RUI HACHIMURA (3yr, $51M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:32 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
I think I ranked Rui 2nd in his draft

6"8 wings with his isolation skills and shooting are rare. Wait till you guys see his kobe fadeaways. He is like a Kawhi Clone. And rhe numbers are not bad 14ppg on 48% and 40% 3pt.

Hopefully this is the right situation

kawhi clone without the ball handling and defense

Phil Handy said he reminds him on KAwhi also. Everyone says this, it's insane that Washington never really gave him a change. This kid is already a star when you look at his game he just needs direction. Go get 25 tonight and he can go and do it. But you need to encourage him. He can do it against anyone, I seen him body up anyone from Anthony Davis to KAwhi to Gobert. He is sick. He is just not selfish enough and this is why people say he underachieved.

There is a wide chasm between being an underachiever and being a star. Rui falls somewhere in the middle. Washington did give him chances but he didn’t impress enough to play him ahead of Kuzma. He doesn’t have that obstacle in LA so he should get more consistent minutes.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:34 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Seems like Phil getting his fill in from that kookaid he has in hand.

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1618659439707590657

I gotta see a lot more defense against legitimate title contenders to start drinking from that cup, but if that’s the case then it’s gonna get expensive keeping dude here.

Handy is just doing his job. When you have a player like Hachimura, you want to build up his confidence. That's good coaching.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Seems like Phil getting his fill in from that kookaid he has in hand.

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1618659439707590657

I gotta see a lot more defense against legitimate title contenders to start drinking from that cup, but if that’s the case then it’s gonna get expensive keeping dude here.

Handy is just doing his job. When you have a player like Hachimura, you want to build up his confidence. That's good coaching.

Handy knows the importance of realistic expectations also. He wouldn't say that about Stanley Johnson.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Im a Rui guy but honestly don't see the kawhi comps. Much more Horford to me
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
I think I ranked Rui 2nd in his draft

6"8 wings with his isolation skills and shooting are rare. Wait till you guys see his kobe fadeaways. He is like a Kawhi Clone. And rhe numbers are not bad 14ppg on 48% and 40% 3pt.

Hopefully this is the right situation

kawhi clone without the ball handling and defense

Phil Handy said he reminds him on KAwhi also. Everyone says this, it's insane that Washington never really gave him a change. This kid is already a star when you look at his game he just needs direction. Go get 25 tonight and he can go and do it. But you need to encourage him. He can do it against anyone, I seen him body up anyone from Anthony Davis to KAwhi to Gobert. He is sick. He is just not selfish enough and this is why people say he underachieved.

There is a wide chasm between being an underachiever and being a star. Rui falls somewhere in the middle. Washington did give him chances but he didn’t impress enough to play him ahead of Kuzma. He doesn’t have that obstacle in LA so he should get more consistent minutes.

I'm not saying Rui is going to be a star either... but we have a parallel situation where the more charismatic Kuzma ingratiated himself to coaching staff where he'd get more shots than Ingram.

Then you have the same situation where a lowkey dude gets overshadowed again by Kuzma.

I'm not saying Kuzma doesn't have legitimate skills himself... but I don't think we know what Rui will be because Kyle has been getting most of his shots.

He improved his shooting his first three years as he adjusted to the NBA

Let's see what happens... but as we saw before, playing behind Kuzma doesn't mean he's necessarily the worse player.

Kuzma's like the Eddie Haskell of the NBA
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:

Really?

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1618485303530098688?s=20&t=iLi6VMS2JPuG7BGrvkUvKQ

That was last game. In one game, that looks like Kawhi.

Anthony Davis said Darvin Ham called some plays for Rui Hachimura that usually go to AD, while Ham told him to stand in the corner. “I gotta talk to coach about this,” he joked.

AD said he told Rui, “If they don’t double, you don’t pass.”

These guys have confident in him and in a podcast Draymond said Rui is a guy EVERYONE around the league RESPECTS because they know he is GOOD. He talked about how only a few players are respected like RUI.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:46 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Really?

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1618485303530098688?s=20&t=iLi6VMS2JPuG7BGrvkUvKQ

Anthony Davis said Darvin Ham called some plays for Rui Hachimura that usually go to AD, while Ham told him to stand in the corner. “I gotta talk to coach about this,” he joked.

These guys have confident in him and in a podcast Draymond said Rui is a guy EVERYONE around the league RESPECTS because they know he is GOOD. He talked about how only a few players are respected like RUI.

I see it. Middle class version of Kawhi on offense. Which will be great for us.
But he doesn't have the hands and skillset on defense.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:50 pm    Post subject:

The nice part is Rui is probably never going to see consistent double teams with AD and LeBron out on the floor.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:51 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Really?

A middle class version of Kawhi on offense at 24 years old, coming from a terrible organization is a GREAT asset to work with, specially when you have the best coach to work with ISO players in Phil Handy. Kyrie gives handy tons of credit for his ball handling and I believe he will help Rui be more fluid with the ball to take advantage of his shot creation and athleticism.

On defense its impossible to be as good as Kawhi. But Rui is very good

watch how he defends kawhi here:

watch the whole video he is mostly matched up with Kawhi

People forget that Kawhi had an Identical offensive career as Rui until he was 25 years he old...Until then he was a 13ppg scorer even though that was on a championship team and he was focused on defense it shows that the situation matters alot, and hopefully this is the right situation for a guy with ruis skillset.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:11 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Really?

I don’t see anything close to Kawhi’s skill level. However, the deliberate and methodical pace he seems to play with, especially when working in the mid-post/iso, does resemble Kawhi quite a bit.

Kawhi gets to his spots in a way that I think Rui can emulate. A combination of patience, footwork, ball handling and strength. Rui should be able to approximate some of that over time. And he’s already quite good with a lot of upside.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi's ball handling is what separates him from Rui, along with lock down perimeter defense. If Rui can increase his skills in the dribbling department then i can see it. But until then he is a more nimble, albeit a bit shorter, Al Horford in my book. Which is a great starting point. Young Al Horford was a problem
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Lg- we don’t need stars we need solid role players

Lg on rui - eh he’s only a role player
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
epic_ wrote:
scout_0 wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Really?

I don’t see anything close to Kawhi’s skill level. However, the deliberate and methodical pace he seems to play with, especially when working in the mid-post/iso, does resemble Kawhi quite a bit.

Kawhi gets to his spots in a way that I think Rui can emulate. A combination of patience, footwork, ball handling and strength. Rui should be able to approximate some of that over time. And he’s already quite good with a lot of upside.

I mean player comparisons are great, right but let’s be honest we don’t need Rui to be Kawhi Leonard in order to be awesome for us
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Lg- we don’t need stars we need solid role players

Lg on rui - eh he’s only a role player

Who's saying this?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@TheLeadSM

This season, opposing players are shooting just 36.9% with Rui Hachimura as the closest defender.

According to http://NBA.com, that’s the best mark in the league among qualified players.

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:28 pm    Post subject:

coldzim wrote:
Quote:
@TheLeadSM

This season, opposing players are shooting just 36.9% with Rui Hachimura as the closest defender.

According to http://NBA.com, that’s the best mark in the league among qualified players.

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:47 pm    Post subject:

coldzim wrote:
Quote:
@TheLeadSM

Reminds me of that time when the Lakers were going to draft Lonzo Ball, and people were incorrectly assessing that he was a terrible defender and UCLA had to “hide” him. Advanced stats proved otherwise from a series of tweets, but went unnoticed to the main public. Then Lonzo proves to be an all nba defender from day 1. People went surprised Pikachu face.

Wouldn’t be surprised if that turns out to be the case for Rui.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:07 pm    Post subject:

I actually really love this move.. This is the exact kind of trade I was hoping for but didn't have any real belief it would happen.. With the 2nd's we got back in the Russ trade it makes this that much better as well.. Got rid of one of the too many guards we have and without including a 1st for a guy that has the potential to fit extremely well and has tons of room to grow.. This is still the same front office?

This gives them a good two weeks now to see how things start looking with AD back especially and if they start looking dangerous while AD stays healthy it would make a bigger trade easier to possibly pull the trigger on this late in the Season.

Regardless though Rui is a guy I can see thriving and starting to live up to his potential a bit more next to AD and Bron. Bottom line is we gave up picks that aren't worth much at all and a near worthless player at a position we are loaded with for a young player that has tons of upside and actually is tall enough to play the 3/4.. I'll take that all day considering our current state!

I see absolutely no reason why any Lakers fan wouldn't like this trade...
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Then Lonzo proves to be an all nba defender from day 1.

What? I'm don't think he ever even got a vote for all-defense.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:24 pm    Post subject:

One thing I liked from what we saw of Rui on Wednesday is that while he has something of a power game in the halfcourt, he also runs the floor well and looks to get out on the fast break and finish.

He has the potential to make our fast break even better, especially if he consistently shoots over 38% from downtown.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:

tony campbell

scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Then Lonzo proves to be an all nba defender from day 1.

What? I'm don't think he ever even got a vote for all-defense.

That doesnt mean he wasnt an allstar defender

Kobe won Mvp how many times? You can't tell me he wasn't the best player for about 10 years.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Inverse wrote:

tony campbell

Are you serious?
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Sick turn around
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject:

I like the guy, let's see what he brings, I think his size alone will be a better match-up against many team, instead of playing small-ball...

Here is something I find interesting, look at his highest scoring games this season, including some teams that the Lakers have had trouble with:
30 vs Magic
26 vs Bucks
30 vs Suns
21 vs Kings
23 vs Mavs

Plus all of the above were wins for the Wiz
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 26 of 97
Jump to: