RUI HACHIMURA (3yr, $51M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
He's really been a no show since Bron's injury. Don't know if Ham's coaching staff can't give him plays or anything but he doesn't seem to fit with this squad well. S&T option this summer?

For who? All he could get Washington in return was Nunn.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
He's really been a no show since Bron's injury. Don't know if Ham's coaching staff can't give him plays or anything but he doesn't seem to fit with this squad well. S&T option this summer?

For who? All he could get Washington in return was Nunn.

Yeah, Rui apparently wanted a deal starting on the order of $18m. Being traded away from the team who took him in the lottery resets the context. Not sure he sees mid-level money with his performance. He becomes a positive asset if you get his on a good deal with years, but nothing close to what he was asking for.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:11 pm    Post subject:

He RUI-lly needs to step up his game...
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Really disappointed specially without Bron
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
RUI HACHIMURA’S LAST 5 GAMES

2/26 DAL: 11 minutes, 2 points, 1/5 FG
2/28 MEM: 20 minutes, 9 points, 3/7 FG
3/1 OKC: 27 minutes, 9 points, 3/6 FG
3/3 MIN: 22 minutes, 6 points, 2/9 FG
3/5 GSW: 20 minutes, 2 points, 1/5 FG

AVG: 20 minutes, 5.6 points, 31.3% FG
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:00 pm    Post subject:

If we didn't already have his bird rights, I'm not sure he's worth the MLE. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up taking the QO of 8+ million though I think it's more likely they settle on something like 2/15. What team is giving up more at his current level of play?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:06 pm    Post subject:

He has so much potential but he really needs to
1 be more aggressive
2 catch the damn ball

It's doubtful he will change much though if he's been in the league already for several years. A shame since he has such a beautiful jump shot, one of the best looking ones currently in the league
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:10 pm    Post subject:

$15mil/2years = $7.5mil/year…good value for Rui at this point. Maybe he improves before the year is out or in the playoffs and the price goes up…maybe he continues to struggle and he’s dismissed…but since the ability for the Lakers to add players will be limited, giving him a chance for next year at a decent cost is probably worth it.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Rui or Stanley Johnson?
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:27 pm    Post subject:

And you see exactly why he can’t beat Kuzma out and was dealt. He wasn’t a worker and it got show when Kuzma and Porzingis came and he had to work for his minutes and touches
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:29 pm    Post subject:

And you see exactly why he can’t beat Kuzma out and was dealt. He wasn’t a worker and it got show when Kuzma and Porzingis came and he had to work for his minutes and touches
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:

Not sure if it's a work ethic thing. I do think finding the right player development coach could do wonders for him though. We have a number of good ones.
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:48 pm    Post subject:

He reminds me so much of elden campbell. They look like beasts but play so mediocre. No fire, more times than not, they seem to be just going through the motions.

What's most disappointing, with James out, there is plenty of minutes for him if he is willing to do what coaches are asking, defend, rebound, and block shots. Just help anchor the interior.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
He RUI-lly needs to step up his game...

If he were Chinese and not Japanese this pun would be golden but alas.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Supply and demand. He probably gets a decent deal whether he plays well or not because it’s hard to find wings with his size lol

Y’all forget before we got rui and Vanderbilt that we were out here running 3 guard lineups. It wasn’t just this season either lol

Pay that man…I think that when the game slows down in the playoffs he will shine.

Half court, matchup hunting, post up and iso from the post is his game.

Plus we need as many sizable wings as we can get for the suns and clippers.

He’s been trash for sure though.

KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:

The difference is Kuz chucks and Rui gets down on himself and loses confidence when he misses. Not that Kuz is a bad player, but he's comfortable with taking advantage of the greenlight the Wizards give him.

Rui is rough around the edges, but he's still salvageable IMO. Granted, Lakers may not be the best fit for him, given Ham's prioritization of floor spacing threats next to AD. However, his midrange is still money and they need to run some sets for him to get open there.

I still think he's adjusting to the cultural differences here. This may take some time, but Lakers may not be so patient. It wasn't long ago that he was in Japan and speaking a different language.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:09 pm    Post subject:

I would not overpay for him based on what we’re saying so far

But there are definitely some things that I like about his game

He’s a little too reserved for me
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Since joining the Lakers, Rui has averaged around:

24 minutes/game; 9 pts/game
6 shots/game (44% fg)
1 3pt att./game (28% 3pt)
2 ft's/game (69%)
5 rebounds/game

Strictly going off of numbers, this is very subpar. Especially for a player with Rui's evident talent. However, the problem isn't primarily with Rui, imo. The problem is with how he's being used...or, more to the point, how he's being misused. Or, not used at all.

Rui, Troy, and Vando overlap in some of the positions they play. Troy is a swingman (2/3), Rui is a combo forward (3/4), while Vando is versatile enough to play multiple positions (2/3/4). But, all have different strengths. Vando is the hustle/energy defensive-minded player. He makes things happen off pure activity. He's not a scorer, so any points from him is a bonus. Troy is a solid defender, with solid shooting ability. He won't "wow" you with his perfomance. But, he's stable on both ends of the court. Each of these two guys have found their established role on this team. Then, there's Rui...

Out of the three players I mentioned, Rui has the highest ceiling, offensively. Rui is a 6'8" forward, with a strong solid frame, and a wingspan a little over 7 feet. He also has a silky smooth mid range jump shot. Also, he's a net neutral defender. He won't buff your defense. But, he won't hurt you, either. With all this, he should be a more productive player than he's been so far, right? I argue he would be...if he was utilized properly.

Watching the games, Rui will get one...maybe two...touches in the post. Other than that, he's getting up shots mostly as an outlet off of broken plays, or spot up 3 pointers. Neither of these things play into his strengths. Just look at Beasley, for example. Ever since he became a Laker, the team will run sets, attempting to get him open looks from 3, throughout the game. Rui's been here longer, but he see's less attention from our coaching staff, in trying to get him more engaged on offense. That's just sad, honestly.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject:

The truth is right now Troy is much better than he is on this team. Rui’s role is to come off the bench…provide some offensive punch, which he hasn’t. Be A solid wing defender, which he hasn’t. Get some boards and run the floor. Not much of each. Honestly I would offer him 3 years $15 million tops or let him walk.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:02 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
The truth is right now Troy is much better than he is on this team. Rui’s role is to come off the bench…provide some offensive punch, which he hasn’t. Be A solid wing defender, which he hasn’t. Get some boards and run the floor. Not much of each. Honestly I would offer him 3 years $15 million tops or let him walk.

Troy has played better than Rui but that's not saying much.

It's all a question of whose ceiling is higher.

I mean for the same price you take Rui but if Troy is willing to work for peanuts then maybe that's the way to go.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:17 pm    Post subject:

At the moment, Cam Reddish is outplaying Rui.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:23 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
At the moment, Cam Reddish is outplaying Rui.

I was good trying for Reddish.

At this point, we just need to hope he wakes up.

With each game the odds get lower and lower of this happening but I still will hope.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:04 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Rui or Stanley Johnson?

Rui is a better shot creator and maker. But he's lacking confidence. We're seeing why we were the highest bidder with 3 SRPs. No one was giving FRPs for Rui, despite the talent/athelticism/size.

That said, if we can keep him at a decent $$$, there is some upside there. I wouldn't do more than a MLE, but a 2 year MLE range deal, I think is easily movable and he has a lot more upside as a shot maker than Stanley.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:03 am    Post subject:

Overpaid

not a fan
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:05 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Troy has played better than Rui but that's not saying much.

It's all a question of whose ceiling is higher.

I mean for the same price you take Rui but if Troy is willing to work for peanuts then maybe that's the way to go.

I would take Brown over Rui at the same price
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 40 of 97
Jump to: