Welcome MALIK BEASLEY to Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject:

As much as I've criticized Beasley, I'm very happy to see that his shot has finally come around the last couple games of the season. Hoping that carries into the play-in, and post season.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Yep if Beas can get hot in the post season all his prior struggles are forgiven

Even if he only gets hot for 1-2 games a series that's enough to swing the overall matchup in our favor in a 7 game set
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:03 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Megaton wrote:
That’s it. He’s done.

This is the loss that should make him come off the bench. No excuses anymore. Maybe he will be better against the 2nd unit, but he is useless as a starter.

This^^^ Sadly he has shown this for several games now but so many were holding on to potential instead of production. I don’t know if LW4 would be any better but at least he can finish so maybe be somewhat useful if 3pt is t falling. But,I got off track…the point… bench Beasley and start Reeves. Give Beasley and LW4 10 minutes each because of what LW4 did earlier in the season and what Beasley may be capable of doing. Use that to keep one for $8mil and move on from the other one.

Imo…based on actual sustained production instead of anticipation of what could be…if LW4 had been given the support, benefit of the doubt, and opportunity that Beasley has received then the team and fans would be interested in bringing LW4 back. I expect many to flame the opinion having forgotten how good LW4 was before his injury but he hasn’t got an opportunity since returning from it…benched immediately with DNPs after returning…despite 44% from 3pt range averaging 18ppg in Nov this season for the Lakers.

Even if Beasley was expected to be better than he has been, LW4 had earned at least the opportunity to not get the DNPs after his production so far up to the trades. I hope at least one of them steps up big in the post season.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:06 am    Post subject:

Mediocre performances so far, He needs to pick it up otherwise that team option is gone.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:27 am    Post subject:

Big game 2 coming for MB tomorrow.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:37 am    Post subject:

Beas has really been in a funk on his 3 pt shooting since becoming a Laker, it's a bummer, but he's still been a positive player, not causing issues when moving to the bench extra....hope he can uncork a 6-8 3 pter game here and there, because he is that kind of player when hot that can really break things open.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:59 am    Post subject:

He will have a big game or 2 before the playoffs are over. I have faith
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:01 am    Post subject:

Beasley's case highlights why I'm always skeptical of all the "we need shooters" clamor here. Volume shooters need minutes in order to succeed but if they're 1-dimensional (like Beas) then only teams that are built to hide their weaknesses can afford to give them big minutes.
The right need for the Lebron/AD Lakers is "we need 2-way starters that can stretch the floor" - DLo and Reaves do exactly that (KCP and Danny Green did too). Beas doesn't and neither did Quinn Cook, Troy Daniels who all came with that "shooter" rep.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:31 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Beasley's case highlights why I'm always skeptical of all the "we need shooters" clamor here. Volume shooters need minutes in order to succeed but if they're 1-dimensional (like Beas) then only teams that are built to hide their weaknesses can afford to give them big minutes.
The right need for the Lebron/AD Lakers is "we need 2-way starters that can stretch the floor" - DLo and Reaves do exactly that (KCP and Danny Green did too). Beas doesn't and neither did Quinn Cook, Troy Daniels who all came with that "shooter" rep.

As usual it depends on Bron and AD. MVP Bron and Bubble AD just needed solid players around them; they didn't need guys to raise the ceiling for them. You could argue that as long as they're reasonably healthy at the right time and some semblance of those guys, that might still be the case. My feeling is that the current versions need more guys who can take more of a burden on offense allowing AD to beast on D and Bron to pick his spots on both ends. Hopefully DLO, Reaves, Rui, and Dennis are those guys and we don't need Beasley to overachieve for a game or two. Even if he goes on a hot streak, the days of 20-point leads in the second half being safe seem to be over. I wouldn't mind it so much if he was just bricking open 3s; it's also that you can depend on him to make a bone-headed TO or two every game as well as (bleep) up the D in ways that much smarter basketball minds than myself can elaborate better.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:16 pm    Post subject:

The way he's been playing recently aint gonna cut it! We really need him to contribute something.
Game #4 is the perfect opportunity for Beas to come out of his slump. He is long overdue for a good shooting night.

Play-Off stats: 2.3 points and 1.0 rebound in 3 games.
    ........... Wake up MB!!
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:25 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
As much as I've criticized Beasley, I'm very happy to see that his shot has finally come around the last couple games of the season. Hoping that carries into the play-in, and post season.

I guess Beasley showed me to be the silly fool. Hoping that he had turned a corner. He''s shown us who he is, during his time as a Laker. Time to cut the cord.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:28 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

I guess Beasley showed me to be the silly fool. Hoping that he had turned a corner. He''s shown us who he is, during his time as a Laker. Time to cut the cord.
tru dat, he won't be back.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:29 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
The way he's been playing recently aint gonna cut it! We really need him to contribute something.
Game #4 is the perfect opportunity for Beas to come out of his slump. He is long overdue for a good shooting night.

Play-Off stats: 2.3 points and 1.0 rebound in 3 games.
    ........... Wake up MB!!

Based on what we have consistently seen from Beasley I don’t believe it is a slump. I think it is what it looks like. It’s time to move on from denial and let Beasley prove his worth in a situation like LW4 with DNPs instead of wasting more time giving him minutes hoping he plays differently than he’s been playing for a long time now.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Lonnie should have never been removed from the rotation. I feel like it’s political at this point. This man has given us 2 good games in over 2 months of basketball

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:15 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Lonnie should have never been removed from the rotation. I feel like it’s political at this point. This man has given us 2 good games in over 2 months of basketball

Crazy about Lonnie being in the dog house is that he’s a better basketball player then both Beasley and Troy Brown, all this time the reason why Beasley has been getting minutes is because Ham really hates Lonnie Walker
geester
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:16 pm    Post subject: Exactly...Put Walker IV back in.

PICKnPOP wrote:

I agree he should have never been removed from the rotation. He was one of the most consistent threats off the bench before all the transactions.

Same shooting % and tons more athleticism. Can create a shot when needed...

Not sure what Ham sees in Beasley, but it aint working.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Beasley has made one 3pt shot in the three games and has only taken 6. Why is he out there?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:25 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Beasley has made one 3pt shot in the three games and has only taken 6. Why is he out there?

I’m guessing because the admiration comes from the fact that we can use Beasley as a asset by boosting his trade value were as everyone’s mother knows that there is zero chance we are bringing Lonnie back next year
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Malik isn’t a trade asset. The only guys he can return are albatross contracts, something like Tyler Herro’s $30 million contract thru 2027. I wouldn’t touch that contract even if they sent 7 first round picks with it. I would reject Malik Beasley for Tyler Herro and 7 first round picks.

I assume the reason Malik is getting these minutes is something Darvin sees in practice.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:04 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Malik isn’t a trade asset. The only guys he can return are albatross contracts, something like Tyler Herro’s $30 million contract thru 2027. I wouldn’t touch that contract even if they sent 7 first round picks with it. I would reject Malik Beasley for Tyler Herro and 7 first round picks.

I assume the reason Malik is getting these minutes is something Darvin sees in practice.

I know that's just speculation on your part. But, if it's true, then Malik must be a practice god. Too bad his speculative god-like practice reps don't translate into the actual games...
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:10 am    Post subject:

Should really give Lonnie some run, and give Beas a DNP...nothing lost, everything to gain...Beas hasn't given us anything really in the last month or so, one maybe two ok games. Might as well see what Lonnie can bring and with the Grizz being thin up front a player who can get to the basket probably makes sense...if it doesn't work or Lonnie is causing us to go backwards just pull him...

Honestly as a whole our guard play has been meh
1) Dlo inconsistent 1 great play 2 dumb plays kind of thing
2) AR has been the best of the guards, slightly under performing imo
3) Dennis - has just been off, hope he can bounce back, but he hasn't been great
4) Beas - basically a non factor

If even 2 of the 4 play at the level they are capable of, I think the Lakers can run away from the Grizz
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:00 pm    Post subject:

In all 3 playoffs games so far, Lakers lost the 2nd quarter, where Beasley got his most minutes.

It's time for the experiment to end.

Thing is Beasley is the kind of player that will be RIGHT ABOUT to lose his minutes entirely and then go 7-10 from three in the next game and then buy himself another 15 games where the coach waits on him to do it again.

But I don't want him on the court for what he may do once out of every 15 games. I want Lonnie on the court that produces in better and more consistent ways already.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:06 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

I know that's just speculation on your part. But, if it's true, then Malik must be a practice god. Too bad his speculative god-like practice reps don't translate into the actual games...

Beasley is a pseudonym. His real name is Malik Vujacic.
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Beasley is a pseudonym. His real name is Malik Vujacic.
at least Sasha gave us some defense, that one great game during the 2008 finals, and probably the 2 biggest clutch FTs in Laker history game 7 of 2010 finals.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:26 pm    Post subject:

When the Lakers traded for Beasley I saw his 39% FG% with 35% from 3 and immediately became suspicious of his ability. Everyone seemed to ignore that…media and fans…so I started to second guess what I analyzed. I wish I had been wrong…it’s happened before…but Beasley turned out to be so far exacted what I expected. I also wish Ham would at least see it is instead of continuing to force uselessness in the line up with Beas, and while he’s at it, nix the LBJ/Rui front court line up as well, give LBJ rest instead of playing him at C and give those few minutes when AD is out to Mo.

Come on Ham you can do it!:

Dlo24 Schro24
AR32 LWIV8 (Dlo8)
Vando24 (LBJ16) TBjr8
LBJ16 Rui32
AD32 Mo16
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22
Jump to: