Laker Keepers For Next Season (THREAD UPDATED AFTER GAME 67!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:40 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
We need to keep DS and do whatever it takes.

Not exactly possible with not having his bird rights and little cap space to work with.

Dude is gone after this.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Not exactly possible with not having his bird rights and little cap space to work with.

Dude is gone after this.

MLE?
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Dude is gone after this.

You think so? He really struggled after leaving us last time, and was excited to return. I think he will take the tpMLE to stay. He has a ton of respect for Lebron.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Obvious;
LJ
AD

Would not be surprised if they stick;
DLo
Bamba
Dennis
Beasley
Gabriel
Rui
Vandy

Likely;
Reaves

And they fill the rest of the roster.

NOW if the let everyone go in order to after a star, I'll puck. The
headhunting as not payed off and some of these guys are worth
keeping at the right price.
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:09 pm    Post subject:

I believe if we do well the rest of the year we may try to keep everyone. However, there are priorities.

Must sign:
- DLO (if for no other reason that to not lose a big tradable asset for nothing)

- Vanderbilt (we have him for next year already, but I’d extend him ASAP while his salary will still be somewhat reasonable. His value is likely to go way up if he continues to play well on the Lakers big stage.)

- Reeves

- Max Christie

- Dennis (I think he’ll take all or part of our MLE - he’d be hard to replace in that price range)

If they play well we should also try to sign:
- Rui (we gave up 3 picks for him and he has value in a future trade)

- Gabriel (only at vet min, but a high energy guy with good size)

- Bamba (jury still out on him. If he anchors the defense and plays well we should try to bring him back. Hard to get young talented centers)

Only keep if he really earns it:
- Beasley (awesome to have a shooter, but he will likely to be too costly unless he’s really lighting it up the rest of the season and is not too big a liability on defense. Although I could see signing him with the idea of using him as a trade asset)

I’m sure we tried to trade Lonnie at the deadline, but must not of found a deal we liked. He’ll probably walk for nothing. If he takes vet min, you bring him back. I’d also keep Troy at vet min. A decent 3&D player that can defend 2’s & 3’s.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:26 pm    Post subject:

One thing to note. I believe Bamba still has one year left on his contract. $10.3m next season.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:06 am    Post subject:

Would love to keep almost everyone around, at this point (unless a ‘can’t refuse’ trade comes up). Guys I’d keep are:

LBJ
AD
DLo
Dennis (please sign for the TPMLE)
Reaves
Rui
Vando
Gabriel
Beasley
Christie
Bamba

With minutes looking like this:
Schroder (26) - Russell (22)
Russell (8) - Reaves (20) - Beasley (20) (give and take AR/Beas’ minutes depending on who’s playing better)
Bron (22) - Vando (12) - Christie (14)
Rui (24) - Vando (12) - Bron (12)
AD (14) - Gabriel or Bamba (14) (depends on matchup)

Then you still have a mid FRP and mid SRP to add
#18 next...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:21 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
One thing to note. I believe Bamba still has one year left on his contract. $10.3m next season.

Apparently it's not fully guaranteed.

It's a non-guarantee for his contract next year. It becomes fully guaranteed on June 29, this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:54 am    Post subject:

First of all let's look at who is under contract for next season.

LeBron James 46M
Anthony Davis 40M
Malik Beasley 16M(Team Option)
Mo Bamba 10M
Rui Hachimura 8M(Qualifying Offer)
Jarred Vanderbilt 4M
Davon Reed 2M
Max Christie 1.7M
Scotty Pippen Jr 1.7M (Qualifying Offer)
Cole Swider 500,000 (Two-Way)

So the Lakers have 9 players essentially under contract next season not on a two-way if we pick up all team options and Qualifying Offers.

So 3 more spots open for a 12 man active roster.
D'Angelo Russell is obvious. Re-sign him and take advantage of Bird's Rights if you have to. Keep him under all circumstances.
Austin Reaves is the next obvious re-sign. He will likely command a 5-9M a year contract. Keep him under all circumstances.
Lonnie Walker is probably going to command the same kind of contract he has this year 6M or maybe even an MLE. Keep him if you can.
Dennis Schroeder is another that is probably worth 5-6M contract or the MLE. Keep him if you can.
Troy Brown and Wenyen Gabriel are going to be in the 2-3M range most likely.

So the main two you keep under all circumstances are Austin Reaves and D'Angelo Russell. The rest it depends on how much they're asking.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:24 am    Post subject:

Players of concern for me would be Walker, Brown Jr and Dennis. I think everyone else is pretty much a given to somehow keep. This team on paper is pretty promising. As of now Beasley hasn't proven to be better at the position at least for the Lakers as Walker has. Walker aside from injuries is our best 2-Guard to date!
TBJ is the type of player that has a huge ceiling and you have to find a way to keep him on the team, he's played big and that should be rewarded.

Dennis is the big question considering we're able to extend the new guys. He's technically our only pure PG. However with Austin and DLO being more than capable to run the role, who do the Lakers invest in. If anything, I say Austin, mainly because after this season he will have a ton of experience coming off the bench and will be well suited as a 6th man for next year backing up DLO.

Gabriel could be an odd man out, but he also has proven his value to this team. Read maybe on the fence as well especially if there's just no minutes for him.

IMO the Lakers need to get some continuity on this team and look toward the long haul! They're extremely young, athletic with enough to compete. Over the last couple of years, it's been some one-and-done players just to try to win a title, I think with the exception of the Bubble, that's proven to not be a sound strategy. This is the best They've looked since that team! The Lakers need to make it work!
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:29 am    Post subject:

Depends on what the players are going to want: I think Bambo's 10.3 million is likely to get traded somewhere of need. If Walker picks up his players option, his status will depend on Beasley. If Beasley signs with us, then Walker is likely to be traded. But if Beasley leaves, we may choose to keep Walker.

Would like to retain Schroder, Reaves, and Rui, it all depends on if they want to pursue the open market. But if any of those guys get $12 million plus offers, we are going to lose them.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:41 am    Post subject:

Funny people keep saying “the obvious” is AD. I get LBJ, he is going to eventually start a farewell tour and the $$$ that will bring in will be INSANE. But I don’t think you can win a championship with him anymore as the #1 because I do believe he is going to load mgt his ass off the next few years to ensure he can play with his son a few years (only way Bronny is on a roster is if his dad is on it). Which a team will do (see $$$ above for farewell tour).

But AD is not “obvious”. The guy simply can’t stay healthy. Even when he is playing he is struggling because of his body. And if keeping LBJ and really want a chance to compete, we need a 1A or 2 that is at least somewhat healthy. AD is only going to get worse as he ages from a health POV, not better.

If the Lakers could take AD and the 29th pick and get say a return of an all-star type big, you do that right away. Hell I would give him and pick up and maybe then some for say Towns or Bam etc. again Health is always a issue with bigs but a bigger issue with AD is he has shown over and over even in NO he is not the alpha to lead a team. So especially when LBJ is gone, AD is not the answer as the next great Laker to ensure we are a contender.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:06 am    Post subject:

Didn’t know where to put this and excuse me if my math is off. I was curious to know what our average age was now based on the new additions:

14 players - 25.9 average age

16 players (including Pippen and Cole) - 25.5 average age

It’s nice to have a pretty young team who’s just entering their primes (minus Dennis, Bron, and AD who are in their primes).
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:04 am    Post subject:

So Schroeder has been really good and the answer is to let him go?
Guys, I get trying to be "cap conscious", but undervaluing guys who play their role well is how we got into this situation.

Schroeder needs to be retained as he's a guy with starting caliber talent who can come off the bench or start based on team needs

Lonnie is someone I like but we can let go, but Schroeder is a key player especially considering our stars usually miss time with injuries
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:12 am    Post subject:

After Lebron and AD

No Brainer Asset

Vandy- Swiss Army Knife defensively on good contract.
Reaves - Another playmaker that fit swell with Lebron and AD
Christie - Young cheap with good 3 & D potential
Rui - Don’t expect a huge raise so he is very good asset on a expected reasonable contract
Gabriel - Another cheap contract , cheap insurance policy

Valuable Asset for Trade

DLo - Limited but good fit , Keep unless you get a star
Beasley - His salary is a good filler for trade
Bamba - Anorher good salary filler for trade and, still young to be intriguing
23 FRP - Please don’t trade for a role player , keep it for bigger fish. Otherwise cheap way to get a ready to contribute now rookie
23 SRP - Can be traded with DLo, Beasley and Mamba for a star

Keep on good price

Schroder - Reliable mercenary that can play at both ends

Just minimum for towel waving and buttshifting warming up the bench

Walker - Microwave cheap alternative
TB Jr - Actually we should get rid of hi. To end Ham love affair but cheap insurance policy
Reed - Maybe we get something out of nothing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:

- Vanderbilt (we have him for next year already, but I’d extend him ASAP while his salary will still be somewhat reasonable. His value is likely to go way up if he continues to play well on the Lakers big stage.)

I would guess that Vanderbilt wouldn’t be a fan of that.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:47 am    Post subject:

-I like what Vando brings
-I like DLO at around 25 million
-Beasley I think will want too much money
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:05 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
-I like what Vando brings
-I like DLO at around 25 million
-Beasley I think will want too much money

Vandos under contract for next year
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:26 am    Post subject:

I'll just fast forward here.

Keep everyone if we make it to the western conference finals.

Get rid of everyone who sucks if we didn't.

In all seriousness, you have to keep guys like Reaves and Vanderbilt. Those are my must keep Alex Caruso guys.

Then, depending on contracts, keep or trade DLO, Beasley, Rui. I can see DLO really shining with this group, looks like instant chemistry with bron and AD.

Try to keep Christie, Bamba, Gabriel.

Don't care about - Dennis, Lonnie, TBJ.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Keep everyone except LW4. Although he has been the best SG on the team so far and the 4th best player behind AD/LBJ/(WB,Dlo)…I don’t see a reasonable way to bring him back. Beasley is a better shooter and not as much a liability on defense plus Reaves is more versatile as a PG/SG/SF…though I’d only want to use Reaves as backup SG.

Bring everyone else back including Reed:
AD Bamba
Vandi Rui Gabe
LBJ TBjr Max
Beas Reav Reed
Dlo Schro

Need a 3rd C and a 3rd PG
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:15 am    Post subject:

I think Dennis Schröder is a goner. He’s already outplayed his contract much like Thomas Bryant did.

I’m already looking towards the draft and the fact that we have a first round pick this year how smart would it be to take a guard that you could have a round on a cost control contract to back up D’Angelo Russell
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:19 am    Post subject:

Keep everybody but scrubs like Dennis. Trade later if needed
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:07 am    Post subject:

Not sure why people hate on Dennis.. guy is a MASSIVE bargain this year and has done way more good than bad for this team this year.

Seriously doubt they'll be able to keep him.
Keep everyone it's easy to keep.

AD & Bron
Russell
Beasley
Vandy
Mo
Reaves
Rui
Christie

I'm really curious how Brown finishes the season and what his value ends up being. He's turned into a pretty decent 3 & D.
I'd do what I can to keep him.. I like the idea of throwing him and Vandy out in crunch time possessions against Durant and Booker and other wing tandems in the league.

Need a backup PG.. that'll pretty much be it, I believe. We'll see.
I think, unless it's a player they absolutely believe in, they end up trading the 23 player for a future first to remain as flexible as possible.

Keeping that core and keeping that pick will allow them to be VERY flexible if an ideal player becomes available in a trade.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:53 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
I think Dennis Schröder is a goner. He’s already outplayed his contract much like Thomas Bryant did.

I’m already looking towards the draft and the fact that we have a first round pick this year how smart would it be to take a guard that you could have a round on a cost control contract to back up D’Angelo Russell

I’m thinking either a point guard or a Center in this draft.

Center especially since the one I want is my boy Zach Eddey. Having a future center to look forward to for years to come would be nice for once.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:16 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I’m thinking either a point guard or a Center in this draft.

Center especially since the one I want is my boy Zach Eddey. Having a future center to look forward to for years to come would be nice for once.

You're making me hope we get this dude.🤣

#BannersOverBillboards
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: