Welcome MALIK BEASLEY to Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Like I said about Beasley's efficiency. He's KCP without the defense. And even KCP stepped his game up.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Mabrick

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:46 pm    Post subject:

He’s almost certainly gonna get traded in the off season he looks lost out there
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:50 pm    Post subject:

The only reason this guy is getting playing time is due to typical workplace politics. He makes more money then Walker, therefore he must be better!

There is no other reason. What has this guy done to earn time over someone who has been with the team since the start of the season?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
The only reason this guy is getting playing time is due to typical workplace politics. He makes more money then Walker, therefore he must be better!

There is no other reason. What has this guy done to earn time over someone who has been with the team since the start of the season?

The politics is that Beasley is surely gonna be needed as a trade candidate, Walker is a UFA and is practically gonna sign with someone else we need Beasley to show his value a lot more then we do with Walker even though the decision is idiotic
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:44 pm    Post subject:

How many more chances does this guy get?
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
george w kush wrote:

The politics is that Beasley is surely gonna be needed as a trade candidate, Walker is a UFA and is practically gonna sign with someone else we need Beasley to show his value a lot more then we do with Walker even though the decision is idiotic

On it's face, that reasoning doesn't make sense. The more Beasley plays, the more his value as a potential value as a trade piece sinks. And, the Lakers are going to risk their post season success, to attempt to balloon Beasley's value? Really?

It's more likely that Ham is just married to the idea of Beasley, as opposed to the reality. Hoping that Beasley will heat up. Yet, he continues to show poor shooting, and poor defense.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Need 2-3 threes per game, just produce
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Personally I feel like Beas's defense has been solid, no? One of those things I'm not paying attention to, so maybe I'm missing things. But it also apparently isn't so glaring that I'd notice immediately.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:55 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
george w kush wrote:

On it's face, that reasoning doesn't make sense. The more Beasley plays, the more his value as a potential value as a trade piece sinks. And, the Lakers are going to risk their post season success, to attempt to balloon Beasley's value? Really?

It's more likely that Ham is just married to the idea of Beasley, as opposed to the reality. Hoping that Beasley will heat up. Yet, he continues to show poor shooting, and poor defense.

I doubt Ham cares about Beasley's salary or trade value. Ham's concern is winning now -- that's what a coach is judged on.

I think the likelier explanation is that Ham has decided on his playoff rotation and he's going to stick with it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:01 am    Post subject:

He's looking cooked out there both physically and mentally. I was hoping that his 3 would unlock something but I think he should be done for this series.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:06 am    Post subject:

I really want Beas to find his game, but we have given this process more than enough time, and now we are in the playoffs. Cannot keep doing this. The stakes are too high.

LW4 should be getting Beas' minutes.

They're not even looking for Beas any longer. if they're not running plays for Beas, LW4 makes so much more sense. When our play breaks down, LW4 can make something out of nothing. He can create for himself. He can attack the basket, draw fouls, etc.

Every minute counts in the playoffs.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
He's looking cooked out there both physically and mentally. I was hoping that his 3 would unlock something but I think he should be done for this series.

Reaves emergence and putting him on the bench makes him pretty much useless. Playing a long side Schroder and with no bigs out there also does not help him. He needs to play all his minutes next to DLO/AD or LBJ/AD or another big.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:16 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Reaves emergence and putting him on the bench makes him pretty much useless. Playing a long side Schroder and with no bigs out there also does not help him. He needs to play all his minutes next to DLO/AD or LBJ/AD or another big.

He already plays with Lebron and even AD a lot in those 2nd quarters.

The excuses for Malik Beasley here instead of just admitting he is (bleep) garbage who doesn’t deserve another minute of playing time is insanity to me.

Dude is bad. It’s just that simple. He can’t make open 3s, he’s a liability on defense, he can’t handle the ball longer than 3 seconds without turning it over, his shot selection even when he gets a shot off is terrible, and he’s overall just not a smart player.

Just sick of the excuses for this scrub. And sick especially of Ham constantly trying to make him relevant when he’s just not. Especially over more deserving players we have on the team already.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:16 am    Post subject:

The bigger problem is Beas doesn't fight over screens, on D it is very apparent when you contrast that to Reaves/Vando/Schroeder/TB Jr, it's hard to justify his minutes vs. those guys. Let alone just going bigger and putting Rui out there.

I also feel like Lonnie would have produced alot more in his minutes.

And I was a big Beasley fan, so hard to say - but I think Ham needs to look elsewhere.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:33 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He already plays with Lebron and even AD a lot in those 2nd quarters.

The excuses for Malik Beasley here instead of just admitting he is (bleep) garbage who doesn’t deserve another minute of playing time is insanity to me.

Dude is bad. It’s just that simple. He can’t make open 3s, he’s a liability on defense, he can’t handle the ball longer than 3 seconds without turning it over, his shot selection even when he gets a shot off is terrible, and he’s overall just not a smart player.

Just sick of the excuses for this scrub. And sick especially of Ham constantly trying to make him relevant when he’s just not. Especially over more deserving players we have on the team already.

He’s playing 11 minutes a game and taking 3 shots per game. Ham is playing him spot minutes to give Reaves a blow. He gets even shorter minutes in the 2nd half. What type of production are you guys expecting with those type of minutes. Not sure what Walker can do in those minutes. Walker is smaller and makes that no big line-up even smaller.

So who do you give those minutes to? Mo/Gabriel/Walker/TT or more TBJ? I dont want to hear the Christie BS as he’s a rookie and still being developed.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:43 am    Post subject:

I think you give Beas's minutes in this series to Dennis/Troy. If they aren't scoring they're still giving you defensive effort.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:50 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
He’s playing 11 minutes a game and taking 3 shots per game.

Which in the playoffs, is 11 minutes and 3 shots too much. And don’t forget, it’s the amount of points/momentum he gives the other time while he’s doing cardio on the floor too.

Give those minutes to Rui or distribute it between Rui, Schroder and Brown (who even Brown as bad as he has been on offense, can at least contribute on the other end).

And if we are talking about other players who currently have DNPs? Mo Bamba is an obvious answer, but Max Christie would even be a better idea because again, even if his shot doesn’t fall, his defense in the regular season is light years better than whatever Beasley does.

It’s just addition by subtraction like it was with Westbrick.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think you give Beas's minutes in this series to Dennis/Troy. If they aren't scoring they're still giving you defensive effort.

Who fills in the vacant spot without making that unit smaller or less shooting.

Bron/Rui/TBJ/Schro
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:52 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Which in the playoffs, is 11 minutes and 3 shots too much. And don’t forget, it’s the amount of points/momentum he gives the other time while he’s doing cardio on the floor too.

Give those minutes to Rui or distribute it between Rui, Schroder and Brown (who even Brown as bad as he has been on offense, can at least contribute on the other end).

And if we are talking about other players who currently have DNPs? Mo Bamba is an obvious answer, but Max Christie would even be a better idea because again, even if his shot doesn’t fall, his defense in the regular season is light years better than whatever Beasley does.

I'd much rather see Christie, will never happen - but he is FAR better on defense and is actually a great rebounder. He would fit great with that group.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:52 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
Mabrick

Mabrick Bricksley?

I'm just kidding, Malik. We need a breakout game in game 5.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:55 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Megaton wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I'd much rather see Christie, will never happen - but he is FAR better on defense and is actually a great rebounder. He would fit great with that group.

I mean, he’s gonna replace Beasley anyway next season. So might as well throw him in there. Because Beasley is pretty much the worst you can get production wise. What do we got to lose with playing Max over him for similar minutes?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:59 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

You can’t distribute it to those guys. Most of Beasley minutes are played with those guys already on the court. So you have to give those minutes to someone else.

And you still mentioned Christie. A rookie who barely played in the regular season. Mo would be a great plug but Ham have something against back up bigs for some reason.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:04 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Bron/Rui/TBJ/Schro

What vacant spot? Malik is a 2 guard, so we have several guys who can slide into that alongside our big rotation of AD/LBJ/Rui.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Bron/Rui/TBJ/Schro

What vacant spot? Malik is a 2 guard, so we have several guys who can slide into that alongside our big rotation of AD/LBJ/Rui.

Beasley plays with the 2nd unit. Most of his minutes are played along side Rui/Schro/TBJ and one of LBJ/AD… most of the time its with that line-up above. When AD/Reaves/DLo get their rest. So that leaves a vacant spot for some minutes.

Beasley imo is just there for spot minutes shooting role. To keep the lane open for Schro/LBJ. He is being used more of a decoy. I would love to see Mo get those minutes but that is something Ham have to figure out. Cause Beasley off the bench with Schro is no point.

Mo/Bron/Rui/TBj/Schro
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22
Jump to: