Welcome MALIK BEASLEY to Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Malik Beasley's pinned comment on his son's birthday post (IG)

https://twitter.com/OVOLakeShow/status/1640181231961899009

I'm glad he knows he's struggling himself, but damn we needa stop going at the families..that's why people calling us Laker fans toxic.

That is really the lowest of low… same goes for Westbrook’s family. Us lakers fans should be Better than that

Famous people really need to NOT READ THE COMMENTS. Social media is a toxic cesspool.

Embarrassing…we can voice our frustrations here….but families are out of limits. He’ll come around
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

I'm glad he knows he's struggling himself, but damn we needa stop going at the families..that's why people calling us Laker fans toxic.

A very reasonable response from Beasley. Happy Birthday to Beasley junior
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:11 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

A very reasonable response from Beasley. Happy Birthday to Beasley junior

So many idiots on there man.
So many of them are toxic.
Gotta get rid of the anonymity. Most of the goofs wouldn't @ players and talk like that in person.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:09 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

We? Please separate atleast me with the dumb 13 yr moronic twitter thugs

It’s disgusting what these internet bullies are doing

There is the guy’s job and then there is his home life
Let him enjoy his sons birthday for chrissake
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Dude is trash on the court. Low IQ Jr Smith clone. Bench him already
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Oof.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Walking turnover

EDIT: And I posted that before the fast-break TO where he ran into AD. I was cringing as soon as he initiated that fast-break.

Last edited by gng930 on Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kobefied
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Why does Ham keep going back to Beasley?

He should be behind Gabriel, he is always working hard - he deserves all of Beasley's minutes.

And then even Lonnie Walker might be a better option.

I don't get it.

Does he give us something else defensively - because I don't see it.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:27 pm    Post subject:

only 10 minutes tonight?
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:30 pm    Post subject:

I can see useful situations where you're clearly the underdog or losing and you hope that Beasley gets hot. But when you just need solid basketball he clearly should not be getting big minutes. Not when you can just give Dennis or TBJ more minutes or even dust off Lonnie or Max.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:41 pm    Post subject:

The only way he should get minutes is to play with DLo and Lebron for 5-10 minutes to see if he is hot, but Han putting him out there with DS/TBJ/Rui /wenyen is just not going to work, might as well play Max
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Less he plays, the more the lakers have a chance of winning. Let's see if Ham realizes that. Just seems to me that he's a shoot first, ask questions later kind of guy, although I'd be happy to be wrong. Makes careless, low IQ passes. Maybe that's why Denver, Minny and Utah were willing to part with him.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:48 pm    Post subject:

He's also a very poor ball-handler. Unless it's a straight shot to the basket, feels like it's always a fumble or TO. Reminds me of when it felt like KCP could do nothing right. But at the very least KCP had his defense to fall back on. Beas is forcing up contesting shots and just praying at this point. Put him in for a few minutes, run some plays/screen-action, and see if you can get him going. Otherwise, it's just not worth it.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:53 pm    Post subject:

He’s just shook right now. Confidence low. And idiot fans go on his ig and trash him. He’s a human, new to LA. If you’re one of those idiots stop trashing your own players.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
only 10 minutes tonight?

He basically forced Ham to bench him. We bled points every second he was on the court. DS wasn’t playing very well today either, but he gives you mega effort every second he’s out there. Beasley just floats, gets shredded on defense and loses his man, and today was a walking talking turnover. He’s been basically unplayable most of his games.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:58 pm    Post subject:

If Ham does end up bringing him on the floor, he should just stay as catch and shoot guy, I cringe whenever he tries to do more.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:58 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
He’s just shook right now. Confidence low. And idiot fans go on his ig and trash him. He’s a human, new to LA. If you’re one of those idiots stop trashing your own players.

Agreed. He's better than this, and will improve with time. The good news is when he hits his stride it will be a bonus. The team is really coming together. His time will come.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:59 pm    Post subject:

I don't feel he was put into a good position tonight. He and Schroder together isn't a great tandem. Schroder isn't great at setting up other guys, and beasley of course isn't either, but found himself needing to with the tough defense and lack of shot creation from Schro.

He needs to work on his defense, and making better decisions passing.

I also don't feel like he is right, judging by some of the turnovers today and some of his social media postings. I hope he comes out next game more like himself. Maybe he should get that sports psychologist Metta got, he did a world of good for him in dealing with the transition to the Lakers
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Max Christie needs to play over him. Also give Rui Beasley’s minutes.

Beasley is gonna be trade bait in the off-season. Someone will be deceived by his volume shooting numbers. We can at least get a 2nd round pick for him. I’m confident in the Lakers scouting department finding a better player there.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:25 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:

Yeah that (bleep) is low for sure. He needs to take a break from social media, especially if his mental health is affected. And maybe even step away from the team a bit.

OTOH, he played horribly before the IG incident. I hope things get better soon on and off the court but until then he needs to be on a short leash and put in a better situation to succeed. In the end though, nobody is forcing him to take bad, contested shots or insist on trying to create off-the-dribble when he is a god-awful ball-handler.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:28 pm    Post subject:

can they just bench malik and lonnie. I think they have good enough shooters (DLO, Reaves, TBJ) in the lineup without them.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
can they just bench malik and lonnie. I think they have good enough shooters (DLO, Reaves, TBJ) in the lineup without them.

They need a coach who can maximize Beasley... Apparently Ham does not understand how to use him right now. Same goes with Rui.

Only way you can maximize Beasley is by playing him with the starter. Meaning he starts. He has enough gravity to open the lane for Lebron/AD/DLo... Also those guys will be better on finding him open. Unlike coming off the bench with Schroder who's not very good at setting up and finding shooters.

Just play him 5-6 minutes to start the game and the half. Base his playing on how well he is shooting that night.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

They need a coach who can maximize Beasley... Apparently Ham does not understand how to use him right now. Same goes with Rui.

Only way you can maximize Beasley is by playing him with the starter. Meaning he starts. He has enough gravity to open the lane for Lebron/AD/DLo... Also those guys will be better on finding him open. Unlike coming off the bench with Schroder who's not very good at setting up and finding shooters.

Just play him 5-6 minutes to start the game and the half. Base his playing on how well he is shooting that night.

Hell no. Austin earned that starting spot, and Beasley has been consistently awful even when he’s gotten wide open looks.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:37 pm    Post subject:

yo I saw 4 turnovers in 10 min lol

Can't have him play with that bench, anything beyond catch & shoot is courting disaster
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:39 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Hell no. Austin earned that starting spot, and Beasley has been consistently awful even when he’s gotten wide open looks.

Well don't expect much from the bench from this point on. Those guys will continue to struggle with Schroder being the main ball handler.

Reaves produce the same either as a starter or off the bench. The way I see it Beasley need to start to maximize him. Reaves needs to come off the bench, so we can maximize the bench production.

Bench only 14 points tonight. That is not going to cut it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 15 of 22
Jump to: