RUI HACHIMURA (3yr, $51M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:35 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
Somebody needs to fix Rui's shot. He leans forward on his three point attempts instead of getting his feet under him for the jump shot.

I might be remembering wrong but I think all his threes in the Celtics game were above the break. He’s always been awful on ATB threes but is decent from the corners.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:40 am    Post subject:

Rui should get a good run tonight.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:13 am    Post subject:

Ham needs to integrate this guy into the offense more. Get him some post-ups or opportunities in the mid post, flash him to the FT line where he can use his mid-range and drive game - generally get him to be more aggressive.

He is trying not to come in and be a chucker but we are better served with him going out there and getting buckets. Having him stand around and spot up is not his game, or if we are gonna do that at least have him in the short corners.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:33 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Ham needs to integrate this guy into the offense more. Get him some post-ups or opportunities in the mid post, flash him to the FT line where he can use his mid-range and drive game - generally get him to be more aggressive.

He is trying not to come in and be a chucker but we are better served with him going out there and getting buckets. Having him stand around and spot up is not his game, or if we are gonna do that at least have him in the short corners.

I think the greater need is to integrate him in the defense, he missed a couple of assignments and seemed hesitant, probably cost a couple of points. The second greatest need is to recognize the offensive opportunities in Ham's offense (positioning, movement, cuts, options) a lot quicker - super important when playing with LBJ and AD.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Trudell [AT] LakersReporter

In the absence of both LeBron and AD, Rui Hachimura will get his first start for the Lakers tonight, via Darvin Ham.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Stats vs Nets:

16 Pts, (6-13 FG 46%), 4 Rbs, 1 Ast. (-11)
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:28 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Stats vs Nets:

11 Pts, (4-11 FG 36.4%), 4 Rbs, 1 Ast. (-6)

Not sure where you get it from.. But I'm seeing

16pts 46%/50% -11
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Rui is not it
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:30 pm    Post subject:

I’d play Gabriel over him.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Did a lot of good things tonight, including defensively. Missed a lot of chippies at the line and his mid-range 2s. Could've ended up with a comfortable 20. I really like what I'm seeing so far.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:44 pm    Post subject:

He's an upgrade overall to what was there before. He's a better player than Brown or Wenyen. Though I love Wenyen's hustle. I see a $10m player tops though.

He looks the part. His footwork and jumper look good. He has good size. But he's not a good rebounder or passer. Seems okay defensively. I don't mind him, or the fact they took a fly on him to retain his bird rights. But if someone does offer him $15m+ I'd let him walk. And from the reports at the time of the trade, that's the type of deal he's looking for.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:21 pm    Post subject:

He should have had more usage tonight. Not a good game but was one of the few players out there that could actually hit shots.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:24 pm    Post subject:

This guy will be big for us. Seems like hes fighting some nerves out there, notably at the FT line, but once he settles in he'll be our 3rd best player. You can actually run the offense thru him at the elbow or low block. Excited to see him once he gets in a groove
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Barry Seal wrote:
Rui is not it

Fans are great they don’t even let you put your (bleep) gym bag away before they declare you a bust
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:39 pm    Post subject:

This guy is obviously not the savior... but he can definitely be consistently in a rotation on a championship team. He can probably even be a starter on a championship team. A really good glue guy... that's his ceiling I think.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:40 pm    Post subject:

kawhi clone. i think something went wrong in the cloning process, lol
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:42 pm    Post subject:

People expecting a Kawhi Leonard for 3 second round picks.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:49 pm    Post subject:

3 games in and people ready to throw him away

Give him some damn time. If he can hit shots and defend at a decent level it's a W trade.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:02 am    Post subject:

3 games:

13-28 FG
48%
12ppg
4.4 rebounds
4FTA per game
22 minutes per game

You give him 30 mpg (Beverly, Brick, Dennis) and you have 15ppg, 6rpg, 6FTA per game, 6"8 at SF, 36% 3pt shooting.

compare it to Troy Brown this season:

6.8 ppg, 42% FG, 4.2 RPG, 23.9 minutes

Brown's PPG is CAPPED. His efficiency is not high enough to continue giving him shots, does not get to the line but Rui does. Same thing with Reaves. Same case. A young player waiting to explode.

Its been said that Kawhi is an all time great and that the similarlities we are taking about about not about their impact on the game but how their games look, but clowns are going to clown, and mockers are going to mock.

Code:

- Bradly Beal

""He's not Kawhi, but he plays like him. I was like 'well, he has a high ceiling.' He's not really a four, we can really make him into a three. We can make him into a play-maker. He can post smaller guys, he can guard big guys. He's very versatile in a lot of ways. I think his ceiling is really high. I love him. He's a workhorse. I don't know who he's really, really comparable to because his ceiling is that high."

- Jared Dudley

"Out of all the NBA rookies the most slept on is Rui Hachimura... He’s really a 3 playing at the 4 position.. Has a lot of Kawhi in his game! Super skilled, tough, and aggressive! Wizards found themselves a young Star in the future"

- Isaiah Thomas
"I’ve been saying that since the start of season. A lot of young kawhi."

- Phil Handy
"Reminds me of this guy I coached in Toronto'

You keep clowning the Kawhi "comparison" while ignoring the context.

I am just here happy as hell we got a steal and everything is going how I envisioned
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:38 am    Post subject:

I'm rooting for him but he's going to struggle before he gets better.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:46 am    Post subject:

He’s more of a PF which is alright. He’s a 4/3 combo but he just can’t contain quick wings and is too bulky to navigate screens.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:31 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
He's an upgrade overall to what was there before. He's a better player than Brown or Wenyen. Though I love Wenyen's hustle. I see a $10m player tops though.

He looks the part. His footwork and jumper look good. He has good size. But he's not a good rebounder or passer. Seems okay defensively. I don't mind him, or the fact they took a fly on him to retain his bird rights. But if someone does offer him $15m+ I'd let him walk. And from the reports at the time of the trade, that's the type of deal he's looking for.

You'll let him walk after we gave up 3 second round picks? No way you let an asset walk like that, not after what we gave up. You sign him and he becomes a trade asset, hopefully to get back something in return.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:34 am    Post subject:

everyone is so quick to judgement on this guy, from Kawhi to scrub, lol.
the truth is that he played 2 games for us, my only take from the 2 games is that he has a flat shot which needs to be addressed in the off season. he can do a lot of things if used correctly (playing small ball center is not one of it by the way)
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:38 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

You'll let him walk after we gave up 3 second round picks? No way you let an asset walk like that, not after what we gave up. You sign him and he becomes a trade asset, hopefully to get back something in return.

Yep, at this point, unless the contract is ridiculous, you have to match offers in RFA. I think he probably will not get offers much north of the MLE. He's a talented scorer, which is a big difference from someone like Stanley.

People talk about other athletic long wings who were drafted high but not developed into starters/stars, the difference there is that they didn't score as well. Stanley comes to mind, as do a few others. Rui can score. Now do I think he's going to be better than Kuz? Nah. I think that's exactly what his likely level will be, someone around Kuz (the Laker) level. You got to give him a deal like THTs and see if he will develop. It's overpayment, but so long as it's in the MLE range, we can live with it if doesn't work out.

Here's the thing though, will the Lakers give him that $$$ over pursuing a star? I'll believe that when I see it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:34 am    Post subject:

Rui Hachimura wears number 28. He told Jeanie 2 is for Gigi the 8 is for Kobe

https://twitter.com/DevDock/status/1620474532481105920
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 29 of 97
Jump to: