been known as a big rebounder (5.1 avg).
He has the frame and the tools but he needs to pick it up a notch. Hopefully he'll improve as the season progresses, we'll see what the coaches can get out of him.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:54 am    Post subject:

Somebody needs to fix Rui's shot. He leans forward on his three point attempts instead of getting his feet under him for the jump shot.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

My impression so far is that he does help balance the roster, but that in terms of production, he's a taller and marginally better version of Troy Brown. We'll see how he looks after he's been through a few more practices.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:07 pm    Post subject:

^
He's got a lot of athleticism and upside though. I don't think if we are going to re-sign him this was a bad move. 3 second rounds picks can be bought back by cash. You got a big wing that you've really lacked. The main concerns I have with this move

1) Will we give him the freedom to create/score or will he be put into a 3nD role ala Kuz (that bottles him up).

2) Will we actually invest in keeping him? I can see teams sign him for the MLE. He's maybe a player whose metrics don't correlate to a MLE player, but he has that size/talent/athlticism combo at a position that is valued. So we'll need to give him 24-30M to keep him, IMO. Will we pass up on this to go star shoppping/chasing?

Overall if you ask me 3 picks from the second round for a few years of this dude, I think yeah sure. But the fact is he wasn't able to outplay Kuzma. Even before Kuz got there, he wasn't out playing the comp pre-Kuz. So he's not a starting level proven player. He's a quality bench scorer right now with potential to become a starting 2-way guy. Also, I am not sure the metrics show he's better at 3. Seem to be a guy that will end up being a 4 in this league.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:38 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
^
So we'll need to give him 24-30M to keep him, IMO.

Huh?
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject:

So, as brutal as last night was, how was he covering the wings? I thought he did decent
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Could it be the Lakers limiting his value and production by not playing him heavy minutes. Similar to Reaves unable to start a certain amount of games to keep his cap hold value down?
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Well, considering he is being less than a week with the team going against 2 of the top young stars in the league, I think he fair very well.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:50 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Well, considering he is being less than a week with the team going against 2 of the top young stars in the league, I think he fair very well.

Yeah, it's way too early to make a call, it takes time. But even as is, he's been OK, neither great, nor bad.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:18 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
He said the Lakers are the most popular team in his native Japan. I'm certain he wore number 8 because of Kobe. If true, I also believe him choosing #28 represents Gigi and Kobe, which makes me like him even more.

I thought about that too, but I think No.28 has more to do with the fact that he was born in the 2nd month (February) and on the 8th day= 28

The first character in his last name is the number 8

Hachi means 8.

https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&text=%E5%85%AB&op=translate

That would be the most likely reason.

Where'd he get the 2?
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
He said the Lakers are the most popular team in his native Japan. I'm certain he wore number 8 because of Kobe. If true, I also believe him choosing #28 represents Gigi and Kobe, which makes me like him even more.

I thought about that too, but I think No.28 has more to do with the fact that he was born in the 2nd month (February) and on the 8th day= 28

The first character in his last name is the number 8

Hachi means 8.

https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&text=%E5%85%AB&op=translate

That would be the most likely reason.

Where'd he get the 2?

his birthday is feb 8
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:10 am    Post subject:

Super random but has Lebron been asked in any interviews yet about the Rui trade?
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:14 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Super random but has Lebron been asked in any interviews yet about the Rui trade?

When he talked to Ireland and Mychal, he seemed positive about it.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:22 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
^

Huh?

My guess is that theyโ€™d need to give him 24-30/3 yrs to keep him. Near Kuz money, maybe a little less.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:51 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
manlisten wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
^

Huh?

My guess is that theyโ€™d need to give him 24-30/3 yrs to keep him. Near Kuz money, maybe a little less.

SRPs for a $30m player... u gotta tip ur hat to Rob
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 28 of 96
Jump to: